EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Does one have to be "African" to be "black" (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Does one have to be "African" to be "black"
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MelaninKing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Actually fool, there are at least a dozen known, published black doctors who focus specifically on Melanin research.
Doctors Moore, Clark, and Pookrum are a few.

You Jews substitute Melanin with stem cell in an lame attempt to muddy the water.

As to my screen name, I have held two (2) names in my years here on ES. It is no secret and everyone here knows my former name of Meninarmer.
You, on the other hand are likely to have yet another name within the next 6 months.

Yet again you gladly wallow in your ignorance. No real surprise. You've been lost ever since Rasol abandoned you two years ago. Since you lost Rasol, your Cut and pastes have become even more consistent.

Do me a favor and help me understand the actual operating theory behind DNA analyzers. I realize this request is similar to asking a COP how his radar gun works, but I thank you in advance even though your reply will be lacking.

Posts: 2403 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MelaninKing:
^ Actually fool, there are at least a dozen known, published black doctors who focus specifically on Melanin research.

Yea fool, but YOU don't study it. Get it?

Yet you don't correct Mike111 when he calls you an expert in the field right? lol

Fraudulent peon.

BTW can you show me where any of these individuals you mention promote what you do?

quote:
As to my screen name, I have held two (2) names in my years here on ES. It is no secret and everyone here knows my former name of Meninarmer.

You brought up screenames in attempt to distract.

Anyway, only because others (including myself) have called you out, is why anyone knows who you are and that you have changed up so many times.

quote:
You, on the other hand are likely to have yet another name within the next 6 months.

If I choose to change my psueodonym without changing my account, it's all well.

But when I change my account and moniker as you've done so many times is when you should be concerned.

quote:
You've been lost ever since Rasol abandoned you two years ago.

Isn't this the same thing you repeat whenever you've lost a debate? lol

You're like Clyde Winters when he loses a debate he just spams the same post over and over again.

You're so predictable old man, you have been outed years ago and are still trying to catch up.

quote:
Do me a favor and help me understand the actual operating theory behind DNA analyzers. I thank you in advance.

Sorry old man, but you can go back to school or read a book for that. I understand that DNA wasn't yet utilized in your era.

P.S. I see you're trying to rope me into one your back and forth nonsensical exchanges, which is why you mentioned my name, but I'm not up for it.

Posts: 6572 | From: N.Y.C....Capital of the World | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TruthAndRights:
quote:
Originally posted by AGÜEYBANÁ(Mind718):
^^That's funny because it's actually individuals like you with their psuedoscience and denial of actual science which has put this board in the decay that it's in.

It's hilarious that individuals like yourself, Mike111, Clyde etc...think they've contributed anything to this site to promote it to its height in its heyday.

None of you did.

In fact it was posters like rasol, Explorer, Altakruri etc...and guess what, these are the same individuals who blatantly disagree with your pseudoscience and you in turn call "JEW".

Coincidence? LMAO

-
Indeed bullseye.
Posts: 6572 | From: N.Y.C....Capital of the World | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MelaninKing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Yea, but YOU don't study it.

Yet you don't correct Mike111 when he calls you an expert in the field right? lol

Fraudulent peon.

BTW can you show me where any of these individuals you mention promote what you do?

quote:

You brought up screenames in attempt to distract.

Anyway, only because others have called you out, including myself is why anyone knows who you are and that you have changed up so many times.

quote:

If I choose to change my psueodonym without changing my account, it's all well.

But when I change my account and moniker as you've done so many times is when you should be concerned.

quote:
You've been lost ever since Rasol abandoned you two years ago.

Isn't this the same thing you repeat whenever you've lost a debate? lol

You're like Clyde Winters when he loses a debate he just spams the same post over and over again.

You're so predictable old man, you have been outed years ago and are still trying to catch up.

quote:
Do me a favor and help me understand the actual operating theory behind DNA analyzers. I thank you in advance.

Sorry old man, but you can go back to school or read a book for that. I understand that DNA wasn't yet utilized in your era.

P.S. I see you're trying to rope me into one your back and forth nonsensical exchanges, which is why you mentioned my name, but I'm not up for it.

Just admit yet another exposure of your impotence.

I'll bet you that you fail miserably to name >2 screen names I have used here on ES. If you can, I'll leave ES forever.

Yes, I have studied published Melanin research, whitepapers, ect.
You have not which explains your total ignorance of your own Albinism.

As I correct surmised, you fail to comprehend exactly how those DNA samples you all throw out are electronically derived using closed proprietary designs.
Hell, you have already proven to everyone your lack of comprehension of Vitamin D, or are you still attempting to tie Vitamin D in with skin color? LMBAO!!!

