EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Living and Working in Cairo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Living and Working in Cairo
Liza
Member # 278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all !
I am moving to Cairo (Maadi)next month for a period of 3 months initially to see if I can find a good job. I have been to Egypt before and I loved it! I am Irish, 27 years old and work as a marketing consultant. I have a degree in business and a degree in marketing and several years experience. What are my chances of securing employment in Cairo? My biggest impediment unfortunately is that I don't have Arabic although I am starting to learn. I would welcome your opinion regarding the employment situation in Cairo especially for Europeans. Thank you
Liza

Posts: 26 | From: Ireland | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elizabeth sullivan
Member # 317

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for elizabeth sullivan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi, please contact me . I am going to live in maadi. and we can be friends. I am going there for research. my e-mail address is:
easx@hotmail.com.
by

Posts: 6 | From: san diego, CA, united states | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
your_male2000
Member # 1286

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for your_male2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI I'm Mohamed I live in Maadi too so if you want any help you're welcome.. send to me on your_male2000@yahoo.com
Posts: 61 | From: Maadi,Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairowannabee
Member # 742

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairowannabee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Liza
The overwelming piece of advice that come from the forum tends to be you would be better to get a job back home and then come here. If you secure work whilst in Egypt the chance sare that you will be paid less and have an inferior package, compared to getting the same job from home.

regards
cwb

Posts: 313 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raúl Barcelona
Member # 1309

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Raúl Barcelona     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!
I´m moving too to Cairo in two weeks and I have a lot of dudes on Egypt labour system. I´m gonna work at Saudi Arabia hotel with spanish management. That means I will have an Egypt contract and I have tons of dudes: incomes deductions, health, cost of living in Cairo.....

I´m going to Egypt alone ¿How is the people there? ¿Is it easy to make friends?

Posts: 6 | From: Barcelona | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
musafir
Member # 1264

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for musafir     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi -

I am in the same boat; I am moving to Cairo for a year - my husband is doing his research for his Phd while I am going to try and find a job in my field - I have a back ground working with startups and technology companies in the San francisco Bay area.

I have targeted a few interesting tech. companies in Cairo, and trying to figure out the best way to get in touch with them.

I am open to moving out of my field - the tourism industry seems very interesting.

I am moving in Jan 2003 - would love to keep in touch with you all;

my email is nhasnat@yahoo.com

good luck!

Posts: 59 | From: San Francisco, USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rabab yousry
Member # 1634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rabab yousry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[if you are a marketing consultant i think you might have a chance. A friend of mine has a center foro training and sonsultancy. she hires people like you. When u coem to Egypt contact me on rabab_yousry@hotmail.com
Posts: 23 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AussieInCairo
Member # 1030

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for AussieInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Liza!
"Welcome in Egypt!"
Get used to that expression coz you'll be hearing it a lot when you arrive in Egypt .

It’s great that you’re so excited about coming to Egypt ... and you’ve good reason to be because it’s such a magnificent and exciting country. I’m also a foreigner who was given the wonderful opportunity to live and work in Egypt a couple of years ago.

Cairo is a very safe city but being a single girl you should be very aware of the Egyptian men that will try to befriend you! A good example is Your_Male2000’s sleazy posting above! I’ve met a few of these types before and to be honest the kind of Egyptian men you're likely to meet being a foreigner, you should be very careful from them. They're sleazy, immature, liars and down-right deceitful! You’ll be surprised at the kind of tricks they’ll come up with in order to befriend you and of course they almost always have bad intentions in mind! You'll also see a number of arrogant Egyptian "boys" cruising around in their flash BMWs that their daddies bought them ... they drive around looking for girls to pick up off the streets and try to impress you with their flash cars and fat wallets!! Be careful from them also.

OK Liza. I hope I've been of some help! You sound like a wonderful young person and it’d be an honor if you decide to keep in touch with me! If you like I could email you with my mobile no. A huge foreign city like Cairo can be such a daunting place for a stranger and it’d be my pleasure to meet you when you arrive here. I take it that you’re a single girl

Bye for now and take care.

AussieBoy

Posts: 134 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alabanda
Member # 594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alabanda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aussie, doesn't this sound like... Watch Egyptian men like "your male". but hey I'm doing the same thing?

