EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Gay marriages

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gay marriages
MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MotherEgypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Suddenly I am getting very upset with everyday pop-up news from all around USA about gay marriages. I don’t mind if someone like to bang-bong the same sex, however what is going to happened after all those massive marriages and all these mayors and catholic priest dancing and marching trough the streets on gay parades? Does it finally will cost of the social, legal, economical or political misbalance of the human society? Could it possible become totally normal in the couple of years to get married with the favorite parrot, gerbil or elephant? Why not?
What do you think about?

Posts: 565 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Here we go again. This is one subject that we will never come to terms here on this forum.

F. e. for Egyptians its haram to have a sexual relationship with the same gender and I totally understand your point.

But for many people in other parts of the world it is totally normal to have this kind of relationship.

I don't want to think or talk bad about people like that because these are humane beings - and many of them living on this world - just like you and me with own feelings and desires but with different preferences. You shouldn't look down on them.

I do support that they living out there sexuality in countries where its not forbidden to love the same gender. They also have a right to express their feelings, its called freedom. And personally I don't see anything wrong if they really love each other and want to commit.

Thumbs up for gay marriages!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tigerlilly, he was just questioning 'reproduction' issues of the future.

quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

Here we go again. This is one subject that we will never come to terms here on this forum.

F. e. for Egyptians its haram to have a sexual relationship with the same gender and I totally understand your point.

But for many people in other parts of the world it is totally normal to have this kind of relationship.

I don't want to think or talk bad about people like that because these are humane beings - and many of them living on this world - just like you and me with own feelings and desires but with different preferences. You shouldn't look down on them.

I do support that they living out there sexuality in countries where its not forbidden to love the same gender. They also have a right to express their feelings, its called freedom. And personally I don't see anything wrong if they really love each other and want to commit.

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 15 March 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

He opened up this topic with a certain undertone...... and its not right to put gays in line followed by animals.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Tigerlily, I totally understand your point of view. These are human beings, no human being in his right mind would want to be the object of redicule or contempt, and that is what's bound to happen if you deviate from what is defined by society as the norm. No one would chose to be a freak on purpose so the question is, is that thing born or bred? Is it a disease of the mind or chemical imbalance? Then you can no more blame gay men or women anymore than you would blame a person with manic depressive disorder for indecent exposure if he strips in public.
THE CATCH HERE tigerlily is that it is religiously FORBIDDEN. So the question is do you beleive in God (not you Lily, i'm talking about all of us), if so, you'll have to abide by His rules, coz God knows best. Seek help if that is a sickness, but PLEASE don't let a Man Of God (preacher, preist , whatever) condone these actions or bless that marriage, in the eyes of God it's not blessed i think.
I won't look down at another human being but forgive me for saying this, thinking about sex between 2 ppl of same gender COMPLETELY ruins my appetite.
I really like you tiger, I might not agree with you, but you sure have guts lady.

Posts: 314 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MotherEgypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello
personaly ,,i have nothing against them and i used to accept them all of the time ,,,even i have good friends among them ,,but when it comes to marraige ,,,this a bit weird

Posts: 565 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
I probably will get many bad responses to this one but I believe

Gays were there before any religion.

I believe many gay couples are better prepared and committed to enter a marriage than a normal man-woman-constellation. It takes a hell of an effort to go public and stand to it to be a gay in our society. Thumbs up!

Just to make my statement clear. I will not further post to this subject.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 15 March 2004).]

MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
Tiger ,,,you are a nice guy , i appreciate your posts ,,,
i respect your point of view but i guess i am free to accept it or not ,,,so please keep posting and stand for your point of view and make sure you will have all of my respect regardless of my acceptance to your point .

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member

MotherEgypt, I just want to let you know I am a woman, married to a man with three children ..... and a dog.

Thank you.

MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
ok,,,ok,,,
all of my respect mrs ,,,i am a man and till now i only manage to get a dog

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member

I know, MotherEgypt, I was the one giving you advises on training and caring for your dog. How does it come around?

For the other part I really hope you find your other half soon. And kids are the best what can happen to anyone. They are also a lot of work and responsibility but it makes you feel you are alive just to care for them and you get so much love back.
You know when you are young you have some fun and when you settle down in marriage your prospectives are changing. The funny times stay behind, the good years are coming now and you got more important "stuff" to accomplish: your children. They will always be with you for the rest of your life.
I always tell people you haven't experienced love unless you hold your own newborn.
Guess I drifted very much apart from this starting subject. Have a great day!

Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

MotherEgypt, I just want to let you know I am a woman, married to a man with three children ..... and a dog.

Thank you.

No Husband, No Kids 'n No Dog, not even a turtle damn. Tigerlily, I beleive I made it clear I liked your post, not agreeing with it is a different story. we all are entitled to our opinions, and we keep an openmind for a change (I sincerely hope I'm doing that, keeping an open mind that is) so please, there is no need for you to stop posting , and if you get a rude response, well, you can always ignore it.

Have a nice day.

Posts: 314 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
No Husband, No Kids 'n No Dog, not even a turtle

i am a man (could be good husband ) and wowo i have the dog ,for the turtle , we can manage together to get ...

Tiger ,thanks you make me want kids so much and the dog is doing just fine ,,growing up very fast and healthy ..

Rimo
Member # 3586

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Rimo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MotherEgypt:

i am a man (could be good husband ) and wowo i have the dog ,for the turtle , we can manage together to get ...

