EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Prohibited Marriage

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Prohibited Marriage
Jamilah
Member # 2957

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamilah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear members of the board,

I'm sorry if i don't take part in discussions these days. There are incredible changes in my life. As you know i have an egyptian fiance and we were going to get married soon.

Now our marriage is under the threat. He had a long talk with his family (mother, grandmother, uncles, aunts, etc.)about his intentions concerning me. The problem is that his parents are against our marriage and even tells him that if he gets married me they don't accept not only me but him and even exheridate him. I know that he cares about me too much and he feels very bad about all these now. He doesn't call and sms me now and i think because he affraids to talk about it with me because it hurts me and him too much.

I don't know what to do. As i know man has a right to make decisoins and the family has to accept it. He is not so old but he is the oldest in his family and he takes care about all sisters and brothers and of course mother.

I don't know what to think but i really care about him and even afraid to lose him i want to be with him.

Posts: 247 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry to hear about your problems. It must be so hard on both you and him and even his family. Cross cutural relationships are very hard. They want the best for their eldest son and find the idea of a non Egyptian wife abhorant. He loves and wants you but also has love for his family and his responsiblites there. You love him and are prepared to do what you can to make it work.

Do you know what their specific objections are. Are their worries are solveable by any promises on your part?

There is no easy answer to this as has often been discussed on this board, marriage to an Egyptian is not just to him but to his family and if they are against it you are between a rock and hard place.

You have my deep sympathy.

------------------
UK Co-owner of www.toursinluxor.co.uk Accommodation and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ledka
Member # 3273

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ledka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweety, Jamilah! Please be patient. Remember what my friend told you. I think he gave you a very right advice.U r a very nice girl and deserve only the best cos u r really perfect!But let him be a man and don't push him to any decisions. And if he is that stupid that he will let u go, he doesn't deserve you then.

Posts: 16 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carissima Jamilah,
This was surprising and of course I felt so bad for you, but hang in there for a little while and be patient.. just a bit.

I was under the impression that the marriage plans were already organized, and that is what I understood from your posts to me, and to us in general, a month or so ago...
My only advice to you would be very close to Ledka's actually...
If he decides to let you go instead of standing up for his rights and for his own life whatever the consequences then carissima, he certainly is not worth it...you will be hurt at first but time heals...and then life goes on and you will find someone who will appreciate you and your love and stand by you no matter what and that is real manhood.

I wish you the best and please keep us posted and we'll all support you...that is the beauty of this board!

Tanti auguri bella!
Ciao
Monica

quote:
Originally posted by Jamilah:
Dear members of the board,

I'm sorry if i don't take part in discussions these days. There are incredible changes in my life. As you know i have an egyptian fiance and we were going to get married soon.

Now our marriage is under the threat. He had a long talk with his family (mother, grandmother, uncles, aunts, etc.)about his intentions concerning me. The problem is that his parents are against our marriage and even tells him that if he gets married me they don't accept not only me but him and even exheridate him. I know that he cares about me too much and he feels very bad about all these now. He doesn't call and sms me now and i think because he affraids to talk about it with me because it hurts me and him too much.

I don't know what to do. As i know man has a right to make decisoins and the family has to accept it. He is not so old but he is the oldest in his family and he takes care about all sisters and brothers and of course mother.

I don't know what to think but i really care about him and even afraid to lose him i want to be with him.

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 22 December 2003).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamilah
Member # 2957

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamilah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Akshar i'm ready to change my style of life and to live under egyptian laws and customs. And i realise what i do.

Unfortunately i don't know their specific objections because i didn't talk to them face-to-face only by phone. We planned to meet when i come this time after he visits me. I was sure that his parents (actually mum and uncle and aunt) not against but as i understand now they thought that he's just playing with me and were sure that this is just for some time not forever.

Ledka, darling, thank you and your friend very much you realy support me!!!!!! That were real and competent thoughts.

Monica, amica, yes it was like planned already but last two-three weeks everything went heels over head and it confused me a lot, yesterday i felt that there is something serious but he told me that it's only in MY head - wrong feelings. But today i talked to his friend. He knew that i would be very hurt and it hurts him more. I do understand him.

But you are right he MUST stands up for his rights!!!!! And if he doesn't it means that he's weak, not strong or doesn't love me enough

Posts: 247 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jamilah, io me ne vado subito - ma volevo dirti che lui forse ti ama moltissimo, ma non e forte, non e come un uomo devrebbe essere. Un uomo in Egitto, che si occupa delle sorelle e della madre e quasi ' a slave' to them...capisci?

