EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Runoko Rashidi When Blacks Ruled the Planet (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Runoko Rashidi When Blacks Ruled the Planet
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice video by Afrocentric historian Runoko Rashidi that talk about Black civilizations in Ancient Egypt, East Asia, India and the Graeco Roman world.

When Blacks Ruled The Planet Runoko Rashidi 2017
https://youtu.be/HtO07P1TF7c

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mena7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Runoko Rashidi

-
Runoko Rashidi

Dr Runoko Rashidi Tour the Museum of Anthropology in Xalapa, Mexico
https://youtu.be/persngnmgKM

--------------------
mena

Posts: 5374 | From: sepedat/sirius | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I haven't seen his videos in a long time.
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mena7
Member # 20555

Member Rated:
I like the fact in this video Runoko Rashidi pay hommage to the great Afrocentric teachers that came before him like John Henrik Clark, Chancellor Williams, John J Jackson, J A Rogers, Antenor Firmin (rarely mention by Afrocentric scholar), Cheikh Anta Diop, Yosef Ben Jochanan, Ursulla Dungee and Ivan Van Sertima.

Runoko Rashidi lecture in Copenhagen, Denmark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBXNszS5IWI

--------------------
mena

beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This guys stuff is worst than useless in 2018 when we have a grasp of modern and ancient DNA. A "worldwide presence of black people" obfuscates our individual origins. I have no idea why people continue to push these fantasies and lies.
Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by beyoku:
This guys stuff is worst than useless in 2018 when we have a grasp of modern and ancient DNA. A "worldwide presence of black people" obfuscates our individual origins. I have no idea why people continue to push these fantasies and lies.

I don't know why either? This shit should've been debunked back in the mid 2000s when it was made clear that these "Black Asians" are genetically distant from Africans. I remember telling these types this but they would just clamp their ears shut and scream.

But this is the Deshret section. lol.

Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please list a few of Rashidi's fantasies and l1ies. Thank you.

Let a black man make a mistake and all he does is fucked up, right?

Focus on the errors, fuck all the correct stuff.
Discredit the black, baby dirty water and tub too.
SMH

Go dialog w/t man. Maybe you can bring him
around. He stopped talking about a Severus
coin after I told him it wasn't. Right there
in public on his blax only forum and he
thanked me for it.

How many of you mentor young students?
It's easy to throw stones but what are
you doing offline to help blax where
you live?

The Struggle is continuous, join it.

I recommend African Presence in Early Asia.
DNA can't tell you shit about
• crania and skeletons
• civilizations and dynasties
• religion and spirituality
• art and music
• science and engineering
• culture and industry
• government and military
• trade and communications
• architecture and literature

These are things people can approach.
Avg person couldn't care less about
polymorphism pontifications from some
Ivory oops Ebony Tower aloof scholars.

Learn while reading with a critical eye
as you would a book written by a white
man or anybody else but a black man.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Akachi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

..We're still waiting on your explanation as to why the Niger-Congo rooted sickle cell Haplogroup is observed in those "distant" Africoid Asian populations?

-
 -

G6PD
 -

That is in fact a genetic relationship is it not? So we can stop saying that them and us looking almost identical is not "superficial".

You pal around with White supremacist on forum biodiversity and endorse their bullshit as their friendly Negro advisory (loving the fuck out of that pat on the head and I have the receipts...), while trying to shit on a master teacher. Boy boy boy....YOU AIN'T BLACK (mentally)....I'm sounding the alert on you "intelligent" Negroes! They work with them peoples straight up!

there was an insult in this post which I deleted.
No insults please, next time I will just delete the whole post, information and all

--lioness

[ 11. April 2018, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: the lioness, ]

Posts: 348 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to make be critical of Runoko Rashidi at this point one will have to quote him to to make an effective argument. This is my recommendation

this is his website

http://drrunoko.com/

and there is the video mena posted, other articles you can goolge

Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3784812/

Populations in India and the Arabian Gulf

In Saudi Arabia, the sickle cell trait is widespread but reaches its highest prevalence in the eastern Province. In India, the trait occurs most commonly among the tribal peoples in central India (southeastern Gujarat, Maharastra, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, western Odisha) with a smaller focus in the south of the country (northern Tamil Nadu and Kerala), and trait frequencies as high as 40% have been described in some groups. In these areas, the DNA structure flanking the β-globin locus differs from that in African peoples, suggesting that this is a fourth independent occurrence of the HbS mutation and is referred to as the Asian haplotype.

