EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » ES meeting in Cairo (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ES meeting in Cairo
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone , i was discussing this idea with wacobaco in another thread, so lets think of making it real .
so lets

Posts: 249 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone , i was discussing this idea with wacobaco in another thread, so lets think of making it real . , waiting for suggestions, and i will start with mine
time: after 3-4 weeks,
day:friday

------------------
BoBBoSS

Posts: 249 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grand Cafe is cool, but it's expensive for some. We have had a long standing tradition of going out in a falouka for a get together. That way people can bring what they want to drink (beer, soda, or whatever), some snacks and really get to meet everyone.

The seating arrangement on a falouka can be better for moving around and meeting everyone than that at the Grand Cafe.

Just a suggestion. When you come up with a date let me know.
P.S. I vote against Friday..but that's just me...don't change it on my account.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:
The seating arrangement on a falouka can be better for moving around and meeting everyone than that at the Grand Cafe.

That's right. The felucca meetings are usually more casual and easy going and it's actually nice to be able to move around and talk to different people. And also the common sharing of food and drinks is fun and makes the atmosphere more easy going.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mooly El Din     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi every one

I am coming to Cairo on the 9th of April can you wait till then, I would like to meet all of you

Cheers

Posts: 289 | From: Europe | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi folks

i am really happy to find that u really care for this meeting, and i belive now that felucca will be much intresting ,
so now the location will be the felluca ,and i guess we better wait till mooly arrives to egypt. we can't miss one of our friends here whenever we have the chance. so i suggest that it can be the next week end after the 9th of april.

------------------
BoBBoSS

wacobaco
Member # 3640

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wacobaco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi BOSS, so is it next Friday or what ? and where is the place exactly? how could we recognize each others, if it is for Debbie ..i think i'll recognize here from her tens of posts here, i believe after living so many years, and having so much information, she "ezyptianized" by time, if this is Dalia the person whom i think to be, i'll just say wie ghet ? as if we r friends in a "Brazilian Carnival" and here we r.. just kidding Dalia..but what about u BOSS ? and where other Egyptians ? nobody interested? Monica .. i wish u could come for this meeting ..or else..i'll drive the felluca till the Canadian border and u meet us there..
Posts: 66 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mooly El Din     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks BoBBoSS for suggesting meeting after the 9th of April. Looking forward meeting you all

Posts: 289 | From: Europe | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would really love that! the Canadian border would really be pleased to welcome you, I'm sure!

Wishing you a great meeting.

In terms of the plan we talked about on the Egyptian /Foreign society thread, I was thinking about the development of a website focused on the subject matter, with volunteers to collaborate on it, and then promote it through all the Embassies, in Cairo.

I'm still exploring ideas, by the way.

quote:
Originally posted by wacobaco:
Monica .. i wish u could come for this meeting ..or else..i'll drive the felluca till the Canadian border and u meet us there..

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hassan
Member # 3483

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hassan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,
I'm interested in this meeting. I'd like to meet all of you. Would you mind accepting me in this meeting? I'm a 26 years old Egyptian guy.
Thanks

Posts: 8 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamy2
Member # 3635

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamy2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everybody, I'm interested in this meeting. Would you mind accepting me in this meeting?

Posts: 19 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wacobaco
Member # 3640

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wacobaco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
guys, this is great, now we r getting bigger even before deciding a real meeting yet, so i think the ball now in is our court, where r u BOSS ? Debbie & Dalia give us some details about, place&time, if it'll be next Friday, i think we should be ready from now. Monica .. go ahead girl, just give us a hint of what u would like us to help with, i think such a meeting would be great for arising issues like that and having different and varied viewpoints, if we come up with something new..i'll let u know
Posts: 66 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ganesha
Member # 1733

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganesha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI !
I suppose you won't be meeting in may...
I will be in Cairo at this moment.
Will anybody want to make another meeting at that time ?
Keep me updated !

Bye
Ganesh.

