EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » A 2,000 year old lost city found off the coast of Eastern Africa

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A 2,000 year old lost city found off the coast of Eastern Africa
Mindovermatter
Member # 22317

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mindovermatter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.ewao.com/a/a-2000-year-old-lost-city-found-off-the-coast-of-africa/

Very interesting find, just more evidence that the history of many ancient African civilizations are not known about and/or are just waiting to be discovered, and still buried/hidden from the rest of the world, to still be seen.

quote:

A 2,000-year-old ‘lost’ city found off the Coast of Africa

Thanks to extremely low tides, a diver spotted a 4-kilometer wall which belonged to the 2,000-year-old ‘lost’ city.

According to archaeologists, the discovery of the 2,000-year-old lost city could completely alter our understanding of history.

After an unusually low tide revealed what appeared to be the remnants of a 4-kilometer-long wall, a diver discovered what could be one of the most important archaeological underwater discoveries in the last century. According to researchers, Allen Sutten a local scuba diver could have found the remains of Rhapta, an ancient city dating back some 2,000 years.

Rhapta was a prominent marketplace said to have existed somewhere on the southeastern coast of the African Continent. It rose to prominence during the 1st century CE.

Before the low tides revealed the giant wall off the coast of Africa, there were a couple of theories where the city was located. However never before has conclusive evidence been found proving that the ‘lost’ city had actually existed

Based on the ancient Periplus of the Erythraean Sea, Rhapta was ‘the last marketplace of Azania’ located two days’ travel south from the Menouthias islands. However, Claudius Ptolemy, a prosperous merchant said Rhapta was located ‘where the river of the same name enters the Indian Ocean opposite the Island of Menouthias.’

The lost city of ‘Rhapta’ was documented in Ptolemy’s Geography as Africa’s first metropolis./b] According to Ptolemy, [b]it was one of the wealthiest cities of its time and was considered among merchants as a trading hub for metal weapons and tortoise shell.

Since the city ‘disappeared’ some 2,000 years ago, little evidence had been found to support its existence.

According to George Wynn Brereton Huntingford a linguist, anthropologist and historian, Rhapta could have been located: at the mouth of the Mkulumuzi and Sigi Rivers, at the mouth of the Ruvu river, tree miles north of Dar es Salaam, Somewhere in the Rufiji River delta, opposite Mafia Island. However since there was no conclusive evidence the theories could not be proven.

Before discovering the ruins of ‘Rhapta,’ the remains were spotted from a helicopter. Sutten decided to work out what he had seen from the air and decided to go for a dive. It took Allan nearly three years to pinpoint the exact location of the lost city that according to many, could change African history forever.

Interestingly, the ruins are only visible when the spring tides in the region are extremely low.

According to Prof. Felix Chami –an archaeologist from Tanzania–the discover could completely alter our understanding of history. Prof. Chami found a number of artifacts on the island of Mafia and Juani revealing that Eastern Africa was an integral part of the Indian Ocean trade.

Researchers hope that future diving expeditions will reveal the numerous treasures the ancient city took when it disappeared two millennia ago.

The discovery proves that there are countless cities around the globe which disappeared thousands of years ago due to various catastrophic phenomena like floods.

Check out the video for more information about the discovery:

Ancient African city discovered off Tanzanian coast...

Pretty nice find! Although disappointed as to to the fact that there was no real explanation as to why/how the city vanished underwater and due to flooding, and exactly how/why the climate changed 2,000 years ago.

It seems that as I mentioned, in my little ice age thread, climate change and weather WAS A HUGE FACTOR in whether civilizations and Ancient cities and towns would be abandoned/move/or just plainly disappear!

I'm also disappointed that again, it's the European albino's really who are leading these underwater expeditions and explorations off the coasts of Africa, AND NOT BLACK AFRICANS THEMSELVES, AND BLACK AFRICANS EXPLORING AND UNCOVERING THEIR OWN HISTORY!

But interestingly this reminds me of this thread from a while back:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=006775;p=1

quote:
Originally posted by -Just Call Me Jari-:
I recently ran across this Ebook..

Slave To King: The African Rulers of Medieval Yemen

http://www.amazon.com/Slave-To-King-Medieval-ebook/dp/B007T9SGR4/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1335663074&sr=1-2

quote:
Product Description
In the 9th and 10th centuries enslaved East Africans were brought to the Ziyadid kingdom of Yemen. By the later 10th century they had become the Prime Ministers of the kingdom. One of the last such Prime Ministers formed a dynasty that was to last for almost a hundred and fifty years, repeatedly bouncing back from the political intrigue of their Arab neighbours. Zabid was the capital from which they ruled and is today a UNESCO World Heritage site. They were renowned builders and protectors of the architectural heritage of Yemen.

Slave To King: The African Rulers of Medieval Yemen is a book that tells a little known part of the history of Africans in Asia and of slavery as a whole. While telling this story it also bravely asserts that enslaved foreigners have earned the moral right to rule any land which they have helped to build. It also looks at the various attitudes that Arabs had towards Africans and how the latter managed to literally rise above them. A must read for those interested in an African history that stands tall and bows to none.

I think TypeZeis is onto something, I think there might be a forgotten African Empire that Europeans destroyed and are keeping out of history. I think that this "Empire" did something humilating in some way to Euros, it might have been mass enslavement like in North Africa, I don't know but something.

Ive always felt that the stuff Euros did to our ancestors was symbolic in a way, Lynchings(of all forms of corporal punishment why "Hang" someone from a tree??, Plantation Slavery, etc. How they singled us out as being the least productive of humanity..etc.

So now like in India and Oman there were Africans Ruling in Yemen and if we add during the middle Ages that Africans dominated in Somalia, Ethiopia, Zanzibar, that means Africans were at one point dominating majority of the Indian Sea Trade... [Eek!] then you add that in the Western Sudan where Ghana dominated North Africa and the Megreb in terms of wealth and political relationship..then the Sengelese based Almoravids ruled Western Sudan, the Megreb and Moorish Spain.

The question seems to be, what is being hidden..??

and this:

quote:
Yeah man, I hear you this is crazy. I mean Yemen, Swahili Coast and India..Dude, someone might say its a conspiracy but there is good evidence because at the very least you can say that Africans were dominating the Indian Sea Trade..WOW...Thats news man, as a history major the Indian Sea Trade was one of the most important in history. Think Marco Polo, Think the Portuguese and Spanish scrambling like mad dogs to find a faster sea route to "India" aka the Indian Sea Trade.

and yeah I don't think these people were slaves. I think these people were actually Vassal Rulers or something of the sort, placed there by this Empire that has been Erased from history. I think this empire had Colonies in Yemen, India and Oman and set up Ruling Factions, to ensure the flow of trade and good relations with the locals.