quote:

http://www.sicklecellnewjersey.org/about-scanj/history-of-sickle-cell/

The origin of the mutation that led to the sickle-cell gene derives from at least four independent mutational events, three in Africa and a fourth in either Saudi Arabia or central India. These independent events occurred between 3,000 and 6,000 generations ago, approximately 70-150,000 years.

quote:

https://wellcome.ac.uk/press-release/global-map-sickle-cell-gene-confirms-malaria-hypothesis

Global map of the sickle cell gene confirms the 'malaria hypothesis

The study showed that the sickle-cell gene is most common in sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East and India. Areas of high frequency are coincident with historically high levels of malaria, thus confirming that the malaria hypothesis is correct at the global scale.

Posts: 42921 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beyoku     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In 2018 we are sitting on genetic results over over 100 Ancient Native American skeletons. Even African looking skeletons......ALL of them which show continuity with Amerindians..........NONE of them when dated prior to 1500AD show noticeable African genetic affinities.........and we still playing this game?

We are still playing this game where we ignore the autosomal distinctness...and the MAJOR Uni parental separation between A/B/YAP/L/M1/U6 continental Africans and M89~/M/N Southern Asian, Southern Pacific and Oceanic populations who are damn near ALL THE WAY on the other side of the genetic spectrum from the people we are related to?

How does any of this help me when I am looking into the history of my own ancestors? Are you aware there is an pseudo ideology RIGHT NOW that "African Americans" are not descendant of continental Africans but are instead the remnants of a Pre Columbian indigenous Black native American population?

Look at this bullshit.

I can not longer excuse and contribute to this bullshit.

Posts: 2463 | From: New Jersey USA | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wtf does that have to do with Rashidi?

Quote me Rashidi on Black Americans being
1st Peoples and not Diasporan Africans.

You just boxing wild hanging laundry
claiming its Rashidi's when you know
better.

Why are you doing that?

You contributed to Aframs r Indians bullshit?
Shame on you. I'd a never known from back when
you regularly posted on ES. I miss learning from
you.

Now you talk like it's some long standing Black
American tradition of being Native to Turtle
Island when you know good and damn well it's
a 21st century cathartic for Black Americans
ashamed of Africa and the fact Africans sold
Africans into American bondage and as something
to explain away colouring, hair texture, and
facial features they'd otherwise attribute to
white rapes.

One 20th C Black flic had a student essay write:
"Granma says we got a little Indian in us ... and
a whole lot of African."

You know full well no professional Black scholars
teach that stuff. If you ever go out among the Black
American populace you would know there is no mass
appeal for that We-Native-We-not-African nutjob roorag.

If you ever went for We Native and aint down
with it no more thats your issue. Don't lie
and make like any but a set of self-haters
push that 21st century myth.

Yes there are some 1st Peoples sharing some
features of some Africans. Yes there're some
1st Peoples having Diasporan great great
grandparents. Yes in midAtlantic states you
can run into people who look Diasporan but
they have and may even show you their US
government issued Tribal ID card. And
they have Tribal culture.

Some such card holders are Diasporan in origin.
I never met one who denied that fact. How
much of your genetic study is based on
YouTubers? Why is your Africana study
based on YouTube? Easy enemy to
beat? Strawman to knock down?

And still no presentation or critique
of the realman, Runoko Rashidi who's
removed the bonds of historical
ignorance off many a Diasporan
brain

never once acting like he's 'better than'.

The Black public don't like Better Than
laymen acting like degree holding pros and
pontificating at them from white websites
when such people don't invest even half as
much time on Black sites sharing knowledge
with Blacks who don't know without talking
down to them as if born knowing all there is
to be known and never having had to learn
from scratch with all the missteps of the
learning curve to overcome.

