EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » ES meeting in Cairo (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ES meeting in Cairo
brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we have another one in November?

Salam,
Brian

Posts: 432 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

It was just an idea to change the same place (Felucca) and I think it's unfair to call what happens in the khan "Harassement" they r friendly people and it's amazing to find an ordinary man with little education to talk with u in ur language as soon as he knows ur nationality. I accompanied tourists there and they expressed their admiration about it. Again, just a viewpoint.

[/B]

Well, I do call it harrassment and, no, I have no admiration for being talked to and hearing obscenities in five different languages, especially since I'm perfectly able to do my communication there in Arabic.

Sorry if I sound harsh, I think the Khan is a fascinating place, but the constant harressment completely takes the fun out of it for me. I've been to a number of nice shops with decent owners, but I'd love to be able to walk along there and look without people trying to drag me into a store every two meters.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry, double post ...

[This message has been edited by Dalia (edited 22 March 2004).]

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leonides
Member # 3671

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for leonides     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi ,

What about cafe rech , down town or any old place in down town .

thanks

Posts: 28 | From: egypt | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
friends to avoid any disturbance , we will make it as we agreed before , at least for this time , and if we are able to do it then i hope it will be done regularly after,

so here it comes for all who want to participate

it will be the 9th of april
we will take a felucca infront of Sultan in maadi , at 3 pm
so lets see who is going to come

------------------
BoBBoSS

Posts: 249 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leonides
Member # 3671

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for leonides     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi ,

Please explain where is Sultan or what is it

Thanks

Posts: 28 | From: egypt | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamy2
Member # 3635

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamy2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Sultana it is a place you will find it on the river side after Alfa Supermarket in Maadi.
if this not enough let me know.

Posts: 19 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maadi_guy
Member # 3075

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maadi_guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BoBBoSS:
friends to avoid any disturbance , we will make it as we agreed before , at least for this time , and if we are able to do it then i hope it will be done regularly after,

it's really a good idea, and I interest to come if you don't mind.. I'm sure it'll be amazing nile trip.

Posts: 87 | From: Maadi, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maadi_guy
Member # 3075

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maadi_guy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when you all decide where and when we'll meet please let us know, it'll so pleasure to get mail from you on newman575@yahoo.com..
thanx

Posts: 87 | From: Maadi, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leonides
Member # 3671

Rate Member
Thank you very much Tamy
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BoBBoSS:

Sultan is good because you can actually order Egyptian food and get it on the boat; did that last week and it was nice.

But watch out, there are two felucca stations close to each other. If you're coming from downtown Sultan is the first; then comes another one a few steps down, easy to distinguish because there's a picture of Mubarak on the entryway down to the Nile.

BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi folks

wel it seems that we have got the location and the day , and i guess we will not miss the place ,
newman u r most welcomed my friend, but where r the others, Wacobaco, where r u my friend???
dalia , i am so happy for ur participation , and all the other members, i am realy can't wait to see u all guys, and i am sorry for my late reply and my rare existance , but i am having a terrible work stress. but i will keep in touch .

------------------
BoBBoSS

Posts: 249 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
leonides
Member # 3671

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for leonides     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Dalia ,

so we will meet at the second one which in front of Kouder Shop .

and have Mubark picture on the the entrance .
Please confirm .
thanks

quote:
Originally posted by Dalia:
Sultan is good because you can actually order Egyptian food and get it on the boat; did that last week and it was nice.

But watch out, there are two felucca stations close to each other. If you're coming from downtown Sultan is the first; then comes another one a few steps down, easy to distinguish because there's a picture of Mubarak on the entryway down to the Nile.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com