I mean I know you said you thought it was located in Ethiopia, but Im thinking Kilwa or the Swahili Coast. My evidence is this,

1)first off the Palaces there, the Palaces there are some of the Grandest in all of Africa and rival any from other places involved in the Indian Sea Routes..

check this out..

-

I mean look at how Grand and large that is, plus the other ruins etc. I mean there are many more Ruins on the Swahili Coast dude, there has to be significance to the fact that the Swahili Coast was so damn Wealthy as to be able to produce such Grand palaces outta stone and then suddenly just fall into ruins..

Also I read a book about how the Portuguese attacked Zanzibar, how they were in awe of its wealth and grandour and how they could'nt help their desire to loot it. So we have first hand accounts of Euro's describing the Swahili stronghold..

Im def. gonna look into this..

quote:
^^
But don't you think its odd that Euro's used "Moors Heads" and other symbology...Also Ill admit nothing official on this lost African Empire but at the same time we have authentic evidence that Africans ruled Yemen, Oman, and India. So that Mean Africans at one time dominated the Indian Sea Trade...You can't argue with that. That's a fact.

LOL, look at how Euros try to leave out the Swahili Coast..

-

Another..

-
Basically as far as we know Africans controlled at some point everything except China, Japan and Indochina..

But Indochina is mentioned as having blacks though probably natives.

and then this:

quote:
Originally posted by Son of Ra:
This thread is basically a continuation of one of Jari's thread. Jari please COME HERE! [Big Grin]

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=006775

We all know Africans played a part in the Indian Ocean trade. But how much? Could their role have been bigger than suspected? Could they have had more control over the Indian Ocean trade. We know the Indian Ocean connected Africa to the rest of the world. The Indian Ocean trade was so big and important that the Europeans desperately wanted in and tried to find a shortcut to India. Jari and TypeZeis speculate that their could have been this huge East African empire. I speculate that Africans could have possible had a foot in the Indian Ocean. First the advanced Swahili states, then Africans in India and then African kings in Yemen.

Not only that but according to archaeologist Felix Chami, Africans were a part of the Indian Ocean trade since Ancient times and before the arrival of Arabs and Islam.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/1924318.stm

Also Africans like the Axumites and people from the Land of Punt were already a part of the trade.

I've been speaking to some Somalis around the net. And they said Somalis basically had a bigger influence than most in and were really dominate the Indian Ocean trade. PreColonialAfricaFTW from Historum is a really cool guy from Historum and he's Somali himself. Heres what he had to say about Somalis in the Indian Ocean trade.
quote:
1.Extremely dominant, Somalis were the leaders of Africans in the commerce between Africa and Asia, they even established colonies in Aden in Yemen, Sofala in Mozambique, and settled as far away as the Maldives. They did liberate Swahili port cities that the Portuguese sacked in the 16th century and Swahili sailors freely traded in Somalia. I'd imagine they had an amicable relationship as well as a shared history.

2.Since ancient times, India was one of their biggest customers, in the medieval era, trade expanded from cinnamon to include fabrics and spices. The portuguese noted many ships from India routinely sailed to Somalia laden with cargo.

3. Hehe, could be Somalis just inflating their history(all peoples do that though) but here are a few examples: https://www.google.ca/search?um=1&rl...ia%3B200%3B151

https://www.google.ca/search?um=1&rl...a%3B200%3B151/

Ottoman, Somali, and Portuguese vessels facing off in naval battle: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...th_century.jpg

The biggest ships were probably made by the Chinese, but the Ajuuraan-Portuguese wars report that Portuguese sailors going to Mogadishu noted large battleships defending the city. Big enough to rival their own, I'd imagine.

4. It was the dominant port city on the east African coast, enclosed by defensive walls, with buildings that are four and five stories high. It was a cosmopolitan, energetic city filled with bustling trade centers, large palaces, and many mosques. Ross E.Dunn describes it and Somalia as a "medieval America". It was also a hydraulic city thanks to the Ajuuraan sultanate. Vasco De Gama, Ibn Battuta, and Zheng He(he visited it twice) all visited the city. If you were sailing across the Indian ocean with a ship full of cargo, Mogadishu was the place to be.

http://historum.com/showthread.php?p=1555415?postcount=19

What caught my attention really is that he said Somalis established colonies in Aden in Yemen, Sofala in Mozambique, and settled as far away as the Maldives. I don't know if thats true and I'll have to ask him about some good information for that. But it certainly caught my attention. Also Somalis are a seafaring people and still are. Somalis also did have(and still do) one of the largest coast in Africa.

So now...

1. We have Africans in Eastern Swahili coast Africa trading since Ancient times. With even the Romans and Greeks.

2. People of Land of Punt in the Indian trade.

3. Advanced Swahili civilization and dominate rule in the trade.

4. Somalis being dominate and some saying they had colonies in different places.

5. African elites in India. Also TypeZeis says you do not call a slave siddi(lord) which I agree.

6. African kings in Yemen.

Also another thing that caught my attention in Jari's thread is that he said this so called great African empire may have ticked Europeans off and which is why they are so angry at anyone of African descent. Correct me if I worded you wrong Jari. Also Jari you also said African sultans controlled Oman. Is that true, because that is interesting and never heard of it.

I just want to make one thing clear. This is not a pseudo historic thread. All I'm doing is just speculating, because this topic really caught my interest. The Indian Ocean trade was so big that Europeans even wanted a part in it. Could Africans have had complete control over this trade, were they a powerhouse? And was there this great and power Eastern African empire that is now gone?

and:

quote:
Originally posted by Brada-Anansi:
Imitation in Aksumite Coinage and Indian Imitations of Aksumite Coins Rebecca Day

University of Birmingham, College of Arts and Law rrd883@bham.ac.uk Introduction

The sudden appearance and disappearance of Aksumite coins in the Indian
Ocean region in the late third century remains an enigmatic clue to a dynamic
phase of international trade and diplomacy. This study will explore how the
Aksumite kingdom of Ethiopia used imitation of Byzantine coins as part of its
strategy to usurp the role of the eastern Roman Empire in long-distance trade
with the East. These coins demonstrate a flourishing and self-confident polity,
but also illustrate the importance of cultural tradition in the pursuit of maritime
trade.1 Discussing these themes further, the use and production of Indian
imitations of Aksumite coins as part of a cultural tradition of imitation, which
incorporated Byzantine, Roman and Kushan material will be explored.2 Such
an examination of genuine and original coins in the context of the mysterious
phenomenon of Aksumite trade clearly highlights the fluidity of notions of
continuity, distinction and differentiation, which gave the maritime trading
network of the Indian Ocean its unique and ambiguous historical character.

Read more: http://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/thread/1408/indian-imitations-aksumite-coins#ixzz2cCQNF8nu
You may wanna klik da link. [Wink]

and:

quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:

To answer the question, Africans must have had enough control over the Indian Ocean trade for them to export products like gold, ebony, ivory, and even exotic animals like giraffes as far as China.