Anyway dear I wish you the best always...
Monica

quote:

Monica, amica, yes it was like planned already but last two-three weeks everything went heels over head and it confused me a lot, yesterday i felt that there is something serious but he told me that it's only in MY head - wrong feelings. But today i talked to his friend. He knew that i would be very hurt and it hurts him more. I do understand him.

But you are right he MUST stands up for his rights!!!!! And if he doesn't it means that he's weak, not strong or doesn't love me enough

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamilah
Member # 2957

Rate Member
Monica ))))
You make me smile!!!!!!!!!! certo, ti capisco bene ma lui mio amore e per sempre...

Penso i suoi parenti sono impauriti di me perché mi presta più attenzione allora loro
e può sono impauriti che li dimentica o li lascia. Non ha padre, così la sua madre è sola. Capisci?!?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
Jamilah, io me ne vado subito - ma volevo dirti che lui forse ti ama moltissimo, ma non e forte, non e come un uomo devrebbe essere. Un uomo in Egitto, che si occupa delle sorelle e della madre e quasi ' a slave' to them...capisci?

Anyway dear I wish you the best always...
Monica

Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Jamilah,

This is definitely a very bad situation for you to be in. In-laws can ruin a marriage, and it seems that your fiance's parents are determined to prevent your marriage from taking place in the first place. There really is only one solution for you.

The first thing that your fiance must do is agree to be 100 percent on your side. That means that he has to agree that your marriage comes first, before his relationship with his parents. It means that he has to cut an umbilical cord that he is finding very difficult to sever. I don't know if he will be able to do this.

I think you would both benefit from the help of a third party to reassure you that there are ways for your fiance to become his own person, if your fiance really wants to build a good marriage, he's got to confront his parents and insist that they stop what they've been doing. This is going to take a great deal of courage, and your fiance will need to have people with him for emotional support when he confronts them.

What should your fiance say when he speaks to his parents? He can re-emphasize the fact that he wants to marry you and wants their love and support, but if they insist on insulting you and your family and trying to dissuade him from marrying you, the marriage will take place without their blessings.

If your fiance can't go along with these suggestions, the two of you need to have a serious discussion about whether he is ready to get married in the first place.

It all becomes a question of independence vs. dependence.

People are usually able to determine for themselves whether a relationship is working for them or not, and are sometimes able to get at good helpful strategies when they are not. On occasion, a lack of experience or knowledge or development can keep a person from being able to make an informed choice.

I don't agree on marryying without their approval.
Please don't underestimate the amount of problems U will have then.

1- You will have to distance yourselves geographically from his family. Do not live in the same neighborhood, and try not to live in the same city.

2- Limit how often the two of you see his parents, individually and as a couple. Even though you may not want to see your husband's parents at all, it will be important for him to maintain some amount of a relationship with them.

I hope that these suggestions are helpful.

And remeber
With time things will sort themselves out and you'll be happier with yourself.

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Posts: 544 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Certamente che ti capisco. Questo e un vero problema, perche la madre non vuole che il suo figlio si sposa...sono sicura...

In anycase, he should stand up for his rights.

Ti dico Ciao amica, e alla prossima in Gennaio 2004...

Monica

quote:
Monica ))))
You make me smile!!!!!!!!!! certo, ti capisco bene ma lui mio amore e per sempre...

Penso i suoi parenti sono impauriti di me perché mi presta più attenzione allora loro
e può sono impauriti che li dimentica o li lascia. Non ha padre, così la sua madre è sola. Capisci?!?!?!

Jamilah
Member # 2957

Rate Member
Dear Adoula,
Yes you are 100 % right about our relationship with parents and i do want to make contacts, no to be a part of his family, and i thought that they take me as i am because they were so nice when i talked to them and even i felt careness in their voice and even they wanted sometimes to take part in my life at least they were interested in it. That's why i exclude the possibility of marring without their approval and i do really want them to bless our marriage!!!!!
The thing is i don't know what my amore has in his mind for this moment i didn't talk to him from yesterday and i know that now he's not ready to talk to me and even me too. I want to help him but i think he has to understand that if he doesn't do anything he's in a weak situation. I want him to understant how much he loves me and i'm not going to solve it myself i guess here is his turn to approve himself. Yes we should go through it together but he's hiding now he's making decisions and doesn't want to involve me in it now. And you know i think it's better to give him time to think and not to push him.

