EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Getting married in egypt (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Getting married in egypt
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I am an american woman and i have been involved with an egyptian for a year and half now, we were engaged about a year ago but things happened that made us end that engagement. Now we are back together and want to marry, can anyone tell me about how long we will need to stay in cairo to do all of the paperwork for the marriage? I know that i will have to have divorce papers and birth certificate translated. Can anyone tell me the best way to prepare before coming and approximately how long i will need to stay in cairo so that i can make arrangements for accomodations there. He lives in Sharm el sheikh. I would appreciate any help please
Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Why not get married in Roachdale and have a honeymoon at a truck stop?

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont need smart remarks like that i need actual help if you dont want to give it then please keep comments to yourself. I dont work at a truck stop by the way i work in a 5 star restaurant. Really I would appreciate anyone that can actually help me ..... please
Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No it takes numerous fake members of american origin to post in a tacky manner.

But what is truly gratifying is authenic members from outside of the USA post in a manner that characterizes their culture without knowing how awful it makes them look.

Hence the need to have these fake members to balance out the shame.

It doesn't work

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what does that have to do with the question i asked???? really.. lol i am american and i want information on what i need to do preferably from someone who knows what they are talking about please.
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
No it takes numerous fake members of american origin to post in a tacky manner.

But what is truly gratifying is authenic members from outside of the USA post in a manner that characterizes their culture without knowing how awful it makes them look.

Hence the need to have these fake members to balance out the shame.

It doesn't work

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Roachdale, Indiana

Population:
Roachdale town,
7/1/99 - "955" 7/1/98 - "957" 7/1/97 - "962" 7/1/96 - "963" 7/1/95 - "964" 7/1/94 - "971" http://www.census.gov/population/estimates/metro-city/placebyco/SC99T8_IN.txt

and here are your choices for eating out in Roachdale, Indiana all seven choices:

1. Pizza King

(765) 522-2118 125 N Meridian St
Roachdale, IN
Map | Send to Phone Review this 0.13 mi
Category: Carry Out and Take Out - Restaurants - Pizza

2. Whistle Stop Cafe

(765) 522-2976 5 E Railroad St
Roachdale, IN
Map | Send to Phone Review this 0.25 mi
Category: Restaurants

3. Swinney's Saloon & Steakhouse

(765) 522-1332 115 W Washington St
Roachdale, IN
Map | Send to Phone Review this 0.27 mi
Category: Restaurants - Steak Houses

4. Pizza King

(765) 942-8423 300 E Main St # 3
Ladoga, IN
Map | Send to Phone Review this 4.45 mi
Category: Carry Out and Take Out - Restaurants - Pizza

5. L & M Visions

(765) 942-9275 1013 E Main St
Ladoga, IN
Map | Send to Phone Review this 4.51 mi
Category: Restaurants

6. Patsys Sun Up Cafe

(765) 942-1015 104 E Main St
Ladoga, IN
Map | Send to Phone Review this 4.45 mi
Category: Restaurants - All Fast Food Restaurants

7. Frontier Gun Club

(765) 522-2084 1695 W County Road 1100 N
Roachdale, IN
Map | Send to Phone Review this 4.54 mi

This town is less than 1/6 the size of my mother's hometown, its a hole in the wall.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=mapcity&searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&city=Roachdale&state=IN&zipcode=

Indianapolis doesn't have a 5 star restuarant, even if you did drive 50 miles to work and back.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by mysticheart:
what does that have to do with the question i asked???? really.. lol i am american and i want information on what i need to do preferably from someone who knows what they are talking about please.

No go to your embassy and ask them. http://www.usembassy.egnet.net/consular/marriage.htm

I don't think your american.

mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
I fully intend on asking embassy but i have learned the hard way it is best to go directly to the people to find out what i need to know. And Roachdale is a very very small town, i dont live in the town but out in the country of the area, have lived here all of my life, I have visited egypt 4 times and love it there... although i cant move there due to my children. I am fully completely american,, an american that doesnt always believe what her government tells her. All of my marriage preparations will be done through the help of egyptians,, even if i have to contact the egyptian consulate here. I just prefer to have hands on knowledge from people there that have done this or other americans that have experienced this ,, Shukran

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by mysticheart:
I fully intend on asking embassy but i have learned the hard way it is best to go directly to the people to find out what i need to know. And Roachdale is a very very small town, i dont live in the town but out in the country of the area, have lived here all of my life, I have visited egypt 4 times and love it there... although i cant move there due to my children. I am fully completely american,, an american that doesnt always believe what her government tells her. All of my marriage preparations will be done through the help of egyptians,, even if i have to contact the egyptian consulate here. I just prefer to have hands on knowledge from people there that have done this or other americans that have experienced this ,, Shukran

Okay what kind of Egy man marries a woman with kids?

Do you know that if you marry in Egypt instead of America the chances of him getting a visa even to visit America is zip?

