EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Lalibela on History Channel's ancient Aliens

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lalibela on History Channel's ancient Aliens
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I'm watching the history channel right now and they're saying the structure is much too sophisticated to have been built by 13th century human beings, but that there was a need for modern instruments such as "power tools". They even cite Ethiopian local scripture associating its construction with the descent of angels, angels which of course these whack jobs interpret to mean "aliens". lol..

The Ethiopians should be flattered. [Smile]

-

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah saw that, but you know it give some people a chance to see an ancient civilization in Africa other than Kemet hopefully they would be inspired to do independent search on that civilization and others further afield in Africa.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, don't worry they claim everything built before the modern era is the result of aliens..
Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No they leave out Greece and Rome Stonehenge was built by E.T though.
Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Turks. OK!!!

--------------------
state of mind

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
''So I'm watching the history channel right now and they're saying the structure is much too sophisticated to have been built by 13th century human beings, but that there was a need for modern instruments such as "power tools".

So, if these PhDs say there was a need for power tools and they can see it no other way, then doesn't modern science have an obligation to trump these PhDs... to put these guys ''in their place'' and explain right up front *they know* how it was done? With that I'm assuming the establishment has all the answers. Well of course they do but they ain't talking either; it's a trade secret I'm guessing. So the alternative folks are laughing at the establishment trying to ignore power tools because evolution is supposed to be linear and it can't possibly be of the horizontal version, that is, no one could possibly have been that smart way back then because the linear version was intact and working its magic at a steady pace. Well it was wasn't it?

Okay, so where are the tools now. Maybe in a Walmart buried under the sand someplace? But I'm guessing the ancients used the Sears Craftsman vesion of tools. They supposedly hold up much better than the rest. They wouldn't want to leave the good stuff in the hands of unknowings.

''They even cite Ethiopian local scripture associating its construction with the descent of angels, angels which of course these whack jobs interpret to mean "aliens". lol..''

Tnen it should be very easy to call the Ethiopians and for that matter the rest of the ancient gang in Egypt as liars, i.e., they saw no angels... especially the kind with the ''wings on their backs.''

If one is a Christian or Muslim or anyone else who subscribe to the laid down doctrine then yes I would take offense at the ''alien'' concept too because this would mean I would have to accept there is no such such thing as a God in the recognized explanation.

Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I recall that Clyde said the aliens were black, so it's not a problem
Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
But Grumman the belief in angels is almost like the belief in aliens the difference is aliens came from some other star system and God reside in another dimension called heaven. The fact that they view 13th century humans as primitives not being able to under take such constructions is off-course ridiculous for Humans have been doing that sorta thing going back thousands of yrs earlier
 -
Carving buildings out solid rock has been in play in the area for a long long time the Axumites simply carved down instead of carve in.

Grumman
Member # 14051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Grumman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brada-Anansi what is it you think I'm disagreeing with? And yes the 13th century is much too recent for this kind of talk.
Posts: 2118 | From: midwest, USA | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are you talking about?? The Ethiopians of Lalibella(After the Axumite dynasty) carved into the rock as well as designed the Facades down. They even applied Axumite Architectural forms and other forms like the Arch simply for decoration.

As Much as I like Abu Simbel it pales in comparison to the complexity and architectural perfection of Lalibella.

BTW Rock Hewn Temples were first used by A group Nubians...

quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
Axumites simply carved down instead of carve in.

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
So I'm watching the history channel right now and they're saying the structure is much too sophisticated to have been built by 13th century human beings
I wonder if ''much too sophisticated to have been built by 13th century Africans'' is what they really mean.

quote:
Jari, can you elaborate more on this?
Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness:

I never said all aliens were black. Some researchers claim there are three groups of Aliens. Group one lives in the Center of the earth (these people can probably be Anu).

I would claim that since the last reports of the Anu place them up near the North pole, if aliens live in the center of the earth they would be Anu giventhere high technology and pattern of giving Euros technology everytime they capture one of them.

Group two is suppose to live in two large artificial satelites situated at the equator. Group two appears to be interested in fertility issues.

The third group represents aliens from different planets who travel here by space craft to earth. These people are suppose to not be able to interact with us. The space aliens are said to be humanoid and Aquatinoid (fish like).

