EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Somalis and Ethiopians are mixed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Somalis and Ethiopians are mixed
R.Havoc
Banned
Member # 18722

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for R.Havoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somalis and Ethiopians are mixed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JMWb0OIEqQ

Posts: 496 | From: Greenland | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remarkable this latest study shows that the genetic drift in human genome diversity came from Africa. And was carried out by small pockets of outmigration Africans, who populated the world. Especially east Africa.

"Why are other populations of humans so much less genetically varied than Africans? The answer, Henn explains, lies in our ancestors’ history; the groups of people that migrated out of Africa and spread throughout other continents were smaller subsets of that original, genetically diverse population. "

"AND WITHIN EACH OF THESE GROUPS THERE IS AN AMAZING AMOUNT OF DIVERSITY,[...] THE DIVERSITY IS INDIGNIOUS TO AFRICAN POPULATIONS":

http://youtu.be/Pjf0qKdzmrc

-

quote:
Colored dots indicate genetic diversity. Each new group outside of Africa represents a sampling of the genetic diversity present in its founder population. The ancestral population in Africa was sufficiently large to build up and retain substantial genetic diversity.
--Brenna M. Henna,
L. L. Cavalli-Sforzaa,1, and
Marcus W. Feldmanb,2
Edited by C. Owen Lovejoy, Kent State University, Kent, OH, and approved September 25, 2012 (received for review July 19, 2012)

quote:

According to the current data East Africa is home to nearly 2/3 of the world genetic diversity independent of sampling effect. Similar figure have been suggested for sub-Saharan Africa populations [1]. The antiquity of the east African gene pool could be viewed not only from the perspective of the amount of genetic diversity endowed within it but also by signals of uni-modal distribution in their mitochondrial DNA (Hassan et al., unpublished) usually taken as an indication of populations that have passed through ‘‘recent’’ demographic expansion [33], although in this case, may in fact be considered a sign of extended shared history of in situ evolution where alleles are exchanged between neighboring demes [34].

-

• Figure S1 Neighbor joining (NJ). NJ tree of the world populations based on MT-CO2 sequences. The evolutionary relationship of 171 sequences and evolutionary history was inferred using the Neighbor-Joining method. The optimal tree with the sum of branch length = 0.20401570 is shown. The evolutionary distances were computed using the Maximum Composite Likelihood method and are in the units of the number of base substitutions per site. Codon positions included were 1st+2nd+3rd+Noncoding. All positions containing gaps and missing data were eliminated from the dataset. There were a total of 543 positions in the final dataset. Phylogenetic analyses were conducted in MEGA4. Red dots: east Africa, Blue: Africa, Green: Asia, Yellow: Australia, Pink: Europe and gray: America. (TIF)

-

• Figure S2 Multidimensional Scaling Plot (MDS). The 2nd and 3rd coordinates of an MDS plot of 848 nuclear microsatellite loci from 469 individuals of 24 world populations. MDS uses pairwise IBS data based on the 848 loci generated by PLINK software and plotted using R version 2.15.0. The figure, besides a separate clustering of east Africans, indicates the substantial contribution of Africans and east Africans to the founding of populations of Europe and Asia.
    (TIF)

-

• Figure S3 Multidimensional Scaling Plot (MDS). The 3rd and 4th coordinates of an MDS plot of 848 Microsatellite loci, across the human genome in 469 individuals from 24 populations from Africa, Asia and Europe. MDS uses pairwise IBS data based on the 848 loci generated by PLINK software and plotted using R version 2.15.0. The central position of east Africans and some other Africans emphasizes the founding role of east African gene pool and the disparate alignment on coordinates along which the world populations were founded including populations of Aftica aligning along the 4th dimension.
    (TIF)

Figure 4. Multidimensional Scaling Plot (MDS). A. First and second coordinates of an MDS plot of 848 Microsatellite Marshfield data set across the human genome for 24 populations from Africa, Asia and Europe. MDS plot was constructed from pairwise differences FST generated by Arlequin program (Table S3). B. First and second coordinates of an MDS plot of 848 Microsatellite loci, across the human genome in 469 individuals from 24 populations from Africa, Asia and Europe. MDS uses pairwise IBS data based on the 848 loci generated by PLINK software and plotted using R version 2.15.0. East Africans cluster to the left of the plot, while Beja (red cluster in the middle), assumes intermediate position. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0097674.g004

• Figure S4 Multidimensional Scaling Plot (MDS). First and second coordinates of an MDS plot based on MT-CO2 data set constructed from pairwise differences FST generated by Arlequin v3.11. Population code as follows: Nara: Nar, Kunama (Kun), Hidarb (Hid), Afar (Afa), Saho (Sah), Bilen (Bil), Tigre (Tgr), Tigrigna (Tig), Rashaida (Rsh), Nilotics (Nil), Beja (Bej), Ethiopians(Eth), Egyptians (Egy), Moroccans (Mor), Southern Africans (Sth), Pygmy (Pyg), Saudi Arabia (Sdi), Asia (Asi), Europe (Eur), Native Americans (NA), Australians (Ast), Nubians (Nub), Nuba (Nba)
    (TIF)

--Jibril Hirbo, Sara Tishkoff et al.