In case you missed my post in your "looking for a wife" I'm the one who said I was ALLERGIC TO Dogs, physically and emotionally

jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I always tell people you haven't experienced love unless you hold your own newborn.

Hi Tiger.. Cannot even imagine what I'd do if I find out that my pride and joy, my son is going to get married to Steve and not Eve.

Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
ok,,i have a friend of mine he likes my dog a lot and do not worry after giving him the dog he will not be invited to any of our parties
quote:
Originally posted by Rimo:
In case you missed my post in your "looking for a wife" I'm the one who said I was ALLERGIC TO Dogs, physically and emotionally

MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
EEEEHHHH GOOD ONE JAGUAR
quote:
Originally posted by jaguar:
Hi Tiger.. Cannot even imagine what I'd do if I find out that my pride and joy, my son is going to get married to Steve and not Eve.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member

A parent should love his/her child unconditionally regardless the way he/she is.

And to be gay is not a disease.

None of us comes perfect into this world.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

MotherEgypt, if you can arrange your marriage by end of June somehow, I would be happy to join your hafla as I will be on our well-deserved family vacation in Hurghada. Actually I do need a babysitter too....

jaguar
Member # 3378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaguar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Tiger.. but would you still thumb up for gay marriages
Posts: 477 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member

Taban, if this is what my daughter or my son would make happy in her/his life.

Of course I would also love much more to see them getting married and have children with opposite-sex partners. I hope to have one day a handful of grandchildren!

But you need to accept and support your offspring, thats why you are a parent and you are a mother/father.

MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
Juli ,,,i do not know i am still waiting for Rimo answer ,,,by the way a friend of mine he works sometimes as a babysitter but he is very very gay ,,,would you like to hire him to spend most of the day with your children .....just wonder
quote:

A parent should love his/her child unconditionally regardless the way he/she is.

And to be gay is not a disease.

None of us comes perfect into this world.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

MotherEgypt, if you can arrange your marriage by end of June somehow, I would be happy to join your hafla as I will be on our well-deserved family vacation in Hurghada. Actually I do need a babysitter too....

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member

MotherEgypt, what a strange question of yours?

But anyhow just to give you an answer. I need to meet any person - who I would like to trust my children with - in advance and also have to see references.

So far in accepting gays around you, MotherEgypt, I guess I was right in my assumption.......

MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
did i miss something ,,,what did you assume,lily
quote:

MotherEgypt, what a strange question of yours?

But anyhow just to give you an answer. I need to meet any person - who I would like to trust my children with - in advance and also have to see references.

So far in accepting gays around you, MotherEgypt, I guess I was right in my assumption.......

hateusernames
Member # 3091

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hateusernames     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the absence of absolute right and wrong, anything is acceptable and subject to the laws of evolution and progress.

There seem to be two groups posting in this topic, those who are religious and those who are not. Muslims follow their belief in God and Quran and therefore have absolute right and wrong (this applies to other religious groups).
Non religious individuals follow their own standards of what is humane and just.

This topic is similar to abortion, and it boils down to one question …who has the right to make final judgment?

If you believe in God you refer to his wisdom, if you don’t, you make up your own rules

Posts: 18 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bay212
Member # 3424

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bay212     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tigerlily
talking about sex & freedom.
why not allow incest !!!
How about group marriages!
Does it sound odd!!So did gay marriage
20 years ago..
Would you support a father marrying
his dauhter 20 years from now if
that is their preference..
Can u tell me where would u
personally draw the line.
Do we need to draw a line!!
Not according to u..
We should let people live out their
sexuality!!!

Posts: 16 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whether you like it or not, homosexual relationships have always existed and always will. The question is whether to accept it and make life a bit easier for people living in such relationships or not.

Imagine a (homosexual) couple living in a longterm relationship and suddenly one of the partners has an accident or becomes very ill and has to go to hospital, but the other one has no right whatsoever to visit him or her because officially they are neither married nor close relatives.

Imagine a couple living together for many years, sharing their expenses and one paying for the other in case of need. Now if one of them dies the other one has not right to a pension or whatever.

There are more examples like this and they all have to do with the legal practicalities of a couple living together.

There definitely has to be a legal solution for situations like this. Not in Egypt - I don't believe Gay relationships will ever be accepted here, but at least in countries where homosexuality is already a part of society.

In Germany we currently have something called "officially registered partnership" (or something like that). It caused a lot of stir but it's been put into practice in order to solve the above described legal problems without having the same significance as a "normal" marriage.

I find the whole discussion whether homosexuality is "natural" or not and whether it's caused by genetic predisposition or social influence unneccessary and even dangerous because it seems to lead to a form of racism.

I honestly don't care wheather it's "natural" or not. Homosexuality always existed and always will and I don't understand why for some people it seems to present a threat. I do have gay and lesbian friends and their relationships differ in no way from those of my heterosexual friends - the same problems, the same joy etc.

I noticed that many people - be they for or against homosexuality - tend to concentrate on the sexual aspects only. I find that quite strange. If I think about people's relationships I certainly don't care what they do in bed, so why does it become the focal point if talking about homosexual relationships?

And what would all you people who don't want homosexuals to come near them do if one of your kids turned out to be gay? Ever thought about that? Would you drag her or him to a doctor? Abandon him or her?
Or would you support them and hope that they will find love and happiness even if the life they chose for themselves is different from what you might have had in mind for them?

[This message has been edited by Dalia (edited 16 March 2004).]

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com