BTW last time I checked N born in Africa
is as valid an option as N born 'Eurasia'.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

How does any of this help me when I am looking into the history of my own ancestors? Are you aware there is an pseudo ideology RIGHT NOW that "African Americans" are not descendant of continental Africans but are instead the remnants of a Pre Columbian indigenous Black native American population?

Look at this bullshit.

I can not longer excuse and contribute to this bullshit. [/QB]

You would have to quote Runoko Rashidi to connect him to that.

http://drrunoko.com/african-history/article-before-enslavement-africas-ancient-diaspora/

His basic premise is, how long a population has been out of Africa and if they acquired a different genetic profile it doesn't matter. If they look African they are Black. Phenotype is what unifies people. Genetic variations don't matter Black phenotype matters.

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Akachi:
quote:

..We're still waiting on your explanation as to why the Niger-Congo rooted sickle cell Haplogroup is observed in those "distant" Africoid Asian populations?

-
 -

G6PD
 -

That is in fact a genetic relationship is it not? So we can stop saying that them and us looking almost identical is not "superficial".

You pal around with White supremacist on forum biodiversity and endorse their bullshit as their friendly Negro advisory (loving the fuck out of that pat on the head and I have the receipts...), while trying to shit on a master teacher. Boy boy boy....YOU AIN'T BLACK (mentally)....I'm sounding the alert on you "intelligent" Negroes! They work with them peoples straight up!

there was an insult in this post which I deleted.
No insults please, next time I will just delete the whole post, information and all

--lioness

You are right these people attack the reality that the first civilizations were founded by Blacks and we ruled much of the earth until 1492, when Europeans found the Americas and the Moors were driven out of Iberia.

Even though Black Power fell in decline Africa was only colonized in 1898, by 1960 many African countries were moving toward independence.

This means that Europeans have been able to steal Black History with the help of Afro-Americans who parrot White Supremacist ideas as if they are authentic. The genetic evidence is clear the ancient Europeans,contemporary Melanesians,and Dravidians are of recent African origin. There is no such thing as Eurasian genes. It is sad that Afro-Americans perpetuate lies that deny our history.

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Clyde Winters:
You are right these people attack the reality that the first civilizations were founded by Blacks and we ruled much of the earth until 1492, when Europeans found the Americas and the Moors were driven out of Iberia.

Ninety two years before that was 1400
Can you state several of the Black nations ruling the planet at that time

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

would it be correct to say that Al-Andalus was ruled by berbers who were black Africans?
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Scanning the link I find Rashidi dancing between
the terms: African; black.

He seemed careful with black and applying it to
Asians. Except for Arabia he didn't call Asians
African bit claims they started out so 100,000
years ago.

However, he liminally pre or affixes a sentence
with Aftica in it onto a paragraph about Asians
or Australians. For the unwary confusion can
arise with misappropriation following on heel.

He mentioned, abit enthusiasticly, contribution
to AmerInd civilization but I didn't see a thing
intimating Black Americans are 1st Peoples.

--------------------

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clyde Winters   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
quote:

Ninety two years before that was 1400
Can you state several of the Black nations ruling the planet at that time

When Europeans arrived in America in 1492, some Black Empires include: Songhai Empire, Zanj city States etc., all of Africa, the Aztecs in Mexico, Melanesians in the Pacific, the Naga and Tamil in Southeast Asia .

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Posts: 13012 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Songhai ruled the planet. Wow!

Historical inaccuracies are easy to pass off.
Moors weren't expelled from Iberia in 1492.

Also cultural mores. Africans do not and
never had the rule-the-world mentality. I
fault Rashidi reflecting Walker and Supiya's
glow for the title of the vid.

Thing is you can't reach the general public
with a lot of professional jargon. Title or
no, I'm glad 12 years ago they published
the first book of its kind since Black Spark
White Fire and popular black culture history
books in the vein of Clegg (originator of the
When Black People Ruled the World concept),
Rogers, Jackson, etc.

--------------------

beyoku
Member # 14524

Member Rated:
"We aint Africans we are indigenous American Indians" is NEW TRASH.

"We came before Columbus" - While good scholarship OF THE TIME does not have the support of modern populations genetics.

