EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Visiting Egypt » Besides spreading the good word (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Besides spreading the good word
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for jarvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
doing drugs/drinking
and messing with eygpt women

is there anything else American tourists should'nt do in eygpt?

Posts: 229 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, and touching nile water, drinking unbottled water,makeing sure your food is hot, and being rude....
Posts: 229 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't be rude! [Eek!]

Make sure you tip properly.

[Wink]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't dress up too sexy whether you are a man or a woman. And protect yourself well from the sun with a hat and sun blocker. Other than that you are good to go. Have fun in Egypt! [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for jarvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
but here's my problem, I could wear a wet suit, cover alls, a chemical suit, and be inside of a goose down sleeping bag...

and yet the women are still attracked to me like steel to a magnet....

the womens can't get enough of jarvis...

this is my delema when visiting eygpt..

[Confused]

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jarvis:
but here's my problem, I could wear a wet suit, cover alls, a chemical suit, and be inside of a goose down sleeping bag...

and yet the women are still attracked to me like steel to a magnet....

the womens can't get enough of jarvis...

this is my delema when visiting eygpt..

[Confused]

ROFL!!! [Big Grin] If your loving skills are as good as your spelling and punctuation, I don't think you'll be bothered too much by the ladies!!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jarvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im just trying to be very very carefull, I don't want to cause a international incident because of some folks infactuation with me.
Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Show Time     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Jarvis you are too handsome to be true [Big Grin]

God willing there will be no crisis cause of your visit. we don't wanna girls go loose running after you .... and you know Egyptian blood is hot... so we gonna end up by men running after the girls chasing you ... [Roll Eyes] oooh my God Egypt will be in a chaos
So I will solve you the dilemma when you visit Egypt, I will take you in a tour to a nice Egyptian bar,not like the ones normal tourists visit [Smile] and I will give you one year guarantee, that no woman will bother you anymore. You will be immune [Big Grin]

Posts: 627 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
Im not exactly clear on what your hinting at... [Confused]

I wish it was just a physical attraction..if it was that I could probably bottle it and retire,
(if only it was just that)

Lord knows Ive paid enough dues in my life..

it's more of a , I don't know,charisma problem perhaps?. I don't know if it's my meekness, humbleness, or boundless
patience, that cause a gravitational pull on the opposite sex towards me.

whatever it is..I just hope restrant is shown.
because my main goal is to get real cool video of the antiquities of eygpt.

I'll be sure to stear clear of any large gatherings of belly dancers. That would be a major problem..

loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for loborules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do you have an ego problem, women swoon over me, what a conceited jerk. A true good looking person shows more class.
Posts: 816 | From: On top of a dog house | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
hey,don't hate me because Im beautiful!
the real question here is,
does love know geographic borders? should a person be boxed and processed for only a certain segment of sociaty? I ask all of you,Is a man an island?

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
hey,don't hate me because Im beautiful!
the real question here is,
does love know geographic borders? should a person be boxed and processed for only a certain segment of sociaty? I ask all of you,Is a man an island?

What you described above is exactly how 70% of the world choses their spouses.

Its just us, the weirdos in the west you cannot get it right!

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I ask all of you,Is a man an island?

No but maybe some men shut be put one one.... alone!!!!!! [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Samia !!!
Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for jarvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just messing with y'all....
women don't really run to me like steel to a magnet...acctaully in jr. high they kinda did, but I gained a few pounds and smoked a few cigerreets..
now Im just like everyone else.

but what if Im supposed to be with a egyption women and Im denided that because of a silly pariniod muslim rule?

I mean are all western women barred from going with an egpytion man?

remember:

do unto others, as you would have done unto yourself...

MTLEGY
Member # 7200

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MTLEGY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Samia: LOL [Smile] power shot [Smile]

Jarvis: In case you failed Geography and History Classes (it's obvious you failed English with honors), Egypt is a Muslim Country, respect the rules and practice good manners, your sense of humor seems fine to me but you seem to lack other skills, you should be ok, just don't mess with the wrong crowd.

There is enough Westernization in Egypt, it saddens me. So, point is, Practice Self respect (ignorance is what misleads man to have his legs cut off). Enjoy your "freedom" in the west and let the middle Easters with their "silly rules" , ummm by the way, this is how we spell PARANOID, at least in Canada...

