EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Safety in Cairo (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Safety in Cairo
sprkle
Member # 4032

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for sprkle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

Due to the current crisis in Iraq. Are there safety concerns about traveling to Cairo at this particular time? And especially for a female?

Sprkle

Posts: 13 | From: orlando, fl | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
did you hear about anything happening DURING the war?

so what would be the problem now?

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiggleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
did you hear about anything happening DURING the war?

so what would be the problem now?

Come on! Sarcasm is not nice. It was a reasonable question, plenty of people have worries. Nothing against Egypt. Just bad memories linger...remember Luxor??

Posts: 293 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sallyally
Member # 3426

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sallyally     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am female and I live alone in Cairo. I feel much safer here than I do when in Canada. And, in my opinion, Canada is generally much, much safer than the regions of the United States that I have visited. Given the current situation in Iraq, it is difficult to say what will happen tomorrow. But, for now I think that the biggest safety concern in Egypt (for me, at least) is the driving conditions.
Posts: 86 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sprkle
Member # 4032

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sprkle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gigglegirl and SallyAlly for your help. I guess I should be more concerned about the ignorance that comes from people such as ExptinCAI than anything else.

Posts: 13 | From: orlando, fl | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timbuctoo
Member # 440

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for timbuctoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only danger worth your worry is trying to cross the road. To ensure your safety, side up to a street-savy local and tail them as they scuttle across the street!
Posts: 266 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sallyally
Member # 3426

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sallyally     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by timbuctoo:
The only danger worth your worry is trying to cross the road. To ensure your safety, side up to a street-savy local and tail them as they scuttle across the street!

Exactly!!

Posts: 86 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry giggle for the sarcasm...though i'm not sure what was ignorant about my post (?).

i'm just fed up with such questions as it tends to be asked when people see anything within a 2,000 mile radius of egypt on the news or just the word "middle east" and think the entire area is somehow unsafe.

sorry sprkle. i guess it's the same as i read about german tourists being killed in florida and asked if it was safe for me to visit montreal.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sprkle
Member # 4032

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for sprkle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the apology ExptinCAI. I've never traveled abroad and I'm a military spouse. My significant other wants me to meet him in Cairo but I've never been out of the states. Very excited but maybe it's the fear of traveling out of the country alone and being a female.

Any advice?

Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi sprkle,

I just noticed you are in Orlando! WOWOW my old 'hometown' yeahhhhh

I have been in Egypt now for 2 years and if it is of any comfort to you, know that I feel a million times safer here in Egypt...and I mean ANYWHERE here in Egypt in comparison to Orlando.

Wish you the best!
Laura

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

That was funny! (Montreal/Florida)

I have a world map on my wall, and it does help, believe me people: if you look at where Iraq is located, then you look at where occupied Palestine is located, you will see that the latter is so much closer to Egypt than Iraq is...and yet the war has been going on for over 50 years around occupied Palestine ~ which is very close to Jordan, and if you are in Amman, Jordan you can see Palestine from the top of a mountain, and it is way closer to it than it is to Egypt, still safe!

Egypt is SAFE.....please believe me!!!!

quote:

sorry sprkle. i guess it's the same as i read about german tourists being killed in florida and asked if it was safe for me to visit montreal.

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 15 April 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

quote:
Originally posted by sprkle:
Thanks for the apology ExptinCAI. I've never traveled abroad and I'm a military spouse. My significant other wants me to meet him in Cairo but I've never been out of the states. Very excited but maybe it's the fear of traveling out of the country alone and being a female.

Any advice?

well...cairo is nothing like the english patient...and you'll either love it or hate it.

i would recommend that you take a flight via europe and have 1-2 day layover...Egypt is going to be a culture shock for sure if you've never been outside the States..you might want to take a small step first. Plus, easier on the jet lag if you do a sleep over in Europe first.

as far as Cairo... it's dirty, dusty, crowded, polluted, magical, charming, graceful, and pulsing with life and laughter.

some people would use all the adjectives, others pick out only a few to describe it. practically...

1/ bring loose clothing and cover up because you will be stared at just because you look different (and if you're covered up you will feel more confident to know it's just your hair/complexion, etc and you just look "exotic") but... bring a going-out outfit you'd also wear at home clubbing. Since yr husband knows Cairo, he'll probably take you to the restaurants in 5-star hotels or equivalent popular with expats, and foreign women tend to dress differently if they're stepping in/out of car to go out than if they're going to be taking taxis/walking a lot in public places/street.