ANCIENT CHINESE COIN FOUND ON KENYAN ISLAND BY FIELD MUSEUM EXPEDITION

OT - 8th century documentation of Sino-African contact

Apparently Africans back then had enough control over their own resources and the export of said resources as far as China.

A stark contrast from today where foreigners (including China) control the prices of African goods. [Mad]

Do you guys think that this lost and uncovered African city off the east African coast, played a large role, in this unknown and obscure Ancient African empire, that dominated the Indian ocean trade, that the guys above are talking about and referring to? Would this city have served as an important commercial center and city, like modern city states like Hong Kong and Singapore, for this Ancient African empire, back in the day?

Discuss!

Posts: 1558 | From: US | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh oh!!!!! There goes the FINAL repeat FINAL bust to the myth that the Swahili coast was founded by non-Africans. LOL! But whats even more interesting is that this evidence further proves that southEast Africa was very active even in antiquity and was trading with people outside of Africa. Debunking another myth that "Sub Saharan Africans" were isolated.

So glad this proves Rapta existed. And I disagree that there are hardly any "Black Africans" doing work. Felix Chami who is Swahili Tanzanian himself has down ALOT of archaeological work not only refuting the myth that the Swahili coast was founded by non-Africans, but also proving that the Swahili coast and trading there goes back to antiquity.

Anyways very good find. I do think there could have been a very huge East African empire that dominated the Indian Ocean trade.

Posts: 1900 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it is not a hoax, great find. Why isn't bigger news channels reporting. Anyways, I have speculated that the notion of land mass in the Indian Ocean sometime now. The European geologists have it wrong. The genetic geographic pattern suggest that there had to exist trade and /or movement of people across the Indian Ocean with Africa.

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mindovermatter
Member # 22317

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mindovermatter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not fake, it is actually real, Africans need to do more underwater and scuba diving archaeological missions of their coastal areas, to find more hidden Ancient cities, and also more ground penetrating radar scans of their desert/barren areas, to detect Ancient hidden sites and buried megaliths.

From the wording of this article, it seems as though this was discovered "all of a sudden" and by "accident", like no one was expecting it to be there and no one knew it was there in that particular location in the first place, not taking about the general region of Eastern Africa.

To me that speaks volumes about how the current people of Africa, know about and view their hidden mysteries and hidden history, in the form of recently discovered sites like this:

http://the-africanway.com/diver-discovered-2000-year-old-lost-city-off-coast-tanzania/

quote:

Diver discovered 2000 year old lost city off the coast of Tanzania

-

Allen Sutten, a scuba diver who has discovered what could be the ruins of an ancient “lost city”, just off the coast of Tanzania. An unusually low tide revealed a suspected wall, running for 4 kilometres underwater. Researchers say it could be the remains of Rhapta – a city dating back two thousand years.

He found the lost city after spotting the ruins (seen in the picture below) from a helicopter and decided to work out what it was. He had no idea how lucky he was, the ruins are only visible when the spring tides are unusually low.

“IT COULD CHANGE OUR UNDERSTANDING OF HISTORY” PROF. FELIX CHAMI"

-

“The lost city” of Rhapta was originally documented in Ptolemy’s Geography as Africa’s first metropolis. Documented as one of the wealthiest cities of its time, a trading hub for metal weapons and tortoiseshell. Very little has been added to the story of Rhapta since it dissapeared more than 1,500 years ago until now.

After Allan first spotted the ruins from a helicopter, it took him almost 3 years to pinpoint its exact location and on March 21 on this year he discovered something that could probably change the way we think about African history.

Since Allan Sutten discovered the lost ancient city, Felix Chami, a professor from Dar es Salaam University has been to the site and says it could change our understanding of history.

Reseachers are still investigating the site that is the size of a small city so not much more information can be found about Tanzania’s “lost city”.

This Rhapta city was obviously some sort of a very important part of a very big and influential lost and unknown Eastern African empire nearby the Indian ocean. Ptolemy a reknowned Ancient Greek philosopher, was saying that it was pretty much an important place and a commercial center and "Africa's first metropolis"; when I hear something like that, I know this is a big piece, of a bigger puzzle piece.

When an influential and studied Ancient Hellenic philosopher, like Ptolemy, is saying that this city was "Africa's first metropolis", then you know this city was part of a big empire that stretched across the Indian ocean and Eastern Africa, and this place was pretty important; or it belonged to some sort of a huge empire of some sort in that location.

Because metropolis's don't just spring out of thin air, they are the result of an amalgamation of surrounding external influences, buildup of populations and circumstances that lead to it's creation, and in this early period of time, some sort of an empire or massive trading network/port area etc etc.

Posts: 1558 | From: US | Registered: Sep 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Europeans do this all over Africa. The reason is they use propaganda to cover up the reason why they went to Africa in the first place, which is to take all the wealth and resources that they KNEW were there from the stories about Mansa Musa, the periplus of the Erythrean sea and so forth. Once they were able to break the back of the Africans in the 19th century, they proceeded to erase all the history of what they found. Axum, Monempotapa, Eredo city and all these other great cities cultures in all parts of Africa were covered up as if they never existed. In some cases the Europeans themselves were responsible for destroying the cities and civilizations and later act as if they never knew they existed... case in point all the African artifacts they have in British museums. And in place of all the facts about these ancient cultures they created the lies about savage tribes in Africa with no history, culture or civilization.

This is just the tip of the iceberg and most European museums and institutions of anthropology and history are basically designed to hide and distort history not tell the truth. The South Africans have been covering up much of the history of South East Africa for a very long time. They have excavated a LOT as a result of creating those mines and have covered most of those facts up, including evidence of trading with Asia from thousands of years ago which they tried to claim couldn't have existed.

And nobody should be surprised they have done this everywhere they have gone in the world. Look at how they tried to destroy the artifacts in South and Central America which they couldn't completely destroy because many of the monuments were so massive.