There are no 5 star restaurants in all of Indiana, I had to do a assignment for a IT career prep course and since Indiana is getting many of our IT jobs here in Minnesota we had to do a survey of Indianapolis. No life, houses cost 1/4 of wht they cost here. No 3 star hotels even.

NO 5 STAR RESTUARANT!!!

You won't be able to bring him back here to the USA, if you are really american.

And if you marry officially you won't be able to marry in the USA. Even if he wanted to give you a divorce, the case would be held up in courts for at least 5 years. Marrying in Egypt removes any chance to divorce in America.

Marital dead end. But if you are lonely enough... But not an American thing to do.

mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
What kind of egyptian man marries a woman with kids??? One that loves her very much, enough that he will leave his family to be with her and as for the thing of him not being able to come if we marry in egypt, I know for a fact that isnt true, I have talked to many egyptians in my time, and also women that have married them and moved them here..... but that was back when i actually went to chat rooms but i dont do that anymore. As for 5 star restaurants.. you obviously do not know the ratings of some of the restaurant chains. Please if you cant help me dont bother posting on this matter, i want real help on how best to marry habibi, I know this persons feeling on this so please if there is anyone else that will help me i would be grateful. And who ever said i wanted to do this the american way??? i had one american marriage lol that was a joke, and i dont want the possibility of divorce i want to marry my love and have children for him.

Sofia
Member # 5629

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sofia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Mysticheart,
I dont' have any answers for you, but I'll be interested to hear the replys you get...I am in the same situation...so hope we'll both get some help. Good Luck!
Sofia USA

Posts: 48 | From: California, USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malak
Member # 3654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding getting married.
Whether you get married in the US or Cairo it will still be difficult.
Either way, he has to apply for a US visa no matter what. The chances of him getting a visa are 50/50, it can go either way.
If you come here and marry in Cairo, it can be all done in a short time, 2 weeks, if you have all the right papers, no problem. Then teh next step is if you wan him to come back with you, thats when teh waiting will be begin and no matter what you say or papers you produce, he still could be turned down.

Its a difficult one, because if he just applys for a visit, and does not get that, the chances are he will not get a visa even if you marry. You have to be strong, patient and do everything right, he may be in the US in 2 weeks or he may get it in teh next 3 years!!! Everybody's experience are different.
You also need to think about what sacrafices you will make if you marry and he can't get a visa and you return to the US without him. Would you be prepared to move, give up things for him and he for you?

My advise is just try and pray it works out alright.

Posts: 288 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mystic, email me, I will give you the info.
iwonabc@yahoo.com

Lookup the Consulate site Sonomod gave you and see the steps you need to take. I will tell you the 'practical' rest.

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Thank you i appreciate all so much. And i will email you, I have the official steps of getting married, such as passport, divorce papers, i know we have to do the sworn statements of faith and that we are free to marry, and no objection form embassy, and i know that it all has to be translated to arabic, I just didnt know if it was better to have the birth certificate and divorce papers translated here or if it is better to do it there and how long to expect to stay in cairo before moving on to sharm, I will be there only a month. We will begin the proceedings to bring him here in about november i am expecting, so for now i am just trying to get the marriage papers done. Thank you to all and i will email you.

khanume
Member # 6846

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for khanume     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the information requested:

Disclaimer: If you decide to undertake the marriage process in Egypt, don't expect the equivalent of a simple city hall ceremony or Vegas wedding chapel expediency that you could find in the US. This process can take from 2-3 weeks to complete. Be ready for difficulty! If you are sincerely committed, this shouldn't make you change your mind! However, the marriage process is no piece of cake. If you have any qualms about your engagement, wait!

Process (Taken from Embassy Page **personal notes added*)

The following documents are required:

1. Proof of identity (a passport).

2. Proof of termination of any previous marriages. The original or certified copy of the divorce decree or death certificate must be authenticated at an Egyptian Embassy or Consulate in the United States and then the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Cairo. Alternatively, the divorce decree can be authenticated by the Secretary of State of the state where the decree was issued, this is then authenticated by the Department of State, Authentications Office (A/OPR/GSM/AUTH), 518 23rd Street, NW, SA-1 Columbia Plaza Washington, D.C. 20520. Web page- http//www.state.gov.

***As this must be authenticated at an Egyptian Embassy, go ahead and translate it in the US and send both the English and Arabic copies to the Egyptian Embassy for certification. This way you have all your bases covered. Bring both! (I have never personally had to deal with this issue..However, you should cover all bases)

3. Sworn statements of the parties involved that they are free to marry, and that they are of the Moslem, Christian, or Jewish faith. Interfaith marriages are permitted except in the case of a Moslem woman and a non-Moslem man.

***If you are a Muslim convert, you will need proof. If you have an Islamic last name, this is sufficient. If not, you will need to visit Al-Azhar, restate your testament of faith, and wait a few days to receive a signed copy.