The Episode of Genetic Drift Defining the Migration of Humans out of Africa Is Derived from a Large East African Population Size

PLoS One. 2014; 9(5): e97674.
Published online 2014 May 20. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0097674

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4028218/pdf/pone.0097674.pdf

Posts: 22243 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My comment on the vid

You can maybe speak for every Somali but you damn sure cant speak for every Ethiopian tribe. Europe, Asia and Africa are all one continent. The process that vets and determines the ethnic origin for these genes have to deal with bigotries that occasionally trump science and economic. I have seen people who would pass as white take DNA test that take them to Somalia. http://curlycarly.com/2012/07/23/my-shocking-dna-test-results/

So you have to wonder is it the Somali, Tigray (love the women), Habesha, Amhara that are mixed with other or other that is mixed with they. The answer is both but the ratio is dependent on bias vetting system with a perspective held by light skin people with a history of racial bullshit.

Interesting vid. I think the conclusion is right until you factor how a white chick from Texas can pull Somalia on a DNA test. That right there tells me there is a pro white purity bias when it comes to the ethnic classifications of certain genes.

Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ I've seen it.

quote:
I think the conclusion is right until you factor how a white chick from Texas can pull Somalia on a DNA test
Was that a joke, or real?

quote:
When I said “regular,” I meant the typical European mix of most Caucasian people in Texas. I’m pretty sure he thought I was an idiot. If he had given me the necessary time to research, obviously I would have said “Somalian.”
Is that her.

https://curlycarlydotcom.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/dscn1579-2.jpg

https://curlycarlydotcom.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/10-29-2011-124304pm6.jpg

Posts: 22243 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Fourty2Tribes:
My comment on the vid

You can maybe speak for every Somali but you damn sure cant speak for every Ethiopian tribe. Europe, Asia and Africa are all one continent. The process that vets and determines the ethnic origin for these genes have to deal with bigotries that occasionally trump science and economic. I have seen people who would pass as white take DNA test that take them to Somalia. http://curlycarly.com/2012/07/23/my-shocking-dna-test-results/

I find this particular interesting.

quote:

"These indicate that the root of L3 gives rise to a multifurcation from a single haplotype producing a number of distinct subclasses.... The simplest explanation for this geographical distribution [haplogroups M and N], however, is an expansion of the root type within East Africa, where several independent L3 branches thrive, including a sister group to L3, christened L4 (Kivisild et al. 2004; Chap. 7), followed by divergence into haplogroups M and N somewhere between the Horn of Africa and the Indian subcontinent. Since neither the L3 root type nor any other descendants survive outside Africa, the root type itself must have become extinct during a period of genetic drift in the founder population as it diversified into haplogroups M and N, if the diversification was outside Africa. If on the other hand the diversification was indeed within East Africa, then Haplogroups M and N must have either been carried out of Africa in their entirety or subsequently have become extinct within Africa, with the singular exception of the derived M1."

-- Hans-Jürgen Bandelt et. 2006. EDS. Human Mitochondrial DNA and
the Evolution of Homo sapiens.

quote:
"Studies of human mtDNA genomes demonstrate that the root of the human phylogenetic tree occurs in Africa. Although two mtDNA lineages with an African origin (haplogroups M and N) were the progenitors of all non-African haplogroups, macrohaplogroup L (including haplogroups L0-L6) is limited to sub-Saharan Africa.

Several L haplogroup lineages occur most frequently in eastern Africa (e.g., L0a, L0f, L5, L3g), but some are specific to certain ethnic groups, such as haplogroup lineages L0d and L0k that previously have been found nearly exclusively among southern African “click” speakers. Few studies have included multiple mtDNA genome samples belonging to haplogroups that occur in eastern and southern Africa but are rare or absent elsewhere. This lack of sampling in eastern Africa makes it difficult to infer relationships among mtDNA haplogroups or to examine events that occurred early in human history."

