EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Kemet » report says Oprah Winfrey pitched Mitt Romney on a unity presidential ticket

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: report says Oprah Winfrey pitched Mitt Romney on a unity presidential ticket
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/romney-book-claims-oprah-floated-rather-insane-way-to-defeat-trump-in-2020

TV royalty Oprah Winfrey was willing to think far outside the box to ensure Donald Trump didn’t win re-election in 2020, according to a forthcoming book on Sen. Mitt Romney (R-UT). In a preview of the book, obtained by Axios, Romney told author McKay Coppins that Winfrey proposed running with him on a bipartisan unity ticket to defeat Trump. It’s unclear who would have been president and vice president on the ticket, and Romney told Coppins he dismissed the idea as he feared it would inadvertently boost Trump’s chances. A source familiar with Winfrey’s thinking told Axios she was never serious about running, yet speculation was rife in the lead up to 2020 that she might enter the race.

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/oprah-winfrey-mitt-romney-president-2020-trump-campaign/

A source told Axios that Winfrey "was never serious about running" for president, even though some close to her encouraged it.

Winfrey, a Democrat, eventually made it clear on 60 Minutes in 2018 that she would not make a run for the White House.

"I had a lot of wealthy men calling, telling me that they would run my campaign and raise $1 billion for me," she told 60 Minutes Overtime. "I am actually humbled by the fact that people think that I could be a leader of the free world, but it's just not in my spirit. . . it's not in my DNA."

^^ that 60 minutes interview was 2018, she may have changed her mind in 2020 when pitching the idea to Romney.

Orpah would have been much more popular than Kamala Harris
However 2020 was Trump vs Biden
If Romney had entered with Oprah they may have gotten votes but if not enough to win could have taken democratic party votes away from Biden such that Trump might have won as Romney predicted (who did not run at all in that election period)

Posts: 42922 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not surprised lol.
Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the lioness,     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/politics-news/oprah-winfrey-disputes-mitt-romney-claim-2020-election-ticket-1235620134/

Oprah Winfrey Disputes Mitt Romney’s Claim that She Asked to Join Him on a Unity Presidential Ticket
Romney claims in a new biography that Winfrey called and asked him to join her on a 2020 presidential ticket. Winfrey says that isn't so.

A spokesperson for Winfrey tells The Hollywood Reporter that, despite a claim in a new book, Winfrey was never considering a run for president in 2020 and did not ask Romney to join her on a ticket.

“In November 2019, Ms. Winfrey called Senator Romney to encourage him to run on an Independent ticket,” the spokesperson says. “She was not calling to be part of the ticket and was never considering running herself.”

Posts: 42922 | From: , | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pales compared to other recent backroom stuff in black news, like Henry Gates getting exposed in Sony leak for giving special treatment to Affleck 🤡.
Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
Make a thread (but isn't that a 2015 story?)
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2015 news old? Patrisse Cullors then. Or the gift that keeps on giving.. Jada and Will. ← This Oprah stuff isn't that.

Point is, this is actually a good look if this is all they can find on her, with all the other crazy leaks.

(Not saying this light stuff vouches for her, or something. Don't know her like that).

Posts: 8785 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why is this news surprising considering that Romney serves the same people as Obama??
Posts: 26246 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
who does Romney serve?
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Djehuti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Romney is a prominent Mormon and the Mormon Church leaders serve the same cabal as Obama does.

That you are unaware of the cabal that attempts to control the globe is part of the problem.

--------------------
Mahirap gisingin ang nagtutulog-tulugan.

Posts: 26246 | From: Atlanta, Georgia, USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Djehuti:
Romney is a prominent Mormon and the Mormon Church leaders serve the same cabal as Obama does.

That you are unaware of the cabal that attempts to control the globe is part of the problem.

what sources do you recommend for further information on this cabal?
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ I suggest you read or look up Professor Carrol Quigley the mentor of Bill Clinton who bragged about serving the cabal; Anthony C. Sutton's works on those who control Wall Street; Professor Walter Veith on those who controll the U.N. not to mention Dr. Mumbi Seraki of Kenya who used to work for the U.N.; Fritz Springmeier, Peter Levenda, Pastor James Manning, Pastor John Torell, and these are the only ones I can think of at the moment.