As this is the case Why is Rashidi still standing in from of Olmec statues though?....what is the point and what is he trying to convey? Why every time i see New Trash videos the creators involve his work?

What is the point of grouping worldwide dark skin people that have no genetic affinity with each other. What is the point of STILL propping up African looking American skeletons that have already been genetically tested? What is the point of linking Sub Saharan ancestry to Ancient Asian remains that have already be genetically tested? Why he still in videos showing images of Budda and Angkor Wat?

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Von Wuthenau posed with an Olmec head.
What makes Rashidi's photo any different?
He's black and black is nefarious. SMH.

A damn photo op and paranoia complaining that
an Asian blacks essay has Asian info in it. Wtf.

This isn't even gravy less lone meat or potatoes.

When will we see critique of some text because
filtered impressions just aren't Rashidi's words.
Effective well poisoning? Yes. Ignoring requests
for Rashidi quotes? Yes. Is this objective subjective?

How bout a list of Rashidi books or essays
read before one goes to dump all over the man?

So far not one Verifed Purchaser review. Hmm.

PS
population genetics cannot tell us anything
about cultural contact and communication. DNA
myopia does not replace any item on that list
of things to know about a people.

Pop gen must not be used like a sheild to protect
against archaeology linguistic etc facts one does
not like.

But when was Olmec DNA data collected, processed
and reported on? Wanna see how close it is to
Amazonians some of whom greatly resemble some
Cabezas Colossal.

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not so fast...

It pisses me off how these Europeans twist the truth, hide information to maintian their false and delusional belief of European dominance of history. Their history is filled with lies and delusion. It would really be informative for all population to know the truth without the sleight of hand and lies these Europeans tell.

Read more: http://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/thread/1682/study-precolumbian-african-skeletons-virgin#ixzz5CUIFb5bj

This is an old study of a find of two skeletal remains discovered on St Croix Virgin Island in 1974,carried out by Bio-anthropologist Larry Angel Douglas H Ubelaker, also posted below is an article that appeared in 1974
Analysis Of The Hull's Bay Skeletons St Thomas
stcroixarchaeology.org/files/Hull_Bay_Skeletons_-_Ubelaker_-_Angel.pdf

The Virgin Islands Daily News - Oct 21, 1974

news.google.com/newspapers?nid=757&dat=19741021&id=kw9OAAAAIBAJ&sjid=BK4DAAAAIBAJ&pg=6610,5371424
You may have to scroll all the way to the left on Pg 12 of 12.

Observer-Reporter - Feb 24, 1975
Were Blacks First Settlers In The Western Hemisphere
news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2519&dat=19750224&id=wOZdAAAAIBAJ&sjid=K18NAAAAIBAJ&pg=5488
Pls go to Pg 5 of 42 scroll down to view article.

The Miami Herald also carried an article about the find during the same time, so that find did generate alot of interest, yrs later I only became aware of it because of Van Sertima's book The Came Before Columbus,I am hoping that the Government of the Virgin Island or the Smithsonian Institute carries out more surveys and digs of the area.

Anyhow you guys clik in and enjoy the links.

Las

Read more: http://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/thread/1682/study-precolumbian-african-skeletons-virgin#ixzz5CUHub1Sp

Indeed. This is a fascinating revelation. I had doubts of Van Sertima's assertation, primarily because in his books the statues are more Polenesians type rather than Africans. Now I don't know.

Read more: http://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/thread/1682/study-precolumbian-african-skeletons-virgin#ixzz5CUI9c7tm

-

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
http://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/thread/2598/christopher-columbus-came-world-moors

Posterior probability analysis.
Our posterior probability (Pos) analysis of all subhaplogroups combined **does not fit the historical expectation of a major
contribution to the Puerto Rican WE-NA mtDNAs from the Iberian Peninsula** (Table 4, Figure S6). Instead, WE-NA mtDNA sequences in Puerto Rico are in
general more likely to originate in the Canary Islands with a Pos value of 14.23% (SD=3.48%), or from the Wolof and Serer from Senegal and the nomad Fulani of
West Africa
(Pos = 10.38%, SD = 3.03%). However, the contribution of these West African populations seems to be largely restricted to haplogroup U (Table 4, Figure
S6), suggesting there exists no population in the database which carries a similarly diverse distribution of haplogroups as found in the Puerto Rican WE-NA mtDNAs,
with the possible exception of the Canary Islands. In consistency with this pattern, the most common Puerto Rican WE-NA haplogroups present origin probabilities widely different

Read more: http://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/thread/2598/christopher-columbus-came-world-moors#ixzz5CULFISip

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

What is the point of grouping worldwide dark skin people that have no genetic affinity with each other.