What an impotent, photophobic, sun burning fool you are.
Too dense for me justifying spending anymore time typing responses to your ignorant albino ass.

As I sated earlier, name > two (2) screen names I've used here on ES over the years and I'll never come back.
If you fail, yet again, you exile yourself, although I realize you won't but create yet another persona.

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000014;p=71#003538

Posts: 2403 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@ no one in particular, as this is just a general random thought here, especially after reading that link/page  -

there is a difference between a THEORY and a FACT...

a theory is just a theory/opinion, until proven it's FACT/TRUTH....

just because someone THINKS it's so, nuh mean seh it go so...  -

in the meantime, would smaddy mind telling me just when the election for Ambassador of Blackness was held? My vote neva cast yet still....

Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Melaninking:

It was Miles Davis that said, all throughout his life when he put his bands together, he included 1 or 2 whites.
Then he began to notice that when those white musicians left his band to form their own, they never ever placed any black musicians.

MK this is a false statement, name which white musicians in Miles' band that didn't hire black people. Stop the bull

quote:

Thereafter, Miles never had whites (Jews) in his band, and ultimately said;

this is garbage, he was playing with white musicians till he died. For example:

Miles Davis Live Around the World [Live]
Original Release Date: May 14, 1996
recorded on two tours from 1985-91
Includes Kenny Garrett & Foley & Adam Holzman

-

Adam Holzman 1993 - In A Loud Way CD
Personnel: Adam Holzman (keyboards, synthesizers, programming); Kenny Garrett (alto & soprano saxophones); Jimi Tunnell (guitar, vocoder-guitar); Darryl Jones, Steve Logan (bass);

^^^^at least two black people in this group

Miles Davis Nonet
Miles Davis (tp, key) Bob Berg (ss, ts, key) Adam Holzman, Robert Irving (key, syn) Mike Stern (el-g) Angus Thomas (el-b) Vincent Wilburn (d) Marilyn Mazur, Steve Thornton (per)
"Falkonercentret", Copenhagen, Denmark, October 28, 1985

Here's a late one 1992:

Miles Davis (tp) Bill Evans (ss, ts) Steve Grossman (ts) Chick Corea (el-p) Dave Holland (b) Al Foster (d)

^^^^^Steve Grossman, "white"
David Holland "white" both had groups with blacks

MK there's a lot more in his discography http://www.jazzdisco.org/miles-davis/discography/
Do I need to waste time disproving you?

Some of Bill Evans personnel on his own album after playing with Miles:
Ron Carter, Philly Joe Jones, Sam Jones, Freddy Hubbard

you have your head up your

quote:
"If I had one wish before I die, it is to strangle a white man (Jew) to death in my last 10 minutes of life".

MK. you are a real freak. Where is the source for this quote?
Also you added to white man:
"(Jew)"
This is idiotic, what percentage of white people are Jews? Something less than 5%
you are truly delusional

quote:

Interestingly, in his last 15 years of life, Miles refused to record any of his own songs because he knew the Jews would steal it.
So, he hired a young brother by the name of Marcus Miller who wrote and arranged most of Mile's albums.

fool, Marcus wrote the stuff
Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:
quote:

It was Miles Davis that said, all throughout his life when he put his bands together, he included 1 or 2 whites.
Then he began to notice that when those white musicians left his band to form their own, they never ever placed any black musicians.

MK this is a false statement, name which white musicians in Miles' band that didn't hire black people. Stop the bull

quote:

Thereafter, Miles never had whites (Jews) in his band, and ultimately said;

this is garbage, he was playing with white musicians till he died. For example:

Miles Davis Live Around the World [Live]
Original Release Date: May 14, 1996
recorded on two tours from 1985-91
Includes Kenny Garrett & Foley & Adam Holzman

-

Adam Holzman 1993 - In A Loud Way CD
Personnel: Adam Holzman (keyboards, synthesizers, programming); Kenny Garrett (alto & soprano saxophones); Jimi Tunnell (guitar, vocoder-guitar); Darryl Jones, Steve Logan (bass);

^^^^at least two black people in this group

Miles Davis Nonet
Miles Davis (tp, key) Bob Berg (ss, ts, key) Adam Holzman, Robert Irving (key, syn) Mike Stern (el-g) Angus Thomas (el-b) Vincent Wilburn (d) Marilyn Mazur, Steve Thornton (per)
"Falkonercentret", Copenhagen, Denmark, October 28, 1985

Here's a late one 1992:

Miles Davis (tp) Bill Evans (ss, ts) Steve Grossman (ts) Chick Corea (el-p) Dave Holland (b) Al Foster (d)

^^^^^Steve Grossman, "white"
David Holland "white" both had groups with blacks

MK there's a lot more in his discography http://www.jazzdisco.org/miles-davis/discography/
Do I need to waste time disproving you?

