EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Foreigners-Egyptians Society (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Foreigners-Egyptians Society
wacobaco
Member # 3640

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wacobaco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ExptinCAI
i'm really happy to know that some egyptians have not only thought of the matter..but also applied it.. so how is it like ur mixed community ? after dealing with real egyptians .. did u changed previous ideas u have about them ? or just it became a fact not ideas? .. tell us about dear in detail .. how we can activate such a meeting to be a big gathering ? .. why don't egyptians participating in such a meeting have no voice here at this site? .. Salam

Posts: 66 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have had some very successful meetings Waco.... I attended a really good meeting in Cairo last year. I have also been lucky enough to make 3 meetings here in the UK, 2 of them attended by egyptians as well as 1 from the States.
Debbie is very good at arranging meetings in Cairo, usually on a felucca in Maadi (I think)
My first ever meeting was an EgyptSearch meeting, but in London, to meet a member who had travelled from Cairo on business.
Its not a new idea but is always a very good one.

Sadly though, Expat and I have never quite managed to be in the same place at the same time.

I myself, have met some wonderful people, egyptian and otherwise, I have made some great friends and hope to make many more.

Lol, I will be in Luxor in just over a weeks time.... so if you want to arrange a meet there I would be delighted to attend!

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wacobaco:
.. tell us about dear in detail .. how we can activate such a meeting to be a big gathering ? .. why don't egyptians participating in such a meeting have no voice here at this site? .. Salam

Actually the meeting first started on ES. I remember people arranging a couple of felucca meetings while I was still in Europe (and feeling kind of jealous).
However, it's just a matter of taking the initiative and suggesting dates and times - and it's always a bit complicated to find a date where everyone's free.

Most of the meetings are are not actually "big gatherings", five to twelve people, which is a good number. They also kind of reflect the character of the board, meaning there's a very heterogeneous mixture of people, some that you might find very interesting and even become friends with and some that might not be your type at all.

There will be another ET felucca gathering soon, check it out:
http://egypttalk.net/cgi-local/ikonboard.cgi?s=b093db8c67f04d4571ccb190f4af6e23;act=ST;f=1;t=6092

But I recommend you don't talk about Brazilian carneval ...

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucie
Member # 3717

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Lucie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everybody,

I’m a French girl, 27 years old, I did a trip in Egypt in last December, there, I had felt in love with an Egyptian man and he told me that he feel the same… He wants to marry me, he wants me to live with him in Egypt…
We have contact by phone or Internet every day.
I trusted him, but now, since I know this forum, I have some fears !!!
How can I know if he is sincere or not ? I’m going to see him in few days, maybe I will see what happen ! But if someone can help me…

Posts: 1 | From: France | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Shareen,

I wish you a great time in Luxor! I read somewhere that you will be celebrating your birthday there, as well as Akshar's...have a great time and 'Happy Birthday to you' in advance !

All the best
Monica

quote:
Originally posted by Shareen:
We have had some very successful meetings Waco.... I attended a really good meeting in Cairo last year. I have also been lucky enough to make 3 meetings here in the UK, 2 of them attended by egyptians as well as 1 from the States.
Debbie is very good at arranging meetings in Cairo, usually on a felucca in Maadi (I think)
My first ever meeting was an EgyptSearch meeting, but in London, to meet a member who had travelled from Cairo on business.
Its not a new idea but is always a very good one.

Sadly though, Expat and I have never quite managed to be in the same place at the same time.

I myself, have met some wonderful people, egyptian and otherwise, I have made some great friends and hope to make many more.

Lol, I will be in Luxor in just over a weeks time.... so if you want to arrange a meet there I would be delighted to attend!

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leonides
Member # 3671

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for leonides     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi every body ,
this is great and will help alot to clear the relations between us as egyptian and others , i'll be happy to join u and to help as much as i can .

Have a good time

Leo.