Posts: 8901 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-05-26/the-lost-city-of-rhapta-may-have-been-discovered-near-thanda-island

quote:

The Lost City of Rhapta May Have Been Discovered Near Thanda ...
www.bloomberg.com

Adding to the evidence is archaeologist Felix Chami from the University of Dar es Salaam. His work with villagers in nearby Jojo have recently confirmed sightings of “underwater houses” in the vicinity. Members of the Jojo community insist that the sunken city was the work of their Portuguese ancestors, but Chami believes there is a strong possibility that the Portuguese had built on top of someone else’s ruins.

quote:

1729 AD The Portuguese were finally driven out of Mombasa by the Oman Arabs after more than 200 years. Known by the people of the Swahili coast as “Afriti”, or devils, the only present-day remnants of the Portuguese occupation of Pemba are the old fort at Chake-Chake and the curious custom of bull-fighting which still goes on there today. On Unguja, the main island of Zanzibar, there are some signs of the Portuguese church which stood on the site of the Old Fort erected by the Oman Arabs in the 18th century. There are also a few bronze cannon captured at Hormuz in 1622. At Unguja Ukuu, the old capital of Zanzibar there are some archaeological remains of a Portuguese church.

http://www.zanzibar.cc/chronology.htm

quote:

CNN
Unearthing the origins of East Africa's lost civilization
By Pete Kowalczyk, for CNN

"I haven't yet found the actual remains of the buildings, or other goods material that would suggest the discovery of the town itself," says Chami.
"So far I've only been using trenches of two meters," he says

Posts: 43022 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kdolo
Member # 21830

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kdolo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Known by the people of the Swahili coast as “Afriti”, or devils, the only present-day remnants of the Portuguese '

Wow !

You mean Black Americans did not invent the use of the term DEVIL to describe Albinos ?

What a reputation to have.

Posts: 2818 | From: new york | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kdolo:

You mean Black Americans did invent the use of the term DEVIL to describe Albinos ?

What a reputation to have.

Tanzania has one of the highest rates of albinism in the world — nearly 1 in every 1,400 people.
The UN report submitted as part of the Human Rights Council resolution 23/13 of 13 June 2013 states that they are often regarded as "ghosts and not human beings, who can be wiped off the global map."They are often persecuted as devils or people who are a bad omen or suffer from a curse and in some communities "believed that contact with them will bring bad luck, sickness or death."

-

Posts: 43022 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kdolo
Member # 21830

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kdolo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are often persecuted as devils or people who are a bad omen or suffer from a curse and in some communities "believed that contact with them will bring bad luck, sickness or death."

Lioness. This may be very important.

It is possible that the East African experience with Europeans - the vicious Portuguese in particular - has been transfered to other 'albinos' ??

Are these albinos suffering for the sins of the Portuguese.....?

We need to find some research on how far back the anti-albino animus goes back in Tanzania...

It may a vestigal epression of hatred towards a feared group bases on actual experiences.

--------------------
Keldal

Posts: 2818 | From: new york | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mindovermatter
Member # 22317

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:
The Europeans do this all over Africa. The reason is they use propaganda to cover up the reason why they went to Africa in the first place, which is to take all the wealth and resources that they KNEW were there from the stories about Mansa Musa, the periplus of the Erythrean sea and so forth. Once they were able to break the back of the Africans in the 19th century, they proceeded to erase all the history of what they found. Axum, Monempotapa, Eredo city and all these other great cities cultures in all parts of Africa were covered up as if they never existed. In some cases the Europeans themselves were responsible for destroying the cities and civilizations and later act as if they never knew they existed... case in point all the African artifacts they have in British museums. And in place of all the facts about these ancient cultures they created the lies about savage tribes in Africa with no history, culture or civilization.

This is just the tip of the iceberg and most European museums and institutions of anthropology and history are basically designed to hide and distort history not tell the truth. The South Africans have been covering up much of the history of South East Africa for a very long time. They have excavated a LOT as a result of creating those mines and have covered most of those facts up, including evidence of trading with Asia from thousands of years ago which they tried to claim couldn't have existed.

And nobody should be surprised they have done this everywhere they have gone in the world. Look at how they tried to destroy the artifacts in South and Central America which they couldn't completely destroy because many of the monuments were so massive.

Doug I'm so glad you have posted in my thread, which you rarely do in my threads or the threads I participate in! I have favourited and downloaded many of your old ES posts refuting and debunking eurocentrism; and for bringing awareness to the cloud of ignorance, tragedy, plight, suffering, confusion, distortion, and turmoil and conflict, the whole Eurocentrism and the European and White Eurasian age of expansion and global pillaging has caused to many old civilizations and cultures worldwide.

One of the biggest tragedies that the White Europeans/Eurasians did, was how much they destroyed, distorted, and looted and pillaged, the great Meso-American civilizations, probably some of the most advanced civilizations on Earth.

I know you mentioned that they couldn't destroy many of the Meso-American structures, but they destroyed countless records, books, literature, art, and artifacts, enough to the point of wiping the full memory of those advanced societies clean!

We briefly learn about the Meso-Americans in history books, and how they got taken over and pillaged, which is one good thing about Europeans in that they admit to their wholescale looting crimes unlike Arabs/Turks, but we don't TRULY LEARN, the details, innovations, ingenious inventions, ingenuity, advancements and advanced state of their culture, why/how they arose, how they built them, why they built them in mainstreams history textbooks; and most importantly we don't learn about what EXACTLY AND HOW EXACTLY THE EUROPEAN LOOTED THE MESO-AMERICAN CIVILIZATIONS!

This is the same thing with Africa, except as you correctly state, Africa was much closer to Europe geographic wise, and had other factors that allowed White Eurasians, Europeans, Turks/Arabs to distort, erase, wipe out, pillage, loot/destroy, various African civilizations and societies, without the added luck & physical stone memories of having gigantic stone structures, with exception of places like Egypt.

They did the same thing w/ South Asia/India, and the White Europeans also try to now downplay just how rich and influential, South Asia/India was on a Ancient civilization scale; South Asia was at various points in history much more wealthier and produced much more then even Ancient China, Ancient Greece/Rome and yes Ancient Persia and Ancient Egypt, according to European historians themselves like Angus Maddison. This was also why the Indian ocean trade was so sought after and desired, by people like Columbus, because of the high amounts of wealth in regions like Southern Asia!

They also tried to do the same thing with the Indus Valley civilization, by concocting the Aryan invasion theory etc etc TO DIVIDE & CONQUER & RULE!

But India luckily had massive structures and heavily inscribed and recorded traditions and large populations, to offset and neutralize Eurocentric distortions and lies, although they weren't completely successful in this, as history later shows.

Because without the European colonization, theft, looting, pillaging and take over of South Asia/India, their take over of Ancient African/Arabian/Asian sea routes, and their take over of various parts of Africa, and the slave trade; Europe would have never have industrialized and Europe would resemble the backwards underdeveloped and brutish poor and disenfranchised Eastern European/former Soviet bloc satellite states we see today, the backwards parts of present day Russia, or the various Central Asian and West Asian stan states.

Russia, Eastern Europe and the former soviet bloc states and the present day Central Asian stan states, and the Siberia/Manchuria area, are IMO Doug, a PERFECT Kaleidoscopic view of what many present day wealthy and "first world" White European/Eurasian states and countries would resemble and look like; if White Europeans/Eurasians would not have gone on their wide scale theft/looting/pillaging/destruction spree on the planet. And historically that really was the status quo of Europe and Eurasia at many points in history save for the Silk road nations.

Of course it would be worse for them, because they wouldn't have the modern technology and the knowledge, and wealth, that they had stolen off Black/colored civilizations and societies worldwide historically!