Some of Bill Evans personnel on his own album after playing with Miles:
Ron Carter, Philly Joe Jones, Sam Jones, Freddy Hubbard

you have your head up your

quote:
"If I had one wish before I die, it is to strangle a white man (Jew) to death in my last 10 minutes of life".

MK. you are a real freak. Where is the source for this quote?
Also you added to white man:
"(Jew)"
This is idiotic, what percentage of white people are Jews? Something less than 5%
you are truly delusional

quote:

Interestingly, in his last 15 years of life, Miles refused to record any of his own songs because he knew the Jews would steal it.
So, he hired a young brother by the name of Marcus Miller who wrote and arranged most of Mile's albums.

fool, Marcus wrote the stuff

LOL, you are more familiar with Kenny G than Miles, else you would already have read his biography and not written the crap you just did. [Roll Eyes]

Stop embarrassing yourself and if too lazy to read his own words, do a simple google search for famous Miles Davis quotes.

TruthAndRights
Member # 17346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TruthAndRights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
do a simple google search for famous Miles Davis quotes
welllllll, respectfully, that particular one hasn't come up quite yet....seems to be the only Miles Davis quote not coming up....why don't you help us poor ignorant clueless people out nuh...

dis ano fimi argument and mi nuh buyout lioness argument neidda, but mi curious bout dis still...

please and thanks....

Posts: 3446 | From: U.S. by way of JA by way of Africa | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
Jah! It's just a simple search which SHOULD consume all of 30 sec..

MILES DAVIS "If somebody told me I had only one hour to live, I'd spend it choking a white man. I'd do it nice and slow." ["Miles Davis Can't Shake Boyhood Racial Abuse," Jet, March 25, 1985.]

http://www.soundopinions.org/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t7350.html

For his other quotes, simply d/l his bio e-book.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Jah! It's just a simple search which SHOULD consume all of 30 sec..

MILES DAVIS "If somebody told me I had only one hour to live, I'd spend it choking a white man. I'd do it nice and slow." ["Miles Davis Can't Shake Boyhood Racial Abuse," Jet, March 25, 1985.]

http://www.soundopinions.org/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t7350.html

For his other quotes, simply d/l his bio e-book.

complete very short article in Jet, quoting other article from USA Today:

http://books.google.com/books?id=FbEDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA61&lpg=PA61&

Jet Magazine, Mar 25th 1985

Miles Davis Can't Shake Boyhood Racial Abuse

Grammy Award winning trumpeter Miles Davis admits that he hasn't quite been able to come to terms with the racial discrimination he suffered as a child.
He once recalled being the best in the music class on the trumpet, but all the contest prizes went to the boys with blue eyes"

In a recent USA Today article, reporter Miles White quotes Miles Davis as saying " If somebody told me I had only one hour to live, I'd spend it choking a white man. I'd do it nice and slow." But the veteran musician added "The only White people I don't like are the prejudiced White people Those the shoe don't fit well they don't wear it"

I don't know if the original USA Today article is on the web. Their search archive doesn't seem to work. MK how can you live in a white majority country? How can you stand it?

Posts: 42940 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
Miles grew up in the country in the deep south.
His father was an accountant who did the books for farmers and ranchers in his immediate area. Using the money he made from doing the books for whites, he saved and purchased a small (10-20 acre) farm.
Once the whites he worked for found out that he used the money to purchase the farm, they bum rushed the farm, drove the family off, and stole the land. Shortly after, Mile's father died of a heart attack.
America must have millions of stories like this one told by blacks.
In 1940, 13% of all US farm land was owned by blacks. Today, due to theft, only .1% of these lands are owned by blacks.

Miles never forgot that, and I have never forgotten the dirty deeds whites have done to my family as well.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Miles grew up in the country in the deep south.
His father was an accountant who did the books for farmers and ranchers in his immediate area. Using the money he made from doing the books for whites, he saved and purchased a small (10-20 acre) farm.
Once the whites he worked for found out that he used the money to purchase the farm, they bum rushed the farm, drove the family off, and stole the land. America must have millions of stories like this one told by blacks.
In 1940, 13% of all US farm land was owned by blacks. Today, due to theft, only .1% of these lands are owned by blacks.

Miles never forgot that, and I have never forgotten the dirty deeds whites have done to my family as well.

I can't knock what you said
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
quote:
MK how can you live in a white majority country? How can you stand it?

Recently, I have been giving serious thought and planning to retire in either Panama or Cuba.
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
MK how can you live in a white majority country? How can you stand it?