But...why is it our place to invent meaning to an irrational construct we didn't make? There's nothing rational or biological about race.

quote:

But that's what race does, even in Africa. People living in Africa have by far the most genetic and phenotypic diversity but are black and described in collective ways that strip them of both their individuality and their different origins. Now if he is arguing a recent Africa origin for all these people, carry on. But I haven't read his works tbh.
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
http://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/thread/2077/extent-slavery-afram-slaves-georgia

-

xx

-

Post Options
Post by djoser-xyyman on Nov 23, 2015 at 8:22pm
So ...Anthropologically they are unsure what these people were. But Genetically they are Africans.....mostly

Read more: http://egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com/thread/2077/extent-slavery-afram-slaves-georgia#ixzz5CUNjT0bt

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
I can add more. My point? Europeans lie!!! What about the Zootag (sp?) 3. Slaves in the Caribbean Islands but not West Africans?

We don't know because Europeans have that insatiable habit of lies and distortion
------------------------------------------------
Further blanket statements will result in "vacation"
- lioness

[ 12. April 2018, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: the lioness, ]

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
You would need genetic testing to prove that this one skelton in st croix
http://stcroixarchaeology.org/files/Hull_Bay_Skeletons_-_Ubelaker_-_Angel.pdf

or the Olmecs were Africans who migrated to the Americas before the Europeans

However when you look at what Runoko Rashidi says about Melanisians and Austrailians it doesn't matter what matters is phenotype it's phenotype that connects people
DIop said the same thing

You can say that it is possible that the Olmecs sailed from Africa to Mexico but you can't prove it but it's their wide noses and full lips that make them black

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Does Rashidi claim Africans founded Olmec civ?
I know vanSertima made no such claim.

Be back in a bit after I find the wuote in ES Rχive

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Does Rashidi claim Africans founded Olmec civ?
I know vanSertima made no such claim.

Be back in a bit after I find the wuote in ES Rχive

quote:
Originally posted 07 October, 2007 by alTakruri:

Van Sertima says the Olmec were natives of the Americas.
In the America Revisited book Van Sertima tells us which
Americas people some of his own ancestors were. He has no
reason to favor one ethnicity over the other and doesn't do so.

And, before anybody tries to do it, let's be careful not to put
words into Van Sertima's mouth. He never claimed Africans
to be the father of civilization in the Americas.

quote:

"I think it necessary to make it clear -- since
partisan and ethnocentric scholarship is the
order of the day -- that the emergence of the
Negroid face, which the archeaological and
cultural data overwhelmingly confirm, in no way
presupposes the lack of a native originality

the absence of other influences or the automatic
eclipse of other faces"

-- They Came Before Columbus, 1976, p. 147

quote:

"I cannot subscribe to the notion that civilization
suddenly dropped onto the American earth from the
Egyptian heaven."

-- Journal of African Civilizations, V8#2, 1986 p. 16

quote:

"Not all of these heads are African. I have said
that over and over again. I have never claimed
that Africans carved these heads or that they
were the only models for them.
What I have
claimed, . . . is
  1. that the skull and skeletal evidence
    examined in certain Olmec settlements show a
    distinct African physical prescence AMONG THEM
  2. that this alien prescence is displayed not
    only in bones but in the features of SOME
    of the Olmec stones . . .

-- Early America Revisited, 1998, p. 52

@ Xyyman
Think that skeleton and the ironwork found with it
VanSertima could only say so much by Smithsonian
order. Find post will link
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=008775;p=2#000053

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
BTW - you know that whole Columbus story is a lie...by Europeans? Read my thread on ESR. Man these fugkers can lie!!! I never knew this until I read that paper on Early Puerto Ricans. Trying to dig data on Columbus...the man NEVER Existed!!!! He is a composite of many characters!!!!! In other words he is all made up! WT...is wrong with these people. Man! talk about a mind job.