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
the cabal that attempts to control the globe is part of the problem.

These are some of the most powerful militaries in the world:

United States
Russia
China
India
United Kingdom
South Korea
Pakistan
Japan
France
Italy
Turkey

Which of these countries does the cabal control?

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the hell is the cabal?
Posts: 1891 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ The Cabal is just one of the names those who seek to dominate the world. They have other names like the Illuminati, the Globalist Elite, the Masters of the World, etc. They are the ones behind all the economic upheavals, wars and conflicts and global criminality i.e. drug, weapon, and human trafficking.

quote:
Originally posted by the lioness,:

United States
Russia
China
India
United Kingdom
South Korea
Pakistan
Japan
France
Italy
Turkey

ALL of them but by different degrees of control some more so and some less than others. For example Russia and China were made into 'shell' countries for their total control via communism but now the leaders of those nations are rebelling against them especially Russia. Though China still acquiesces in terms of manufacturing and technological control. The United Kingdom is one of their main headquarters and in particular their financial hub with Lombard Street (the British Wall Street) being a major banker (outside of Switzerland). The United States is used for our military mainly through the Pentagon. Turkey is divided between the Islamists and the Donmeh who run the military-- the former are part of the Cabal. The other countries are vassals to the other bigger powers. India was allied with the U.S. until our state became weakened. It's all a game of chess to the Cabal but even they have enemies.

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
^ The Cabal is just one of the names those who seek to dominate the world. They have other names like the Illuminati, the Globalist Elite, the Masters of the World, etc. They are the ones behind all the economic upheavals, wars and conflicts and global criminality i.e. drug, weapon, and human trafficking.

the word cabal is more specific than "elite". " "masters of the world" etc. since
the word is derived from is derived from Kabbalah the Jewish mystical system it connotes a Jewish elite.

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:

quote:
[qb]

United States
Russia
China
India
United Kingdom
South Korea
Pakistan
Japan
France
Italy
Turkey

ALL of them but by different degrees of control some more so and some less than others. For example Russia and China were made into 'shell' countries for their total control via communism but now the leaders of those nations are rebelling against them especially Russia. Though China still acquiesces in terms of manufacturing and technological control. The United Kingdom is one of their main headquarters and in particular their financial hub with Lombard Street (the British Wall Street) being a major banker (outside of Switzerland).
So a secret Communist group of bankers headquartered in London engineered the Russian and Chinese Communist revolutions but Putin and Xi Jinping are resisting their control.
What is one of the names of one of these people in London trying to control things now?

Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
@Djehuti

I mean... The elites in different countries always had their own selfish agendas and view the masses as pawns, and even have the same agenda as other elites in different countries but this whole small group of "masters of the world" that have some type of omnipotent-like control around the globe I can't get behind. But to each their own.

zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
the cabal that attempts to control the globe is part of the problem.

United States
Russia
China
India
United Kingdom
South Korea
Pakistan
Japan
France
Italy
Turkey

In what way are Japan and South Korea among the
world's most powerful militaries? I can see
Pakistan in terms of its access to nukes. But if
this is the case then Israel which also has nukes
should join the power rangers club.

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

For example Russia and China were made into 'shell' countries for their total control via communism but now the leaders of those nations are rebelling against them especially Russia. Though China still acquiesces in terms of manufacturing and technological control. The United Kingdom is one of their main headquarters and in particular their financial hub with Lombard Street (the British Wall Street) being a major banker (outside of Switzerland). The United States is used for our military mainly through the Pentagon. Turkey is divided between the Islamists and the Donmeh who run the military-- the former are part of the Cabal. The other countries are vassals to the other bigger powers. India was allied with the U.S. until our state became weakened. It's all a game of chess to the Cabal but even they have enemies.

I am not on board with more extreme versions of a central cabal-
but I can see the possibility of an influential group of interlocking
elites in the Western world and allied Asian venues, in government,
media and business exercising some influence.