That's very right what you write but we live in different countries and you know i can come even tomorrow but i don't want to be too easy for him. I don't know what we can do, no WE yes we can act like you write to be together and to try to enssure parents and relatives that this is to the best that we're together. BUT he feels guilty for this situation now because i guess maybe he hasn't expected this himself may be hasn't thought too serious and he's spinning out time because realy i'm very disappointed now and angree.

So, that's more complicated. Oh, mamma mia!!!! Why everything is so difficult? I don't know what to do NOW.

Jamilah
Member # 2957

Rate Member
Monica, cara, non so, ama sua madre tanto molto e penso que soffrira ma la famiglia a lui e molto importante. Non conosco che cosa pensare.....

quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
Certamente che ti capisco. Questo e un vero problema, perche la madre non vuole che il suo figlio si sposa...sono sicura...

In anycase, he should stand up for his rights.

Ti dico Ciao amica, e alla prossima in Gennaio 2004...

Monica

msjen
Member # 2852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for msjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ciao bella
only have half a cent worth of wisdom left now but that would be that it needs to be HIS decision ... oh i know, waitig is HORRIBLE!
feeling for you,
jen

Posts: 661 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamilah
Member # 2957

Rate Member
Ciao a tutti!!!!!!
Thank you very much for your support and help!!!!!!!!

Yesterday evening he called me and told me just four-five precious words that i understood that he's standing his and my rights in his family and evrything will be ok, will be insieme forever and he will never ever let me go!!!!!

I'm so happy!!! So i guess he is a MAN!!!!! Oh, I adore him

Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jamilah,

Marraige is a ton of work. A ton. That's one of the things people either don't tell you, or don't convey fully to you before you get married. It's one of those "secrets" that you have to experience to know.

In the course of your marriage, there will be many times when you will expect your husband to stand with you, be loyal to you and respect you.

The situation U R in now is one of those unique times that will allow U to know how much he loves U before marriage.

For certain, there are situations in which we make choices that parents know in their hearts and in their experienced minds, are wrong. But your fiance must be a real man, and be able to take his own decesion.

He must tell his parents that they can't make him stop loving U just because they're not happy about it...

They raised a son to grow, move on, take his own decesion, and marry. He must be able to deal with them.

You must get yourself out of the middle of this situation.

Now I would like to ask U:
Do ya really want his parents to do that just to please you?

Tough question to answer.

Jamilah,
They are missing out on wonderful new additions to the family.
Be cool

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Posts: 544 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've made all what you can, then it's time for him to step in.

He needs to explain to them, in private, that you are his choice and that if they loves him they at least needs to respect his choice of a wife.

However, if after all his efforts, you still feel unwelcome in your mother-in-law's home,
accept the fact that you may never be able to change her view of you.

Then it will be your decesion, either to accept the idea of marrying without their acceptance which I do not recommend or not.

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

Jamilah
Member # 2957

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Adoula:

Now I would like to ask U:
Do ya really want his parents to do that just to please you?

Tough question to answer.

Pardon, can you explain? i can't get what you mean?

Jamilah
Member # 2957

Rate Member
Yes Adoula, he's urging our marriage and his choice upon them and to my mind as i understood they just afraid for him because i'm western-minded and to them it's something not ordinary if he gets married egyptian they are more protected, you understand what i mean, they at least are sure that if something goes wrong both families will do the best to keep their family but in my situation they can do nothing.

My parents care for me too too much but to them it's more easier to accept our marriage because we, western, are more self-sufficient. My mom after i told her that our relationships are too serious and i think we get married she didn't tell me oh, my baby i'm so glad for you, NO!!!! she insisted me to think twice and was trying to stop our relationships. So, the same i think goes now with him.

I will wait anyway, i'm sure that this is not for long time and i'll be patient.

And i'm sure that his parents will not regret his choice!!!!!

quote:
You've made all what you can, then it's time for him to step in.

He needs to explain to them, in private, that you are his choice and that if they loves him they at least needs to respect his choice of a wife.

However, if after all his efforts, you still feel unwelcome in your mother-in-law's home,
accept the fact that you may never be able to change her view of you.

Then it will be your decesion, either to accept the idea of marrying without their acceptance which I do not recommend or not.

Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jamilah,
Don't listen to what he says, look at what he does.
Keep writing.

------------------
Regards
adoula777@yahoo.com

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Don't listen to what he says, look at what he does.

Boy oh boy! Is that GOOD advice. Everyone should pay attention to this!!!!