One thing I have noticed Doug, is that the Eurocentrics are willing to admit the advanced state and influence of civilizations and societies in latitudes and environments that MATCH THE EUROPEAN/EURASIAN TOPOGRAPHY AND GEOGRAPHY, (I.E China, Japan etc etc), and regions and locations with modernly present visible populations of off-white/very light skinned non-black/colored populations (which include places like China, Korea, Japan etc).

However when it comes to advanced regions and civilizations and societies, WITH A VASTLY DIFFERENT GEOGRAPHY AND GEOLOGY AND TOPOGRAPHY TO THAT OF EUROPE/EURASIA, AND REGIONS WITH MODERN PRESENTLY VISIBLE LARGE POPULATIONS OF BLACK/COLORED PEOPLES, AND W/ THE SAME SAID REGIONS WITH THE SAME DIFFERENT GEOGRAPHICAL CHARACTERISTICS DIFFERING WITH THAT OF EUROPE/EURASIA, AND WITH A HIGH POSSIBILITY/PROBABILITY OF SAID REGIONS HAVING THE EVIDENCE AND SIGNS OF ADVANCED CIVILIZATIONS THAT PREDATED CIVILIZATIONS IN EUROPE/EURASIA AND OUT-PRODUCED AND WAS MUCH MORE WEALTHIER AND MORE ADVANCED, THEN EUROPEAN/EURASIAN CIVILIZATIONS AT VARIOUS POINTS IN HISTORY; White European academics and "scholars" start distorting, lying, hiding, covering up, denying, or playing all sorts of psychological mind games!

When it comes to advanced and/or wealthy civilizations that match the characteristics that I mentioned above; white Europeans do all sorts of things to downplay the truth about these regions/places/civilizations.

Things such as, outright ignore them in the records, briefly or scantly mention them like they existed but they were relatively unimportant, distort, misrepresent, misconstrue and warp their true value and existence and advanced state on the world stage, or they do fallacious comparisons ploys and devices with other advanced civilizations that existed, European/non-European, to downplay their role or importance at the time of the civilization's existence; or just plainly cover it up, claim they actually created or built them in the first place, or destroy all evidence or mention of it or said civilization presence, and pretend like the civilization/region never existed in the first place!

I hope you and many ES readers are wise and canny enough to have picked up on this during your years researching this worldwide global eurocentric matrix distortion and obfuscation web, but this seems to be a recurring pattern in many research articles and textbooks and publications, in the "mainstream".

A great example of this is China; sure I respect the Ancient Chinese civilization and it's accomplishments, but it was not that great and big as many people make it out to be here on Egyptsearch.

I don't believe they invented gun powder, which they actually didn't, and a ES member here has actually refuted that. They entered the iron age at a much later date then various West African/African, Southern European, West Asian/Middle Eastern and the Egyptian and Indian civilization's; there is more literacy and sophisticated stone work and monuments outside of Ancient China before them, then there is after. Literacy and writing predate the Ancient Chinese civilization OUTSIDE OF CHINA AND BEFORE THE ANCIENT CHINESE CIVILIZATIONS!

The Ancient Chinese didn't have as sophisticated engineering or canal driven ports, early tidal docks, or mind boggling Ancient structures as the Ancient Egyptian, Indian, Sumerian, Greco-Roman and Carthaginian, and various other African civilizations, that still survive to this day (the great wall and the great Chinese canal were relatively recent).

They didn't have or develop at an early point, sophisticated chain mail or armor like the African/West Asian/Greco-Roman/Persian/Southern Asian/Moorish civilizations, until AFTER THE AFOREMENTIONED CIVILIZATIONS and their fort/fortresses were incomparable to the sophistication and strength of African/Indian/Assyrian/Greco-Roman/Babylonian/Moorish/Persian/Sumerian Mesopotamian fortresses and castles.

And paper was overrated, many civilizations independently replacement items for it, or independently invented on their own, kinda like the papyrus. And the Chinese compass was abysmal and consisted of a non-working metallic spoon for christ's sake! Their gun's and cannons weren't even that effective either, and were full of mistakes/inefficiency when in operation!

However the Eurocentrics play a psychological ploy and mind game when it comes to Ancient China; you see since Ancient China was in a similar latitude and geography, to that of various early European civilization's, and because Eurocentrics know that many Chinese are light-skinned and look off-white, and that the modern Chinese are actually Eurasian mutts and transplants that have little genetic relation to the ORIGINAL XIA/SHANG DYNASTY CHINESE CIVILIZATIONS (this is actually a historical fact Doug); they mention and write about Ancient China in the mainstream, like it was the only important non-European civilization, just like they do with Ancient Persia to an extent, which sort of falls in this same latitude geographical characteristic whiteness distortion bag!

Then they use their mentioning and praise of Ancient China, to claim they are being objective/non-racist, and then they use this mentioning of Ancient China as as a tool and a card, to completely ignore and downplay and distort the equally advanced state and wealth and technology and culture, of civilizations with different latitude/geographic characteristics to Europe/Eurasia+visible colored/black populations, that matched/was on par with Ancient China during their times!

And this can't be more true, then when it comes to various Ancient African advanced civilizations, Ancient South Asia/India, the Ancient civilizations of Meso-America etc etc, and I have noticed this pattern time and time again! I mean without the colonization/pillaging+theft/take over of Ancient African civilization regions, and Ancient Asian civilization regions (especially places like India/Southern Asia), by White Europeans/Eurasians; THERE WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN AN INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION IN EUROPE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Why do they do this? Because again these regions and cultures and societies had advanced wealthy cultures and civilizations and societies THAT PREDATED EUROPE/EURASIA AND SURPASSED VARIOUS EARLY EUROPEAN/EURASIANS CIVILIZATIONS IN HISTORY! And because these civilizations were located in latitudes and geography VERY DIFFERENT FROM EUROPE/EURASIA; AND BECAUSE THEY HAVE/HAD HIGH VISIBLE COLORED POPULATIONS, EUROPEANS HAVE TO GO DO THEIR ANTICS TO LIE AND DISTORT ABOUT THEM!

And they especially do this, and you have mentioned this many many times already on this forum Doug, WITH THE ISLAMIC MOORS AND THE ISLAMIC MOORISH STATES OF SOUTHERN EUROPE AND THE HUGE INFLUENTIAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL ROLE THEY PLAYED IN THE ADVANCEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE MODERN "WESTERN WORLD" AND EUROPEAN COUNTRIES OF TODAY!

