EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » can anyone help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can anyone help
tan
Member # 7042

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for tan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my partner and i are coming to egypt and want to get married at the british embassy. has anyone done it or knows someone that has?
also to make sure we get all the paperwork sorted we would like to have a translator or legal person to help us.

Any ideas

Posts: 4 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tan:
my partner and i are coming to egypt and want to get married at the british embassy. has anyone done it or knows someone that has?
also to make sure we get all the paperwork sorted we would like to have a translator or legal person to help us.

Any ideas

as far as i know for a marriage to be legal it if done in egypt it has to be done in the foreign ministry, but i dont know for sure about this, i think it depend on if the one you marry is egyptian or not???

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tan!

Check this link out from the British Embassy, it explains all the necessary steps: http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1067967335955

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tan
Member # 7042

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
many thanks to you both. its the first time i have used this sight. iwill keep you posted as to how the arrangements are going.

can you tell me is it better to join an organised trip to pyramids and egyptian museum

Posts: 4 | From: uk | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chiggie
Member # 3526

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chiggie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tan.

Ive just recently done the UK Embassy/Misery of Justice marriage in Cairo.

Send me an email on mrsgad@hotmail.com and i will talk you through it.

With regards to the museum, buy a guide book and go by yourselves. Same with the pyramids.

Posts: 29 | From: portsmouth, UK | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Attorney at Law
Member # 6396

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Attorney at Law     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear,

We are prepared to provide the requested service.

The documents required non-Egyptians are as follows :

1. a certificate from your Consulate in Cairo that they have no objection for your marriage, Such certificate to be authenticated by the Egyptian Ministry of foreign Affairs.
2. A valid passport.
3. A valid residence Permission.
4. Five pictures 4 by 6.

The period required to finalize all the marriage procedures is only 10 days provided that all the requirements are fulfilled.

We are ready to obtain the residence permission for the wife and to make necessary translation and legalization of the marriage certificate.

Best Regards,

Yaser
Lawyer & Legal Advisor
The Egyptian Law Firm
info@egypt-law.com www.egypt-law.com

Posts: 94 | From: Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Attorney at Law
Member # 6396

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Attorney at Law     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear,

We are prepared to provide the requested service.

The documents required non-Egyptians are as follows :

1. a certificate from your Consulate in Cairo that they have no objection for your marriage, Such certificate to be authenticated by the Egyptian Ministry of foreign Affairs.
2. A valid passport.
3. A valid residence Permission.
4. Five pictures 4 by 6.

The period required to finalize all the marriage procedures is only 10 days provided that all the requirements are fulfilled.

We are ready to obtain the residence permission for the wife and to make necessary translation and legalization of the marriage certificate.

Best Regards,

Yaser
info@egypt-law.com www.egypt-law.com

Posts: 94 | From: Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com