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noor-77X
Member # 3199

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Noor-77X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ciao, ti auguro che si risolva tutto piu' in fretta possibile e tanta felicità!
Un bacio

Posts: 31 | From: italy | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiteheart
Member # 1255

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for whiteheart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi every one, Jamilah is on a holiday now in Canada ...
Posts: 20 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jamilah
Member # 2957

Rate Member
Hello everyone!!! Hope that you had very nice holidays and spent great time with your family and friends!!!!!

And me the same, new day - new surprise! There is always something new. Sometimes i think: Oh, I'm so happy but in 2 hours my habibi does something or says something that i completely don't understand.

Tomorrow I go to Egypt. I hope that i will get some answers to my questions. But i don't know which tactis to choose: to tell him that i have my own life and i can't wait for nothing, so may be he will be afraid to loose me and will do his best or tell him that I can move to Egypt and we can start our life together and to help each other to be together, like I'm always with him and do care about him. Please FRIENDS, I'm so so so so confused.

Moreover, one week ago i have known that he has some girlfrinds with whom he communicates by sms and they are sure that this is a true love and to me he said that they are young and don't understand and this is just a friendship. I don't want to be deseived and i don't want him to lie to me.
And I don't understand he tells me about these girls himself that they call him and ask whether he's married or has many girls. Don't understand anything, may be someone can see here a kind of logic?!?!?!?!!?!?

kat2
Member # 3331

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kat2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hello everyone!!! Hope that you had very nice holidays and spent great time with your family and friends!!!!!

And me the same, new day - new surprise! There is always something new. Sometimes i think: Oh, I'm so happy but in 2 hours my habibi does something or says something that i completely don't understand.

Tomorrow I go to Egypt. I hope that i will get some answers to my questions. But i don't know which tactis to choose: to tell him that i have my own life and i can't wait for nothing, so may be he will be afraid to loose me and will do his best or tell him that I can move to Egypt and we can start our life together and to help each other to be together, like I'm always with him and do care about him. Please FRIENDS, I'm so so so so confused.

Moreover, one week ago i have known that he has some girlfrinds with whom he communicates by sms and they are sure that this is a true love and to me he said that they are young and don't understand and this is just a friendship. I don't want to be deseived and i don't want him to lie to me.
And I don't understand he tells me about these girls himself that they call him and ask whether he's married or has many girls. Don't understand anything, may be someone can see here a kind of logic?!?!?!?!!?!?

Jamilah
Don't really understand why he is now telling you about other girls, but surely it is better to hear that from him rather than someone else maybe. It sounds like you have a lot to talk about when you get there. Wishing you good luck and have a good trip.

Posts: 22 | From: england | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karaba
Member # 3322

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karaba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,
A friend of mine told me good things about EgyptSearch.com and I came few days ago to read all the messages and I was wondering about something : I saw a lot of women married with egyptian who don't know if their husbands or boyfriends are honest or not.
I think that Egyptsearch is a big family and some members become friends, I 'd like to know why they don't try to help each other, I had a friend who get married with a man from Luxor and she went to Luxor only two or three times by year. I was living there and I saw that when she was not here her " husband" was with a lot of other girls so I decide to tell her because she was a very good friend of mine.
Why don't the people who doubt don't say the name of their husband and the city where he lives and after people of egyptsearch who know something tell them honestly without lies. And after if the husband or friend deny we can ask the person to tell it in front of him. I saw so many honest girls destroyed by the liars of these men.
Tell me what do you think about this and if you don't like this idea tell me why .

quote:
Originally posted by kat2:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jamilah:
[b]Hello everyone!!! Hope that you had very nice holidays and spent great time with your family and friends!!!!!

Jamilah
Don't really understand why he is now telling you about other girls, but surely it is better to hear that from him rather than someone else maybe. It sounds like you have a lot to talk about when you get there. Wishing you good luck and have a good trip.[/B][/QUOTE]

Posts: 18 | From: spain | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karaba,
i have a problem with your idea, in that posting someone's real name/location and saying things you think are true but aren't sure is a sure way to ruin a potentially good person's reputation.

Also, what's to stop someone from making it all up? For example, what if your ex-wife/girlfriend went on here and told lies about you, that could potentially hurt you or someone else who knows you and put doubts on your character?

Things like that need to be confined to the real world, where people have to deal with consequences of their actions. Not on the internet, where anyone can go to an internet cafe, make up a screen name and post things.

