EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Kemet » Earliest Israelite pic freeflow

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Earliest Israelite pic freeflow
Tukuler
multidisciplinary Black Scholar
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After posting to tL promising to comply with
any demands when shown specifically where meant
I would erase or delete any occurancea, in
response to an 4 hr window ultimatum
(hoping it would be missed upon such short
notice not allowing for the possibility of
sleep or living a human life offline.

The vital info will be reposted here.

Subbing Archie for the long write-out
Archeopterix (however it's spelled)
seems to be a capital offense but
Archie's black baiting was fair play.

=-=-=

-

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri
Authentic Africana over race-serving ethnocentricisms, Afro, Euro, or whatever.

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tukuler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In reply to www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=008956;p=8#389

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
I'm just another point of view. What's yours? Unpublished work © 2004 - 2023 YYT al~Takruri

Posts: 8179 | From: the Tekrur straddling Senegal & Mauritania | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

The below deleted post counters modern reconstruction inaccuracies in the face of primary docs, ie, the contemporary art by eye witnesses.

www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=008956;p=8#384

=-=-=

--------------------

Tukuler
Member # 19944

The below deleted post counters modern reconstruction inaccuracies in the face of primary docs, ie, contemporaneous art by eye witnesses.

It's a reply to www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=008956;p=8#384

=-=-=

posted May 27, 2021 06:46 AM

The unreconstructed faces of men certified to be Philistine

-  -

An actual Philistine portrayed as a captive on
a tile from Medinet Habu, Palace of Ramesses III.

Boston Museum used to sell it as a bookmark.
I received a set of three as a spousal gift back
in the 1980's.

=-=-=

Previous post offers standard Eurocentric hypocrisy and supremacist paternalism.

Art is no good unless Archie posts it
and then modern reconstructions are
best?

An attitude that places a poster above and beyond
replying to the regular long standing membership
and chides the whole forum as if chasting children.

"Trying our best to indoctrinate the ignorant
savages to the standards of white civilization.
Colonizing the brain works. Colonizing the land doesn't."

-  - -  -

The very title itself announces inauthenticity. On the right is 'Lost Faces of the Bible: Delilah'.
Reminds me of a Euro-Dominican lady I know. She agrees. Hidalgo 'tude and all.

Why should two oversized faces be the last and final word of the original locked down Earliest Picture
of an Israelite thread
? They are modern, look nothing like any of the ancient art presented throughout
that thread. In fact anyone wanting to keep the discussion rolling can cut/copy from there and
go on and make a reply or brand new post right here.

--------------------

HotepBoy
On Vacation
Member # 23417

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HotepBoy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Closest people to ancient Israelites :

-

-

-

-

-

So overall close to modern samaritans and christian minorities.

Posts: 58 | From: Miami | Registered: Aug 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Just Call Me Jari-
Member # 14451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Just Call Me Jari-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel like the Samaratans and Yemeni Jews are the closest to what the ancient Israelites looked like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zloTR_N5Cys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbquJRF1pKk

Posts: 8804 | From: The fear of his majesty had entered their hearts, they were powerless | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I lean towards the original Israelites and other Bronze Age Palestinians resembling the yellow-brown "Asiatic" immigrants depicted in the Middle Kingdom tomb of Beni Hassan:
 -
The darker Asiatics (e.g. the Shashu Tukuler posted earlier), on the other hand, might represent a gradient between the former population and Nile Valley Africans.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7069 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

^ Imaginative personal feelings are fine for fantasy art & yarns, and fireside chit chat.
For even rudimentary academic discussion we rely on artifacts and primary documentation.

Shasu were north Sinai, south Israel and south Jordan inhabitants.

-

Brown-black Shasu are no less Shasu than yellow-brown Aamw of Shu ( http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=010305;p=1#000011 ff )
unless there's a priori colourism preconceptualization at work.
Joppa/Yaffa/Tel-Aviv was an Aithiopia to literary literate Roman citizens. ( http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=008446;p=5#000227 & t/Joppa thread link )

I haven't seen any GrecoLatin authors proposing any kinda 'Anatoli'
or such prime origins for Israel/Judah folk or mistaking LeukSyrians ( http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=011453#000018 and its link in passim )
for Judaeans the way they took Judaeans for Aethiopians and Egyptians.

The well known colour gradient is indeed dark to light as one travels
the Rift Valley north from Kush to Phoenicia via Red Sea, Gulf of
Aqaba, Jordan River, and on up to the Rock (Taurus Zagros Caucasus). Here's why ( https://www.google.com/search?q=site:egyptsearch.com+daryal )

Arvad is just past where the Rift ends. For whatever it's worth Massey (1881)
records AE using a colour epithet "pale degraded race of Arvad". If vetted, it
describes the colour cline's north norm where are also certain Retjenu (pale
w/fire beards) Aamw discussed last season. Why doesn't corresponding "vile
Kush" mention colour? Something's up.

=-=-=

In search of pre-"Israelites"?

Seek men wearing the forerunner of the Jewish ssiyssith.
They'll have precisely four of them dangling from a four
cornered garment wrapped around from navel almost to knee.
They appear to be the under class of their fellow Canaanites.
Kinda backs up the Israelite origins as once lowland K*na'ani
disgruntled with Egyptian hegemony over Canaan's rulers and
their consequential subservience to both.