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anguishofbeing
Member # 16736

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anguishofbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ wtf?!! tell me its all sarcasm dr. winters!
Posts: 4254 | From: dasein | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The videoes about alien abduction that record actual abductions are very interesting and may provide information on Groups 1 and 2.

Two movies which are suppose to be the memories of guys actually abducted are Fire in the Sky and Communion.

For example in Communion we notice that the person abducted is usually taken by at least three entities. We also discover that the “Aliens “ represent two groups one “Grey” and the other “Black”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nliGzeinPeA

Another film Fire in the Sky, is about a man who is abducted by Aliens from one of large satellites that alledgely circle the earth. This movie is interesting in that you discover the “Greys” with big eyes—are really short people who wear a grey suit that has big eyes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzSxzYNfkGA&feature=related

As I said they are interesting because they show tht the aliens of the average person being abducted belongs to two different groups. The small blacks and the ‘greys’. And that the “Greys” are not really grey—they appear grey because of the flight suits they wear.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:
quote:

I never said all aliens were black. Some researchers claim there are three groups of Aliens. Group one lives in the Center of the earth (these people can probably be Anu).

I would claim that since the last reports of the Anu place them up near the North pole, if aliens live in the center of the earth they would be Anu giventhere high technology and pattern of giving Euros technology everytime they capture one of them.

Group two is suppose to live in two large artificial satelites situated at the equator. Group two appears to be interested in fertility issues.

The third group represents aliens from different planets who travel here by space craft to earth. These people are suppose to not be able to interact with us. The space aliens are said to be humanoid and Aquatinoid (fish like).

So I assume that group one is black.
And group two is black but sometimes get mistaken for gray because their space suits are gray.
Are group one and two black aliens of the same group? Do the work in concert on projects? Being black and living on or in the skies above earth are they going to help us or just observe?

Are we to assume that the third group, being humanoid with fish like qualities are probably green or not black? That seesm like a stereotype. And what is their agenda?

Can we be sure that they are not also black? Look at this:
 -

______________________________________^^^^ and it's prognostic

Did whites, through the media change, little black men into "little green men from outer space" ??
I think their being green is suspect

Also, question, did center of earth dwelling Anu have anything to do with the construction of Lalibela? These structures could have been made from the bottom up instead of the top down.

Posts: 42919 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JujuMan
Member # 6729

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JujuMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the lioness i don't know who you are (duh, to myself) but you're one sick puppy whoever you are.

--------------------
state of mind

Posts: 1819 | From: odesco baba | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khufu
Member # 17461

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khufu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any sophisticated ancient structure in Africa is a result from either wandering whites or Aliens these days. LOL
Posts: 98 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Khufu:
Any sophisticated ancient structure in Africa is a result from either wandering whites or Aliens these days. LOL

look,
this term "alien" was made up by white people to ostrasize black people from other planets

-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Rock Hewn Temples or "Speos" were a type of temple developed by the A group Nubians and used in the area of Ta-Seti.

The Speo type temple is not of "Egyptian Origin" the A Group Nubians developed it..

Then the 4th Dynasty iunder a non Royal Noble name Uahka and under the 12th dynasty Pharoah Senrowsret the Egyptians used the Speo type Temple in their tombs at a place called "Qua" not only is Qua a Tomb site for the various 4th-12th dynasty Royals and Nobility it also has Temples all cut into Rock.

Later during the 18th Dynasty and 19th Dynasty the Pharoahs Hatshepsut and Ramses made Speos around the area of Kush and Ta Seti, but the oldest Rock Cut Temples are found in Ta Seti around Elephantine, Kom Ombos, Aswan, and Sayala...

We went int more detail here..Pictures and the like...

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=007406

quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:
quote:
So I'm watching the history channel right now and they're saying the structure is much too sophisticated to have been built by 13th century human beings
I wonder if ''much too sophisticated to have been built by 13th century Africans'' is what they really mean.

quote:

Perahu
On Vacation
Member # 18548

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Perahu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ethiopian civilization = Cheap rip-off of Yemenite culture.

Without Caucasoid Yemenite influence Ethiopia's history would have been crap just like the rest of Sub-Saharan Africa.