And again, IT PROBABLY HAS TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT THE MOORS WERE BLACK/COLORED PEOPLE, AND WHITE EUROPEANS ARE HESITANT TO ADMIT THE HUGE INFLUENTIAL ROLE THEY PLAYED IN THE BUILDING OF MODERN EUROPE; BECAUSE OF THEIR INGRAINED SENSE OF RACIAL SUPERIORITY AND CHAUVINISM, THAT THEY CAN'T ADMIT THAT BLACK/COLORED PEOPLES LIKE THE MOORS PLAYED SUCH A BIG IMPORTANT HISTORICAL ROLE IN EUROPE!

It's plain colorism/racism and hostility towards colored/black peoples from White Europeans/Eurasians, that seeps in through the mainstream publications and history books like in this example, that many people do not pick up on, that we see how they are so successful in brainwashing and warping the masses of the planet today via this sort of Eurocentric distortion play; that results in the ignorant and confused world we see today!

And frankly I have seen many people here on ES, in the old posts, that fall for this Eurocentric/Eurasian distortion trap and play that they do like here.

And again, I don't blame them, since White Europeans are master liars and manipulators and distorter's and hiders, that many people, even on ES, have to double-think or think very critically to see through the web of lies and deception of the Eurocentric matrix! Sometimes it's take too much time to do this or it's a great gamble, and not everyone can successfully filter out the Eurocentric sleight of hand distortion techniques they deploy!

One of the last hopes that many formerly colonized or euro affected countries/civilizations/cultures/nations/societies of the world can hope for, to escape the white albino-eurocentric matrix, is to re-discover and re-excavate lost cities under water nearby their home regions or lost underground/buried cities and structures; in order to re-discover and reclaim whatever they lost in terms of history or culture.

Because these are the only things that the colonizers in the colonial age did not get their hands on, since those lost relics/sites arrived to that state before colonialists got to them!

Brada-Anansi
Member # 16371

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brada-Anansi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice find will repost this on ESR.
Wow didn't take long for a perfectly good thread to go ugly now did it.
Want to see the goodies they uncover and the mainland trade links, a truly ground breaking find.

Posts: 6546 | From: japan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by kdolo:
[QB] They are often persecuted as devils or people who are a bad omen or suffer from a curse and in some communities "believed that contact with them will bring bad luck, sickness or death."

Lioness. This may be very important.

It is possible that the East African experience with Europeans - the vicious Portuguese in particular - has been transfered to other 'albinos' ??

That would be stupid they wouldn't do that. They have a separate word for albino.
Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
If it is not a hoax, great find. Why isn't bigger news channels reporting. Anyways, I have speculated that the notion of land mass in the Indian Ocean sometime now. The European geologists have it wrong. The genetic geographic pattern suggest that there had to exist trade and /or movement of people across the Indian Ocean with Africa.

This city may be related to Kumarinadu, a landmass that the Dravidians claim only recently sunk.

-

The interesting thing about Kumarinadu, is that some Dravidian (Tamil) claim that they entered South India via Kumarinadu. This would also explain why the artifacts related to South India megalithic cultures were related to C-Group artifacts.

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug M     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mindovermatter:
quote:
Originally posted by Doug M:

Doug I'm so glad you have posted in my thread, which you rarely do in my threads or the threads I participate in! I have favourited and downloaded many of your old ES posts refuting and debunking eurocentrism; and for bringing awareness to the cloud of ignorance, tragedy, plight, suffering, confusion, distortion, and turmoil and conflict, the whole Eurocentrism and the European and White Eurasian age of expansion and global pillaging has caused to many old civilizations and cultures worldwide.

One of the biggest tragedies that the White Europeans/Eurasians did, was how much they destroyed, distorted, and looted and pillaged, the great Meso-American civilizations, probably some of the most advanced civilizations on Earth.

I know you mentioned that they couldn't destroy many of the Meso-American structures, but they destroyed countless records, books, literature, art, and artifacts, enough to the point of wiping the full memory of those advanced societies clean!

We briefly learn about the Meso-Americans in history books, and how they got taken over and pillaged, which is one good thing about Europeans in that they admit to their wholescale looting crimes unlike Arabs/Turks, but we don't TRULY LEARN, the details, innovations, ingenious inventions, ingenuity, advancements and advanced state of their culture, why/how they arose, how they built them, why they built them in mainstreams history textbooks; and most importantly we don't learn about what EXACTLY AND HOW EXACTLY THE EUROPEAN LOOTED THE MESO-AMERICAN CIVILIZATIONS!

This is the same thing with Africa, except as you correctly state, Africa was much closer to Europe geographic wise, and had other factors that allowed White Eurasians, Europeans, Turks/Arabs to distort, erase, wipe out, pillage, loot/destroy, various African civilizations and societies, without the added luck & physical stone memories of having gigantic stone structures, with exception of places like Egypt.

They did the same thing w/ South Asia/India, and the White Europeans also try to now downplay just how rich and influential, South Asia/India was on a Ancient civilization scale; South Asia was at various points in history much more wealthier and produced much more then even Ancient China, Ancient Greece/Rome and yes Ancient Persia and Ancient Egypt, according to European historians themselves like Angus Maddison. This was also why the Indian ocean trade was so sought after and desired, by people like Columbus, because of the high amounts of wealth in regions like Southern Asia!

They also tried to do the same thing with the Indus Valley civilization, by concocting the Aryan invasion theory etc etc TO DIVIDE & CONQUER & RULE!

But India luckily had massive structures and heavily inscribed and recorded traditions and large populations, to offset and neutralize Eurocentric distortions and lies, although they weren't completely successful in this, as history later shows.

Because without the European colonization, theft, looting, pillaging and take over of South Asia/India, their take over of Ancient African/Arabian/Asian sea routes, and their take over of various parts of Africa, and the slave trade; Europe would have never have industrialized and Europe would resemble the backwards underdeveloped and brutish poor and disenfranchised Eastern European/former Soviet bloc satellite states we see today, the backwards parts of present day Russia, or the various Central Asian and West Asian stan states.

Russia, Eastern Europe and the former soviet bloc states and the present day Central Asian stan states, and the Siberia/Manchuria area, are IMO Doug, a PERFECT Kaleidoscopic view of what many present day wealthy and "first world" White European/Eurasian states and countries would resemble and look like; if White Europeans/Eurasians would not have gone on their wide scale theft/looting/pillaging/destruction spree on the planet. And historically that really was the status quo of Europe and Eurasia at many points in history save for the Silk road nations.

Of course it would be worse for them, because they wouldn't have the modern technology and the knowledge, and wealth, that they had stolen off Black/colored civilizations and societies worldwide historically!

One thing I have noticed Doug, is that the Eurocentrics are willing to admit the advanced state and influence of civilizations and societies in latitudes and environments that MATCH THE EUROPEAN/EURASIAN TOPOGRAPHY AND GEOGRAPHY, (I.E China, Japan etc etc), and regions and locations with modernly present visible populations of off-white/very light skinned non-black/colored populations (which include places like China, Korea, Japan etc).

