EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Sim Card

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sim Card
Sumayyah
Member # 5009

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Sumayyah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Just want to know how easy it is to pick up a pay-as-you go sim card in Cairo? I want to get one, basically as soon as I get there. Where should I get one from and how much should I expect to pay? What are the names of the phone shops that I should be looking for? Anything I should be careful of?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Sumayyah

Posts: 28 | From: England | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpion
Member # 5004

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sumayyah:
Hi,

Just want to know how easy it is to pick up a pay-as-you go sim card in Cairo? I want to get one, basically as soon as I get there. Where should I get one from and how much should I expect to pay? What are the names of the phone shops that I should be looking for? Anything I should be careful of?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Sumayyah

Hi.
not to sure why u need a new sim card,if your phone is a new one it will call all over the world.

Posts: 22 | From: southend uk | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sumayyah
Member # 5009

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sumayyah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by scorpion:
Hi.
not to sure why u need a new sim card,if your phone is a new one it will call all over the world.

Basically the sim card from my own country charges ridiculous prices once out of the uk. I need a sim card so I can make sensible priced calls/texts within Egypt. (i.e priced according to egyptian standards).

Posts: 28 | From: England | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpion
Member # 5004

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Basically the sim card from my own country charges ridiculous prices once out of the uk. I need a sim card so I can make sensible priced calls/texts within Egypt. (i.e priced according to egyptian standards).

aha good thinking that man

Posts: 22 | From: southend uk | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it is really easy here in Luxor so should be even easier in Cairo. Have a lovely time

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sumayyah, its very easy...go to any of the phone shops... pay as you go sim cards are about 250le to buy, and calls, I think, in Egypt are about 1.25le a minute. You can buy scratch cards for credit very easily.
You can get vodafone, click, or mobinil.... all around the same price.
Hope this helps, and good luck!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sumayyah
Member # 5009

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sumayyah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Samia, I'll keep 250LE in mind, thats basically what I wanted to know, just a rough idea.

Btw - akshar, I had a browse of your website, the information on Baksheesh is great. That would have been my next question.

akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thanks Samia, I'll keep 250LE in mind, thats basically what I wanted to know, just a rough idea.

Btw - akshar, I had a browse of your website, the information on Baksheesh is great. That would have been my next question.

Shukran, glad to have helped

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gogo
Member # 2987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gogo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is Holiday Sim from Vodafone. I think it's for 65 L.E or something like that. There is similar thing from Mobinil. You can get it fromay brach. Tell me where will you bein Cairo and I tel you the closest one.
Posts: 23 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The holiday card is ok if you are planning to stay a short time, the calls are expensive. Calls are cheaper on the 250le card.... so it depends how long you plan to stay.
Also, you can sell the 250le one on to someone else before you go.

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com