If what you say is true, then can some conflicts be seen then as
"controlled opposition" where the cabal of putative e-leets
manipulates both sides to fulfill their agendas?

And how does manipulation of currency figure into the equation?

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by zarahan aka Enrique In what way are Japan and South Korea among the
world's most powerful militaries? I can see
Pakistan in terms of its access to nukes. But if
this is the case then Israel which also has nukes
should join the power rangers club.

https://www.businessinsider.in/defense/ranked-the-worlds-20-strongest-militaries/slidelist/51930339.cms#slideid=51930362

Home›Military & Defense›RANKED: The World's 20 Strongest Militaries

7) South Korea
Budget: $62.3 billion
Active frontline personnel: 624,465
Tanks: 2,381
Total aircraft: 1,412
Submarines: 13

South Korea has been left with little choice but to have a large and capable military in the face of potential North Korean aggression. With those realities in mind, South Korea has a number of submarines, attack helicopters, and active personnel.

The country also has numerous tanks and the sixth largest air force in the world.

4) Japan
Budget: $41.6 billion
Active frontline personnel: 247,173
Tanks: 678
Total aircraft: 1,613
Submarines: 16

In absolute terms, the Japanese military is relatively small. Nonetheless, the country is extremely well equipped.

According to Credit Suisse, it has the fourth largest submarine fleet in the list. Japan also has four aircraft carriers, although these vessels are only equipped with helicopter fleets.

Japan also has the fourth largest attack helicopter fleet behind China, Russia, and the US.

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:

the word cabal is more specific than "elite". " "masters of the world" etc. since
the word is derived from is derived from Kabbalah the Jewish mystical system it connotes a Jewish elite.

That the elite are Jewish is a common misconception stemming from the fact that they are involved in Gnostic beliefs and concepts that are related to kabbalah indeed using certain kabbalistic tools and concepts but they are NOT Jewish though they do have allies who are satanic Jews whom they use as sword and shield which they then pin on the Jewish people. The ruling elite families are of largely Germanic and Italian (Roman) descent.
quote:

So a secret Communist group of bankers headquartered in London engineered the Russian and Chinese Communist revolutions but Putin and Xi Jinping are resisting their control.
What is one of the names of one of these people in London trying to control things now?

Again you don't properly read what is posted. This group uses communism as one of their tools just as capitalism with the banking system. London is just a banking headquarters used since the time of the British Empire. The Vatican is their religious headquarters probably since the time of the Holy Roman Empire. And the U.S. Pentagon is their military headquarters probably since World War I. I don't know where their central headquarters is (if they even have one) but I suspect it is in Switzerland. Putin is doing more to resist them than Xi since the former is allowing the Orthodox Church more influence while trying to increase Russian economic production for its citizens as well as Russian gold. China is still promoting communist atheistic values and degrades its citizens using them for labor to make cheap products while keeping them under a virtual surveillance system that's being used as a model for their masters.

As far as names go of certain individuals, one is King Charles III whose family name 'Windsor' is not their real name but Saxe-Coburg of the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha clan of Germany. The Rockefeller and Busch families are their vassals.

Another family name is the Castros who own most of California as well as parts of Latin America including Cuba and Mexico. The Castros are not originally Spanish but descend from the Italian Duchy of Castro and is a branch of the Farnese Family.

--------------------

Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by zarahan aka Enrique Cardova:

I am not on board with more extreme versions of a central cabal-
but I can see the possibility of an influential group of interlocking
elites in the Western world and allied Asian venues, in government,
media and business exercising some influence.

If what you say is true, then can some conflicts be seen then as
"controlled opposition" where the cabal of putative e-leets
manipulates both sides to fulfill their agendas?

And how does manipulation of currency figure into the equation?

What you describe is exactly what I'm saying. They desire to be a centralized power but there are warring factions of the global elites. Unfortunately the factions are getting smaller in number due to consolidation/conquest. These elites are predominantly Wester (European) but there are a few factions in Asia.

--------------------

Member # 15718

What books can you recommend on the topic? The idea of battling
factions and cliques makes more sense to me than say one centralized secret council someplace.

