EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Gymnastics practiced in ancient Egypt.?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gymnastics practiced in ancient Egypt.?
Chosen1
Member # 18528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chosen1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But why is that tradition not found anywhere else in Africa if Egypt was "Black?"

Look at the nappy hair flowing. Damn! She is straight up Black!

-

And who says Black folk aint into gymnastics! FOOEY! I tell ya!

-

Posts: 270 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's not gymnastics but Egyptian yoga. The ancient Egyptians invented yoga and you can still find Egyptian yoga classes today.
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the Egyptians ripped off Yoga from the Bemba
Posts: 43006 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mighty Mack
Member # 17601

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mighty Mack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar:
That's not gymnastics but Egyptian yoga. The ancient Egyptians invented yoga and you can still find Egyptian yoga classes today.

Wasn't the Earliest signs of Yoga traced to the Indus Valley civilization?
Posts: 535 | From: From the Darkest of the Abyss | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ausar the fake algerian agenda king:
 -

Nappy hair at its best without the Brazilian Sh*t (Formaldehyde Included For Free Cancer)

Eye Candy....

Sweeeeeet! [Wink]

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chosen1
Member # 18528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chosen1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hot chic you got there, ausar the fake...
Posts: 270 | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Siptah, I was not serious. Some scholars have tried to use that acrobatic pose as evidence of yoga in ancient Egypt.
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Afrocentric Liars Exposed:
But why is that tradition not found anywhere else in Africa if Egypt was "Black?"

-

-

Ignorance and Foolish Exposed Again!

African Acrobatic Dancers

Go here and learn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReAvS6VebEg&feature=related

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by IronLion:
quote:
Originally posted by ausar the fake algerian agenda king:
 -

Nappy hair at its best without the Brazilian Sh*t (Formaldehyde Included For Free Cancer)

Eye Candy....

Sweeeeeet! [Wink]

She is Fine!! Very beautiful, I think Big Mo has a thing for Black Women...All the Black Girls he posts are Good looking.
Posts: 8812 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by a Eurocentric Liar Exposed:

-

-

The woman in the first picture is actually portrayed doing an acrobatic type DANCE. The Egyptians in the second picture are young women engaged in simple sport where they throw a small ball while mounted on another person. I don't know what either has to do with "acrobatics". The skin paint for both images are obviously worn as the original complexion was the symbolic yellow. As for the hair of the first woman, we've explained many times that so-called "nappy" hair is not the only hair texture among Africans. The woman's hair is not exactly flowing silk but thick wavy curls not uncommon for black peoples of northeast Africa.

-

Case closed, and this thread is as good as closed Ausar. [Embarrassed]

Posts: 26353 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ EDIT: The woman in the first picture is actually portrayed doing an acrobatic type DANCE. The Egyptians in the second picture are young women engaged in simple sport where they throw a small ball while mounted on another person. I don't know what either has to do with "gymnastics".

Dancing and games like the girls are doing are very common in Africa. So what do any of this have to do with the Greek concept let alone modern concept of gymnastics?

Posts: 26353 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mighty Mack
Member # 17601

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mighty Mack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ That hairtype is kinky and should not be restrictively considered NorthEast African. Constant growth and styling is what a lot of black people do to produce and maintain such a flowing thick hairstyle. This is not to say however some black Africans (people) naturally possess this looser kinky hair type.

Another Black woman sporting looser Kinks:
 -

Posts: 535 | From: From the Darkest of the Abyss | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ You're right. I forgot about that-- that even tight kinky hair after long periods of braiding can become loosened to have that appearance. Obviously not the 'flowing silk' that the dumb Euronut exposed fantasizes. [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com