4. A no-objection statement from the Embassy. NOTE: This is a formality required by the Egyptian government. It does not guarantee that the U.S. Embassy will issue an immigrant visa to an alien spouse.

The Embassy has devised an affidavit combining both the sworn statement of the party (no. 3 above) and the Embassy’s no-objection statement (no. 4 above). This affidavit is available from the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Cairo (Sunday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon), and must be notarized by a U.S. Consul. (Notarial fees are listed on the Fees for Selected Consular Services page.) The affidavit must then be certified at one of the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs Authentication offices before being taken to the Department of Justice’s marriage office.

***This is an easy step as far as going to the Embassy is concerned. They will ask you just a few questions and give you this paper. Now, when visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, be vigilant. Many people wait around all day looking for suckers who "need help with their marriage papers"...Foreigners are easy target..You can end up paying for stamps that you don't need!

5. Forms and questionnaires to be completed at the marriage court. These can only be obtained on the spot at the Department of Justice’s office of marriage on the wedding day or the day before. Applicants should have original versions and photocopies of all documents, as well as notarized Arabic translations for all documents not in the Arabic language. (Translation of documents from English into Arabic cannot be authenticated unless the originals were authenticated in the way described in item 2).

***Go to the Mogamma in Tahrir square and have around 10 pictures taken of both you and your spouse. Trust me.. You will need it both at the Department of Justice and the American Embassy.

Any two male witnesses with identification documents (passport or I.D. card) must be present to sign the marriage documents. It might be better to have your own witnesses, such as a travel agent or a friend.

****If your witnesses are Egyptian, it will speed up the process if they have the new ID card (issued a couple of years ago). Unlike the old hard-to-read perishable paper ID, it is plastic and laminated. It is preferred when visiting a govt office.

A woman is temporarily barred from marriage when she is in idda, the waiting period following divorce or death of the husband. Idda lasts four months and ten days for a widow, and approximately three months for a divorcee. After the idda the woman may remarry. This period is designed to ensure that she is not pregnant from her previous marriage.

****DON'T FORGET YOUR WITNESSSES AND SHOW UP AT THE DEPT OF JUSTICE WAY BEFORE CLOSING TIME! Give yourself plenty of time for staying in Cairo! You are likely to visit this building multiple times. Each time, you will be asked to bring some other paper and come back later!

A routine physical performed by an Egyptian doctor is sometimes required.

In addition to the notarial fee, fees to complete the marriage at the Ministry of Justice:

If both parties are Moslems, the fee is two percent of the dowry (not less than 40LE).

If both parties are Christians, a dowry is not required, and they will pay only 40-45LE.

Additional fees:

Translation fees, plus authentication fees if required.

The marriage certificate is recognized as a legal document in the United States and many other countries.

NOTE

To use the Egyptian marriage certificate in the U.S., it should be translated into English by the Translation Office in the Egyptian Ministry of Justice, then authenticated by the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and also certified by a U.S. Consul.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs Authentication Offices: Gameit el Dowal el Arabia Street, Mohandessin, Giza; Ahmed Said Street, Abbassia; or Sabak Street next to the Maryland Gardens in Heliopolis.

Civil Marriage Registration Office: Ministry of Justice Annex (Office of Marriage of Foreigners), 4th floor, Lazoughly Square, Abdin, Cairo. Open Saturday to Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Thursday from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.

Ministry of Justice's translation office: Ministry of Justice Building, 13th floor, Lazoughly Square, Abdin, Cairo.

** It will take at least one week for a marriage certificate to be issued. This does not include translation.
** Marriage certificates should be picked up in person.

My final advice : It can take at least a week after having your marriage contract legalized in the Dept of Justice to have the translation done, certified, and stamped by the Embassy. (You should have at least two copies)

**Remember, this process is a long one (1 month including translation). It will require you to travel to many different areas within Cairo. Plan properly as traffic and holidays happen!

May God bless you, your marriage, and your future family!

*****In regards to the immigrant visa process, this can take 6 months. It also requires a substantial financial commitment..Possibly 1000 dollars including visa fee and those paid for stamps for documents, copies, immunizations, and medical exam. (more detailed info on Embassy site!) http://usembassy.egnet.net/

If you thought dealing with government offices in the US was difficult and time-consuming, wait till you experience the bureaucracy of Egypt!

May God make it easy for you!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alana
Member # 6453

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Mysticheart,

The info Khanume gave you and advice is accurate. Be very careful, and check out every option. Personally I would not recommend for an american women to marry in egypt, it is much more difficult as khanume mentioned.