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Xyyman, I hope the various claims you are now making are not based on european writing, that would be contradicrory
Tukuler
Member # 19944

quote:
the Niger-Congo rooted sickle cell Haplogroup is observed in those "distant" Africoid Asian populations?

-

is in fact a genetic relationship is it not? ...

Yebo, that one map shows E-M2 region Africa Hb
in beige. People spread it from there to north
Meds, Arabs, Gulf Straiters, and SE Indians.
See, each of those places have their own
local diseases. That beige Hb is an African
import (pending contrary textual evidence).

Look W Afr has a Hb coincident with E-M33 and both spread nowhere else, even in Africa.
 -

SE Asia and Indonesia only have local HbE.
This hints they split before the last Ice Age.

--------------------

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
You would need genetic testing to prove that this one skelton in st croix
http://stcroixarchaeology.org/files/Hull_Bay_Skeletons_-_Ubelaker_-_Angel.pdf

or the Olmecs were Africans who migrated to the Americas before the Europeans

However when you look at what Runoko Rashidi says about Melanisians and Austrailians it doesn't matter what matters is phenotype it's phenotype that connects people
DIop said the same thing

You can say that it is possible that the Olmecs sailed from Africa to Mexico but you can't prove it but it's their wide noses and full lips that make them black

We can prove the Olmecs were West Africans by 1) the Olmec writing system, 2) the religion is Mande, 3)the use of jade to make tools in Africa and Mexico,4) the West African skeletons discovered by Dr. Andrzej Wiercinski ,5) the Malinke-Bambara substratum in Mayan, Otomi and Mixe languages,6) the Bilingual Olmec-Maya text, 7) the Mayan tradition of foreign people landing at Panotha and 8) the Olmec Calendar.

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Clyde Winters
Member # 10129

Rate Member

--------------------
C. A. Winters

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ase     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What genetic review places the Olmecs (genetically) closer to West Africans (or any group of Africans) rather than non Africans?
Posts: 2508 | From: . | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Oshun:
What genetic review places the Olmecs (genetically) closer to West Africans (or any group of Africans) rather than non Africans?

There are no published DNA tests on Olmecs

Let's not go into a general discussion on the Olmecs and keep this focused on Olmecs only as Runoko Rashidi says about them and how such commentary reflects on him not the Olmecs

You act like you just got to the forum yesterday but you've been here for years. You should know that Clyde has a huge amount of posts on that topic. That the topic has been done to death is to put it mildly

Clyde, no giant info posts on Olmecs please, just put links to other thread if you want

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
I've been registered for years, technically. Though I don't usually enter discussions of this sort, to "put it mildly."
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Oshun! Oshun! Oshun! You are probably a "hand full' in real life. really annoying personality....just saying.

--------------------

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
His basic premise is, how long a population has been out of Africa and if they acquired a different genetic profile it doesn't matter. If they look African they are Black. Phenotype is what unifies people. Genetic variations don't matter Black phenotype matters.
It should be the other way round. "If they look black, they are African". In other words, there is an African race--Homo Sapiens Africanus--as a human population cline.

To prove the point: I was recently watching a Rugby-7 Final between Fiji and Kenya held in Hong Kong. The Kenyans were on average slightly darker than the Fijians but other than that their phenotypes and body structures were strictly African. Plus, it was noticeable how fast they ran.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fiji++beat++kenya++in++world++7s++rugby++hong+kong++images&client=firefox-b-1&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi6traMyrfaAhXLPxQKHX6jAp4Q7 AkIOQ&biw=1067&bih=489#imgrc=XewH_KLwSuazBM:

Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Black men who run fast are ...Africans. SMH. Why don't we stick the label ..."Negro". (insert sarcasm)

--------------------

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lamin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no PLACE called Negroland. I want to believe that there are MAPS of Africa.
Posts: 5492 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
quote:
It should be the other way round. "If they look black, they are African". In other words, there is an African race--Homo Sapiens Africanus--as a human population cline.
The same point is evidenced by the Vanuatu Female Beach Volleyball Team now in Australia for the Commonwealth games. Vanuatu is an island way over in the Pacific--but their traits are strictly African. The people of Vanuatu are strictly members of the African Commonwealth of peoples.