However when it comes to advanced regions and civilizations and societies, WITH A VASTLY DIFFERENT GEOGRAPHY AND GEOLOGY AND TOPOGRAPHY TO THAT OF EUROPE/EURASIA, AND REGIONS WITH MODERN PRESENTLY VISIBLE LARGE POPULATIONS OF BLACK/COLORED PEOPLES, AND W/ THE SAME SAID REGIONS WITH THE SAME DIFFERENT GEOGRAPHICAL CHARACTERISTICS DIFFERING WITH THAT OF EUROPE/EURASIA, AND WITH A HIGH POSSIBILITY/PROBABILITY OF SAID REGIONS HAVING THE EVIDENCE AND SIGNS OF ADVANCED CIVILIZATIONS THAT PREDATED CIVILIZATIONS IN EUROPE/EURASIA AND OUT-PRODUCED AND WAS MUCH MORE WEALTHIER AND MORE ADVANCED, THEN EUROPEAN/EURASIAN CIVILIZATIONS AT VARIOUS POINTS IN HISTORY; White European academics and "scholars" start distorting, lying, hiding, covering up, denying, or playing all sorts of psychological mind games!

When it comes to advanced and/or wealthy civilizations that match the characteristics that I mentioned above; white Europeans do all sorts of things to downplay the truth about these regions/places/civilizations.

Things such as, outright ignore them in the records, briefly or scantly mention them like they existed but they were relatively unimportant, distort, misrepresent, misconstrue and warp their true value and existence and advanced state on the world stage, or they do fallacious comparisons ploys and devices with other advanced civilizations that existed, European/non-European, to downplay their role or importance at the time of the civilization's existence; or just plainly cover it up, claim they actually created or built them in the first place, or destroy all evidence or mention of it or said civilization presence, and pretend like the civilization/region never existed in the first place!

I hope you and many ES readers are wise and canny enough to have picked up on this during your years researching this worldwide global eurocentric matrix distortion and obfuscation web, but this seems to be a recurring pattern in many research articles and textbooks and publications, in the "mainstream".

A great example of this is China; sure I respect the Ancient Chinese civilization and it's accomplishments, but it was not that great and big as many people make it out to be here on Egyptsearch.

I don't believe they invented gun powder, which they actually didn't, and a ES member here has actually refuted that. They entered the iron age at a much later date then various West African/African, Southern European, West Asian/Middle Eastern and the Egyptian and Indian civilization's; there is more literacy and sophisticated stone work and monuments outside of Ancient China before them, then there is after. Literacy and writing predate the Ancient Chinese civilization OUTSIDE OF CHINA AND BEFORE THE ANCIENT CHINESE CIVILIZATIONS!

The Ancient Chinese didn't have as sophisticated engineering or canal driven ports, early tidal docks, or mind boggling Ancient structures as the Ancient Egyptian, Indian, Sumerian, Greco-Roman and Carthaginian, and various other African civilizations, that still survive to this day (the great wall and the great Chinese canal were relatively recent).

They didn't have or develop at an early point, sophisticated chain mail or armor like the African/West Asian/Greco-Roman/Persian/Southern Asian/Moorish civilizations, until AFTER THE AFOREMENTIONED CIVILIZATIONS and their fort/fortresses were incomparable to the sophistication and strength of African/Indian/Assyrian/Greco-Roman/Babylonian/Moorish/Persian/Sumerian Mesopotamian fortresses and castles.

And paper was overrated, many civilizations independently replacement items for it, or independently invented on their own, kinda like the papyrus. And the Chinese compass was abysmal and consisted of a non-working metallic spoon for christ's sake! Their gun's and cannons weren't even that effective either, and were full of mistakes/inefficiency when in operation!

However the Eurocentrics play a psychological ploy and mind game when it comes to Ancient China; you see since Ancient China was in a similar latitude and geography, to that of various early European civilization's, and because Eurocentrics know that many Chinese are light-skinned and look off-white, and that the modern Chinese are actually Eurasian mutts and transplants that have little genetic relation to the ORIGINAL XIA/SHANG DYNASTY CHINESE CIVILIZATIONS (this is actually a historical fact Doug); they mention and write about Ancient China in the mainstream, like it was the only important non-European civilization, just like they do with Ancient Persia to an extent, which sort of falls in this same latitude geographical characteristic whiteness distortion bag!

Then they use their mentioning and praise of Ancient China, to claim they are being objective/non-racist, and then they use this mentioning of Ancient China as as a tool and a card, to completely ignore and downplay and distort the equally advanced state and wealth and technology and culture, of civilizations with different latitude/geographic characteristics to Europe/Eurasia+visible colored/black populations, that matched/was on par with Ancient China during their times!

And this can't be more true, then when it comes to various Ancient African advanced civilizations, Ancient South Asia/India, the Ancient civilizations of Meso-America etc etc, and I have noticed this pattern time and time again! I mean without the colonization/pillaging+theft/take over of Ancient African civilization regions, and Ancient Asian civilization regions (especially places like India/Southern Asia), by White Europeans/Eurasians; THERE WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN AN INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION IN EUROPE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Why do they do this? Because again these regions and cultures and societies had advanced wealthy cultures and civilizations and societies THAT PREDATED EUROPE/EURASIA AND SURPASSED VARIOUS EARLY EUROPEAN/EURASIANS CIVILIZATIONS IN HISTORY! And because these civilizations were located in latitudes and geography VERY DIFFERENT FROM EUROPE/EURASIA; AND BECAUSE THEY HAVE/HAD HIGH VISIBLE COLORED POPULATIONS, EUROPEANS HAVE TO GO DO THEIR ANTICS TO LIE AND DISTORT ABOUT THEM!

And they especially do this, and you have mentioned this many many times already on this forum Doug, WITH THE ISLAMIC MOORS AND THE ISLAMIC MOORISH STATES OF SOUTHERN EUROPE AND THE HUGE INFLUENTIAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL ROLE THEY PLAYED IN THE ADVANCEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE MODERN "WESTERN WORLD" AND EUROPEAN COUNTRIES OF TODAY!

And again, IT PROBABLY HAS TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT THE MOORS WERE BLACK/COLORED PEOPLE, AND WHITE EUROPEANS ARE HESITANT TO ADMIT THE HUGE INFLUENTIAL ROLE THEY PLAYED IN THE BUILDING OF MODERN EUROPE; BECAUSE OF THEIR INGRAINED SENSE OF RACIAL SUPERIORITY AND CHAUVINISM, THAT THEY CAN'T ADMIT THAT BLACK/COLORED PEOPLES LIKE THE MOORS PLAYED SUCH A BIG IMPORTANT HISTORICAL ROLE IN EUROPE!