This board is pretty friendly these days, but if you read the backlogs there were quite a few characters here before that were mean, vindictive and liked to post things just to upset and stir up others.

[This message has been edited by ExptinCAI (edited 09 January 2004).]

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat2
Member # 3331

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kat2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by karaba:
Hello,
A friend of mine told me good things about EgyptSearch.com and I came few days ago to read all the messages and I was wondering about something : I saw a lot of women married with egyptian who don't know if their husbands or boyfriends are honest or not.
I think that Egyptsearch is a big family and some members become friends, I 'd like to know why they don't try to help each other, I had a friend who get married with a man from Luxor and she went to Luxor only two or three times by year. I was living there and I saw that when she was not here her " husband" was with a lot of other girls so I decide to tell her because she was a very good friend of mine.
Why don't the people who doubt don't say the name of their husband and the city where he lives and after people of egyptsearch who know something tell them honestly without lies. And after if the husband or friend deny we can ask the person to tell it in front of him. I saw so many honest girls destroyed by the liars of these men.
Tell me what do you think about this and if you don't like this idea tell me why .

Karaba, i agree with exptinCAI,also people should not be named on these boards. Is your good friend still a friend??

Posts: 22 | From: england | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karaba
Member # 3322

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karaba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
Karaba,
i have a problem with your idea, in that posting someone's real name/location and saying things you think are true but aren't sure is a sure way to ruin a potentially good person's reputation.

Also, what's to stop someone from making it all up? For example, what if your ex-wife/girlfriend went on here and told lies about you, that could potentially hurt you or someone else who knows you and put doubts on your character?

Things like that need to be confined to the real world, where people have to deal with consequences of their actions. Not on the internet, where anyone can go to an internet cafe, make up a screen name and post things.

This board is pretty friendly these days, but if you read the backlogs there were quite a few characters here before that were mean, vindictive and liked to post things just to upset and stir up others.

[This message has been edited by ExptinCAI (edited 09 January 2004).]

I don't know why people need to upset and stir up others but I know that we need and must help the others.
When I was in Luxor a lot of egyptian men came to tell me : " This afernoon my english wife comes so please don't tell her I have an egyptian wife and three children and a spanish wife !!!" I told them : " I will not tell her but if she ask I will no be able to lie !!! "
And I remember an english poor woman who was working in a factory in england and saving money to give to this f.... man which she believed honest and had maybe three or four wifes without telling her. Don't you think we must help this kind of people ?
And in the case of an ex girlfriend who say lies about you just make a confrontation by this way everything will be clear and honest.
And we can even just give the name and after call each other to say what we have to say.

Posts: 18 | From: spain | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karaba
Member # 3322

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by kat2:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by karaba:
[b]Hello,

Karaba, i agree with exptinCAI,also people should not be named on these boards. Is your good friend still a friend??[/B][/QUOTE]

No she's not,she didn't believe me when I told her everything and later she discovered the truth and said that she doesn't care because she loves him too much but she never talked to me again because she is ashamed and she didn't want to see the truth ....

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you missed the point. If you do it in real life, it's different than on internet, where you don't really know who a person is and what their true intention is.

Anyway, as you saw for yourself, a lot of these ladies don't want to know and even in real life, you may misread the situation completely and end up causing more problems than helping. It's somewhat obvious how certain women chose to close their eyes in these specific situations, as the clues are plentiful and are there for them to see and figure out themselves. Rarely does a woman get fooled to the point of marriage, unless she choses to ignore the signs. While there are some clever men who can fool even the smartest women, most of these men aren't THAT clever, and they certainly don't go to great lengths to hide other marriages. I mean...to have a part-time husband living in a different country on a permanent basis with no plans of living as husband and wife full-time? Sure women go into these kind of marriages, but most of them are aware of the arrangement or at least they have an idea and don't wish to know the particulars.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kadijah2000
Member # 4971

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kadijah2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
I am so sorry to hear about your problems. It must be so hard on both you and him and even his family. Cross cutural relationships are very hard. They want the best for their eldest son and find the idea of a non Egyptian wife abhorant. He loves and wants you but also has love for his family and his responsiblites there. You love him and are prepared to do what you can to make it work.

Do you know what their specific objections are. Are their worries are solveable by any promises on your part?

There is no easy answer to this as has often been discussed on this board, marriage to an Egyptian is not just to him but to his family and if they are against it you are between a rock and hard place.

You have my deep sympathy.

unless you have money...then you can buy the family...right jane

Posts: 81 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com