Posts: 28 | From: egypt | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Monica
Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi everybody

how are u monica? it's really been a while since i followed your replies, where is adoula by the way ,i am not seeing him around also ,
wacobaco: lets make something active, lets call for a gathering and work to make it real , so put a plan for a coming gathering, lets start by egyptians and all who can come, lets start by cairo ,

------------------
BoBBoSS

Posts: 249 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wacobaco
Member # 3640

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wacobaco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi BoBBoSS, it is a good initial step, for me, no problem, i think the best time is Friday... as all who would like to participate would be free, to make it easy on everybody.. i think towndown would be available for all, as it is almost Friday .. let it be ..next friday 12/3/04 .. at night would be nice, let's say starting from 7PM..or something..those who intend to come may contact us..here first ..or in a new thread maybe..we have to get to know each other first ..or else the whole plan would end of meeting the wrong guy..so.. let me know what u see..

Posts: 66 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maruska
Member # 3490

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Maruska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Monica, can't remember where's the list (I've seen it once). Could you remind me where i can find it?
Tx
Maruska

quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
Have you also noticed that the Egyptians abusing foreigners, are ALL located in a very small area? [Hurghada-Sharm-Luxor]

And that, those Egyptians are almost always the same ones -, again and again, according to a list posted somewhere with names and pictures - that hurt those foreigners (many of them 'sex tourists' by the way) that actually go looking for it, with open arms and open wallets?

I am positive that most foreigners that go looking for quick fun in Egyptian resorts - with gigolos - are certainly not interested in the cultural, intellectual and historic side of Egypt - or so it seems according to all the stories, as they have no clue about social classes to start with etc..etc....and all you hear is Orfi not Orfi...apartment, sleeping before, sleeping after, sleeping where, with family without family, other wife many girlfriends, players ...then it's the SMS and web cam phase...pleaaase!

By all means, correct me if I'm wrong!

But your idea is brilliant of course, for the right crowd.

Salam
Monica

Posts: 38 | From: Italy | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leonides
Member # 3671

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for leonides     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi wacobaco, nice start for me it's ok just name the place also you can contact me for more info ,

Good luck

Posts: 28 | From: egypt | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.dezy-house.narod.ru/Sharm/sharm.html

G.Luck
Monica
Self respect is the answer

quote:
Originally posted by Maruska:
Sorry Monica, can't remember where's the list (I've seen it once). Could you remind me where i can find it?
Tx
Maruska

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wacobaco

lets give time for other friends to be prepared,
lets first :
make a new thread for this issue.
then choose a place which i suggest (grand cafe maadi)
and i also suggest the time to be may be after 3-4 weeks ,

------------------
BoBBoSS

Posts: 249 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
leonides, I checked your www.mylapis.com
the flower arrangements are really elegant. I could not find the International delivery link.

Will you bring flowers to the ES meeting?
The Tulips on your site are really nice!

If you guys end up meeting, could someone take pics and notes, for the rest of us who are still halfway to Paradise on earth ?

Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by leonides:
Hi wacobaco, nice start for me it's ok just name the place also you can contact me for more info ,

Good luck

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 04 March 2004).]

BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
monica
we are going to miss u in this meeting if it was meant to be there, anyway , i really wish u can ever be there, is there any possibility that u can be in egypt anytime this year.

------------------
BoBBoSS

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes BoBBoSS there are possibilities this year.

So maybe the next meeting?

quote:
Originally posted by BoBBoSS:
monica
we are going to miss u in this meeting if it was meant to be there, anyway , i really wish u can ever be there, is there any possibility that u can be in egypt anytime this year.

BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
it's an honour))

------------------
BoBBoSS

Undead
Member # 3380

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am back in Egypt (Zamalek) so I would like to meet as well. Perhaps a thread with a date on the heading is a good idea?
Posts: 238 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blau_frau
Member # 3699

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for blau_frau     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Monica,
I disagree for some points with you and it's now very long to explain. I would like, but, to get from you the address of this famous listing. I am mooving myself in the direction of preventing any frode to foreigners (above all italian womens) moving to Sharm. I was living there for a while and know I know lots of things..
So, please help me to get a kind of cleaness.

