EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Alex I m coming....Or I shouldnt.. ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Alex I m coming....Or I shouldnt.. ?
lagoudero
Member # 8711

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lagoudero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am coming to Alexandria ( from Greece) next week for 1-5 years.Thanks to this forum I have had all the information I need about costs of living , dress code, habits even the Egyptian bridegrooms!!!! Unfortunately I have deep concerns about the way of life and how my kids ( 14-11 ) will adjust to a completely new world for them.I would like to hear if someone faced this problem and how he/she managed to solve it.Your experience could be valuable to me . I am an adjustable person and I think I will like Egypt
Thanks

Posts: 11 | From: greece | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RaniaMe
Member # 7590

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RaniaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lagoudero, is your husband Egyptian?
Posts: 213 | From: Paris/ Le Caire | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lagoudero
Member # 8711

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lagoudero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no she is Greek to
Posts: 11 | From: greece | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Medhat
Member # 6648

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Medhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry. Just come as yourself and don't change a thing.
There are many similarities between the Greek and the Egyptian cultures, even the food.
You will also encounter large number of Greeks in Alexandria.
Best of luck, and welcome to Egypt.

Posts: 7 | From: Pittsburgh, PA USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptourguide
Member # 5233

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptourguide   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alexandria had been choicest since about 3 years ago as most beautiful city in all Arab countries
when great Alexander built it he wanted to built city more beautiful than Rome during this time
some Italian tourists i guided them in Alex where telling me that some places looks like south of Italy
here some Italian schools,Greek clubs i do not think that you will feel boring may not every thing is excellent or may you do not going to like every thing but at same time you will like many things
and do not be worry about children this is their chance to learn about other cultures
my advice for you that modest in clothes so important you will live in Muslim country most women will be in veil just showing their faces so covering hands and wide pantaloons would do the work
i am Alexandrian till bone all my life here and if you like to have Egyptian female friend i welcome be your friend just e mail me http://soha.egypt.tripod.com

[This message has been edited by egyptourguide (edited 23 August 2005).]

Posts: 167 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lagoudero
Member # 8711

Rate Member
It would be pleasure to have an Egyptian friend.These dress codes are for males to?( I am male in case you didnt understand)
egyptourguide
Member # 5233

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptourguide   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes actually i thought that you are female
at all you have all my respect and also the help i can offering to you i am sure you can have many male Egyptian friends easy(insha allah)

Posts: 167 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com