I married many years ago to my egyptian husband in the states, you have more rights . The red tape is immense anywhere nowadays, but you are safer and have a little more leverage on your own soil. Please take care sincerely, the one giving you advice, met on a chat line, never met him , travelled to egypt , married him , now she is here alone without him waiting for him. As she worded"she will give you "practical" advice not really. I am worried for you and your children. It is not so cut and dry as she is making out.
Mysticheart, I live in Ohio next to you, I have visited Indiana many times, sorry for the disrespect you got here in regards to your state.
Growing up we camped, and even to this day, at Pokagon State Park, Angola , Ind. Yes small towns ,but lovely down to earth people and many nice restaurants and tourist attractions. I have a very close friend in Fort Wayne, Ind. Just ignore all this, my egyptian husband loves Lake St. James in Indiana and the beautiful scenery and too much to name
Your job as a waitress has nothing to do with your question, but just so you know, you probably make more money in Indiana as a waitress than you would in egypt, never feel ashamed where you come from.
Feel free to e-mail me anytime, you sound very excited and happy and in love, may god bless you. alana2122@hotmail.com
I'd be happy to answer any questions or speak with you personally.

Posts: 273 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairoexpat
Member # 1023

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairoexpat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonomod Get a life

Mysticheart,

Pay no attention to Sonomod, she has no life of her own except the ES message board. She is from a small town in Minnesota and lives her life through those people that post on ES. She is married to an Egyptian that can’t fulfill her finical dreams, basically she got suckered and screwed at the same time, she can live with being screwed but not suckered. Anyway in her mind she is Egyptian, She been here twice and because her husband treats her like a village girl and in all honesty she likes to be dominated. She knows everything and blames everyone for everything. Take the time and read her post, all 900 plus. In some countries they would say she loves to her herself talk, in Egypt we just humor her and laugh another looser who gave a green card to get laid. I live here and if you need help contact me at cairoexpat@hotmail.com

Posts: 133 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darkeyes
Member # 6058

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Darkeyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So true. Who can argue?
Posts: 212 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cairoexpat, LOL , omg, I don't know Sonomod but 'treats her like a village girl' will keep me laughing all day! Thank you for the smiles~
Take care.

Posts: 1706 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, I know my husband reads these forums, so habibi, if you ever treat me like a village girl (whatever that means) you're in big trouble! lol
Take care.

Posts: 1706 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by cairoexpat:
[b]Sonomod Get a life

Mysticheart,

Pay no attention to Sonomod, she has no life of her own except the ES message board. She is from a small town in Minnesota and lives her life through those people that post on ES. She is married to an Egyptian that can’t fulfill her finical dreams, basically she got suckered and screwed at the same time, she can live with being screwed but not suckered. Anyway in her mind she is Egyptian, She been here twice and because her husband treats her like a village girl and in all honesty she likes to be dominated. She knows everything and blames everyone for everything. Take the time and read her post, all 900 plus. In some countries they would say she loves to her herself talk, in Egypt we just humor her and laugh another looser who gave a green card to get laid. I live here and if you need help contact me at cairoexpat@hotmail.com

[/B]

Minneapolis, MN and surrounding surburbs are 4 million people. Its not a small town. We have 2 5 star resturants, Indiania has none.

Dominated, are you serious? Mind you I believe God could be male or female, so dominated never occured to me.

Suckered financially, well we both were suckered. His business failed and we found out later that we had been robbed by a business partner. Suckered, I am the one who found the accounting/bookkeeping mistakes so I am not suckered. We are overeducated and poor, but not suckered. Besides how many wives here have a luxury condo waithing for them in Alex, 10th floor over looking the Med? No one. I didn't pay for it, I didn't have to.

My husband's visa was a professional/student visa, to do medical research. He only needed to go one day and if he didn't want to do so he didn't have to. The paperwork was in order and he had permenant residency before he married me. Plus at the port of entry to the USA he was handed paperwork explaining the naturalization process and a warm welcome to USA while his friend was given a cavity search.

His father's cousins are ambassadors, state judges, and parlament members. His uncles are generals and majors. My husband isn't a cabana boy.

And you, you nasty old pervert. In retirement in Maadi responding to an ad in classifieds to for an "old woman" to live with- lola2000. You a man and responding to this ad is disguisiting.

On top of that you don't mind if Egypt's neighbors rescind 20% or more of the Nile's flow which could kill thousands within a week. And yet you live in Egypt. Now I was raised in a neighborhood where half the kids had one parent who was jewish, mind you Levantines. Are you living in the "Jewish Retirement Home" or working in it? Many times I have overheard in conversation that the Jews of this neighborhood are very anti-Muslim but yet still live in Egypt. And I don't recall one time you have posted a favorable comment of Egypt. Its appears as if you hate the country.

My husband doesn't treat me like a village girl, but he did demand a dowry at first.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by nooralhaq:
cairoexpat, LOL , omg, I don't know Sonomod but 'treats her like a village girl' will keep me laughing all day! Thank you for the smiles~
Take care.

Did you get 'full rights' in your marriage contract?

I did. I doubt that you had.

Check the character of postings from members before you agree with them.