Hey Enjoy your trip, don't get caught by me if you have to mess around with Egyptian Women [Smile]

Posts: 25 | From: Worldwide | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't sound like an American tourist, jarvis ...
Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for jarvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so are you all saying that the US should say no muslim men can go with American women?

or not? it seems somewhat..well not somewhat, but totally hypocritical...

[Confused]

jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia:
You don't sound like an American tourist, jarvis ...

why do you say that?
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
so are you all saying that the US should say no muslim men can go with American women?

or not? it seems somewhat..well not somewhat, but totally hypocritical...

[Confused]

Islam permits Muslim men to marry Christian and Jewish women. But Muslim women cannot marry outside of their faith. Therefore, Egypt's cultural practices generally follow suit.

It's not hypocritical in the context you give. It's not Egypt per se saying a you can't date or *go around* with a Muslim woman in Egypt. It's her faith that will probably stop her from doing so.

Just like in the US, there are Baptists who won't date or marry anyone but another Baptist. Or Mormons who don't marry anyone but Mormons. Or Amish who don't marry anyone but Amish. Or Jews who don't marry anyone but Jews.

See the similarity?

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
ok, now that you put it like that it seems ok... [Smile]

see, this is why I ask before I go...

acctually , messing with a eygption women wasen't even on my mind till I read a couple threads on here about women from europe messing with muslim dudes..

but there is one stark difference...and thats that both sexes of baptist or mormons practice interfaith marriage, not just one..

jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
and really only the quakers and parisi trully follow interfaith marriage..
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
so basicly mohamed wanted to leave a window open so he could screw around?

and his 9 wifes could'nt?

heck...I'd be down with that if I turned my back on Christ..and lived for the flesh and not the spirit..

unfortunately thats a road that leads to hell..

[Frown]

daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:

heck...I'd be down with that if I turned my back on Christ..and lived for the flesh and not the spirit..

[Frown]

Hookay. You don't have to agree with Islamic principles...but I suggest you don't be so flippant about it when visiting Egypt, OK?

It is my understanding that the rationale behind dictating who can marry whom deals with the continuation of the religion. It is thought that if the husband is Muslim, it is more likely all the children will be raised Muslim. If a Muslim woman marries outside the faith, the new husband is likely to dictate what religion the kids will be. In addition, if a Muslim woman marries a non-Muslim man, the man may pressure the Muslim woman to not practice her Islam.

daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
but there is one stark difference...and thats that both sexes of baptist or mormons practice interfaith marriage, not just one..

Perhaps. But with Jews, since Judaism is passed down through the mother, it is of particular importance that a Jewish man marry a Jewish woman if he wants his children to be Jewish. So Jews have the reverse issue....a Jewish woman can marry whomever she wants while it is incumbent on the man to marry a Jewish woman.

While Islam has very specific rules about these types of issues, in practice you will see similar issues in almost any religion.

My Episcopalian mother was adamant that neither my brother nor I marry a Catholic. And her generation didn't see too many Catholics marrying outside their faith. Even in my generation (I'm 38), I had a good number of friends who converted to Catholicism to marry their Catholic boyfriends/girlfriends.

jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
"For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it. For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels."
Mark 8:34-38

I've said my peace..

and don't fret muslim men and women..I don't want to marry you...
and have a nice day:)

ps, Im just going to Eygpt so I can witness the power of God.

Exod.7
[1] And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.
[2] Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel out of his land.
[3] And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in the land of Egypt.
[4] But Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay my hand upon Egypt, and bring forth mine armies, and my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments.
[5] And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I stretch forth mine hand upon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them.

[Smile]

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it. For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels."

I've said my peace..

Exod.7
[1] And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.
[2] Thou shalt speak all that I command thee: and Aaron thy brother shall speak unto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel out of his land.
[3] And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in the land of Egypt.
[4] But Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay my hand upon Egypt, and bring forth mine armies, and my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments.
[5] And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I stretch forth mine hand upon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them.

[Smile]

Is this a future, Morgan, Kafir4ever, Horemheb, Mrs. Doubtfire, Snapdragon, all the other's I haven't listed?
Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
quote:

I've said my peace..

