EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » HISTORY MADE AS BRITAIN COMPENSATES MAU MAU

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HISTORY MADE AS BRITAIN COMPENSATES MAU MAU
kikuyu22
Member # 19561

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kikuyu22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone who knows anything will find this interesting for at least 2 reasons. The possibility of more lawsuits overt the colonial and decolonisation process and the peculiar Brit moral certainty.
quote:

Their comments reveal that sadly many are still stuck in the matrix of false hilariously self serving historical narratives:
-colonialism was about ending the slave trade
-Britain simply wanted to bring about Christianity
-the West led by Britain wanted to bring a Protestant work ethic and end the brutishness of the typical native lifestyle of indolence and debauchery
Despite the fact that HMG didn't dispute one of the 5 plaintiffs had been castrated and the lone woman among them sexually assaulted with a bottle these sentiments are typical of the British mindframe:
http://karanjazplace.blogspot.com/2013/06/britain-learns-what-colonialism-was-all.html
The survivors of Brit bastardy in the 1960s in Aden,Malaysia,Oman and even earlier all over the world may now be emboldened to seek justice.

Posts: 433 | From: nairobi | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jantavanta
Member # 20328

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jantavanta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read in Barak Obama's Dreams From My Father that his paternal grandfather was a victim of anti Mau Mau persecution and was wrongfully detained in prison, despite having fought for the British in World War I or II
Posts: 384 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sundjata
Member # 13096

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sundjata     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! This IS pretty big news. I remember passionately debating 1 or 2 conservative assholes in one of my undergraduate courses subsequent to reading Caroline Elkin's "Imperial Reckoning", which thoroughly documents the brutality of the British regime in colonial Kenya. One particular fool had the nerve to direct all of the attention and blame on the violence of the so-called Mau Mau "rebels" (many would argue that they were actually freedom fighters, which shows you the power of semantics).

All that I have to say to this is....vindication! I wish this would have happened two years ago, lol. Even the British now are ackowledging their own colonial savagery.

Posts: 4021 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im very suspicious of that public relation move by the British imperialist and colonialist.The British elite rule the Western world that include the EU, white North America, Australia, Carribean British island.They also rule South Africa by proxy.

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com