Posts: 83 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello there,

http://www.dezy-house.narod.ru/Sharm/sharm.html
here it is.
It was posted on ES a while ago, by a member named aischa who is very helpful on this board.
If you make a search for 'aischa' on this board, at the top of this page on the right side, click the search link, you will find a LOT of information, as well as a similar list for the Hurghada 'boys'.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by blau_frau:
Hi Monica,
I disagree for some points with you and it's now very long to explain. I would like, but, to get from you the address of this famous listing. I am mooving myself in the direction of preventing any frode to foreigners (above all italian womens) moving to Sharm. I was living there for a while and know I know lots of things..
So, please help me to get a kind of cleaness.
[/QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 04 March 2004).]

leonides
Member # 3671

Rate Member
Hi Monica , Thanks a lot for your opinion , we working on internation delievery but not finalized yet with our partners , we expect very soon .

sure i'll be happy to bring flowers .

Thanks and best of luck to all .

BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
wacobaco & undead,
will u please follow the issue of the ES meeting in its own thread now.
i hope to see ur participations inorder to make this come true

------------------
BoBBoSS

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
wacobaco, and all other interested members, I wrote this on another thread and realized it should be here:

In conclusion, regarding the Egyptian/foreigners misconceptions or misunderstandings leading to disastrous situations, we read on this board practically everyday:

I still believe that a huge part of this whole 'deception' concept, stems from a great lack of knowledge, vis à vis the Egyptian culture of today's 70 million.

Bluntly informing foreigners about how the Egyptian class dominated societies perceive women, that either have pre-marital sex, and /or get into a quick Orfi marriage, after a very short period of time, is a MUST.

The Internet is the venue of the day, that could be the ideal portal for the cross - culture specific information, and most importantly it should be advertized with the coo-peration of all embassies, in protection of their citizens.

An example would be, if you are :

a) a sex tourist, in Egypt
expect............
b) a marriage on the fly oriented, in Egypt
expect.......
c) associating with class 1- class 2- class 3 etc....with description and real examples, in Egypt expect................
d) a business investor needing an agent or a partner, in Egypt consult...expect...
e) gay, in Egypt expect....
f) looking for a job in Egypt, expect....
g) none of the above and REALLY interested in Egypt -the history, the country
expect...........
etc...etc...etc...

I did not find anything that tackles these issues in depth, through any Egyptian/tourist oriented website.

There are Russians and/or German websites warning girls/women of the gigolos of Egypt.

But this type of extremely sensitive, down to earth and factual information, should be generated through a group of Egyptians in a cross-culture specific frame of mind/format.

It's not an easy task to give such gory details/examples, about certain aspects of a country, that aside from being extraordinarily beautiful, and super rich historically, with unmatched people's characteristics when it comes to hospitality, generosity, kindness, compassion, charm etc... is also economically busted - it will get better for sure - at this moment, Islamically oriented, double standard, poor... and I am certain that it's the reason why governments do not tackle the issues in the open.

So what do you think?

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 11 March 2004).]

wacobaco
Member # 3640

Rate Member
Monica, sorry, but i didn't get ur idea here!! do u mean that Egyptian government should issue such example ad u r suggesting to all embassies here, to warn their citizens from? and if not, some nongovernmental organization (such like the one we imagine we would create) to play such a role? if this is what i understood, sorry to oppose such idea..first e r saying that such a behaviour happening all over the world (developed and third world) as far as i know..no country (whether having free sexual activities or conservative) did so. so why should we do? it is clear admission that we have such thing and the government can not control + if we people want to work on changing such bad ideas, not by advertising them as a warning no.. but by highlighting good ideas, or opposite image, spotlighting good example egyptians, as it is said " beakseeha tatdeho al ashiao" "with their opposite things are clear" ..or what do u think?
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When mediocre/bad/horrible things are hidden, no one can find solutions. My thought was a detailed description of EVERYTHING, good points, mediocre points etc... in total honesty!