It's plain colorism/racism and hostility towards colored/black peoples from White Europeans/Eurasians, that seeps in through the mainstream publications and history books like in this example, that many people do not pick up on, that we see how they are so successful in brainwashing and warping the masses of the planet today via this sort of Eurocentric distortion play; that results in the ignorant and confused world we see today!

And frankly I have seen many people here on ES, in the old posts, that fall for this Eurocentric/Eurasian distortion trap and play that they do like here.

And again, I don't blame them, since White Europeans are master liars and manipulators and distorter's and hiders, that many people, even on ES, have to double-think or think very critically to see through the web of lies and deception of the Eurocentric matrix! Sometimes it's take too much time to do this or it's a great gamble, and not everyone can successfully filter out the Eurocentric sleight of hand distortion techniques they deploy!

One of the last hopes that many formerly colonized or euro affected countries/civilizations/cultures/nations/societies of the world can hope for, to escape the white albino-eurocentric matrix, is to re-discover and re-excavate lost cities under water nearby their home regions or lost underground/buried cities and structures; in order to re-discover and reclaim whatever they lost in terms of history or culture.

Because these are the only things that the colonizers in the colonial age did not get their hands on, since those lost relics/sites arrived to that state before colonialists got to them!

So you are in agreement with my point then.

I long ago posted similar information on this very forum about the civilizations in Southern and Eastern Africa being older and more cosmopolitan than Europeans like to admit. And I am sure others have as well, not to mention talked about how Europeans lie about history......

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=006585;p=1

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=008161;p=1

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=002627

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=005829

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=007181

Posts: 8901 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mindovermatter
Member # 22317

Rate Member
Doug, what about the second part of what I wrote?

Because White Europeans are only willing to acknowledge to and admit the influence and advanced state of non-european historical civilizations, if they either/or/and match the geography and topography of Europe/Eurasia and/or have good proportions of light skinned and near-white people in these former civ territories today!

They do this with Ancient China and Persia, because of those above aforementioned characteristics, however when it comes to ancient civilizations that do not fall into the characteristics and they have lots of colored/black peoples in their respective regions TODAY, the White Europeans play all sorts of games of manipulation; IN ORDER TO NOT ADMIT THAT BLACK/COLORED PEOPLES BUILT THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE!

They do this a lot in mainstream history textbooks, like books written by Palmer and Colton, the most popular books and authors on modern world history topics, in modern schools today!

What do you think of this?

Doug M
Member # 7650

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Mindovermatter:
Doug, what about the second part of what I wrote?

Because White Europeans are only willing to acknowledge to and admit the influence and advanced state of non-european historical civilizations, if they either/or/and match the geography and topography of Europe/Eurasia and/or have good proportions of light skinned and near-white people in these former civ territories today!

They do this with Ancient China and Persia, because of those above aforementioned characteristics, however when it comes to ancient civilizations that do not fall into the characteristics and they have lots of colored/black peoples in their respective regions TODAY, the White Europeans play all sorts of games of manipulation; IN ORDER TO NOT ADMIT THAT BLACK/COLORED PEOPLES BUILT THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE!

They do this a lot in mainstream history textbooks, like books written by Palmer and Colton, the most popular books and authors on modern world history topics, in modern schools today!

What do you think of this?

If you read the racist anthropology books from the 18th and 19th century that is blatantly obvious. In the racial hierarchy of white supremacy skin color is always the basis for any advancement found world wide. They always tried to suggest that lighter skinned elements within any group were responsible for the technology and progress while the darker skinned populations were savages. This is the implicit underlying paradigm of white supremacist doctrine, which is fundamentally to justify eugenics against black skinned people. And you see this clearly in the history of colonization of Africa, the Pacific and Asia.

The point being that this isn't really anything obscure. What has happened is that the overt and obvious white supremacist language of the past in academia and general media has gone covert so it isn't as obvious as it used to be. So many today may not understand the basis of and foundations of true white supremacist thought.

mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
African civilizations are so old that many of their cities are underwater.

-
Sunken city of Herakleion

http://www.messagetoeagle.com/lost-kingdom-of-cleopatra-legendary-lost-city-of-heracleion/

-

Heracleion (Greek: Ἡράκλειον), also known as Thonis (Θῶνις), was an ancient Egyptian city near Alexandria whose ruins are located in Abu Qir Bay, currently 2.5 km off the coast, under 10 m (30 ft) of water.[1] Its legendary beginnings go back to as early as the 12th century BC, and it is mentioned by ancient Greek historians. Its importance grew particularly during the waning days of the Pharaohs—the late period, when it was Egypt's main port for international trade and collection of taxes.

Heracleion was originally built on some adjoining islands in the Nile Delta, and was intersected by canals. It possessed a number of harbors and anchorages, was the sister city of Naucratis, and was superseded by Alexandria.

Legendary beginnings[edit]

The stelae of Ptolemy VIII from the temple of Heracleion
It was believed that Paris and Helen of Troy were stranded here on their flight from the jealous Menelaus, before the Trojan war began[citation needed] or that Menelaus and Helen had stayed there, accommodated by the noble Egyptian Thon[2] and Polydamna. Also, it was believed that Heracles himself had visited the city, and that the city had gained its name from him.

Ancient references[edit]
Until very recently the site had been known only from a few literary and epigraphic sources, one of which interestingly mentions the site as an emporion, just like Naukratis.

— British Museum, 2013[3]
The city was mentioned by the ancient historians Diodorus (1.19.4) and Strabo (17. 1.16). Herodotus was told that Thonis was the warden of the Canopic mouth of the Nile: Thonis arrested Alexander (Paris), the son of Priam, because Alexander had abducted Helen of Troy and taken much wealth.[3][4]

Heracleion is also mentioned in the twin steles of the Decree of Nectanebo I (the first of which is known as the 'Stele of Naukratis'), which specify that one tenth of the taxes on imports passing through the town of Thonis/Herakleion were to be given to the sanctuary of Neith of Sais.[3] The city is also mentioned in the Decree of Canopus honoring Pharaoh Ptolemy III.

The city of Heracleion was also the site of the celebration of the ‘mysteries of Osiris' each year during the month of Khoiak. The god in his ceremonial boat was brought in procession from the temple of Amun in that city to his shrine in Canopus.[5]

Archaeology[edit]

Ptolemaic coins from the submerged Heracleion
The city had a large temple of Khonsou, son of Amun, who was known to the Greeks as Herakles.[6] Later, the worship of Amun became more prominent.

Heracleion flourished especially from the 6th to the 4th century BC, as revealed by numerous archaeological finds. Pharaoh Nectanebo I made many additions to the temple in the 4th century B.C.[7]

The city sank in the 3rd or 2nd century AD, probably due to liquefaction of the silts on which it was built following earth tremors. The ruins submerged in the sea were located by the French underwater archaeologist Franck Goddio in 2000.[8] Until then, the scholars were not sure if Heracleion and Thonis were in fact one and the same

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com