Recently, I have been giving serious thought and planning to retire in either Panama or Cuba.
what do you think of Costa Rica?
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
^ No. Like the Islands, they are under US/Israel control and subject to US Homeland Security compliance.
Only Panama and Cuba are not.

--------------------
Melanin King 4Shared Ebook and video depository;
http://www.4shared.com/u/vprmsqkz/1027fc89/melaninking.html

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Nothing about me is albino nor Jewish. African culture is woow woow woof wooooff....

Agueybana? Agueybana, alias Mindlessone, alias MOM, alias Evergreen, alias Djehuti, alias this, alias etc..etc..

Agueybana your albino juu-boi bombomclat! [Big Grin]

Ignoramus little mexcali dorito .... We chew you up! [Razz]

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
^ He must think I'm so old that I have memory lapses.

--------------------

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

^^You must me old because you forgot about addressing the below, or perhaps you blatantly ignored it?

If the latter I can see why as it exposes your fraudulent jackass.

quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MelaninKing:
[qb] ^ Actually fool, there are at least a dozen known, published black doctors who focus specifically on Melanin research.

Fraudulent peon.

quote:
Yes, I have studied published Melanin research, whitepapers, ect.
You have not which explains your total ignorance of your own Albinism.

Point us towards the papers you've studied that promote and say anything that you are and which gives you more insight into this genetic research of melanin than the professionals in the field from which you read and cry afoul...

I'll wait.

quote:
As I correct surmised, you fail to comprehend exactly how those DNA samples you all throw out are electronically derived using closed proprietary designs.

If this is true, then again, what's taking you so long to tell us exactly how "those DNA samples being electronically derived using closed proprietary designs" renders DNA useless...?

Get to it...

quote:
Hell, you have already proven to everyone your lack of comprehension of Vitamin D, or are you still attempting to tie Vitamin D in with skin color? LMBAO!!!

Jeez ol man it's been over 2 years yet you still repeat the same misguided nonsense over and over.

You like to project your own mis-comprehension of data onto others.

I.e., instead of actually going off what was said, you babble about what you think something means and in turn attribute it to the person you're debating.

You're a waste. Lol

quote:
What an impotent, photophobic, sun burning fool you are.

So you're telling me that your melanin gives you some sort of psychic abilities huh?

Please, I implore you to tell us how to utilize this power, because as far as I'm concerned you've never seen me a day in your life.

This could be interesting...

quote:
Too dense for me justifying spending anymore time typing responses to your ignorant albino ass.

What did you clarify besides the fact that you're an old deluded idiot who can't come to terms with the modern era? Really?

Elaborate point by point. I'll be awaiting your response.

Don't take that long though ol man.

quote:
If you fail, yet again, you exile yourself, although I realize you won't but create yet another persona.

Is your old brain really misfiring that badly?

You're the one who creates a new persona, you changed your whole profile to another account, not me.

You jackass.

quote:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000014;p=71#003538

Perfect thanks, you show your idiocy to others for me, lol.

Btw to all interested, click the above thread link and read therein, akoben is anguish of being and meninarmer is melaninking, I'm there as well.

Now tell me who is the recognizable one in that thread without me telling you what I just did. LMAO.

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

quote:
Originally posted by IronLion:
quote:
Nothing about me is albino nor Jewish. African culture is woow woow woof wooooff....

Agueybana? Agueybana, alias Mindlessone, alias MOM, alias Evergreen, alias Djehuti, alias this, alias etc..etc..

Agueybana your albino juu-boi bombomclat! [Big Grin]

Ignoramus little mexcali dorito .... We chew you up! [Razz]

^^Here's yet another confused jackass, doesn't know whether if he's from Nigeria or Jamaica.

His mention of mexcali perhaps meaning Mexico and California is simply a testament to this fact that tinkitty--wanna be ironlion-- doesn't understand geography very well.

As Puerto Rico where my ancestors came to the U.S.A. from, over a century ago (to N.Y.C.), is far from Mexico and Cali and two totally different cultures and peoples.

Indeed jackasses...I swear.

P.S. lol that I'm now Evergreen and Djehuti as well, what a dunce tinkitty is.

IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agueybana?

Agueybana your bloo'wool blouse and mexicali skirts! Lol!

Juu-boi, we chew you up like some ignorant doritos...anyways.

Agueybana? Agueybana your bombomclat schizoid multiple identity complex crisis!

LMBAO!

--------------------
Lionz

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
^ LMBAO @ that fool who claims that Europeans lost their melanin because they have no access to Seafood and other Vitamin D rich foodstuff.
The shameful part is, in spite of the tons of knowledge we dropped on his beanie covered head, he still believes that nonsense.
No wonder he's changed his name here so many times. Without Rasol, he's like a garbage truck with no driver.