I meant by that, to warn foreigners that if they have 'sex tourism' in mind and/or encounter proposals of quick marriages/Orfi - mostly a convenient replacement for sex, that it is a totally 'different' perception than in their countries, therefore they will attract abusive individuals - in Egypt too even if it is an Islamic country -...that was really my point. Maybe, I was not very clear.

BUT...thank you for 'el fawa an' as I tend to be idealistic at times...you have a point, and back to what is feasible of course.

Which is: an NGO organization promoting 'in depth' only the positive aspects of Egypt, and leading foreigners towards them - big time.

Back to the same train of thoughts.
When you meet with the rest of the members in person, I'm sure that you will be able to brainstorm.

I'll talk to you later!
Monica

quote:
Monica, sorry, but i didn't get ur idea here!! do u mean that Egyptian government should issue such example ad u r suggesting to all embassies here, to warn their citizens from? and if not, some nongovernmental organization (such like the one we imagine we would create) to play such a role? if this is what i understood, sorry to oppose such idea..first e r saying that such a behaviour happening all over the world (developed and third world) as far as i know..no country (whether having free sexual activities or conservative) did so. so why should we do? it is clear admission that we have such thing and the government can not control + if we people want to work on changing such bad ideas, not by advertising them as a warning no.. but by highlighting good ideas, or opposite image, spotlighting good example egyptians, as it is said " beakseeha tatdeho al ashiao" "with their opposite things are clear" ..or what do u think?

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 11 March 2004).]

MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MotherEgypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear if you truly love him Is it realy make a difference to you if you read some threads there some points i would like to explain
1) true love comes once or twice in a life time ,so please grab and hold on it
2)in all over the wotld there is resorts and if i can call it that way ,well let us call it Resorts morals and this you will find in turkey ,Egypt ,italy ,,,etc
finally ,,Resorts never show the character of the country itself and my little advise to you if you really wanna get to know about some countries i guess you have to take your tourist sun glasses off
get close to the people and stop judging them ,,just give love and you will gain love ,get to know their hopes and dreams
3)always people talk when they get hurt or feeling bad this why you will find a lots of negative comments in here as well as some positive ones but make sure there is a thousand of succesful relations with honest guys have not been published .
4 )just Take it as good as it gets
Good luck
quote:
Originally posted by Lucie:
Hi everybody,

I’m a French girl, 27 years old, I did a trip in Egypt in last December, there, I had felt in love with an Egyptian man and he told me that he feel the same… He wants to marry me, he wants me to live with him in Egypt…
We have contact by phone or Internet every day.
I trusted him, but now, since I know this forum, I have some fears !!!
How can I know if he is sincere or not ? I’m going to see him in few days, maybe I will see what happen ! But if someone can help me…

Posts: 565 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wacobaco,

These sugestions about warning tourists in regards with the different conceptions of Egypt in terms of certain behaviours - including sex reminded me of a very interesting point.

In Singapore - IF you are caught CHEWING GUM you are thrown in prison. That is advertized in Embassies.

Can you relate to the warning, IF you are caught being a sex tourist or if you have a quick marriage for sexual purposes in Egypt expect so...and so and so?

wacobaco
Member # 3640

Rate Member
Monica, r u serious ? of course u r kidding .. or if we apply ur suggestion..the government would seal Hurghada, Sharm and Dahab by red wax...and dollar would raise to reach 50 Egyptian pound at least..and we want find places in jail for those to-be-caught..then we'll be imposed to seek the help of hotels to find a place for all such prisoners and we may be forced then (under the allegation of lacking places) to jail two prisoners from different gender together in one room.. and i think they would die to be sentenced for live time..hahaha..this is me who is kidding this time..but wanna say something "Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls)"
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was seriously...kidding...or is it the other way around kidding seriously?
I know....the situation and it's the same everywhere not only in Egypt. Sex tourism is a business!

