EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Internship?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Internship?
Merima
Member # 9658

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Merima     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everybody!

I have been following your threads for a couple of weeks, so most of you seem so familiar to me [Smile] . I was in Cairo and Alex in April/May; reading your posts make me feel closer to these wonderful cities. And what is even more important, i gained an interesting insight into the Egyptian society and the prevailing attitudes by reading your comments. Thanks a lot for that, guys!
Since I´d like to spend some time in Egypt, I´m thinking about applying for an internship in an Egyptian or an international company / organization settled in Egypt. Can you tell me anything about internship in Egypt? Is it common practice? Are there many companies offering internship? Is it possible for foreigners to apply? Can you think of any company I can address my application to. So far, I´m going to apply at the Goethe-Institut and some other German institutes? Do you have any further suggestions (not necessarily a German company/organization)

I nearly forgot: I´m studying Political Science and Sociology at a German university. I´m speaking German, Bosnian and English.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Best regards, Merima

Posts: 173 | From: Germany | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann
Member # 106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try this link: http://www.caps.aucegypt.edu/

The German embassy in Cairo could probably provide you an address list of German companies in Egypt. Try Bayer & Henkel, they both have a large set-up in Cairo.

Some of the larger international market research agencies might be interested in your background & I know that they regularly recruit interns. Try ACNielsen (www.acnielsen.com) & TNS (www.tns-global.com)

Good luck
Ann

Posts: 316 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hkhodier
Member # 705

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for hkhodier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what the meaning of internship
Posts: 106 | From: cairo,egypt | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merima
Member # 9658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Merima     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ann: Thanks a lot for your response. I will check both, Bayer as well as Henkel ;-)

hkhodier: When you do an internship, you undergo a supervised practical trainig in a company or an organisation. The good thing about an internship is that you gain some work-experience; you see what this particular field of work is like in reality. This way, it´s easier to estimate whether this very job is something you could be content with. And of course, you get to know people who might help you to get this job or who may acquaint you with other important people. But the best thing about internship is that you are there to learn. So when you happen to make a mistake or be in a tricky situation, you learn a lesson for the future (without facing consequences like being fired, etc.)

So long!

Posts: 173 | From: Germany | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hkhodier
Member # 705

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for hkhodier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks very much for this information
ana iam happy to reponse any questoin in legal carere in egypt i work in judge in civil cases

Posts: 106 | From: cairo,egypt | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com