3/ don't beat yourself up if you get a craving for a hamburger...you don't have to experience everything new all at once...but be sure you also try some local cuisine.

4/ try to see a variety of lifestyles...ie visit a popular cafe to see how middle/upper class lives... and not just assume the entire country consists of taxi-drivers and the guys at the pyramids trying to sell you overpriced trinkets.

have fun!

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

as far as Cairo... it's dirty, dusty, crowded, polluted, magical, charming, graceful, and pulsing with life and laughter.

True!

And between 3 am and 5:30 am it is quiet, and beautiful and peaceful too! And you can still find a coffee shop that would welcome you, then!

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sprkle
Member # 4032

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for sprkle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, it's sounds wonderful. Thanks for all the insight ExptinCAI. Everyone has been so helpful. Another thing what type of covering should I have? Should it be a full body or just a head wrap?

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

nooooo.....be yourself...just...if you're britney spears at home...well, wear something that "flows" on you instead.

my advice generally is to buy a few linen shirts in XL or L and wear them as "jackets" in hot weather over a t-shirt. you'll quickly pick up when you can take off your "jacket" and when you should button it up. don't wear shorts or skirts (but not jeans either which can be too hot) but opt for linen pants (which you can always pick up at marshalls, ross, or one of those discount chain stores for $10-15 on a sale).

and sorry if i was agressive before...it's all this freakin' political stuff that got me wound up....i'll avoid it from now on, as i've done in the past

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
True!

And between 3 am and 5:30 am it is quiet, and beautiful and peaceful too! And you can still find a coffee shop that would welcome you, then!

oh, you know...i never did this while i lived in cairo and had a full-time job because it's such a luxury on time....only when i had that blissful 3-month sabbatical...but... my favorite thing was to get up in the winter, grab my camera and tripod at 5am, and find a taxi to take me to the hill right above the khan, overlooking the city of the dead..and photograph the sunrise over the minarettes and graves. it was soooo quiet, except for the few coffee shops that were closing DOWN for the "night."

after the every-day living, the only thing that came close is the hush that comes over the city btw 4.45pm-5.30pm at ramadan...everything is quiet, deserted, and you can drive like the devil and get from the pyramids to downtown in 15 minutes flat

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Yes, that's the peaceful feeling I meant...and the roads are so different, and you can even enjoy the scenery since no cars are interfering and no frustrations...

I really love that early time of the day in Cairo...never thought of waking up or staying up that way, in any other city!

Theres' a café in Heliopolis called Harris Café, you can have the best coffee there...and listen to music, or to the call for prayers at one point...which in itself regardless of religion, is connected to the exotic sounds of Cairo, fabulously unique!

An amateur photographer myself, I know what you're talking about!

Can't wait to go back!

Salam for now!
Monica

quote:

oh, you know...i never did this while i lived in cairo and had a full-time job because it's such a luxury on time....only when i had that blissful 3-month sabbatical...but... my favorite thing was to get up in the winter, grab my camera and tripod at 5am, and find a taxi to take me to the hill right above the khan, overlooking the city of the dead..and photograph the sunrise over the minarettes and graves. it was soooo quiet, except for the few coffee shops that were closing DOWN for the "night."

after the every-day living, the only thing that came close is the hush that comes over the city btw 4.45pm-5.30pm at ramadan...everything is quiet, deserted, and you can drive like the devil and get from the pyramids to downtown in 15 minutes flat

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member

Harris cafe, Heliopolis /Korba/ Cairo Egypt

People drinking Coffee safely in Cairo

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 18 April 2004).]

Basmalah
Member # 3783

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Basmalah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys are making me 'homesick'! Every time I set foot on Cairo ground all the stress and problems just fall off my back...
When I'm in Cairo it's usually in my holiday's so i can stay up very late... and like Monica and ExptinCa wrote.. it's so beautiful early in the morning! Such a peace, and almost never cold (when ur used to the Dutch weather) I always sit out on the balcony and just breathe the air! And preferable with the call of prayers on the background! A person can't get more happy at such a moment

I really miss Cairo when i'm talking about it this way! Like exptinca wrote here somewhere... Either you love Cairo or you hate it... And I'm on off those people who loves Cairo, so very dearly!