-

--Tishkoff, MK Gonder (2007) Whole-mtDNA Genome Sequence Analysis of Ancient African Lineages
sudanese
Member # 15779

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sudanese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somalis have very little Eurasian DNA (11%) -- with most of that being very recent, so I don't know where the ignorant little dolt gets his laughable trash from. Question to forum members in the know... is M1 African?
Posts: 1568 | From: Pluto | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by sudaniya:
Somalis have very little Eurasian DNA (11%) -- with most of that being very recent, so I don't know where the ignorant little dolt gets his laughable trash from. Question to forum members in the know... is M1 African?

quote:
"No southwest Asian specific clades for M1 or U6 were discovered. U6 and M1 frequencies in North Africa, the Middle East and Europe DO NOT FOLLOW similar patterns, and their sub-clade divisions do not appear to be compatible with their shared history reaching back to the Early Upper Paleolithic."
--Erwan Pennarun, Toomas Kivisild

(2012) Divorcing the Late Upper Palaeolithic demographic histories of mtDNA haplogroups M1 and U6 in Africa

quote:
Although Haplogroup M differentiated
soon after the out of Africa exit and it is
widely distributed in Asia
(east Asia and
India) and Oceania, there is an
interesting exception for one of its more
than 40 sub-clades: M1 ... Indeed this
lineage is mainly limited to the African
continent with peaks in the Horn of
Africa."

--Paola Spinozzi, Alessandro Zironi

(2010). Origins as a Paradigm in the
Sciences and in the Humanities.
Vandenhoeck & Ruprecht. pp. 48-50

quote:
“... the M1 presence in the Arabian
peninsula signals a predominant East
African influence since the Neolithic
onwards.“

-- Petraglia, M and Rose, J

(2010). The Evolution of Human
Populations in Arabia:

quote:
"The presence of M haplogroup in Ethiopia, named M1, led to the proposal that haplogroup M originated in eastern Africa, approximately 60,000 years ago, and was carried towards Asia [34].

Macrohaplogroup M is ubiquitous in India and covers more than 70 per cent of the Indian mtDNA lineages [28], [36]–[38]. Recent studies on complete mtDNA sequences (~187) tried to resolve the phylogeny of Indian macrohaplogroup M. As a result, M2, M3, M4, M5, M6 [28], [36], [39]–[40], M18, M25 [38], M30, [41], M31 [42], [24] M33, M34, M35, M36, M37, M38, M39, M40 [22], M41, M42 [43], M43 [23], [44], M45 [45], M48, M49, and M50 [46] haplogroups of M that was identified in India helped to a certain extent in understanding M genealogy in diversified Indian populations. In the above background, extensive sequencing of complete mtDNA of South Asia, particularly India, is essential for better understanding of the peopling of the non-African continents, and pathogenesis of diseases in various ethnic groups with different matrilineal backgrounds."

--Adimoolam Chandrasekar et al. 2009
sudanese
Member # 15779

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sudanese     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much, Ish Gebor. I appreciate it.
Posts: 1568 | From: Pluto | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:

Tishkoff, MK Gonder (2007) spoke of this too in "Whole-mtDNA Genome Sequence Analysis of Ancient African Lineages".

The core remains, why, what and when do they call something eurasian dna.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ish Gebor:
quote:

Tishkoff, MK Gonder (2007) spoke of this too in "Whole-mtDNA Genome Sequence Analysis of Ancient African Lineages".

The more essential question is why are there different haplogroups?
Posts: 42939 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:
Originally posted by Ish Gebor:
quote:

The more essential question is why are there different haplogroups?
They explain this by mutations.

But as people have said many times here. Populations that moved from one place to another aren't necessarily different populations, the only thing that happened, is that a mutation occurred. Mutations are effected by diet, climate and diseases as the main factors. They then box-it and say it belongs in such and such box (Hg). However we've seen alleles in African populations found outside, yet for convinience it became part of the "outside of box", in the new box. Because in that new box it occurs more often (population size wise), as a drift.

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stupid question. One might as well ask whether the Chinese or Indians are mixed. And Russians and Swedes too.

Are Eskimos also mixed?

Stupidity pops up all the time. Alas!

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

And even in spite of genetic research displaying the obvious, Greeks and Italians, are still "white" despite their Asian and African mixture. Meanwhile blacks are expected to rip their hair out over the issue of mixture. [Roll Eyes]

When these clowns can name a pure white civilization that was made independent of people of color like the Moors or didn't involve "mixed" civilizations like the Greeks or Romans for philosophical and cognitive foundation, I'll be waiting.

Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by lamin:
Stupid question. One might as well ask whether the Chinese or Indians are mixed. And Russians and Swedes too.

Are Eskimos also mixed?

Stupidity pops up all the time. Alas!

There are indeed no pure people. But to Eurocentrics this about ancient Egypt. Everything goes back to that obsession.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com