--------------------

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^Interestingly, many Pure Whites seem to find the true explanation for their color satisfying - they suspected it anyway, and it's better than not knowing.

However, wanna-be mulattoes who have spent their entire lives, and the lives of their ancestors, and the lives of their communities, aspiring to something that turns out to be a defect, are devastated by the truth!

(In a recent census, almost 100% of P.Rs. claimed to be White).

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
^ LMBAO @ that fool who claims that Europeans lost their melanin because they have no access to Seafood and other Vitamin D rich foodstuff.
The shameful part is, in spite of the tons of knowledge we dropped on his beanie covered head, he still believes that nonsense.
No wonder he's changed his name here so many times. Without Rasol, he's like a garbage truck with no driver.

Tha juu-boi is actually the garbage in that driverless truck...

LOL! [Razz]

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

^^Bunch of hotair blowing from three jackass peas in a pod, monkey see monkey do.

quote:
Originally posted by IronLion:
Agueybana?

Agueybana your bloo'wool blouse and mexicali skirts! Lol!

Juu-boi, we chew you up like some ignorant doritos...anyways.

Agueybana? Agueybana your bombomclat schizoid multiple identity complex crisis!

LMBAO!

Read your post to yourself, then tell us who's schitzo dumbass. Lol

Again, the one with an identity crisis is obviously you, in one breath saying you're Nigerian, but the next you're trying to speak patois.

Which one is it tinkitten?

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

quote:

Repeating your same misinterpretations and projecting it onto me is not gonna win you anything, maybe with dunces like lilMike and tinkitty. But not in the real world.

quote:
quote:
[qb] ^ Actually fool, there are at least a dozen known, published black doctors who focus specifically on Melanin research.

Fraudulent peon.

^^Why you running?
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

quote:
Originally posted by Mike111:
^Interestingly, many Pure Whites seem to find the true explanation for their color satisfying - they suspected it anyway, and it's better than not knowing.

However, wanna-be mulattoes who have spent their entire lives, and the lives of their ancestors, and the lives of their communities, aspiring to something that turns out to be a defect, are devastated by the truth!

Ah, and here we have the Wikipedia master, gets all his info from Wikipedia but then complains when it doesn't agree with him...

There are more Puerto Ricans living in the mainland USA than on the island so what the island agrees with doesnt have much bearing on the millions of PR's in the USA.

Anyway...read and learn bitchboy! This is not Wikipedia btw, hence it requires more reading understanding and goes into more details.

Well all know how much you hate reading. lol

quote:
How Puerto Rico Became White:
An Analysis of Racial Statistics in the 1910 and 1920 Censuses

Mara Loveman Jeronimo Muniz

University of Wisconsin, Madison University of Wisconsin, Madison

http://www.ssc.wisc.edu/cde/demsem/loveman-muniz.pdf

Abstract
The gradual “whitening” of Puerto Rico over the course of the twentieth century
is often noted in scholarly, journalistic, and popular descriptions of the island’s
population. In 1899, a year after Puerto Rico came under U.S. dominion, the census
reported that 62 percent of the population was white; by the year 2000, according to
official census results, the white proportion of the Puerto Rican population reached 80
percent. Observers of Puerto Rican society have speculated about the sources of this
trend, which is typically cited as evidence of the hold of “whitening ideology” on the
island. To date, however, none of the hypothesized mechanisms of whitening have been
subjected to empirical test. Using newly available public use samples of the 1910 and
1920 censuses of Puerto Rico, this paper explores three possible explanations for the
growth in the white population according to official statistics: (1) demographic processes,
(2) institutional bias of the Census Office, and (3) socio-cultural shifts in societal
conceptions of race. We find little support for the first two hypotheses. The proportion of
whites in the Puerto Rican population in 1920 is at least ten percent higher than would be
expected due to natural rates of population growth. And it appears, somewhat
surprisingly, that any institutional bias of the Puerto Rican Census Office worked to
mitigate the magnitude of whitening in this period rather than contributing to it. We find
that the statistical whitening of Puerto Rico between 1910 and 1920 is primarily due to
changes in the social definition of whiteness. The children of interracial unions, in
particular, were much more likely to be classified as white in 1920 than in 1910.

quote:
How Puerto Rico Became White: Boundary Dynamics and Intercensus Racial Reclassification

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/asoca/asr/2007/00000072/00000006/art00004