quote:
Monica, r u serious ? of course u r kidding .. or if we apply ur suggestion..the government would seal Hurghada, Sharm and Dahab by red wax...and dollar would raise to reach 50 Egyptian pound at least..and we want find places in jail for those to-be-caught..then we'll be imposed to seek the help of hotels to find a place for all such prisoners and we may be forced then (under the allegation of lacking places) to jail two prisoners from different gender together in one room.. and i think they would die to be sentenced for live time..hahaha..this is me who is kidding this time..but wanna say something "Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls)"

muhariba
Member # 3798

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for muhariba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MotherEgypt:
Dear if you truly love him Is it realy make a difference to you if you read some threads there some points i would like to explain
1) true love comes once or twice in a life time ,so please grab and hold on it
2)in all over the wotld there is resorts and if i can call it that way ,well let us call it Resorts morals and this you will find in turkey ,Egypt ,italy ,,,etc
finally ,,Resorts never show the character of the country itself and my little advise to you if you really wanna get to know about some countries i guess you have to take your tourist sun glasses off
get close to the people and stop judging them ,,just give love and you will gain love ,get to know their hopes and dreams
3)always people talk when they get hurt or feeling bad this why you will find a lots of negative comments in here as well as some positive ones but make sure there is a thousand of succesful relations with honest guys have not been published .
4 )just Take it as good as it gets
Good luck

Dear MotherEgypt!
U r doing the right thing ! By yr kind & always sencere words u r putting order in all this mess of thoughts & feelings!I am new here & frankly speaking I was rather scared by all this horrible stories of egyptian-foreign relations! any way if Monica brings into the forum her incrediable sense of humor, wise advices& new ideas, u bring the common sense that everywhere there r good & bad ppl & it is only up to us with whom to mix! u have very interesting point of view on things& i feel that this point of view is the only right in the endless talks about foreigner-egyption love!
Regards from Ukraine to all of u!
Just a girl with dreams!

Posts: 52 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
muhariba
Member # 3798

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for muhariba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
assalamu aleikum! merhaba!hello!privet!
to all of u! yesterday while searching information about this mysterious country of paradoxes-egypt i got across this forum & for some hours with a great ineteres i was looking through ur lively conversation , my dear friends! it is a wise idea of making an organization for helping foreigners in ur country ! i think if in mine there was something like this many bad situations could be avoided& the openion about ukraine(i am ukrainian) all around the world would be different.& even by participating in such kind of forums u r already giving a friendly hand to thouse who r in love with egypt , like i am ( i`v never been to egypt by the way ) dear friends , the only thing to all of u, who is trying really to help others: don`t be SO categorical in ur points of view& remeber we r all the same, children of God& no matter moslems, christians, buddhists or zaratushtri! we all love , hate, we feel pain & fly from happienes the same all over the world!please, have a look on what MotherEgypt wrote just few msgs above! I think it can be the healthy basis for any relations in the world!
Have a good day!with kind ppl around u!
Regards from Ukraine!
just a girl with dreams
p.s.by the way i badly need an advice about egypt!good, wise advice on how to be able to understand this country& ppl that live there!
i will write my story next time! it would be great if a can get friendly words from u on it!
thanx a lot for being so interesting people!i really enjoyed folowing ur thoughts!

Posts: 52 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Muhariba,

It's always nice to read kind words like those you wrote to MotherEgypt /seems like a very kind Egyptian man by the way/ and to me ( happy I made you smile)... I go through the threads every morning skimming quickly and try to contribute as fast and as best I can to go on with my working day, and do same late at night, so when I see people like you that are genuinely interested in Egypt it makes me realize that it's worth it contributing on this board, and I think of ways to make them love and respect Egypt in its entity regardless of all the other negative side stories, because after all.... all Egyptians should be in a way Ambassadors of Egypt everywhere they go! As you would represent your country at best etc...etc...
So, muhariba, please take a look at the 'competition' thread and you will find plenty of info on our beloved Egypt...if you'd like to start from page 12 you will get a grasp of what the thread is all about... because katrina, shot a few questions on page 12 - that I will be answering soon soon - that could give you a kind of a synopsis of what the thread is all about!