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

That the elite are Jewish is a common misconception stemming from the fact that they are involved in Gnostic beliefs and concepts that are related to kabbalah indeed using certain kabbalistic tools and concepts but they are NOT Jewish though they do have allies who are satanic Jews whom they use as sword and shield which they then pin on the Jewish people. The ruling elite families are of largely Germanic and Italian (Roman) descent.
quote:

Again you don't properly read what is posted. This group uses communism as one of their tools just as capitalism with the banking system. London is just a banking headquarters used since the time of the British Empire. The Vatican is their religious headquarters probably since the time of the Holy Roman Empire. And the U.S. Pentagon is their military headquarters probably since World War I. I don't know where their central headquarters is (if they even have one) but I suspect it is in Switzerland. Putin is doing more to resist them than Xi since the former is allowing the Orthodox Church more influence while trying to increase Russian economic production for its citizens as well as Russian gold. China is still promoting communist atheistic values and degrades its citizens using them for labor to make cheap products while keeping them under a virtual surveillance system that's being used as a model for their masters.

As far as names go of certain individuals, one is King Charles III whose family name 'Windsor' is not their real name but Saxe-Coburg of the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha clan of Germany. The Rockefeller and Busch families are their vassals.

Another family name is the Castros who own most of California as well as parts of Latin America including Cuba and Mexico. The Castros are not originally Spanish but descend from the Italian Duchy of Castro and is a branch of the Farnese Family.

It's disappointing to hear you, who has the ability to make reasonable arguments in African history and genetics to be spouting on this QAnon-ish conspiratorial nonsense, linking together stuff that has no link into a big random soup
Djehuti
Member # 6698

Rate Member
^ No what's disappointing is that the majority of people like you are ignoramuses who espouse the same talking points that the Cabal puts out through their media elites like "Q-anon" which happens to be one of their controlled oppositions. Everything I said is historical fact confirmed by many books and papers from not just independent journalists and scholars but from insiders themselves. I already cited Professor Carroll Quigley who spilled the beans in his book Tragedy and Hope which came out 1966. Is he part of Q-anon as well? Just face the fact, that you know nothing about what is really going on politically.

This is why you don't know that Oprah Winfrey is a pawn of the CFR the same way Michelle Obama is and that they are just the black faces of the white supremacist oligarchs.

Joe Biden himself is a parkinson's diseases ridden puppet installed in the White House.

--------------------

the lioness,
Member # 17353

Rate Member
quote:
[QB] ^ No what's disappointing is that the majority of people like you are ignoramuses who espouse the same talking points that the Cabal

"the Cabal" ?

"the" ??

name some people who are current leaders of this cabal please
otherwise it's uselessly vague

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
I didn't comment so far because I haven't looked into it.

But a couple of days ago, this interview dropped. I'm well aware of the interviewee (as well of the interviewer) dubious reputation in some ways, but I decided to watch it, to stay on top of recent news (e.g. USA congressional hearing on illegal black budgets and alleged alien tech as well as Twitter/Musk leaks showing US intelligence services attempts tried to control public opinion through social media)

Throughout the interview, the guest talks about entrenched gov and non-gov groups operating behind the scenes w/ long term agendas. Make up your own mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPQjLykAjC8

Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^ No what's disappointing is that the majority of people like you are ignoramuses who espouse the same talking points that the Cabal puts out through their media elites like "Q-anon" which happens to be one of their controlled oppositions. Everything I said is historical fact confirmed by many books and papers from not just independent journalists and scholars but from insiders themselves. I already cited Professor Carroll Quigley who spilled the beans in his book Tragedy and Hope which came out 1966. Is he part of Q-anon as well? Just face the fact, that you know nothing about what is really going on politically.

This is why you don't know that Oprah Winfrey is a pawn of the CFR the same way Michelle Obama is and that they are just the black faces of the white supremacist oligarchs.

Joe Biden himself is a parkinson's diseases ridden puppet installed in the White House.