Abstract:
According to official census results, the Puerto Rican population became significantly whiter in the first half of the twentieth century. Social scientists have long speculated about the source of this trend, but until now, available data did not permit competing hypotheses of Puerto Rico's whitening to be evaluated empirically. This article revisits the question of how Puerto Rico whitened using newly available Public Use Micro-Samples from the 1910 and 1920 U.S. Censuses of Puerto Rico. Demographic analysis reveals that racial reclassification between censuses generated a “surplus” of nearly 100,000 whites in the 1920 enumerated population. Previous studies of intercensus change in the racial composition of populations have demonstrated that racial reclassification occurs. Going beyond previous studies, we investigate empirically the underlying social mechanisms that fueled change in categorical membership. Reclassification between censuses may reflect the movement of individuals across racial boundaries (boundary crossing), the movement of racial boundaries across individuals (boundary shifting), or both of these boundary dynamics simultaneously. Operationalization of these conceptually distinct boundary dynamics shows that Puerto Rico whitened in the second decade of the twentieth century primarily through boundary shifting—an expansion of the social definition of whiteness itself. Our analysis helps advance general sociological understanding of how symbolic boundaries change.

MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Repeating your same misinterpretations and projecting it onto me is not gonna win you anything, maybe with dunces like lilMike and tinkitty. But not in the real world.
So, are you saying that you now realize the error of your ways, and denounce that piece of fiction you and Rasol attempted to sneak pass as scholarship?
If not, then you still believe the same nonsense.

Sorry dude, but from what I have observed, Mike has you beat in a very one-sided, non-competitive bout of intellect. You need to go back to the gym and put in some work.

LOL, as expected, you harp on about "expertise" (Melanin), but all things relative, compared to you, I am.

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

quote:
quote:
quote:

So, are you saying that you now realize the error of your ways,
I've realized the errors of your ways actually, which involves blatant misinterpretations and projections so you can act like you don't understand, and then repeat the same questions over and over. Yes I see it. LOL

quote:

Sorry dude, but from what I have observed, Mike has you beat in a very one-sided, non-competitive bout of intellect.

^LMAOOOOOO this was hilarious, I needed the laugh indeed. Thanks.

quote:
LOL, as expected, you harp on about "expertise" (Melanin), but all things relative, compared to you, I am.

Well, then where are your sources that agree with anything you say? What's taking you so long?
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
^ So, you admit you still believe that Europeans lost their melanin due to Vitamin D deficiency. Thank you for being honest.

--------------------

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

^^I understand reading is something that hurts your brain, but get it right this time. That Europeans lost their melanin due to vitamin D deficiency is your misinterpretation. Let me give you a little hint as to what is known. Under lower UV environments there is nothing to keep the skin dark as in tropical areas, hence lightening occurred. This can be seen wherein people tan under the summer sun and lighten during the winter. Your boy Egmond Codfried is one of them. If your points reigned true then every human around the world would be as dark as equatorial Africans, but guess what? They're not.

P.S. I also understand you like to ignore requests for data, but why is that? Is it because you don't have any data that agrees with your point in the first place? I'm sure it is.

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

*......*

quote:
quote:
[qb] LOL, as expected, you harp on about "expertise" (Melanin), but all things relative, compared to you, I am.

Well, then where are your sources that agree with anything you say? What's taking you so long?
^^Well??
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

How long does it take you to cite a source for your beliefs MK? I mean, come on already.
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
^ If you haven't been capable of comprehending the sources I post, that's a personal problem.
As I've proven, but apparently as usual, the data being beyond your grasp, is that albinos (whites) need melanin, even in environments with less UV intensity then Africa to maintain immunity to sun burn/skin cancer.
This FACT is proven without doubt in the number of incidents of skin cancer in Europe, and any other geography on the planet in which Albinos have MIGRATED.
Since skin cancer rates in Europe are very high, obviously, Europe is not their nature environment.
Since skin cancer rates are still persistent even when whites (albinos) reside in the Antarctic, one has to wonder if any surface location on the planet could support their alien like physiologies and high susceptibility to cellular damage.

Multi-Persona, The FACT is, the only way Europeans lost their melanin coupled with severe immunity system compromise is, the OCA defect.
All data supports this conclusion.

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

quote:
^ If you haven't been capable of comprehending the sources I post, that's a personal problem.

Nice try, but you've never cited a source which agrees with anything that you promote, ever. Stop lying.

Name one source, one scientist atleast, here's your chance....what's taking you so damn long ol man?

MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
^ OK, since you prefer to show your ass, I'll accommodate you this one time.
Exactly what are you failing to comprehend?

--------------------

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

*Yawn*

quote:
[QB]Nice try, but you've never cited a source which agrees with anything that you promote, ever. Stop lying.

Name one source, one scientist atleast, here's your chance....what's taking you so damn long ol man?