Posts: 16 | From: Marseilles, France | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ganesha
Member # 1733

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ganesha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another idea :
Why not organizing a monthly meeting ?
SO that everybody could be able to meet some ES people, at least one time ?
Why not on every 15th of each month ?

ganesh.

Posts: 16 | From: Marseilles, France | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptlover
Member # 3538

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for egyptlover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi guys,

you make me want to come...i wish...if only..
never mind, hope it would be for the next time. Unfortunately, I don't think i can come to Egypt before the end of next year as i'll be at uni in Spain for a year from september..but for sure i'll miss Egypt...

have fun guys and enjoy yourself!!!

Posts: 35 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
Guys

Can we then set a date? What about Friday the 9th of April or the Thursday or Friday the week after?

Cheers

wacobaco
Member # 3640

Rate Member
Molly, i think Friday is more suitable, as it is the official day off here as u know + 9 April is a good date, first: coze it would be 9 days after the first of April, that we would guarantee that our meeting won't be "April Lie", second: we'll have enough time to know who'll participate, giving more time 4 more people, and maybe 4 good organization, but everything should be settled in advance, if there is something new, just let me know, i'm in, but we need everything 2 be ready early enough, Salam
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hey, this must be a great day because this will be my fifth wedding anniversary!

So you all enjoy this day!

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 10 March 2004).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
so guys are you ok with the 9th of April?
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi everybody

sorry for being late but i had a lot of work this week, so i seee that we are having alot of friends here, so i suggest that we can meet on the 9th of april , and we take a flucca ,so if it is going to be a felucca then i suggest it to be between 12-6 pm, and i guess we can take it from maadi , debbie knows the place as i recognisded from a previous note ,
and it gives us more time for more frineds, and everybody is welocmed
and if we can do it , then we can plan for another one in may , for our friends who can meet us,
monica, ur idea is brilliant, i would love to be a part in it,

------------------
BoBBoSS

BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
folks

debbie & dalia & wacobaco , where r u all guys? and all other members here. )))
i guess now it is fixed,
date :9th of april
place fellucca

waiting for more proposals))

------------------
BoBBoSS

Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
BoBBoSS, added to your list Undead.

BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
folks
eveybody is welcomed to come

------------------
BoBBoSS

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BoBBoSS:
debbie & dalia & wacobaco , where r u all guys? and all other members here. )))

So far it looks like it's gonna be a boys' only ... no women around?

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mooly is a woman/medical researcher, Dalia. Just spoke to her on the phone yesterday by the way!

quote:
Originally posted by Dalia:
So far it looks like it's gonna be a boys' only ... no women around?

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks monica

------------------
BoBBoSS

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got to work on the 9th, but don't worry about me. You all go and have a good time.

A couple of hints though..... don't start it so early and don't plan on being out there more than 2 or 3 hours maximum. (No bathrooms...remember?) Start about 4 p.m. and go to 6 p.m. or 7 maybe to see the sunset and then come in. If people are interested to stay together longer you can move over to TGIF or Grand Cafe at that point, but not everyone will want to stay longer and they should be given an opportunity to get out if they want.

Have a good time.

------------------
www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net for customized excursions in Cairo and beyond
Dds71@aol.com

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
Mooly is a woman/medical researcher, Dalia. Just spoke to her on the phone yesterday by the way!

Oops ... I assumed the name was a male one, haven't been reading many other threads ...

wacobaco
Member # 3640

Rate Member
Hi BOSS, i'm here .. ready for the next step..just when it is the time .. u'll find me..ready..steady...and gooooo..wherevr the place is..whenever the time..so long as it is Friday..i'm in..although i think 9 April still far away..but i'm shaved..showered..and well-dressed from now..hahaha..
Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
Are you disappointed Dalia

Cheers

BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ooh debbie, that really disappointing, is there a way or a thing we can do just to join us??? if others agree we can make it saturday . it is also a vacation , right wacobaco?

------------------
BoBBoSS

sallyally
Member # 3426

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for sallyally     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!