In the meantime, as I will be less active in the next 3 weeks...I hope you enjoy every moment as many of us do, when contributing or sharing.

Oh, did you know the meaning of your nick name in Arabic??? just for the record it means the 'smuggler' ah ah ah!! what are you smuggling today friend?

Looking forward to your posts!
Salam
Monica

quote:
Originally posted by muhariba:
assalamu aleikum! merhaba!hello!privet!
to all of u! yesterday while searching information about this mysterious country of paradoxes-egypt i got across this forum & for some hours with a great ineteres i was looking through ur lively conversation , my dear friends! it is a wise idea of making an organization for helping foreigners in ur country ! i think if in mine there was something like this many bad situations could be avoided& the openion about ukraine(i am ukrainian) all around the world would be different.& even by participating in such kind of forums u r already giving a friendly hand to thouse who r in love with egypt , like i am ( i`v never been to egypt by the way ) dear friends , the only thing to all of u, who is trying really to help others: don`t be SO categorical in ur points of view& remeber we r all the same, children of God& no matter moslems, christians, buddhists or zaratushtri! we all love , hate, we feel pain & fly from happienes the same all over the world!please, have a look on what MotherEgypt wrote just few msgs above! I think it can be the healthy basis for any relations in the world!
Have a good day!with kind ppl around u!
Regards from Ukraine!
just a girl with dreams
p.s.by the way i badly need an advice about egypt!good, wise advice on how to be able to understand this country& ppl that live there!
i will write my story next time! it would be great if a can get friendly words from u on it!
thanx a lot for being so interesting people!i really enjoyed folowing ur thoughts!

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 15 March 2004).]

muhariba
Member # 3798

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for muhariba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Dear Muhariba,

It's always nice to read kind words like those you wrote to MotherEgypt /seems like a very kind Egyptian man by the way/ and to me ( happy I made you smile)... I go through the threads every morning skimming quickly and try to contribute as fast and as best I can to go on with my working day, and do same late at night, so when I see people like you that are genuinely interested in Egypt it makes me realize that it's worth it contributing on this board, and I think of ways to make them love and respect Egypt in its entity regardless of all the other negative side stories, because after all.... all Egyptians should be in a way Ambassadors of Egypt everywhere they go! As you would represent your country at best etc...etc...
So, muhariba, please take a look at the 'competition' thread and you will find plenty of info on our beloved Egypt...if you'd like to start from page 12 you will get a grasp of what the thread is all about... because katrina, shot a few questions on page 12 - that I will be answering soon soon - that could give you a kind of a synopsis of what the thread is all about!

In the meantime, as I will be less active in the next 3 weeks...I hope you enjoy every moment as many of us do, when contributing or sharing.

Oh, did you know the meaning of your nick name in Arabic??? just for the record it means the 'smuggler' ah ah ah!! what are you smuggling today friend?

Looking forward to your posts!
Salam
Monica

Dear Monica!
U`ve made me think 2day that I am not a "taleeba mugtahida" (about this muhariba)I ran to arabic -russian dictionary to check how could i be mistaken & alhamdullah I was not. just the latin transliteration of two words appears the same ãÍÇÑÈÉ&ãåÇÑÈÉ !anyway thanks to U i`ve learnt another new arabic word!U r useful in all situations , dear Monica!
Can I ask u for advice? I`v met already 100`s of questions like this here on forum , so i`ll be the 101st.
Can u .pls. advice me , where can i find work in egypt with my russian , english& poor arabic? I am a student of the faculty of orientology(everyone mistake with ornitology !), finishing my MA in june& i am ill with egypt, arabic language & arabic culture.egyptomania LOL!i really love my speciality & i dream after becoming good in it to build a bridge of communication between arabic countries & eastern europe(we r not this much bad here as u can think ). coz there r lots of misunderstandings here as well about middle east& arabic countries. but what i`v found after continues investigations is that arabic culture described in books to poor students of the faculty of orientology is something very far from reall life of arabic society so i know that i don`t know anything-it was wise told!& my wanting to work in egypt is not to get fun or big money( i won`t get anyway). i want to be able to study the language& to feel the life of an arabic society from inside. to become one of u, to think like u . to do like u!& more over egypt is a dream sinse childhood !so...i really need an advice!
ÔßÑÇ!
ãÚ ÇáÓáÇãÉ íÇ ÃÕÏÞÇÁì
Regards from Ukraine,
just a girl with dreams