https://www.google.com/search?q=vanuatu+versus++australia+beach+volleyball+team++commonwealth+games+australia+images&client=firefox-b-1&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj vteLlzLfaAhXI7BQKHaBhDY8Q7AkIOA&biw=1067&bih=489#imgdii=gQH1cP5ytEs_SM:&imgrc=rAdqW7HsemsM2M:

Tukuler
Member # 19944

Putting vast genetic distance aside
the Pacific blacks split early enough
to get some Denisovan and to develop
unique traits while retaining other
traits kept from Africa.

Our links exist and are Pleistocene
(Tarantian) as black people who never
lost black skin and physiognomy like
'elongated' Africans but taken to a
wholly different environment to
adapt further.

I feel more related to these Pacific
black cousins than to West Eurasian
white grandchildren
who treat me and my cuz like shit
just because our colour and features.

An interesting travelogue (move over Herodotus)
"They All Look Alike! All of Them"?:
From Egypt to Papua New Guinea with Ben-Jochannan

Yosef Ben-Jochannan

Alkebu-lan Books and Education Materials Association
New York 1980 - Black race - 454 pages

--------------------

Ase
Member # 19740

Rate Member
Edit: Nope not taking bait.
Akachi
On Vacation
Member # 21711

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Akachi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:Yebo, that one map shows E-M2 region Africa Hb

The Niger-Congo speakers who originated in Northeast Africa are the sole source of the blood adaptions (not diseases) and their variants. That is clear from their various distributions. This is the migration path the Niger-Congo speakers took.

-
 -

quote:
See, each of those places have their own local diseases. That beige Hb is an African import (pending contrary textual evidence).
Yes, they are VARIANTS of the root "adaption" that formed with Niger-Congo speakers. The very presence of sickle cell for example in Arabia...simply means that Niger-Congo speakers migrated into the Arabian Peninsula.. Likewise the sickle in NEW GUINEA... is proof that Niger-Congo speakers migrated into Southeast Asia as well.

There is a concerted effort to exploit the inferiority complex present in many Niger-Congo speaking descendants populations today to not acknowledge what is unique to US, and through that some people are really trying to hide our existence through history that is indicated by our most unique characteristics. Some are banking on Negroes not proudly claiming ourselves to run this bullshit game that Egyptsearch regulars have been on for almost 20 years now.

quote:
Look W Afr has a Hb coincident with E-M33 and both spread nowhere else, even in Africa.
 -

You're playing that game...You're playing that whole Niger-Congo speakers = Sub Saharan West African ORIGINS...That's not the case and you know that. You point out the contemporary distributions of E-M2 and E-M33 in comparison with HBS and HBC sickle cell, and you infer that they have always been in those regions and never spread, but you're wrong..

Use of the amplification refractory mutation system (ARMS) in the study of HbS in predynastic Egyptian remains

" We conducted a molecular investigation of the presence of sicklemia in six predynastic Egyptian mummies (about 3200 BC) from the Anthropological and Ethnographic Museum of Turin. Previous studies of these remains showed the presence of severe anemia, while histological preparations of mummified tissues revealed hemolytic disorders. DNA was extracted from dental samples with a silica-gel method specific for ancient DNA"

So there you see that one of our characteristic genetic markers (HBS sickle cell) was observed during the pre-dynastic period of Northeast African civilizations....So you claiming that the modern distribution is reflective of some long standing existence "Sub Saharan" Africa is white washed bullshit.

-
 -

Ricaut must be one of those "WE WUZ KANGZ" sympathizers then, because he is confirming that the notion that Niger-Congo speakers have in "Sub Saharan" Africa for a long time (no more than 2,500 years for the bulk of the ancestral populace) is bullshit.

quote:
SE Asia and Indonesia only have local HbE. This hints they split before the last Ice Age.
No the cultural traditions of the people in that region are too African for the break away to be that far in the past. Like aboriginal Australians for example Rashidi starkly stated that they have some of the least African cultural traits of any indigenous population on Earth, simply because they left Africa over 60,000 years ago.

