EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Helnan Shepherd Hotel - Cairo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Helnan Shepherd Hotel - Cairo
wills76
Member # 4427

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wills76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any information would be most appriciated.
Posts: 127 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A five-star hotel located in downtown Cairo, with a Nile view. First built in 1814, this historic hotel which hosted emperors, kings and queens, was rebuilt in its present location without compromising its classic style.

Caravan coffee shop Italian restaurant Asia House restaurant Omar El Khayam restaurant

Direct dial telephone Satellite channels -color TV Video - Radio Shaving outlet 220v

quote:
Originally posted by wills76:
Any information would be most appriciated.

Posts: 544 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
primak
Member # 494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for primak         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No go.
The hotel is run down, service is bad, food is disgusting and there's a court case between Helnan and the owning company.
That is if you're expecting a luxury hotel.
If you're a budget traveller then, it's ok, don't expect much though but at leat it is very central and you could also get a very nice nile view.

Posts: 1516 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wills76
Member # 4427

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wills76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the information
Posts: 127 | From: Scotland | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like Primak said...it isn't very good except for the views and you can do better at either the Nile Hilton or the Semiramis Intercontinental. Check out their prices and see if either of them can compete.

My favorite is the Marriott in Zamalek though for a nice location and decent hotel.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bulldog
Member # 2721

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bulldog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You got a nice Egyptian pair of entertainers in the Nepoleon bar that start around 11'o Clock. Last year for lunch I ordered Lamb cutlet and potatoes and greens from the menu, What I got was Lamb,carrots,greens and rice Shame about the potatoes they didn't have any even though the person next to me had chips on his plate. Al this care of the Helnan shepherd. The nile Hilton is much nicer.
Posts: 176 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
timbuctoo
Member # 440

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for timbuctoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't a lot of the English Patient supposed to be set in the Shephard?
Posts: 266 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ragga
Member # 5478

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ragga     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi wills, i was in the same step last spring trying to choose frome Helnan shepard or Piramiza hotel couse it was a similar net price i had for those 2 hotels, but i picked Piramiza it is in Dokki and not far frome the central very easy to take taxi frome there and very cheep, they have a small swimming pool!!! and the service there was exelent and all the staff very friendly and helpful.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adrian
Member # 5242

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adrian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The wife and I stayed at the Piramiza back in 1998. We had a lovely peppered steak one evening by the pool.

We have also stayed at the Sheraton Cairo, which was also nice but was not too keen on the breakfast.

Where ever you decide please make sure you ask for a room on a high floor, the views are fantastic.

Posts: 9 | From: York | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com