EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » unmarried travelling couple

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: unmarried travelling couple
couboocou
Member # 5137

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for couboocou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,
I would love to visit Egypt and fulfill a long life dream. However, while reading this website plus other forums, a question has popped up... I would be travelling with my fiance who is not Egyptian but is Arab Muslim (thus could look Egyptian), I am Asian-American. We plan to visit Cairo and Luxor and stay in five star hotel chains (Hilton and Meridien) and do not plan to visit less touristy places. Would this pose a problem in terms of being questioned by police or not getting hotel rooms because we are not married??! Any information or advice or anecdotes would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
veigapaula
Member # 1651

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for veigapaula   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any couple is welcome in Egypt.
And you can visit whatever they have to be paid for...As long as it is "buyable, is seeable"...
The Police only questions people that try to deceive you with money related issues...
They don't care about color, size or religion as long as there's money envolved and no offense is made...
And if your fiance is Arab-descendant he can reply to them...

Posts: 38 | From: Lisboa,Portugal | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philand teresa
Member # 2726

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for philand teresa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have been to Egypt as an unmarried couple and encounterd no problems. Enjoy your Holiday.
Posts: 119 | From: West Midlands. U.K. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one checks on tourists and as Arab women don't change their names just tell everyone you are married and save hassle.

So hotels forget it

Locals tell them you are married.

Have a wonderful holiday

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El Sphinx
Member # 5095

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for El Sphinx   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couboocou you the best advice from Akshar buddy. You should be alright with no problems whatsoever.

Have a great holiday and come back and tell us how it went.

Wish you both a pleasant stay in Egypt.

------------------
http://www.egyptiantouch.com

Posts: 20 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
couboocou
Member # 5137

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for couboocou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your replies! I feel much less anxious now. Just that those postings regarding couples not being able to stay in the same apartments etc. made me a bit nervous as I would hate to arrive and be told to take seperate rooms (more expensive too!) especially as my fiancé is arab muslim and the same cultural rules would apply to him as well? It seems though that this will not be a problem in places that are used to tourists.
I have always wanted to visit Egypt for as long as I can remember, I can't wait to go! Once again thank you for your replies.

Posts: 21 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El Sphinx
Member # 5095

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for El Sphinx   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget to tell us how it went.

have a great holiday

------------------
http://www.egyptiantouch.com

Posts: 20 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
couboocou
Member # 5137

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for couboocou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will definetly let you know how it all goes!
Question: We are planning four nights Cairo and four nights Luxor with a must-do visit to Abu Simbel. We are going quasi independently, (having agency handle all the flights and tranfers and hotel reservations) and wondering what the best way to visit Abu Simbel would be. Better to go from Luxor or Cairo? Are there direct flights from Luxor-Abu Simbel?
Thanks again!

AussieGirl
Member # 5126

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AussieGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry ppl - having major puter probs...

mods, please delete this post!!

[This message has been edited by AussieGirl (edited 24 August 2004).]

Posts: 9 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com