While I do believe it to be obvious that there is at least one group of people who tend to run things behind the scenes, I'm also aware of the fact that it isn't one group. I can't give many details yet, but it's safe to say there are powerful people not aligned or grouped by nation nor religion with unimaginable resources but operate with competing interests. Cracks in many of their operations are more frequent now than ever, the first red flag was Russo-Ukraine the next was the recent and ongoing Genocide, The third and maybe biggest red flag in Russia's actions towards a certain country committing the genocide which may lead to another nation getting their second in just a little over a century. And If you aren't aware of what's going on over there then one must ask why the lowly ranked (by ESG) X/twitter platform is the probably the only reason people in the free world got wind of the truth behind IDF mobilization.
Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ES is not a place I'm comfortable discussing politics (outside of those affecting anthropology, historiography and other topics we're interested in), since many of my positions on political issues would conflict with those of other posters here, even the ones whom I respect for the anthropological or historical knowledge they have shared here. Even now, I'm not terribly interested in a political back-and-forth with anyone else here. But if anyone on ES happens to be curious as how I see these issues...

I'm not a fan of most conspiracy theories. Rich and powerful people with outsized political and economic influence exist for sure, and they really are intent on preserving their power and privilege as much as they can as well as making themselves (and their shareholders) even richer and more powerful. I doubt they constitute a singular cabal with a shared goal so much as a cutthroat medley of competing interests. A more unified "cabal" could eventually emerge given how you see all these mega-corporations already swallowing up one another, but even these tend to care more about enriching their executive leadership and their shareholders than anything else.

Furthermore, most of these guys operate as much right under our noses as they do behind the scenes. It's no secret that all the shit going on in the Congo has to do with obtaining resources for the Global North. That stuff only persists because the industries that benefit from this exploitation, and the governments they influence through lobbying, have way more power and influence than anyone who could stop it. Furthermore, the average voter has enough problems in their personal lives to juggle without worrying themselves about nationwide issues, let alone international ones, and all they can really do is rant about those issues on social media or hope the politicians they vote for actually care about their electorate more than their lobbyists. This voter powerlessness allows those at the top of the hierarchy to get away with a lot of shit without needing to hide it.

On the other hand, you absolutely do have wealthy financiers manipulating public opinion by funding think tanks, news organizations, and other places where people might look for information on important issues. Sometimes they even fabricate whole grassroots movements to make their agenda seem more credible (this is what we call astroturfing). And then, of course, there's the state propaganda you see regimes like China, North Korea, Russia, Israel, and even the US churn out. The very real existence of those phenomena is one factor explaining why conspiracism has become rampant nowadays, even though many of the hucksters peddling such conspiracy theories have the same agendas or the same political slant as the elites who come closest to actually ruling the world. In some cases, they're actually influenced by the elite forces they claim to oppose.

Look at the fossil fuel industry funding denial of anthropogenic climate change while claiming the climatologists are all lying about it, or the QAnon wackos who tried to take over the government on behalf of Donald Drumpf on 1/6/21. That isn't to say there aren't corrupt Democrats as well, as many of the centrist ones like Biden and the Clintons would sooner listen to corporate lobbyists than the electorate they claim to champion. But I'm sorry to say that some of the rightward-leaning conspiracy theories that I see pop up from time to time on this forum do little more than obfuscate the real evils ailing the world.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7072 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmaestro
Member # 22566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elmaestro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BrandonP:
ES is not a place I'm comfortable discussing politics (outside of those affecting anthropology, historiography and other topics we're interested in), since many of my positions on political issues would conflict with those of other posters here, even the ones whom I respect for the anthropological or historical knowledge they have shared here. Even now, I'm not terribly interested in a political back-and-forth with anyone else here. But if anyone on ES happens to be curious as how I see these issues...

I'm not a fan of most conspiracy theories. Rich and powerful people with outsized political and economic influence exist for sure, and they really are intent on preserving their power and privilege as much as they can as well as making themselves (and their shareholders) even richer and more powerful. I doubt they constitute a singular cabal with a shared goal so much as a cutthroat medley of competing interests. A more unified "cabal" could eventually emerge given how you see all these mega-corporations already swallowing up one another, but even these tend to care more about enriching their executive leadership and their shareholders than anything else.