Posts: 695 | From: وكان المصريون القدماء القوقازين | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Im not gonna lie that was pretty funny lioness
quote:

Can we be sure that they are not also black? Look at this:
 -

______________________________________^^^^ and it's prognostic

Did whites, through the media change, little black men into "little green men from outer space" ??
I think their being green is suspect

Also, question, did center of earth dwelling Anu have anything to do with the construction of Lalibela? These structures could have been made from the bottom up instead of the top down.

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Perahu:

Without Caucasoid Yemenite influence Ethiopia's history would have been crap just like the rest of Sub-Saharan Africa.

The Yemenite civilization has nothing to do with caucasoid.

The earliest civilization in Southwest Arabia date back to the 2nd Millenium. This culture is called the Tihama culture which originated in Africa (Fattovich, 2008).

This view is supported by the archaeological evidence that support a close relationship between the Puntites/ Ethiopians and Nubians. For example, according to Fattovich, the pottery from Tihama Cultural Complex and other Ethiopian sites shows similarities to the Kerma and C-Group pottery. Given this connection between Ethiopian civilizations and civilizations in Nubia, make it clear that the Ethiopians would have been familiar with the ancient writing system used in this area.

See: Rudolfo Fattovich, The development of urbanism in the Northern Horn of Africa in ancient and Medieval Times. Retrieved 2/19/2008
http://www.arkeologi.uu.se/afr/projects/BOOK/fattowich.pdf

At Tihama and other sites in Arabia we find pottery related to the C-Group people of Nubia (Keall, 2000;2008; Fattovish, 2008; Giumlia-Mair, 2002)The archaeological evidence indicates that C-Group people expanded from Nubia to Mesopotamia and the Indus Valley.

This civilization probably originated in Nubia. It is characterized by the cheesecake or pillbox burial monuments which extend from Dhofar in Nubia, the Gara mountains to Adulis on the Gulf of Zula, to Hadramaut, Qataban, Ausan, Adenm, Asir, the Main area and Tihama.

The historical evidence support an old presence of Ethio-Semitic in Africa. For example, the Axumite Empire was founded by the Habashan. the habashan are mentioned in a 3rd or 4th century Himyarite inscription from South Arabia, which refers to an alliance between Gadarat King of the Habashan or Habashat.

Some of the people of Punt were probably Tigrinya speakers, who call their language habesha, i.e., Abyssinian par excellence. The term Habesh, seems to represent an old name for Abyssinia and may be connected with the Amharic word washa 'cave or cavern', and may refer to the" cave dwellers" who once served as the principal traders along the Ethiopian coast. The ability of the Ethiopians as sailors, is supported by the title bahr nagash, "ruler of the maritime province" or Eritrea.

In addition, some of the earliest Sabean/Thamudic inscriptions have been found in Ethiopia, and not South Arabia. For example, Dr. Doresse has found Sabean cursive writing on a sceptre that indicates that the Habashat/Axumite empire had writing.

These Habashan are mentioned in Egyptian inscriptions of the 18th Dynasty (1709-1320) in connection to the land of Punt. Given the Egyptian association of the Habashan with Punt, I call the speakers of the Ethio-Semitic languages: Puntites. We have Egyptian evidence of trade missions to Punt as early as PepiII in 2400 BC and Mentuholep IV and IV. The vizier Amenemhat, of Mentuholep IV is said to have established a port near Safaga. the most famous mission to Punt was sent by Queen Hatshepsut, and is recorded at deir el Bahri. Since the Habashan are mentioned in Egyptian documents they were in existence long before the Arabic speakers.

The evidence of shared archaism for Akkadian and Ethio-Semitic indicate that the speakers of these languages probably shared many linguistic features when they separated. It also suggest that thespeakers of these languages probably separated in Africa, since the Ethio-Semitic speakers have long been established in their present home, as supported by the Egyptian inscriptions. The Ethio-Semitic speakers have maintained these features due to the relative stability of these languages. You can find out more about the stability of African languages in my article "Linguistic Continuity and African and Dravidian languages", International Journal of Dravidian Linguistics, 23 (2), (1996) 34-52. We must conclude that the Semitic languages originated in Africa.

References:
Keall, E. J. (2000) >Changing Settlement along the Red Sea Coast of Yemen in the Bronze Age=, First International Congress on the Archaeology of the Ancient Near East (Rome May 18-23, 1998), Proceedings, (Matthiae, P., Enea, A., Peyronel, L. and Pinnock, F., eds), 719-31, Rome.