Exod.7

[Smile]

Is this a future, Morgan, Kafir4ever, Horemheb, Mrs. Doubtfire, Snapdragon, all the other's I haven't listed?
no, just had to state where Im comeing from [Smile]
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
quote:

[Frown]

Hookay. You don't have to agree with Islamic principles...but I suggest you don't be so flippant about it when visiting Egypt, OK?

It is my understanding that the rationale behind dictating who can marry whom deals with the continuation of the religion. It is thought that if the husband is Muslim, it is more likely all the children will be raised Muslim. If a Muslim woman marries outside the faith, the new husband is likely to dictate what religion the kids will be. In addition, if a Muslim woman marries a non-Muslim man, the man may pressure the Muslim woman to not practice her Islam.

oh yeah, I forget mormons,baptists and catholics don't justify 1st degree murder for leaveing their religion too...

Im still trying to understand this "if you give respect you get respect" thing too...

I allways thought it was a 2 way street...

[Confused]

daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
oh yeah, I forget mormons,baptists and catholics don't justify 1st degree murder for leaveing their religion too...

Im still trying to understand this "if you give respect you get respect" thing too...

I allways thought it was a 2 way street...

[Confused]

You are mixing two issues. [Confused]

The *give respect, get respect* has to do with your attitude while visiting Egypt.

The Islamic rules for marriage or being kufr are separate issues.

I thought you wanted advice on what to do while visiting Egypt. Didn't realize you wanted to denigrate Islam. If you don't like it, don't be a Muslim. Nobody's asking you to. [Roll Eyes]

jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
Snoozin,I appreciate you being cool about it...

I like debateing things sometimes though...it helps me zero in on my stance..trust me, I have no more dislike for muslims than I do for alot of Americans who are atheists. there's alot of things I agree with muslims on.

trust me, when I get to eygpt the only thing Im going to be focusing on is how to capture the best video..and learning the history of the place...

I hope you don't take offence by what I say about muslims. ussually when Im slamming it ,Im thinking about the bin laden type charactors..not the 90%+ who are not nut cases. I mean if ever muslim was a bin laden, there probably would'nt be any muslims left after a couple weeks..

[Smile]

jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
quote:
Snoozin,I appreciate you being cool about it...

I like debateing things sometimes though...it helps me zero in on my stance..trust me, I have no more dislike for muslims than I do for alot of Americans who are atheists. there's alot of things I agree with muslims on.

trust me, when I get to eygpt the only thing Im going to be focusing on is how to capture the best video..and learning the history of the place...

I hope you don't take offence by what I say about muslims. ussually when Im slamming islam ,Im thinking about the bin laden type charactors..not the 90%+ who are not nut cases. I mean if every muslim was a bin laden, there probably would'nt be any muslims left after a couple weeks..

[Smile]

jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for loborules     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH please, you think your a beautiful person? like lobo said before, if you were indeed one, you would show more class...

If you really want to impress Egyptians, stand in the middle of the Corniche, and yell Suey suey suey ... that will get ya lots of points ...and then crack open a bud light ..

Posts: 816 | From: On top of a dog house | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
acctually through the years,egyptians have probably cracked open more beers than America, germany, england and austrilia combined...

and why would I call for your mother in corniche?

loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
its for your mother ... or any egyptian female nearby, since your so good looking and woman just swoon over you its the official egyptian mating call ...
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
egyptian females are fair and lovely people, who I respect AND keep my distance from...

[Smile]

loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
uh huh ... where are you from?
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
why?
Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Show Time     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by crazylobo:
uh huh ... where are you from?

It seems that i missed alot [Smile] ... wanted to ask the same lobo..do you guys heard before a man says im beautifull [Smile]
Posts: 627 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
quote:
why?

why what?
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
lobo is just curious on where jarvis is from and if jarvis is an american?
Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
By the way are you a gay [Roll Eyes] , some guys were here some time ago ...they might be interested
Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
He got an amazing English lobo [Big Grin]
Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
WHERE IS THIS GUY , we wanna have some fun [Razz]
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
Im from the republic of vanuatu
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
I can't be gay, women worldwide would be depressed..
Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
LOL [Big Grin] WHAT ...... republic of Holo Lolo
jarvis
Member # 9832

Rate Member
so I can't go to your gay bar in eygpt sam...
loborules
Member # 5457

Member Rated:
are you pretty, sam or beautiful?
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com