Furthermore, most of these guys operate as much right under our noses as they do behind the scenes. It's no secret that all the shit going on in the Congo has to do with obtaining resources for the Global North. That stuff only persists because the industries that benefit from this exploitation, and the governments they influence through lobbying, have way more power and influence than anyone who could stop it. Furthermore, the average voter has enough problems in their personal lives to juggle without worrying themselves about nationwide issues, let alone international ones, and all they can really do is rant about those issues on social media or hope the politicians they vote for actually care about their electorate more than their lobbyists. This voter powerlessness allows those at the top of the hierarchy to get away with a lot of shit without needing to hide it.

On the other hand, you absolutely do have wealthy financiers manipulating public opinion by funding think tanks, news organizations, and other places where people might look for information on important issues. Sometimes they even fabricate whole grassroots movements to make their agenda seem more credible (this is what we call astroturfing). And then, of course, there's the state propaganda you see regimes like China, North Korea, Russia, Israel, and even the US churn out. The very real existence of those phenomena is one factor explaining why conspiracism has become rampant nowadays, even though many of the hucksters peddling such conspiracy theories have the same agendas or the same political slant as the elites who come closest to actually ruling the world. In some cases, they're actually influenced by the elite forces they claim to oppose.

Look at the fossil fuel industry funding denial of anthropogenic climate change while claiming the climatologists are all lying about it, or the QAnon wackos who tried to take over the government on behalf of Donald Drumpf on 1/6/21. That isn't to say there aren't corrupt Democrats as well, as many of the centrist ones like Biden and the Clintons would sooner listen to corporate lobbyists than the electorate they claim to champion. But I'm sorry to say that some of the rightward-leaning conspiracy theories that I see pop up from time to time on this forum do little more than obfuscate the real evils ailing the world.

Well if that's how you wanna put it.... Follow the money until you get to a big cooperation. Then follow the money again.
For example, your example, the Congo, look up Gécamines or Ivanhoe. Look at the investors, then look at who invests in the investors(you'll quickly reach a terminal). Then look up who determines how viable a company is to invest in in the first place (example ESG scores). Abstract concepts like "the deep state" are no longer underground or even abstract for that matter. They're mainstream and an accepted reality now. But the full on details in terms of "mission objective" and who is or is not a part of them, isn't so clear, yet.

Posts: 1781 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Elmaestro:
Well if that's how you wanna put it.... Follow the money until you get to a big cooperation. Then follow the money again.
For example, your example, the Congo, look up Gécamines or Ivanhoe. Look at the investors, then look at who invests in the investors(you'll quickly reach a terminal). Then look up who determines how viable a company is to invest in in the first place (example ESG scores). Abstract concepts like "the deep state" are no longer underground or even abstract for that matter. They're mainstream and an accepted reality now. But the full on details in terms of "mission objective" and who is or is not a part of them, isn't so clear, yet.

The corporate lobbying I mentioned earlier as well as the whole military-industrial complex would be more examples of the open secrets that our political leadership slips by under our noses, no matter how corporate media or government official statements might attempt to hide them. I don't think anyone who pays attention to politics believes for a moment that many or even most politicians on both sides of the aisle give a damn about anything other than power and money. Idealists like Bernie Sanders and AOC are at most a minority in Washington, and even I can't be 100% confident that they're immune to self-serving lobbyists' manipulations.

Even the infamous QAnon talking point about Satanic pedophiles is simply an exaggeration of a real trend. They probably don't literally worship Satan, but so many dudes across the global upper class appear to have this weird fetish for teenage girls, as well as disregarding women's consent in general (both Drumpf and Sleepy Joe have been implicated in sexual assault charges). No wonder Epstein enjoyed as many connections as he did. It's undeniably prevalent enough among politicians across the spectrum (as well as Hollywood moguls and other tycoons) that the "Epstein didn't kill himself" conspiracy theory had bipartisan appeal.

Again, I don't care for most conspiracy theories, but the pervasive conspiracism we're seeing these days does exploit real anxieties and real frustrations with the state of the world.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7072 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com