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike111   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
How Puerto Rico Became White:
An Analysis of Racial Statistics in the 1910 and 1920 Censuses

Mara Loveman Jeronimo Muniz

University of Wisconsin, Madison University of Wisconsin, Madison

http://www.ssc.wisc.edu/cde/demsem/loveman-muniz.pdf

Abstract
The gradual “whitening” of Puerto Rico over the course of the twentieth century
is often noted in scholarly, journalistic, and popular descriptions of the island’s
population. In 1899, a year after Puerto Rico came under U.S. dominion, the census
reported that 62 percent of the population was white; by the year 2000, according to
official census results, the white proportion of the Puerto Rican population reached 80
percent. Observers of Puerto Rican society have speculated about the sources of this
trend, which is typically cited as evidence of the hold of “whitening ideology” on the
island. To date, however, none of the hypothesized mechanisms of whitening have been
subjected to empirical test. Using newly available public use samples of the 1910 and
1920 censuses of Puerto Rico, this paper explores three possible explanations for the
growth in the white population according to official statistics: (1) demographic processes,
(2) institutional bias of the Census Office, and (3) socio-cultural shifts in societal
conceptions of race. We find little support for the first two hypotheses. The proportion of
whites in the Puerto Rican population in 1920 is at least ten percent higher than would be
expected due to natural rates of population growth. And it appears, somewhat
surprisingly, that any institutional bias of the Puerto Rican Census Office worked to
mitigate the magnitude of whitening in this period rather than contributing to it. We find
that the statistical whitening of Puerto Rico between 1910 and 1920 is primarily due to
changes in the social definition of whiteness. The children of interracial unions, in
particular, were much more likely to be classified as white in 1920 than in 1910.

quote:
^^I understand reading is something that hurts your brain, but get it right this time. That Europeans lost their melanin due to vitamin D deficiency is your misinterpretation. Let me give you a little hint as to what is known. Under lower UV environments there is nothing to keep the skin dark as in tropical areas, hence lightening occurred. This can be seen wherein people tan under the summer sun and lighten during the winter. Your boy Egmond Codfried is one of them. If your points reigned true then every human around the world would be as dark as equatorial Africans, but guess what? They're not.

P.S. I also understand you like to ignore requests for data, but why is that? Is it because you don't have any data that agrees with your point in the first place? I'm sure it is.

Mindless, it's obvious that your mind works at a higher level than mine. So please help me with this.

Mindless quote: Let me give you a little hint as to what is known. Under lower UV environments there is nothing to keep the skin dark as in tropical areas, hence lightening occurred.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Puerto Rico has almost the exact same UV climate as Sudan in Africa.

-

-

Yet Puerto Ricans keep getting WHITER!

Study quote: In 1899, a year after Puerto Rico came under U.S. dominion, the census
percent.

I'm really trying Mindless, but I just don't get it!

Posts: 22721 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
^ OK, let's use YOUR source. The Albino minister of disinformation, Prime OCA candidate, Jewess Nina Jablonski who incorrectly states;

By the time Jablonski did her research, Loomis's hypothesis had been partially disproved. "You can never overdose on natural amounts of vitamin D," Jablonski says. "There are only rare cases where people take too many cod-liver supplements."

Although this MAY be true for Albinos like Jab, it is incorrect for melaniated people who certainly can easily overdose on Vitamin D intake since they have the capability of storing Vitamin D while whites do not.

Health Risks from Excessive Vitamin D Vitamin D toxicity can cause non-specific symptoms such as anorexia, weight loss, polyuria, and heart arrhythmias. More seriously, it can also raise blood levels of calcium which leads to vascular and tissue calcification, with subsequent damage to the heart, blood vessels, and kidneys [1]. The use of supplements of both calcium (1,000 mg/day) and vitamin D (400 IU) by postmenopausal women was associated with a 17% increase in the risk of kidney stones over 7 years in the Women's Health Initiative [65]. A serum 25(OH)D concentration consistently >500 nmol/L (>200 ng/mL) is considered to be potentially toxic [5].

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/vitamind/

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

quote:
^ OK, let's use YOUR source.

Are you seriously that stupid? I asked you for a source which agrees with what you promote. Obviously you don't have one, you exposed jackass! Lol.
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

quote:
Mindless, it's obvious that your mind works at a higher level than mine.

I'd agree.

quote:
So please help me with this.

Mindless quote: Let me give you a little hint as to what is known. Under lower UV environments there is nothing to keep the skin dark as in tropical areas, hence lightening occurred.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Puerto Rico has almost the exact same UV climate as Sudan in Africa.

Wtf?