-
Six ssiyssiyth wearers are uniformly beige. One of the two
dark ones is of higher class. The other struggles to balance
and carry a huge ornate jar with a gold wrought animal head
'cork'.

-
The Seti Book of Gates Aamw fly ssiyssiyth

-
Can only see two of his four ssissiyth

=-=-=

quote:
Originally posted by HotepBoy:

Hmm,
Levant Hazor MLBA
Levant Megiddo IBA
Levant Megiddo IA
Levant Abel IA
Levant Ashkelon IA2
as ancient Judah and Israel

Confirmation of people leaving the Rock
to enter the Levant and Mesopotamia in
[url= https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cell.2020.04.024 Agranat-Tamir et al (2020)[/url]

--------------------

Ebony Allen
Member # 12771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony Allen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Israelites were and still are black. End of story.
Posts: 603 | From: Mobile, Alabama | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

@ Ebony

Epilogue:

Do some Jewish populations harbor absorbed Israelite genes?

Would that afford them Israelite identity?

--------------------

xyyman
Member # 13597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xyyman   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure this is on point and may lend to this thread.

But doing some research I came across a Documentary on Botswana about it being one of the fastest growing economy in the world(not only in Africa) and how it has transformed itself over the last 50years from a very poor country. During the documentary it was compared to other African countries at the time. It showed the flag of Nigeria/Biafra from 1900’s to the 1960s. I was shocked to see this flag as the Nigerian flag up to the 1960’s.

I did a somewhat deep dive and learned that Judaism is a big part of West Africans in general. This Flag was flown in Nigeria BEFORE it was part of the Isreali flag.

-

--------------------
Without data you are just another person with an opinion - Deming

Posts: 12143 | From: When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tukuler
Member # 19944

Could it be British Israelite from the colonizer?

I tink Rwanda, among others, had/has a 6 pt star(s),
which ain't even particularly Hebrew and
Jews only started using it like 1000 yrs ago.
While before this millennium's Ashkenazification,
the Seven Branched Menorah was the universal logo
of `Am Yisra'el.

--------------------

Big O
N/A
Member # 23467

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big O   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BrandonP:
Personally, I lean towards the original Israelites and other Bronze Age Palestinians resembling the yellow-brown "Asiatic" immigrants depicted in the Middle Kingdom tomb of Beni Hassan:
 -
The darker Asiatics (e.g. the Shashu Tukuler posted earlier), on the other hand, might represent a gradient between the former population and Nile Valley Africans.

The Isrealites were nothing more than Egyptian migrants who moved into the Levant. They held their own basal state in proximity to Kemet. That being said I wouldn't see the Isrealites as anything different than Black Egyptians of the time.

I personally believe that these Isrealites/Egyptian migrants fled to the Americas and West Africa to escape persecution once the Dynasty's collapsed.

I really don't get the obsession with trying to insert mixed race individuals into the picture. Especially given the attitudes that Egyptians had towards non African people. They were considered savages worthy of nothing more than a concubine position. Non Blacks NEVER held the title of pharaoh during the native period. It would be like how Black people today would always reject Eminem being considered any sort of king of our hiphop culture that we created.

--------------------
N/A

Posts: 266 | From: N/A | Registered: Sep 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big O
N/A
Member # 23467

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big O   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by xyyman:
Not sure this is on point and may lend to this thread.

But doing some research I came across a Documentary on Botswana about it being one of the fastest growing economy in the world(not only in Africa) and how it has transformed itself over the last 50years from a very poor country. During the documentary it was compared to other African countries at the time. It showed the flag of Nigeria/Biafra from 1900’s to the 1960s. I was shocked to see this flag as the Nigerian flag up to the 1960’s.

I did a somewhat deep dive and learned that Judaism is a big part of West Africans in general. This Flag was flown in Nigeria BEFORE it was part of the Isreali flag.

-

WOOOW just I like said, they fled into parts of West Africa as well.

-

--------------------
N/A

Posts: 266 | From: N/A | Registered: Sep 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ish Geber
Member # 18264

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ish Geber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HotepBoy:

-

-

-

-

-

These results are not shocking, since we know that small component of 3% introgression of a certain component in them migrated to these other places.

quote:
For a more scientific take on the Jewish origin debate, recent DNA analysis of Ashkenazic Jews – a Jewish ethnic group – revealed that their maternal line is European. It has also been found that their DNA only has 3% ancient ancestry which links them with the Eastern Mediterranean (also known as the Middle East) – namely Israel, Lebanon, parts of Syria, and western Jordan. This is the part of the world Jewish people are said to have originally come from – according to the Old Testament. But 3% is a minuscule amount, and similar to what modern Europeans as a whole share with Neanderthals. So given that the genetic ancestry link is so low, Ashkenazic Jews’ most recent ancestors must be from elsewhere.
(Eran Elhaik, September 5, 2018 7.25am EDT, theconversation.com)

https://theconversation.com/ashkenazic-jews-mysterious-origins-unravelled-by-scientists-thanks-to-ancient-dna-97962

Posts: 22234 | From: האם אינכם כילדי הכרית אלי בני ישראל | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com