Posts: 320 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
primak
Member # 494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for primak         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your Male whatever post was angelic compared to aussie's sleaze...fed up of egyptian "beauties" are you? Baygon isn't working is it?
Posts: 1516 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Art In Black
Member # 1410

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Art In Black     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now is this a bullshitter or is he a bullshitter?

" I take it that you’re a single girl "

Now Liza, i would say this is the kind of man u should be aware of.

Posts: 355 | From: Egypt | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liza
Member # 278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the 'late' replies to a message I posted over 18 months ago!!! I have lived in Egypt for over 12 months now LOL
Posts: 26 | From: Ireland | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Donya
Member # 448

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Donya     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol Liza...so? how are you finding living and working in Cairo? What have you found to be the pro's and con's?
I would be interested in your response.

Best regards
Donya

Posts: 213 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AussieInCairo
Member # 1030

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for AussieInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
woops! Well, it was worth a try I guess!

AssyBoy

Posts: 134 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liza
Member # 278

Rate Member
Hi Donya
To answer your question - I am finding life in Egypt a myriad of things but mainly a wonderful experience. I (think) I have settled in pretty well but it's a constant learning curve. The honeymoon period is over and the initial delight in everything that was different turned to frustration for a while. Thankfully my level of understanding of the society is improving gradually.

Egypt is a gem and anyone who has any desire to travel should take the chance. Life is too short for stagnation.

What about you Donya? What is your situation?

jaci
Member # 3597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Liza - my name is Jaci, i am hopefully going to work in cairo in the not too distant future & was hoping you could give me some advice! many thanks Jaci
Posts: 1 | From: wales | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi my frined, i wish u a happy time here , and enjoy ur time , there are a lot of maadi residents here, and i am one of them , so i will be glad if u 'd like to share ur problems with us here, i am sure u will find alot of benifits here.

we are all ur friends and ur guides here in case u need anything

------------------
BoBBoSS

Posts: 249 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slim
Member # 3622

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for slim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI,

I am a US highschool student. I live in chicago and was wondering could you help me with a project on the injustices going on in Egypt at this time. Have you experienced this? Are there any local newspapers I can look up? If you could help that would be really great. It's just me and another girl on this project and its hard to do without an inside source. I hope this finds you.
holla- NIKOLE

Posts: 8 | From: Chicago, IL, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seeking you
Member # 3842

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for seeking you     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI Liza
I am happy that you are coming to egypt
i am 26 egyptian
i like to have freinds from all the world
i live in zamalek it is not far from maadi
20 min
hmmm actually i hope to hear from you soon coz here we can introduce ourselves freely , u know all ppl read lol
anyway i hopr to hear from you soon
here is my mail: y_elaskalany@hotmail.com
take care
best regards

Posts: 6 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianDoc77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AussieInCairo:

what a posting, just look up uir profile urself and check ur interests, didnt u write girls ( egyptian girls)??? what do u think then
u might be old but believe me ur post is so immature and sounds like, they r bad iam the best...lol..be more smart next time and plz be sensible and not much extremist in a message..

how old r u by the way??? i hope not 12

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy
Resident Doctor of Dermatology & Andrology

Posts: 689 | From: Miami Beach, FL | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by seeking you:
HI Liza
I am happy that you are coming to egypt
i am 26 egyptian
i like to have freinds from all the world
i live in zamalek it is not far from maadi
20 min
hmmm actually i hope to hear from you soon coz here we can introduce ourselves freely , u know all ppl read lol
anyway i hopr to hear from you soon
here is my mail: y_elaskalany@hotmail.com
take care
best regards

Geeeez ... check the date of the initial post ... Liza has been here for about two years by now and she doesn't check this board any more ...

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianDoc77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahahaha

hey dalia, seeking u seeks anyone at any time even if in the past, thats why he is "seeking you"

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy
Resident Doctor of Dermatology & Andrology

Posts: 689 | From: Miami Beach, FL | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nutso_Ordinary
Member # 3826

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nutso_Ordinary   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EgyptianDoc77:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AussieInCairo:

what a posting, just look up uir profile urself and check ur interests, didnt u write girls ( egyptian girls)??? what do u think then
u might be old but believe me ur post is so immature and sounds like, they r bad iam the best...lol..be more smart next time and plz be sensible and not much extremist in a message..

how old r u by the way??? i hope not 12

Could you explain what it is you found objectionable in his post...aside from the fact he's replying to a 2year old post.

Posts: 40 | From: Mars | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com