And you couldn't post a positive note on America or Christianity, it would kill you.

Besides in all your posts I hadn't seen any indication you have been to Egypt. Nor any indication that you are learning Arabic.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
first off mind you ladies these posts of mysticheart had been posted on every part of the forum. She started this after a rash of insulting spam that the moderators deleted within 12 hours. Along with Emilyboston and others, she is probably a fake. All these posters of a false nature were of American descent.

If she is officially she's stick around, but one of many that are just to characterize an equalibruim between nationalities. Too bad that fakes are needed.

Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Alana! Long time no talk, girl! Hope all is well with you. As for me, I got some devastating news: my husband is coming to live with me next week. The rolls of red tape finally gave in. It is a total disaster as I am sure now my husband that I met online will grow fangs, bulge his eyes and let the hair grow all over his hunchback. Also, he will start eating small children right after leaving the aircraft, maliciously leaving my daughter untouched (she may not be small enough, his fangs can only do so much, dang). I am certain there will be more tragedies of that sort to report on a daily basis. I am doomed. Will keep you posted until he bites my fingers off.
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonomod don't take things so personally and you wouldn't be attacked. I don't know you which is why I said, 'I don't know Sonomod' indicating that I don't agree, but it was the wording I was laughing about.

Whether I choose to write about good things about America or Christianity is my business and my personal opinion and I dance for nobody especially somebody who chooses to stick to Christianity for the main reason that it allows (how did you put it?) women to attain high ranking positions?
Good luck to you.

Alana
Member # 6453

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karah,
I did not write to you, and I am not getting involved in any of your immature posts. I am not on here to attack, or behave in a manner as you choose to do so. Your silly childish behavior is so boring, grow up! I like anyone else ,will respond and help others as needed.
Really that is great news for you that your husband will arrive, it is only the beginning.
But unfortunately you really don't understand egyptian men yet, your mannerisms will wear on him fast,and foolish behavior.
I didn't realize until today , you carry quite a "chip" on your shoulder. Love to be a smart ***. Put others down, by your remarks.
But, I have a clean heart, and you have to answer to god for your own mouth& actions.
I will no longer respond after today to your nasty posts, or waste my time and energy on such a child. Time will tell ," what goes around comes around ".

Posts: 273 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:

You couldn't answer this could you?

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:

But yet you refer or agree with another member in issueing a blanket designation of 'village girl'.

A 'village girl' doesn't have full rights, I do.

Now again in your marriage contract did you recieve your full rights?

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Take care.

Here I have reposted. Now do you have 'full rights' in your marriage contract?

Huh?

Going to refer to me in this nature, you'd better be in an elevated position to mine.

nooralhaq
Member # 5823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nooralhaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry Sonomod, are you asking ME this question or the person who said your husband treated you like a village girl?
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
I'm sorry Sonomod, are you asking ME this question or the person who said your husband treated you like a village girl?

You, cairoexpat is a nasty retired person from Maadi.

No you're avoiding the question.

Again, do you recieve full rights in your marriage contract?

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
karah sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy your hubby is coming next week big congratulations to you both
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
karah sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy your hubby is coming next week big congratulations to you both

Thank you kindly Ayisha!!! Wassup with you? Missed you bunches! Drop me a line sometime!

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sonomod.... yet again you've run another thread into the toilet. Let it go girl!!!
Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
debbie you do know she cant help herself maybe not taking the meds

as i am in a wonderful loving mood at this time i am feeling really sorry for sodomod honest i am

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Karah_Mia:

Thank you kindly Ayisha!!! Wassup with you? Missed you bunches! Drop me a line sometime!

karah baby i sent you a yahoo offline with latest gossip from my life and love

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
debbie you do know she cant help herself maybe not taking the meds

as i am in a wonderful loving mood at this time i am feeling really sorry for sodomod honest i am

Ayisha there must be some very goods things in your life to make you feel this way.

How can you feel sorry for this person when without any justification she accused another good woman of adultery this week, she thinks Nora is answerable to her for what's in her marriage contract and like wise the rest of us on this board must justify our lives to her as if she is some shining example of morality.

I am going to say this now because it needs to be said, I have had enough of watching her attacks and moral judgements........any woman that will leave her child in another country( Egypt) with people she has not been around long enough to really know, so that she and her husband can spend time at college ( in America) to put themselves in an elevated position in society way above that from which they came, is beyond any polite words that I wish to use here, but for sure she is in no position to be judging members of this board.

Every vindictive posting of yours here Sonomond is time that could have been spent with your daughter . Children grow up fast and they never say thank you Mummy for getting all those qualifications, I didn't really mind you did not spend that time with me. You like to spout at us all the real Egyptian way of life. Well Egyptian mothers devote themselves to their children, they don't leave them in another country and go off to college so no doubt they can go out to work when they do finally come to live with their child. You constantly ram down our throats how middle class and affluent your husband's family is and the condo you have waiting for you in Alexandria. So what the hell are you doing in the USA fighting stupid fights in the classrooms with your tutors trying to score points off everybody,and make yourself look so clever, when your daughter is without her mother in Alexandria.