I wasn't talking about Puerto Rico's climate.

quote:
Yet Puerto Ricans keep getting WHITER!

Study quote: In 1899, a year after Puerto Rico came under U.S. dominion, the census
percent.

I'm really trying Mindless, but I just don't get it!

If you read the studies I posted (which you obviously didn't) you'd know this has nothing to do with the people actually being white. Dummy.

We find that the statistical whitening of Puerto Rico between 1910 and 1920 is primarily due to changes in the social definition of whiteness.

^^Read for once lilMikey...

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

quote:
How did the population of Puerto Rico become white? According to official statistics, the Puerto Rican population became significantly whiter over the course of the twentieth century. A census taken by the U.S. Department of War in 1899, a year after Puerto Rico came under U.S. dominion, found that 61.8 percent of the Puerto Rican population was “white.” A century later, the 2000 U.S. census results showed that 80.5 percent of the island’s population was “white.” What accounts for this dramatic shift in the racial composition of Puerto Rico’s population as reported in official statistics? For those familiar with Puerto Rican society and history, this question may seem disingenuous. After all, ever since the island came under U.S. control Puerto Rican elites have worked long and hard to create and maintain Puerto Rico’s image as the “white island of the Antilles.” At the turn of the twentieth century, the effort to portray the Puerto Rican population as white was partly a response to scientific racism. Confronted with scientific theories that linked prospects for development to a society’s “racial stock,” Puerto Rican elites – like their counterparts elsewhere in Latin America – sought to position their society on the road to racial progress.2 Perhaps even more ominous than the predictions of race science, for Puerto Rican elites, was the specter of what might become of their society were their colonizers to see Puerto Rico as predominantly non-white. The shadow of the Jim Crow south hung over the island of Puerto Rico in the early twentieth- century, a constant reminder of what it meant to be non-white under the rule of the United States.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
quote:

Mindless quote: If you read the studies I posted (which you obviously didn't) you'd know this has nothing to do with the people actually being white. Dummy.

We find that the statistical whitening of Puerto Rico between 1910 and 1920 is primarily due to changes in the social definition of whiteness.

^^Read for once lilMikey...

So I was right the first time!

Then why did you disagree with me?

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

^^Wrong, as your implication citing wikipedia was that the census on the island spoke for all Puerto Ricans, and that all Puerto Ricans claimed to be white, which is completely false.

Which is why I said "There are more Puerto Ricans living in the mainland USA than on the island so what the island agrees with doesnt have much bearing on the millions of PR's in the USA."

As you will note this "whitening ideology" arose after the U.S.A came to power over Puerto Rico. So this ideology is a new one.

If you took time to read the studies provided and actually cared about being correct instead of citing wikipedia for your sources then you would know better.

Mike111
Banned
Member # 9361

Rate Member
^So once a Puerto Rican reaches the U.S. they are no longer "True" Puerto Ricans?
AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

^^There are millions of Puerto Ricans in the U.S.A. who have been here for generations upon generations, hence were not even present on the island when most if not all of these censuses took place, that's the point (the 2000' census from wikipedia that you're citing especially). Remember this whitening ideology only arose over the last century after P.R. came under U.S. rule. During the late 1800's and early to mid 19th century many many Puerto Ricans were migrating to the U.S.A. This ideology on the island of identifying as white didn't affect these Puerto Ricans migrating nor change the U.S.A's thought process about who P.R.'s were, as they were put into African American neighborhoods.
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
quote:
^^Wrong, as your implication citing wikipedia was that the census on the island spoke for all Puerto Ricans, and that all Puerto Ricans claimed to be white.

So Mindless Doritos, are you white because of social reconstruction [Big Grin] or are you white because you carry the defective ("derived") version of the OCA gene?

Or are you white because you are Porto Ricansss? [Razz]

MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
^ OK, let's use YOUR source.

Are you seriously that stupid? I asked you for a source which agrees with what you promote. Obviously you don't have one, you exposed jackass! Lol.
Man, I'm not going to go in circles with you again while you have no idea of what you are asking for.
If you have a compelling need, present a specific request.
!

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

^From that, I take it that you don't know what it is you promote. Since you fail to understand how to provide a source for it. What an idiot. LoL
MelaninKing
Member # 17444

Rate Member
^ I promote many topics in many categories, one being exposing hype and disinformation from Jubes like yourself excrete thru your mouths.

Take off the dunce cap, pop a Prozac and think for a change.

--------------------

AGÜEYBANÁ II (Mind718)
Member # 15400

quote:
blahgadi blah blah blah

Yet, where is your source (study), a scientist, anything in support of Europeans being albinos?  - Seems to be MIA. Oh well, better luck next time. Maybe?
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com