Basmalah

Posts: 14 | From: Holland | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

nice pics...unfortunately i'm something in btw and still deciding whether to try to publish my photographs in a travel book or not...which prevents me from sharing those sunrises i was thinking about over the internet..plus...this site only allows yo to link to images already on the internet.. too bad
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member

ExptinCAI, publish them....why not!!!? I love Black and white ones too, I frame them in black wood and it makes a super wall...

quote:
nice pics...unfortunately i'm something in btw and still deciding whether to try to publish my photographs in a travel book or not...which prevents me from sharing those sunrises i was thinking about over the internet..plus...this site only allows yo to link to images already on the internet.. too bad

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
For Cairo lovers!

quote:
Originally posted by Basmalah:
You guys are making me 'homesick'! Every time I set foot on Cairo ground all the stress and problems just fall off my back...
When I'm in Cairo it's usually in my holiday's so i can stay up very late... and like Monica and ExptinCa wrote.. it's so beautiful early in the morning! Such a peace, and almost never cold (when ur used to the Dutch weather) I always sit out on the balcony and just breathe the air! And preferable with the call of prayers on the background! A person can't get more happy at such a moment

I really miss Cairo when i'm talking about it this way! Like exptinca wrote here somewhere... Either you love Cairo or you hate it... And I'm on off those people who loves Cairo, so very dearly!

Basmalah

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
For Cairo lovers!

Monica this is cool.

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 15 April 2004).]

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kat...you should plan a visit to Cairo at least in 2005??? when I'm back there for good... !!

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Harris cafe, Heliopolis /Kerba/ Cairo Egypt

People drinking Coffee safely in Cairo

Wow, this is so nice. Just like some streets off Michicagn Ave in Chicago!!! No wonder some say some parts of Cairo resemble Chicago!

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member

Early morning Nile view

quote:
Originally posted by katrina:
Wow, this is so nice. Just like some streets off Michicagn Ave in Chicago!!! No wonder some say some parts of Cairo resemble Chicago!

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
kat...you should plan a visit to Cairo at least in 2005??? when I'm back there for good... !!

We shall see! I would certainly love to! If things work out, I would certainly do. kat

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
quote:

Early morning Nile view

Chicago River is not like that nope ;( no way. Lake Michigan is nice though. thank you so much for pics, send more if you have. kat

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member

The Khan
quote:
Chicago River is not like that nope ;( no way. Lake Michigan is nice though. thank you so much for pics, send more if you have. kat

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

The Khan

Where in Cairo is this?

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This a bazaar in Cairo also known as the 'gold' street, where jewellery shops abound...it's the traditional shopping area for all...
very exotic!
I have to say Salam...going to book my ticket he he he...
Until the next 'Safe in Cairo' chat!!!

Monica
quote:
Where in Cairo is this?

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Expat... I just want to say that what you wrote here and in your other posts was GREAT! It was so well written and said everything perfectly about Cairo, IMHO.

quote:
well...cairo is nothing like the english patient...and you'll either love it or hate it.

i would recommend that you take a flight via europe and have 1-2 day layover...Egypt is going to be a culture shock for sure if you've never been outside the States..you might want to take a small step first. Plus, easier on the jet lag if you do a sleep over in Europe first.

some people would use all the adjectives, others pick out only a few to describe it. practically...

1/ bring loose clothing and cover up because you will be stared at just because you look different (and if you're covered up you will feel more confident to know it's just your hair/complexion, etc and you just look "exotic") but... bring a going-out outfit you'd also wear at home clubbing. Since yr husband knows Cairo, he'll probably take you to the restaurants in 5-star hotels or equivalent popular with expats, and foreign women tend to dress differently if they're stepping in/out of car to go out than if they're going to be taking taxis/walking a lot in public places/street.

3/ don't beat yourself up if you get a craving for a hamburger...you don't have to experience everything new all at once...but be sure you also try some local cuisine.

4/ try to see a variety of lifestyles...ie visit a popular cafe to see how middle/upper class lives... and not just assume the entire country consists of taxi-drivers and the guys at the pyramids trying to sell you overpriced trinkets.

have fun!

------------------
www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net for customized excursions in Cairo and beyond
Dds71@aol.com

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nesrine
Member # 3861

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nesrine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

it is very safe. dont worry

Posts: 47 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sprkle
Member # 4032

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for sprkle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm trying to locate someone in Cairo. Does anyone know how I can get the number or if there is a contact number for the Swiss Hotel in Cairo?
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phone number: 02-622-4000
Concorde El-Salam Hotel

This is what the Swiss Hotels new name is. It has been years since it was the Swiss Hotel, but alot of people still refer to it as the Swiss Hotel (myself included).

------------------
www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net for customized excursions in Cairo and beyond
Dds71@aol.com

[This message has been edited by Debbie (edited 17 April 2004).]