I am one very tolerant person but enough is enough it needed to be said.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Was this before or AFTER your husband demanded a full dowry?

Omigod, I've never heard of any egyptian asking for a dowry. Then again I don't get out to the countryside of Egypt much. Cairoexpat, I think you hit the proverbial nail on the head with your village girl comment. LOL !!

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1mangang
Member # 6403

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for 1mangang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sonomod u seem kind of stupid.
noor is respectable girl let it go.
she would not marry with out respect
(even she does not see the need to
answer ur stupid questions)
u on the other hand seem cheap and
like u have been ridden hard and put
away wet.
yuk

Posts: 751 | From: US OF A | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by 1mangang:
sonomod u seem kind of stupid.
noor is respectable girl let it go.
she would not marry with out respect
(even she does not see the need to
answer ur stupid questions)
u on the other hand seem cheap and
like u have been ridden hard and put
away wet.
yuk

Imangang,

Talking dirty doesn't make you any more of a gentleman. But that isn't what these lassies are looking for?

Nooralhaq goes on and on about Christianity and America and how much she hates both. Yet she is still in America. Why?

She came onto this thread and added heat to cairoexpat's comments. And no she couldn't answer me. She knows what her rights are, most of the lassies here know what 'rights' they have from their Orfi marriages, none.

Now Orfi isn't first choice marriage for a Egyptian woman, but its top choice for a vacationing western woman.

I am so lucky because I have full rights, plus a successful, respectable in-laws that will actually be supporting me financially.

No I had to read about 2 years of posts to get some excellent tips from expats (who didn't hook up with cabana boys) to figure out that just 2 years ago this kind of social disease was below this board.

But you are here now 1mangang, and the tone has been set. You don't even mind the multitudes of degrading posts in regards to egyptian men andwomen.

Now why not post your email again so you can hook up with a lassie who has cashed in her IRA and home equity.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
Was this before or AFTER your husband demanded a full dowry?

Omigod, I've never heard of any egyptian asking for a dowry. Then again I don't get out to the countryside of Egypt much. Cairoexpat, I think you hit the proverbial nail on the head with your village girl comment. LOL !!

No you haven't bother to pay attention to local customs and traditions.

No you are just going to be-little in the same tone as cairoexpat. He hasn't posted much, but when he has its been insulting. And you do no better.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
So what the hell are you doing in the USA fighting stupid fights in the classrooms with your tutors trying to score points off everybody,and make yourself look so clever, when your daughter is without her mother in Alexandria.

Doing what none of yous will do. Share my entire expanse of my life with my husband. I can't spend my entire life in Egypt. I must comply with the INS regulations or lose my opportunity to come back to the USA.

Besides I am on the flip side of you. I don't have the funds to support my family. We can't receive any financial support from outside of mine and my husband's income. Then I must finish college.

Now you can't quite grasp that when you are so close to retirement with your own children grown.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Ayisha there must be some very goods things in your life to make you feel this way.

How can you feel sorry for this person when without any justification she accused another good woman of adultery this week, she thinks Nora is answerable to her for what's in her marriage contract and like wise the rest of us on this board must justify our lives to her as if she is some shining example of morality.

I am going to say this now because it needs to be said, I have had enough of watching her attacks and moral judgements........any woman that will leave her child in another country( Egypt) with people she has not been around long enough to really know, so that she and her husband can spend time at college ( in America) to put themselves in an elevated position in society way above that from which they came, is beyond any polite words that I wish to use here, but for sure she is in no position to be judging members of this board.

Every vindictive posting of yours here Sonomond is time that could have been spent with your daughter . Children grow up fast and they never say thank you Mummy for getting all those qualifications, I didn't really mind you did not spend that time with me. You like to spout at us all the real Egyptian way of life. Well Egyptian mothers devote themselves to their children, they don't leave them in another country and go off to college so no doubt they can go out to work when they do finally come to live with their child. You constantly ram down our throats how middle class and affluent your husband's family is and the condo you have waiting for you in Alexandria. So what the hell are you doing in the USA fighting stupid fights in the classrooms with your tutors trying to score points off everybody,and make yourself look so clever, when your daughter is without her mother in Alexandria.

penny, yes there are wonderful things in my life to make me feel like this, one being that i am NOT sodomod with a mind like her another being my wonderful hubby

i agree with what you say about sonomod and many people many times have said the same, it has no effect and she still cant see it. Its sad that one day, yes when she is maybe my age, she will look back and see what she has done in NOT bringing up her child, she will never get those years back. I agree a good education is a good thing and will enable her to have all those wonderful material things people like her crave for. personally i am not very material and other things mean more to me.

face it sonomod, whatever you achieve in this life will not go with you to the next, not the material or educational things anyway. but how you treat people, how you are with family (that means your daughter NOT just your fantastic military in laws blah blah crap) but then your life ambition and why you are on this earth is to be a pain to her when she is older as you did point out in another thread.

maybe the kid is better off without you

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Its sad that one day, yes when she is maybe my age, she will look back and see what she has done in NOT bringing up her child, she will never get those years back. I agree a good education is a good thing and will enable her to have all those wonderful material things people like her crave for. personally i am not very material and other things mean more to me.