Giumlia-Mair, A., Keall, E. J., Shugar, A. and Stock, S. (2002) >Investigation of a Copper-based Hoard from the Megalithic Site of al-Midamman, Yemen: an Interdisciplinary Approach=, Journal of Archaeological Science 29, 195-209.

Keall, Dr. Edward J.Contact across the Red Sea (between Arabia and Africa) in the 2nd millennium BC: circumstantial evidence from the archaeological site of al-Midamman, Tihama coast of Yemen, and Dahlak Kabir Island, Eritrea .

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
The historical evidence support an old presence of Ethio-Semitic in Africa. For example, the Axumite Empire was founded by the Habashan. the habashan are mentioned in a 3rd or 4th century Himyarite inscription from South Arabia, which refers to an alliance between Gadarat King of the Habashan or Habashat.

Some of the people of Punt were probably Tigrinya speakers, who call their language habesha, i.e., Abyssinian par excellence. The term Habesh, seems to represent an old name for Abyssinia and may be connected with the Amharic word washa 'cave or cavern', and may refer to the" cave dwellers" who once served as the principal traders along the Ethiopian coast. The ability of the Ethiopians as sailors, is supported by the title bahr nagash, "ruler of the maritime province" or Eritrea.

In addition, some of the earliest Sabean/Thamudic inscriptions have been found in Ethiopia, and not South Arabia. For example, Dr. Doresse has found Sabean cursive writing on a sceptre that indicates that the Habashat/Axumite empire had writing.

These Habashan are mentioned in Egyptian inscriptions of the 18th Dynasty (1709-1320) in connection to the land of Punt. Given the Egyptian association of the Habashan with Punt, I call the speakers of the Ethio-Semitic languages: Puntites. We have Egyptian evidence of trade missions to Punt as early as PepiII in 2400 BC and Mentuholep IV and IV. The vizier Amenemhat, of Mentuholep IV is said to have established a port near Safaga. the most famous mission to Punt was sent by Queen Hatshepsut, and is recorded at deir el Bahri. Since the Habashan are mentioned in Egyptian documents they were in existence long before the Arabic speakers.

Given the evidence, I am making only one claim: archaeological evidence indicate that the Oldest Sabaean inscriptions are found in Ethiopia, along with monumental architecture. This means only one thing: Sabaean writing was invented by the Ethiopians who took the writing to Yemen, no matter what some experts claim.

The archaeology does not indicate a higher civilization in Yemen than in Ethiopia. All the archaeological data indicate that Ethiopian civilizations were homegrown and taken to Yemen by the ancient Ethiopians who probably founded Saba or Sheba.

Civilization originated in Africa, not Yemen.The parameter(s) I use ito identify a cultural tradition first occurs,temporally , it is that place where the cultural complex originated. In relation to Ethiopia we find three things: 1) a long tradition of statehood (Egyptian and Ethiopian records), 2) early engagement in trade (Sumerian and Egyptian text discussing the Puntite and Meluhha civilizations), and 3) oldest evidence of writing existing in Ethiopia (Drewes 1962), not Yemen. Put these elements together we have to acknowledge that the Sabaeans and their writing probably originated in Ethiopia not Yemen.

The history of writing in Ethiopia highlight the rise of civilization in Ethiopia.The earliest Sabaean inscriptions have been found in Ethiopia at Matara
 -

-

The earliest Sabaen inscription found at Ma'rib is hundreds of years later:
 -

Let's not forget that Ethiopia has a long history of civilizations and Empires beginning with Punt they also had a highly devloped system of government led by kings and queens like the rest of Africa, as indicated by the statues from Haulti/Hawlti
 -

-

Daniels has a fine book and Fattowich provides great evidence on the rise of civilization in Ethiopia, but if we are to use these two sources to gage the origin of literacy on the Horn, it would appear that Sabaean originated in Ethiopia and not Yemen. The Yemeni cultures are dated much later than those in Ethiopia, and support Ethiopia traditions that civilization was taken from Ethiopia to Yemen and not the other way around.

--------------------
C. A. Winters

kenndo
Member # 4846

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenndo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

These comments you made is one big lie,and you know it.
Posts: 2688 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SAUCE CODE:
Turks. OK!!!

lol, you got jokes.
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah .....

