EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Kemet » INDIA is HELL For PASSPORT BROS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: INDIA is HELL For PASSPORT BROS
Firewall
Member # 20331

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Firewall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out this Somali man in india.

INDIA is HELL For PASSPORT BROS
 -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQVHd8pyLj0

Posts: 2587 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Podcast host talking at the end seems way too surprised for someone his age. As a black man of a certain age, your mind should already be trained that this can happen, and that this can happen anywhere.

This is why I like watching true crime channels every once in a while. You have to know what to do in certain situations and train your mind. He should have left his table at the first sign of bs and left them hanging. Not out of fear (it wasn't that serious, anyway), but to protect his peace of mind. You have to leave that situation with some strength or you're going to be rethinking that situation the rest of your vacation.

On another note, in some other African-Indian news... Recently I saw anti-French Mali/Sahel protestors wave Indian flags. That caught me so off guard... I had to do the eye rub.

-

I thought those colors better be Irish flags. I rather there not be any flags (history has shown me that black ppl do not have friends among nations). But Indian?

Posts: 8796 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "passport bros" are the guys who look for love overseas out of a belief that Western women are too "corrupt"or "undesirable" (read insubordinate), aren't that? I don't defend the Afrophobic racism this man experienced in India, but I must admit that dudes with the "passport bro" mentality like him aren't what I consider very sympathetic.

--------------------
Brought to you by Brandon S. Pilcher

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7192 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would never travel to India. No offense.
Posts: 1907 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BrandonP   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went there on a family trip as a kid. We never had any problems with the locals, but I remember it mainly for the bad case of diarrhea I caught on it. On the plus side, we did get to see Asiatic lions in the Gir Forest, which was kinda cool. I don't know if we ever saw any Bengal tigers on out trip though.

--------------------

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Posts: 7192 | From: Fallbrook, CA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askia_The_Great     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Swenet:

On another note, in some other African-Indian news... Recently I saw anti-French Mali/Sahel protestors wave Indian flags. That caught me so off guard... I had to do the eye rub.

-

I thought those colors better be Irish flags. I rather there not be any flags (history has shown me that black ppl do not have friends among nations). But Indian? [/QB]

You joking right? Cuz WOW... lol

Edit: Thats the Niger flag dude.

Posts: 1907 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BrandonP
Member # 3735

quote:
Originally posted by Askia_The_Great:

Edit: Thats the Niger flag dude.

Makes sense, but you gotta admit their flags look awfully similar.

Niger
 -

India
 -

--------------------

My art thread on ES

And my books thread

Swenet
Member # 17303

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked at some Nigerien flags and it does make sense.

But if you look at the image I linked to in my previous post (reposted below), the pale and peachy band of orange at the top is more typical of Indian flags than it is of Nigerien flags (google and see for yourself that Nigerien flags typically have a darker band of orange there; although some Indian flags also have a darker band, so there is some overlap).

-  -

Even now, knowing that they meant Niger, my conditioned eyes still see Indian colors, not Nigerien colors, because of what I've just mentioned.

Still, I hold the L for not being on top of my facts.

Posts: 8796 | From: Discovery Channel's Mythbusters | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askia_The_Great
Administrator
Member # 22000

Member Rated:
^^Thats an understandable mistake.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com