My college education is not about material things, its a INS requirement.

Now hopefully when I am your age, hopefully my husband will still be alive.

And secondly I couldn't ever possibly see things the way you do. I wouldn't sell my home just to secure a fake hubby.

Now about that materialism, why not ask your fake hubby why you both can't subside and live on the level of earnings he had before he met you? Why do you need to sell the only financial asset you have just to secure him.

Now bashing me on my ability to be with my daughter doesn't really faze me. I have noted why before. It just kills you how direct and confrontation I am in regards to the humongous age gap and the necessity of transfering your only financial security to him.

I am secure in my choices. I did what I had to do. There is no money to support her with and I am required to be out of the home over 60 hours a week for work and school.

Now what do your adult children think of you selling your home, and moving in with a man their age and handing over your entire funds to him? Aren't they just a little worried that within 5 years you'll come home, broke (financially), broke emotionally, and possibly in legal trouble? Hell is mother going to live with us? HELLLLL!!?!??!?!?

When your money runs out, will he still want you? Just a rip of a paper and you are history. Most of the paperwork that is used to buy property, set up a bank account, register residency is in Arabic unless you go to the Foreign Service office in Cairo and these people will only help you if you have valid reason for being in Egypt.

Mzeden posted a thread on the value of Lawyers vs. Brokers.
http://egypttalk.net/cgi-local/ikonboard.cgi?s=0f073caa91e13d8f00be9c4c334d7f50;act=ST;f=1;t=12140

By now your fake hubby has already liquidated your funds in a way authorities can't track and you couldn't reach without his help.

Since you wanted to prove yourself to him so badly you did little to make sure you had a firm grip on the only thing that will sustain you in this world. You are old, no time left to build up another nest egg. And when your fake reality crumbles no man of England would ever have you.

But hell, thanks to the babyboom generation of Europe so many older near retirement lassies are funding young beggars so they won't have the need to run the streets and hustle. Man imagine the socail good this does. Though it is a national humiliation, it does keep the hustlers/beggars from doing crimes and clogging the justice system.

Your money will run out, you'll be to old to start over again, he'll probably move in with an aging relative who will keep him from harming society.

Yet retirement homes in England look chirpy, on PBS 'British Comedies' the old farts are always so drunk, they couldn't possibly be affected by the downers of being old.

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
No you haven't bother to pay attention to local customs and traditions.

No you are just going to be-little in the same tone as cairoexpat. He hasn't posted much, but when he has its been insulting. And you do no better.

Shall I move to Minnessotta to be near you so that I can better observe Egyptian local customs? They must have some good spy satellites set up there that let you hone in on Egyptian households and "observe".

I think leaving your baby on your in-laws doorsteps in Egypt proves just how much you know about customs and the society. Once and for all - stop making a bigger idiot out of yourself.

It's past the point of being entertaining - it's just pathetic and quite sad now.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Doing what none of yous will do. Share my entire expanse of my life with my husband. I can't spend my entire life in Egypt. I must comply with the INS regulations or lose my opportunity to come back to the USA.
--------------------------------------------
So you are both VISA hunters then, and will put your own needs above their daughter's needs. Any US citizen can return whenever they like they do not need college degrees
-------------------------------------------
Besides I am on the flip side of you. I don't have the funds to support my family. We can't receive any financial support from outside of mine and my husband's income. Then I must finish college.

Now you can't quite grasp that when you are so close to retirement with your own children grown.
--------------------------------------------
As you well know I am no where near retirement age, at least stick to the truth and you know nothing of my family as I don't plaster my personal life on this board.

Sorry S these are poor excuses for your actions and you know it what sort of a mother are you?

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairoexpat
Member # 1023

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairoexpat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First I like to apologies to everyone for getting the Village Girl off on another tangent.

Sonomod, I’m not sure what you’re asking here, but I’ll try and answer you the best I can.

Minneapolis, MN and surrounding surburbs are 4 million people. Its not a small town. We have 2 5 star resturants, Indiania has none. Not sure what two five star restaurants have to do with my post or anything else in life you’ll have to provide me with more info before I can give you an educated answer.

Dominated, are you serious? Mind you I believe God could be male or female, so dominated never occured to me. Once again I’m not sure what god has to do with my post, I guess you could say he was the driving force behind my creativity.