Still saying nothing.

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Perahu
On Vacation
Member # 18548

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Perahu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Almost anything the Abyssinians/Ethiopians did was blatantly copied from Yemenites, their language, their script, their technology etc you name it, they copied it.

I give credit to the superior Caucasoid Yemenites for showing the African savages how to build a civilization. The Abyssinians were simply copy-cats.

Posts: 695 | From: وكان المصريون القدماء القوقازين | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Perahu
On Vacation
Member # 18548

Rate Member
Clyde Winters,

Try claiming on wikipedia that the Sabaeans/Himyarites did not come from Arabia but from Ethiopia and see how quickly your crap will be removed!!!

Your obscure theories will never be mainstream, LOL!

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
quote:
Clyde Winters,

Try claiming on wikipedia that the Sabaeans/Himyarites did not come from Arabia but from Ethiopia and see how quickly your crap will be removed!!!

Your obscure theories will never be mainstream, LOL!

If you disagree cite relevant literature falsifying my position.

Some of the earliest Sabean/Thamudic inscriptions have been found in Ethiopia, and not South Arabia. For example, Dr. Doresse has found Sabean cursive writing on a sceptre that indicates that the Habashat/Axumite empire had writing.

There is also Sabaen writing found on a statue from Haulti dating back to 400BCE.

-

Given the evidence, I am making only one claim: archaeological evidence indicate that the Oldest Sabaean inscriptions are found in Ethiopia, along with monumental architecture. This means only one thing: Sabaean writing was invented by the Ethiopians who took the writing to Yemen, no matter what some experts claim.

The archaeology does not indicate a higher civilization in Yemen than in Ethiopia. All the archaeological data indicate that Ethiopian civilizations were homegrown and taken to Yemen by the ancient Ethiopians who probably founded Saba or Sheba.

Civilization originated in Africa, not Yemen.The parameter(s) I use ito identify a cultural tradition first occurs,temporally , it is that place where the cultural complex originated. In relation to Ethiopia we find three things: 1) a long tradition of statehood (Egyptian and Ethiopian records), 2) early engagement in trade (Sumerian and Egyptian text discussing the Puntite and Meluhha civilizations), and 3) oldest evidence of writing existing in Ethiopia (Drewes 1962), not Yemen. Put these elements together we have to acknowledge that the Sabaeans and their writing probably originated in Ethiopia not Yemen.

The history of writing in Ethiopia highlight the rise of civilization in Ethiopia.The earliest Sabaean inscriptions have been found in Ethiopia at Matara
 -

-

The earliest Sabaen inscription found at Ma'rib is hundreds of years later:
 -

Let's not forget that Ethiopia has a long history of civilizations and Empires beginning with Punt they also had a highly devloped system of government led by kings and queens like the rest of Africa, as indicated by the statues from Haulti/Hawlti
 -

-

Daniels has a fine book and Fattowich provides great evidence on the rise of civilization in Ethiopia, but if we are to use these two sources to gage the origin of literacy on the Horn, it would appear that Sabaean originated in Ethiopia and not Yemen. The Yemeni cultures are dated much later than those in Ethiopia, and support Ethiopia traditions that civilization was taken from Ethiopia to Yemen and not the other way around.

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by -Just Call Me Jari-:
Rock Hewn Temples or "Speos" were a type of temple developed by the A group Nubians and used in the area of Ta-Seti.

The Speo type temple is not of "Egyptian Origin" the A Group Nubians developed it..

Then the 4th Dynasty iunder a non Royal Noble name Uahka and under the 12th dynasty Pharoah Senrowsret the Egyptians used the Speo type Temple in their tombs at a place called "Qua" not only is Qua a Tomb site for the various 4th-12th dynasty Royals and Nobility it also has Temples all cut into Rock.

Later during the 18th Dynasty and 19th Dynasty the Pharoahs Hatshepsut and Ramses made Speos around the area of Kush and Ta Seti, but the oldest Rock Cut Temples are found in Ta Seti around Elephantine, Kom Ombos, Aswan, and Sayala...

We went int more detail here..Pictures and the like...

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=007406

quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:
quote:

quote:

Thanx, will look into it. [Cool]
Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com