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Swiss Inn Hotel
Address: 7, El Hegaz Sq., Mohandessin, Cairo

the egypt tourism site gives these numbers (but the numbers here tend not to be updated)

Phone: +20-2-3488990,+20-2-3488994,+20-2-3488998
http://www.telefax.com.eg/

gives these numbers
02/7488998 Fax: 02/7489009

I'd try telefax's listing first.

sprkle
Member # 4032

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for sprkle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for the help with the numbers for the Swissotel (Concorde El Salam).
NOxReducer
Member # 3836

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for NOxReducer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monica those pictures of the Harris Cafe in Korba bring back good memories. Can't believe I've only been away for 6 months and miss home like crazy....Thank you for the pictures.

Posts: 185 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
My pleasure!
Home is always missed even after many years...I can relate!
mafeesh a7la men baladna wah7at ommy!

( there is'nt better than our country, I swear on my mother's life)

quote:
Originally posted by NOxReducer:
Monica those pictures of the Harris Cafe in Korba bring back good memories. Can't believe I've only been away for 6 months and miss home like crazy....Thank you for the pictures.

newati2de
Member # 4083

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for newati2de     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a comment on the clothing of visitors to Egypt....The reason it is suggested that you not wear shorts or skirts (above the knee) or anything revealing bare shoulders is because it can be very offensive to them.

On my trip there last year, my cousin was wearing a dress (below the knee), fell and started to lift her skirt to see the damage to her knee and a native man shoo'd her hand away and indicated very strongly not to do that.

Cairo is becoming more 'westernized', but you would do well to at least attempt to learn a little about the culture and customs, particularly for women, before visiting....when in Rome....!! ;-)

hope this helps, and I KNOW you'll have a WONDERFUL experience!! I have never encountered a nicer people!!!! Can't wait to go back next year!!

Posts: 1 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for GiggleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow..those pictures are stunning!! They make me look forward to my trip in July even more!! Do coffee shops really stay open that late/early? I've heard they have a lovely, open atmosphere. Is that true??
Posts: 293 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gail H
Member # 4084

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gail H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hello,

Due to the current crisis in Iraq. Are there safety concerns about traveling to Cairo at this particular time? And especially for a female?

Sprkle

Are you traveling to Egypt ? If so when ??? We will be departing on the Grand Tour 5/10 and are female......The state Department say's it's OK right now but to contact them regularly before we leave.......

------------------
\0-0/

Posts: 2 | From: Coventry, Rhode Island, USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sprkle
Member # 4032

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sprkle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I hope to travel in late May or June. Is there a website for the state department? I would be interested in checking also.
Jennifer
Member # 1443

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jennifer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I the only person who is more concerned about the fact that she is MARRIED and coming to visit an egyptian boyfriend, than what she wears so she won't LOOK LIKE a woman who is doing what she is doing?
Posts: 322 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sprkle
Member # 4032

Rate Member
Actually my fiance is a part of the MFO and American.
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
my favorite thing was to get up in the winter, grab my camera and tripod at 5am, and find a taxi to take me to the hill right above the khan, overlooking the city of the dead..and photograph the sunrise over the minarettes and graves.

hmmm ... reminds me that's one of the things I definitely want to do, too.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I've never traveled abroad and I'm a military spouse. My significant other wants me to meet him in Cairo but I've never been out of the states.

LOL.- Jennifer, I never looked at this post that way. I assumed the "military spouse" was the same person as the "significant other".

Sprkle - Is he the same guy or are you messing around with your S.O., in Egypt, on your SPOUSE?

sprkle
Member # 4032

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for sprkle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my goodness...LOL

I didn't know all that could start such a uprising.

For the record my significant other is the same as my fiance a.k.a boyfriend and soon to be HUSBAND. I'm visiting him in Cairo because he's currently stationed in Egypt.

I hope this cleared things up. (giggle)

Gail H
Member # 4084

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Gail H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well I hope to travel in late May or June. Is there a website for the state department? I would be interested in checking also.

Yes, you can reach the web site at Travel.state.gov/travel_warnings OR call them at 202-647-5225 They will keep you posted on safety......Good Luck and have fun

Posts: 2 | From: Coventry, Rhode Island, USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sprkle
Member # 4032

Rate Member
Thank you and I hope you enjoy your trip as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Gail H:
Yes, you can reach the web site at Travel.state.gov/travel_warnings OR call them at 202-647-5225 They will keep you posted on safety......Good Luck and have fun

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com