Suckered financially, well we both were suckered. His business failed and we found out later that we had been robbed by a business partner. Suckered, I am the one who found the accounting/bookkeeping mistakes so I am not suckered. We are overeducated and poor, but not suckered. Besides how many wives here have a luxury condo waithing for them in Alex, 10th floor over looking the Med? No one. I didn't pay for it, I didn't have to. Ok’ you got me on this one I didn’t know you were poor. I should have realized that when you told us about stilling food out of your mother’s freezer that you and Ahmed were poor. But I was right about getting screwed wasn’t I? You might want to edit your message and take out “well we both got suckered”, since only one of you got suckered and the other one got screwed.

My husband's visa was a professional/student visa, to do medical research. He only needed to go one day and if he didn't want to do so he didn't have to. The paperwork was in order and he had permenant residency before he married me. Plus at the port of entry to the USA he was handed paperwork explaining the naturalization process and a warm welcome to USA while his friend was given a cavity search. I’m really lost on this one. No where in my post did I talk about cavity searches, I did use the word screw, but not cavity search. Your not saying that your husband Ahmed was jealous are you?

His father's cousins are ambassadors, state judges, and parlament members. His uncles are generals and majors. My husband isn't a cabana boy. First, I never called your husband a cabana boy, but after reading that cavity search fetish thing you were talking about, you might want to keep his sexual fetishes a secret, this is a public forum. Second, if your husband’s family is so fare up the food chain in Egypt why do you and Ahmed have to still food to survive? And why didn’t these influential Egyptians help your husband to recover his money and support you financially so you didn’t have still food. Sonomod, your not telling us everything.

And you, you nasty old pervert. In retirement in Maadi responding to an ad in classifieds to for an "old woman" to live with- lola2000. You a man and responding to this ad is disguisiting. First, I never said I was old, you did, Second I’m retired and I accomplished it before I was forty. Third as I’ve posted before my four partners said I could not have a fifth. So get the Lola2000 out of your system or is this another fetish that you’re hiding from us? Wait a minuet… it’s all making since now. Lola2000 is your daughter and she is looking for a mother figure to replace the one that disserted her.

On top of that you don't mind if Egypt's neighbors rescind 20% or more of the Nile's flow which could kill thousands within a week. And yet you live in Egypt. Now I was raised in a neighborhood where half the kids had one parent who was Jewish, mind you Levantines. Are you living in the "Jewish Retirement Home" or working in it? Many times I have overheard in conversation that the Jews of this neighborhood are very anti-Muslim but yet still live in Egypt. And I don't recall one time you have posted a favorable comment of Egypt. Its appears as if you hate the country. Sonomod, I did not say I don’t mind. I said it’s a fact that Ethiopia will build dams on the Blue Nile, it’s their water. And for someone that is over educated making the statement that thousands would die within a week if 20% of the water was rescinded, not real smart village girl! Given the amount of water in Lake Nasser and at the Niles current flow and with only a 20% feed reduction I think were going to be OK if we can keep the population under control. Now my big question, what is this hang up you got with the Jewish people? What on earth did the Jewish people do to you in Minnesota?

My husband doesn't treat me like a village girl, but he did demand a dowry at first. I thought the women got the dowry not the man, this guy really does have some fetishes, please don’t tell us he a cross dresser?

"KISS"

[This message has been edited by cairoexpat (edited 06 March 2005).]

Posts: 133 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm coming in here a bit late. I don't have the time, nor the patience to read every post, after post, after post, after post, by Sonomod, or to Sonomod, but I have a few simple questions for her.

What are you studying? What is it you have to study so YOU can live in the USA? We can see you aren't tied to the books anyway, or you wouldn't have so much time to post here. Also, it doesn't seem your studies are very concerned with your spelling and grammar.... I'm a little surprised that a college student can get by with this, but the American school system does seem to be going down hill. I can't believe the skill level allowed for graduation and acceptance into university. What the hell is happening?

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Sorry S these are poor excuses for your actions and you know it what sort of a mother are you?

A mother that keeps the family together.

Not a homewreker like many of you fake wives.

And somehow you are blaming me for US INS laws and regulations, I am following laws and instructions given to me.

I am mother that gave up a year or two of our lives so we could have a better future.

And by the way, speaking of double standards, why isn't my husband a bad father for this?

Lassies like you use the double standard to prop yourselves up and take advantage of some horrendous practice.

Again why isn't my husband a bad father?

He is supposed to be the main vein of financial support, why isn't he more responsible than I?

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by cairoexpat:
First I like to apologies to everyone for getting the Village Girl off on another tangent.

Sonomod, I’m not sure what you’re asking here, but I’ll try and answer you the best I can.

[This message has been edited by cairoexpat (edited 06 March 2005).]

Again you avoided answering my questions directly.

Why not go out get into a taxi and find yourself some warmth on a corner somewhere.

The lassies are open about it on egyptsearch.com, so go find your lola2000.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com