EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Kemet » Is it all a sham?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is it all a sham?
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's certainly all skewed.
Here's how Euro-vision is part and parcel of the hard science.
This is magnitudes worse than the rCRS for mtDNA but normal in anthropology.

"A new study of DNA from people of African descent shows just how much the reference genome is missing: Scientists found across the 910 people in their study 300 million letters of DNA that are not in the reference genome. Some of these newfound segments of DNA could represent new genes that were previously overlooked.

Africans collectively are far more genetically diverse than people in other parts of the world, so their DNA is especially likely to differ from the reference genome.

Currently, DNA sequencers work by chopping up a genome into segments that are individually “read” and then assembled like a jigsaw puzzle. Algorithms use the reference genome to tell them where to put each segment. If a new segment pops up—one that doesn’t match anything in the reference genome — the algorithms don’t know what to do.Usually, scientists ignore it."

Is that how they got GBR in Atlantic speaking Africa 1000s of years before there could possibly have been a GBR ancestry.

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for capra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The biggest contributor to the reference genome was an African-American man from Buffalo. Any individual will have structural variants that aren't in the reference genome, but of course Africans collectively have the most.

Where's this GBR in Atlantic-speaking Africans anyway?

Posts: 660 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depending how you build a reference genome.

Whatcha think about that genomic project just completed collecting samples over this past decade?

GBR; was it Busby using MALDER or GLOBETROTTER?

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capra
Member # 22737

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for capra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which one do you mean? - I can't keep track of it all. (I'm looking forward to results from the Ugandan 2000 Genomes Project.)

Oh yeah, Busby et al. In MALDER could just be a proxy for North Africans, but I have no idea why North Europeans would work better than South Europeans as haplotype donors in GLOBETROTTER.

I suspect, though this is way beyond my pay grade, that a lot of the non-specific Eurasian and Khoisan stuff is proxy for admixture between different African components that are somewhat related to them.

Anyway, Merry Christmas! I'm off to the frozen north.

Posts: 660 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
100,000 Genomes

Thx 4/t holiday greeting; returned .
tho my winter lights celeb has passed.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com