EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Help, L'Oreal Gel Blush needed, Desperately

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help, L'Oreal Gel Blush needed, Desperately
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Rimo (edited 07 August 2004).]

Posts: 314 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Post your email address
quote:
Originally posted by Rimo:
Ladies, I used today THE LAST DROP of my gel blush !!!!HELP!!. Any idea where i can get another in Cairo? Cream and powder blushes are Disasters. I gave up on L'oreal Gel Blush, so where can i find ANY gel blush here?

A very pale Rimo

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 11 March 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 314 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maadi grand mall..
Carrefour

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[

[/b][/QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by Rimo (edited 11 March 2004).]

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

leonides
Member # 3671

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for leonides     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Monica , i see u alot do you live here in cairo i thought you r in canada .

i must thank you for being active this way .

Thanks and have a nice time

Posts: 28 | From: egypt | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey leonides,

Thanks for the thanks, friend and yes I am based in Canada, but my heart and brains live/belong in Egypt.

I do visit Cairo/Alex many times a year, I'll settle there eventually -

Salam,
Monica

quote:
Originally posted by leonides:
Hi Monica , i see u alot do you live here in cairo i thought you r in canada .

i must thank you for being active this way .

Thanks and have a nice time

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try "Faces", they carry all the brand names.
It's on Gezirat el Arab, corner to Lebanon street in Mohandessin.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member

Jennifer
Member # 1443

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jennifer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never, ever, even considered it possible to be DESPERATE for makeup. However, if that is your current situation, I wish you luck in finding it. :-)
Posts: 322 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wilsonkick
Member # 3153

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for wilsonkick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I will be there in July........long way off but I will bring you one if you want .... But you will need to let me know what colour ect....... Maybe this will help you? .... Oh all them months with no makeup! Wish I could say I was coming sooner but July it is! Let me know ok Joanne
Posts: 42 | From: isle of man uk | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member

Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
he he he.,..you are a walking commercial Rimo!!!
from a gel blusher to another

quote:
Jen. sweetie, did you know that a model in the sixties wighed 8% less that the avarage woman of the same hight? right now they weigh 23% less.
There is something i want you to do, Come on, gonna take a minute, read the following list, if you spend more than 15 minutes /day thinking about any (or some) of that then probably the media got to you too.hmmmm ok: Dr Atkins diet, south beath diet, tummy, CELLULITE, anti-cellulite, cream blush, powder blush, sheer lipstick, matte lipstick, collagen enriched cream, vit. E, vit. K, dark circles, fine lines, short skirt, long skirt, side slash, back slash, high heels, clogs, wax, bleech, shave,nude lipstick, red lipstick, loose legs, straight legs,....etc the list goes on forever including the latest high tech. gadgets for both sexes (guys are not immune)
Come one Jenny,after being bombarded by the media all the time, if i'm only worried about my gel blush and sheer lipstick that's fair enough ha?
Have a nice day

Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahaha, let me tell you this:
During a TV interview on famous women, a few weeks ago, Julia Roberts was asked the following question: How do you feel knowing that million of women dream of looking like Julia Roberts?

...and her answer was: I do dream of looking like her too, you know, when I wake up in the morning!!!

And I bet you that she uses the blush ...she uses the blush!!! he he he...

We're not the only ones...

quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Monica:
[b]he he he.,..you are a walking commercial Rimo!!!
from a gel blusher to another

Isn't it true though what the media does? a couple of years ago, I opened a magazine can't remeber what it was, I was at the dentist's , (you're quite vulenabel hen you're there) but anyway, they were advertising Clarins day cream, knowing Clarins doesn't come cheap, I decided to stick to my trusted and tried Johnsons PH 5.5, anyway, a couple of days later, I logged in, on the homepage, they were advertiising Clarins Day ceam. Again I ignored that one. Finally I was oing through a month old issue of mmmm dunno, well, anyway, and there it was again, same ad. I decided it was a sign I was meant to have it, I did, paid heaven and earth, expected to look like Julia Roberts once i did, Guess what? I didn't!!!!! By the way Johnson's Ph 5.5 is awesome!!!

[/B][/QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 13 March 2004).]

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
read the following list, if you spend more than 15 minutes /day thinking about any (or some) of that then probably the media got to you too.hmmmm ok: Dr Atkins diet, south beath diet, tummy, CELLULITE, anti-cellulite, cream blush, powder blush, sheer lipstick, matte lipstick, collagen enriched cream, vit. E, vit. K, dark circles, fine lines, short skirt, long skirt, side slash, back slash, high heels, clogs, wax, bleech, shave,nude lipstick, red lipstick, loose legs, straight legs,....etc the list goes on forever including the latest high tech. gadgets for both sexes (guys are not immune)

Good grief ...

The only things on this list I actually ever think about (but certainly for less then 15 min / day) are wax and vitamin K.
So I guess there's still hope for me ...

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jennifer
Member # 1443

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jennifer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I occasionally think about long skirts, as in, I don't have enough of them. Other than that...I don't think the remainder of the list crosses my mind once a week let alone once per day.
Of course, I don't have a television.

