EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Deshret » Pizza was invented in Punt !!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pizza was invented in Punt !!
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Tomb of Rekhmire (TT100),reign of Thutmose III:
tribute bearers from Punt bringing large pizza slices

Posts: 42925 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DD'eDeN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flat bread with toppings?
Probably started Papua ~24ka, sago palm flour flat bread with toasted grubs on top, first meat-lovers pizza, or maybe rolled like a burrito. But cut slices were later, I guess.

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

Posts: 2021 | From: Miami | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Crystal
On permanent vacation
Member # 22903

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black Crystal         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black folks invented everything and they mama! lmfao

--------------------
BC

Posts: 297 | From: Bronx | Registered: Apr 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DD'eDeN:
Probably started Papua ~24ka, sago palm flour flat bread with toasted grubs on top, first meat-lovers pizza, or maybe rolled like a burrito. But cut slices were later, I guess.

Can you show evidence?
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:
 -
Tomb of Rekhmire (TT100),reign of Thutmose III:
tribute bearers from Punt bringing large pizza slices

These most likely were made from Teff grains. We starting to learn more about this just now and how important Teff has been for thousands of years.
Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Continuing the josh.

The cheetah skin napkin proves the pizza tribute is for the royalty!

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DD'eDeN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ish Gebor:
quote:

Can you show evidence?
Not sufficient to convince a skeptic. I put together some isolated facts into a plausible storyline. Starch processing via pounding sago palm fruiting stalk, inventing adze (remove starch) & spatula (flapjack lifter & Tasmanian women diver abalone scraper), which were then used for other purposes (hoe, shovel).

I have no evidence that this was done previously in Africa/EurAsia, say before 24ka, only after 14ka Natufians.

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

Posts: 2021 | From: Miami | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ish Gebor:
quote:

Can you show evidence?
Not sufficient to convince a skeptic. I put together some isolated facts into a plausible storyline. Starch processing via pounding sago palm fruiting stalk, inventing adze (remove starch) & spatula (flapjack lifter & Tasmanian women diver abalone scraper), which were then used for other purposes (hoe, shovel).

I have no evidence that this was done previously in Africa/EurAsia, say before 24ka, only after 14ka Natufians.

Before you get to flat bread or any type of bread, there is a process of cultivation.
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Ish Gebor, not necessarily.

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

the questioner
Member # 22195

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the questioner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the lioness is trolling

--------------------
Questions expose liars

Posts: 861 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the questioner:
the lioness is trolling

how ridiculous,it is physically impossible to troll one's one topic
Posts: 42925 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Josh #2

Yuck, moldy cold month old pizza from 1000 miles away.

Where's pizza rat when ya need 'im?

-

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
 -

quote:
...this cheese making technology would later be usurped by the Romans and later came to be known as "Mozarella" (wolof, Moz,milk, ella, to form into loaf), enzymes from bee pollen were added to break down the lactose to enhance digestibility (Molineux, 1962)

...when the Punites neared Egypt they set up an earthen oven and cooked the teff crust pizza to perfection

-pg 164-165
Trade Along the Nile
Basil Weatherwax - 1978

Black Crystal
On permanent vacation
Member # 22903

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black Crystal         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just direct your feetza to Daddy Greens Pizza, Bruce Lee Roy!!!

-

--------------------
BC

Posts: 297 | From: Bronx | Registered: Apr 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The characters in the OP picture look like they're carrying bowls of red fruit (or something else of a reddish color) to me.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7073 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
guess what, tomatoes are a red fruit
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Cheese was made in Egypt 5,200 years ago, only 2,000 years after coastal Dalmations of Croatia.

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
yes and they were importing cocaine. That means connects in the region also brought in tomatoes from the Americas. The pizza pie symbolized the sun disk of Aten
DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Meew@Wolof: milk
Ibogi@Pirahã: milk;
Susu@Malay: milk (suckle?)

Peace Corps dictionary: biti 'to cover, wed, milk' (verb)

Possibly ~bilge (cloud.y water) which is covered.

soow 'cream, sour milk'

sour? Used also with lemon?

moca 'to suck'

Muka, mulut, mak@Malay; motla@Aztec: mother

And the Dictionnaire français-volof (1923) has
sôʋ 'milk'
méʋ 'milk (sweet and fresh)'
mûsu 'suck'
măt̤,mot̤'suck (fruit)'
nampŭ 'suck (the breast)'

I wonder about the na- prefix.
Mpu ~ mbua/mo
Cf lembu@Malay: cow

Ross Clark: "I was beginning to think the m- 'suck' words might be the source of Basil's 'moz', but I doubt it. I think he's a fabulator. Wolof has no /z/ phoneme and nobody seems to use the letter in spelling it."

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Beer & Pizza by 13ka Natufians

Liu and her research team analyzed residues from 13,000-year-old stone mortars found in the Raqefet Cave, a Natufian graveyard site located near what is now Haifa, Israel, and discovered evidence of an extensive beer-brewing operation.

"This accounts for the oldest record of man-made alcohol in the world," Liu said.

The researchers believe that the Natufians brewed beer for ritual feasts that venerated the dead.

Read more at https://archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/2018/09/new-evidence-supports-hypothesis-that.html#ftTFUqrYwOrFO46p.99

As Liu notes in the paper, the earliest bread remains to date were recently recovered from the Natufian site in east Jordan. Those could be from 11,600 to 14,600 years old. The beer finding she reports here could be from 11,700 to 13,700 years old.

Ancient beer brewing

Ancient beer is far from what we drink today. It was most likely a multi-ingredient concoction like porridge or thin gruel, said Jiajing Wang, a doctoral student in the Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures and a co-author on the paper. Wang has helped Liu research ancient alcohol since 2015 when they first looked at 5,000-year-old brews in China before turning their attention to studying the Natufian culture.

In the Raqefet Cave, Liu and Wang unearthed residual remains of starch and microscopic plant particles known as phytolith, which are typical in the transformation of wheat and barley to booze.

The researchers believe that the Natufians used a three-stage brewing process. First, starch of wheat or barley would be turned into malt. This happens by germinating the grains in water to then be drained, dried and stored. Then, the malt would be mashed and heated. Finally, it would be left to ferment with airborne wild yeast.

Read more at https://archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/2018/09/new-evidence-supports-hypothesis-that.html#ftTFUqrYwOrFO46p.99

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

DD'eDeN
Member # 21966

Rate Member
Sago palm peel & pound & sieve pith for starch flour for flat bread/pita/pan ~24ka and remaining rind/bark made with adze into bark canoe/piroge in the shape of pisang@Malay: banana or pizzle/penis/petla/post/pike. Removal of pith leaves a pit/hole/hull and a pitch/mound of flour to rinse and make pancakes.

"Pithxagro" cf !hxaro@San: bead

Very interesting match-ups.

What did Natufians 14ka call their canoes & their flat bread?

Punt? Pi(n)ta? (P)harina?
Isn't Farina an Afro-Asiatic term for flour?

Harigolu@Indic: coracle

--------------------
xyambuatlaya

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com