I have thrown in the towel and am returning to Cairo for a few months! I would love to ride a felucca with you all. Are friends welcome?

Posts: 86 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 28 May 2004).]

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People, please, educate.. what is "falouka"?
Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.y2k2go.com/egypt.html

Click, and scroll until you see the sailing boats/falouka/Nile transportation...

quote:
Originally posted by katrina:
People, please, educate.. what is "falouka"?

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 14 March 2004).]

Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
BoBBoSS

Do you know already who are coming?

Cheers

BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
sally, u r welcome my friend, and mooly, i don't know who is coming uptill now, but i guess it will come later , the moment everyone make up his mind

------------------
BoBBoSS

Tameerslove
Member # 3816

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tameerslove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi.. I am getting married next week to Egyptian man. And then will be moving to Cairo. We have homes in Cairo and London. And will spend time in both. I am very exicted, as I love new adventures. I am an American. I am 41 and he is 39. I will not work. Please help me with what to expect. I would enjoy meeting new friends.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Mooly El Din:
Are you disappointed Dalia

Cheers

Quite the opposite.
Would be pleased to meet you.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

In my mind I am going to be with you all. I hope you have a great and entertaining time!!!!!!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
quote:
Quite the opposite.
Would be pleased to meet you.

Same here, looking forward to seeing you

Cheers

Undead
Member # 3380

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Undead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might have to leave before the April 9th date If anyone feels like meeting up earlier, please let me know
Posts: 238 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
be my guest undead,

------------------
BoBBoSS

seeking you
Member # 3842

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for seeking you     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello
Hi dalia
i hope that your fine
i lik your idea about FELOUKA
and i would like to introduce my self
i am 26 living in cairo, ilike to know new freinds, neew souls, i hope that we can be freinds
this is my mail: y_elaskalany@hotmail.com
hope to hear from u soon

Posts: 6 | From: cairo | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamy2
Member # 3635

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamy2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Monica,
I’ll take this chance to express my fascinate toward you, I have read most of your thread and your answers as well and most of them are really reflect that you are a great person. Wish all the best for you.

And By the way you can count me in the female list my name is Tammy and I’m 36 years old. and once again I'll say I would love to meet all of you

Posts: 19 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

Icon 10 posted      Profile for EgyptianDoc77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

salam all

what a lovely idea and imagine what about if the faluka stuck in the middle of water??? would be fancyyyyyy wow, perfect

------------------
Dr.M.Lotfy
Resident Doctor of Dermatology & Andrology

Posts: 689 | From: Miami Beach, FL | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
folks i am so happy to see all u participating , and to tell u the thruth i am wishing for more, so it is time now to start counting and know who is coming, don't hesitate to join us,

------------------
BoBBoSS

egy_prince
Member # 2853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egy_prince     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I attended the last meeting, it was in a felucca and I felt it's traditional.. let me suggest Khan Elkhalili, Elfishawy Coffee Shop...though not sure if I can join u.

Undead, I might be interested in meeting with u to have some friendly argument.

Posts: 471 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by egy_prince:
let me suggest Khan Elkhalili, Elfishawy Coffee Shop...though not sure if I can join u.

As much as I like Fishawi's, it's not the best place to meet and talk ... too much noise, too much hassle and too much distraction.

And I'm only up to facing the harrassment in the Khan when I'm in a really good mood and/or wearing a veil ...

egy_prince
Member # 2853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egy_prince     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
As much as I like Fishawi's, it's not the best place to meet and talk ... too much noise, too much hassle and too much distraction.

And I'm only up to facing the harrassment in the Khan when I'm in a really good mood and/or wearing a veil ...

It was just an idea to change the same place (Felucca) and I think it's unfair to call what happens in the khan "Harassement" they r friendly people and it's amazing to find an ordinary man with little education to talk with u in ur language as soon as he knows ur nationality. I accompanied tourists there and they expressed their admiration about it. Again, just a viewpoint.

Posts: 471 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com