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually muhariba, the word that means 'someone who battles' is pronounced this way: 'mohhar bah'... a bit of pressure on the H....

What I suggest you do, is get in touch with the American University of Cairo and you can find their link if you make a search. Browse and see what they do, what they offer what type of programs they have etc..etc..check the staff link, and you will find many email addresses, and then get in touch with people that way, and inquire and ask for advice.

That's what I can think about right now, in regards with your particular background. and who knows you might find a job there or even better, I encourage to make a proposal of a new totally innovative position, tailored made just for you, that they can probably benefit from! I am a dreamer too, but this is how I function:
I have a dream/idea, I write the script/proposal, I set a date, and then it's showtime/take steps towards objective, and I walk right in it/action! Try it!!! Most of the times it worked with me. When it did not.. well you guessed, I changed the script!

Maybe others can give you more ideas, but in the meantime try that, and if I think of something else I'll get back to you in a few weeks!

I thank you for being genuinely interested in our beloved Egypt; and I admire your intelligence for wanting to understand the culture the right way!

WAIT, I just thought of something else, would you consider giving Russian lessons as a side line in Cairo for example? are you qualified for that? If yes you can give your name to the Russian Embassy in that respect, or as a translator if you qualify ... and you could make a bit of money this way!

Best of luck friend, and remember an objective is only but a dream...with a date!!!

Salamate to you too!

Monica
Thanks for your trust by the way

muhariba
Member # 3798

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for muhariba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Actually muhariba, the word that means 'someone who battles' is pronounced this way: 'mohhar bah'... a bit of pressure on the H....

What I suggest you do, is get in touch with the American University of Cairo and you can find their link if you make a search. Browse and see what they do, what they offer what type of programs they have etc..etc..check the staff link, and you will find many email addresses, and then get in touch with people that way, and inquire and ask for advice.

That's what I can think about right now, in regards with your particular background. and who knows you might find a job there or even better, I encourage to make a proposal of a new totally innovative position, tailored made just for you, that they can probably benefit from! I am a dreamer too, but this is how I function:
I have a dream/idea, I write the script/proposal, I set a date, and then it's showtime/take steps towards objective, and I walk right in it/action! Try it!!! Most of the times it worked with me. When it did not.. well you guessed, I changed the script!

Maybe others can give you more ideas, but in the meantime try that, and if I think of something else I'll get back to you in a few weeks!

I thank you for being genuinely interested in our beloved Egypt; and I admire your intelligence for wanting to understand the culture the right way!

WAIT, I just thought of something else, would you consider giving Russian lessons as a side line in Cairo for example? are you qualified for that? If yes you can give your name to the Russian Embassy in that respect, or as a translator if you qualify ... and you could make a bit of money this way!

Best of luck friend, and remember an objective is only but a dream...with a date!!!

Salamate to you too!

Monica
Thanks for your trust by the way

[This message has been edited by Monica

(edited 15 March 2004).]

Dear Monica!
thank u very -very much for ur kind advice! Actualy i was already nearly giving up !
And thank u for the smll lesson of arabic!
Take care all of u!
And why none is telling a word about ur brilliant idea of foreigners-egyptian society??? Is it going to be just one of ideas that is going to die beeing still just an idea???
There r ppl who need u & is it not a reason to continue???
Regards from ukraine. Here the spring came at last!
Just a girl with dreams!
P.S. And again-Monica _SHUKRANNNN!!!!!!!!!!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com