-  -

The black Asians in question however were likely just apart of the more recent historical Kushite expansion into Asia.

-

Posts: 348 | From: Atlanta | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Forty2Tribes
Member # 21799

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Forty2Tribes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
This guys stuff is worst than useless in 2018 when we have a grasp of modern and ancient DNA. A "worldwide presence of black people" obfuscates our individual origins.

They have shared origins. The people who created the black race used ubiquitous colorism tactics.

-

Posts: 1254 | From: howdy | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
SE Asia and Indonesia only have local HbE. This hints they split before the last Ice Age.
No the cultural traditions of the people in that region are too African for the break away to be that far in the past. Like aboriginal Australians for example Rashidi starkly stated that they have some of the least African cultural traits of any indigenous population on Earth, simply because they left Africa over 60,000 years ago.

-  -

The black Asians in question however were likely just apart of the more recent historical Kushite expansion into Asia.

[/QB]

-

^^^ So this woman' ancestors were Kushites who went into Burma ??

Kingdom of Kush
785 BC –350 AD

-

guess what the Kushites didn't have neck rings, this woman is
Ndebele a people native to South Africa/Zimbabwe region

will you get your stuff together ?

lamin
Member # 5777

Rate Member
Note that people could INDEPENDENTLY create the same cultural items. Though in other cases cultural similarities are due to cultural diffusion. This does not mean, however, that those who accept the diffused cultural items are of similar ethnicity with the diffusers.
xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Excellent post!!!?? There are multiply lines of evidence (too many) of migration OUT from SSA to Arabia, Greece and Persia and Harrapan Valley. Time we ignore these fools who says otherwise . continue on building and teaching newbies.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tukuler:Yebo, that one map shows E-M2 region Africa Hb

The Niger-Congo speakers who originated in Northeast Africa are the sole source of the blood adaptions (not diseases) and their variants. That is clear from their various distributions. This is the migration path the Niger-Congo speakers took.

-
 -

quote:
See, each of those places have their own local diseases. That beige Hb is an African import (pending contrary textual evidence).
Yes, they are VARIANTS of the root "adaption" that formed with Niger-Congo speakers. The very presence of sickle cell for example in Arabia...simply means that Niger-Congo speakers migrated into the Arabian Peninsula.. Likewise the sickle in NEW GUINEA... is proof that Niger-Congo speakers migrated into Southeast Asia as well.

There is a concerted effort to exploit the inferiority complex present in many Niger-Congo speaking descendants populations today to not acknowledge what is unique to US, and through that some people are really trying to hide our existence through history that is indicated by our most unique characteristics. Some are banking on Negroes not proudly claiming ourselves to run this bullshit game that Egyptsearch regulars have been on for almost 20 years now.

quote:
 -

You're playing that game...You're playing that whole Niger-Congo speakers = Sub Saharan West African ORIGINS...That's not the case and you know that. You point out the contemporary distributions of E-M2 and E-M33 in comparison with HBS and HBC sickle cell, and you infer that they have always been in those regions and never spread, but you're wrong..

Use of the amplification refractory mutation system (ARMS) in the study of HbS in predynastic Egyptian remains

" We conducted a molecular investigation of the presence of sicklemia in six predynastic Egyptian mummies (about 3200 BC) from the Anthropological and Ethnographic Museum of Turin. Previous studies of these remains showed the presence of severe anemia, while histological preparations of mummified tissues revealed hemolytic disorders. DNA was extracted from dental samples with a silica-gel method specific for ancient DNA"

So there you see that one of our characteristic genetic markers (HBS sickle cell) was observed during the pre-dynastic period of Northeast African civilizations....So you claiming that the modern distribution is reflective of some long standing existence "Sub Saharan" Africa is white washed bullshit.

-
 -

Ricaut must be one of those "WE WUZ KANGZ" sympathizers then, because he is confirming that the notion that Niger-Congo speakers have in "Sub Saharan" Africa for a long time (no more than 2,500 years for the bulk of the ancestral populace) is bullshit.

quote:
 -
 -

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com