Posts: 322 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member

karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I think this topic is for women only. I think there is no ugly women, just women knows how to care about herself, anyway I prefer woman without makeup

Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by karim:
[B]
I think this topic is for women only. I think there is no ugly women,

cute, Karim, obviously, unless you use L'oreal Gel Blush yourself. hehe

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wacobaco
Member # 3640

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for wacobaco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OHHH GOD.. whenever reading such female posts i wonder..why God create woman like that? only to make men wonder about this? or to make them feel fed up of such female interests? and HE also create man with some trivial intersts ..like loving football ..or whatsoever..just to make women feel irritated about that silly man's interest..strange...
also.. ugly women use make-up to be beautiful...beautiful women use it to be more beautiful..and so on..there is never an end or satisfaction to women self-ego .. sorry..to interfere like that..but these words were "standing in my throat" after reading this thread ..i have to spell them out..
Rimo..u r a dynamite .. dynamic explosive.. "assola" .."so sweet".. with every post u r posting in this thread..i feel u r running in ur chair while writing it..is make--up what makes u like that? .. i thought tonics would..not cosmetics cheers

Posts: 66 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karinfarid
Member # 3352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karinfarid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi all,

I did not want to post in this thread, because make-up and fashion magazines have no part in my life, alhamdulillah.

I do have to admit, I did not know what a gel blush is, after all. So I googled to find a picture and in the customer review the girls wrote, they think the L'oral blush got discontinued, or - so most of them hoped - it would be repackaged and appear again in the market.

On a personal note, I would abstain from buying any L'oreal products (Armani, Redken, Lancome, Vichy, Casharel, Rubinstein, etc.) because of their ongoing large-scale investment in Israel and the occupied territories.

American Jewish Congress: "We also have high praise for OAC for its persistence and investigative skills in pursing this case. "The secondary Arab boycott of Western firms doing business with Israel is on its last legs. L'Oreal's change in policy, doubtless based upon both economic reasons and reasons of morality, clearly points out that doing business with Israel is good business. As a leader over many years in anti-boycott efforts, AJCongress expresses keen satisfaction that L'Oreal has become a warm friend of Israel and its people.

Everybody who is a warm friend of Israel, is certainly no friend of mine.

more info on their relationship w. Israel: http://www.inminds.co.uk/boycott-l-oreal.html

salaam, Karin

salaam, Karin

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Karin,

Are you sure that coca cola, pepsi, 7 up Mac donalds, kentucky fried chicken etc...etc...are not big time investors in Israel?

What about Sony and Sanyo and frigidaire and General Electric, and Microsoft and the windows environment/application/software you are using right now while posting on ES?

Will you stop using everything from every brand that has invested in Israel?

I can garantee you that every brand and every industry within every sector that can be successful, has big time investments in Israel.

If you do an in depth research you will also (surprise) find out that the Egyptian cotton, the most beautiful cotton in the world is in big time demand in Israel. Sheets and towels and table cloths and clothes from tshirts to Sweat shirts are sold in Israel, made from our Egyptian Cotton...................that the US buys....and then sells back to Egypt and Israel are you also going to stop using Egyptian cotton?

Just curious!
Monica

quote:
Originally posted by karinfarid:
hi all,

I did not want to post in this thread, because make-up and fashion magazines have no part in my life, alhamdulillah.

I do have to admit, I did not know what a gel blush is, after all. So I googled to find a picture and in the customer review the girls wrote, they think the L'oral blush got discontinued, or - so most of them hoped - it would be repackaged and appear again in the market.

On a personal note, I would abstain from buying any L'oreal products (Armani, Redken, Lancome, Vichy, Casharel, Rubinstein, etc.) because of their ongoing large-scale investment in Israel and the occupied territories.

American Jewish Congress: "We also have high praise for OAC for its persistence and investigative skills in pursing this case. "The secondary Arab boycott of Western firms doing business with Israel is on its last legs. L'Oreal's change in policy, doubtless based upon both economic reasons and reasons of morality, clearly points out that doing business with Israel is good business. As a leader over many years in anti-boycott efforts, AJCongress expresses keen satisfaction that L'Oreal has become a warm friend of Israel and its people.

Everybody who is a warm friend of Israel, is certainly no friend of mine.

more info on their relationship w. Israel: http://www.inminds.co.uk/boycott-l-oreal.html

salaam, Karin

salaam, Karin

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 16 March 2004).]

karinfarid
Member # 3352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karinfarid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Monica,

yes, I am sure that Mc Donald's, Pepsi, Sony, Coca-Cola and all the other big corporations are investing big-time in Israel - that's why I'm not using any of them if I can avoid it. (You got it, I'm not a big friend of globalization either!)

Microsoft and Intel are not to be avoided, but whenever I do have a choice, I will definetely make it.

The business deals between Israel and the Egypt/Arab/Muslim governments are not within my reach, I know that besides also grains and fruits are being traded, point is: I can not stop them, but what I can do in my own life in order not to contribute to their profits, I'm willing to do. My actions won't change the world (most probably!), but at least it gives me the feeling that I'm doing SOMETHING, even if it is a silent protest.

And no, I won't stop buying nor recommend anybody to stop buying Egyptian products which would only hurt the Egyptians and Egypt's economy.

salaam, Karin

Posts: 295 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mooly El Din     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rimo did you found it? I will come very soon and I can look for it, if you want?
Posts: 289 | From: Europe | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com