EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Mind-game

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mind-game
secret agent
Member # 4003

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for secret agent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

hi all,

here is a simple exercise for anyone who can afford spending 3 minutes on a game which is for children like all of us

it seems to me...maybe am wrong.....that everyone tries to have full control on her-/himself and be master of her/his thoughts. Nice. Maybe we can test it whether we are really can do it or it is just an illusion.

After reading these lines plz sit back and for 1 minute just think of anything, anything BUT NOT A KANGAROO !

Could u do it???? if yes.....congratulations!

Posts: 15 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
secret agent
Member # 4003

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for secret agent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

....and people say: "we are serious adults ya stupid secret agent....play your games alone....we have much more important things to do, topics to dicuss, issues to debate on"

secret agent: "ok, ok, as u like"

Posts: 15 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh nooooooooooooo...I'm not a serious adult...I'm a kid, a kid, a kid at heart at least... and I liked your game ya secret agent....

ok, confession time, kangooroo came to mind....and Australia popped in too...a lot of Greenery...it looked like the Sound of music...very old classic movie you know it?

That is the proof that I'm not a serious adult right??? tell me I'm right!!! please...

And how are YOU doing?

Have a super day friend!
Monica...kid at heart .....

quote:
Originally posted by secret agent:

....and people say: "we are serious adults ya stupid secret agent....play your games alone....we have much more important things to do, topics to dicuss, issues to debate on"

secret agent: "ok, ok, as u like"

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiggleGirl
Member # 3822

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiggleGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Monica:
oh nooooooooooooo...I'm not a serious adult...I'm a kid, a kid, a kid at heart at least... and I liked your game ya secret agent....

ok, confession time, kangooroo came to mind....and Australia popped in too...a lot of Greenery...it looked like the Sound of music...very old classic movie you know it?

That is the proof that I'm not a serious adult right??? tell me I'm right!!! please...

And how are YOU doing?

Have a super day friend!
Monica...kid at heart .....

Lol Sound of Music? I know it. Julie Andrews, a young Julie Andrews and a very, very annoying song called Eidelweiss!! lol I though of a kangaroo! Strange I deliberately tried not to think of one and found my only thoughts were "must not think of kangaroos, must not think of kangaroos..." going round and round my head like a record. I was thinking of kangaroos then wasn't I? LOL

Posts: 293 | From: UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
secret agent
Member # 4003

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for secret agent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

LOL
handshake to everyone,

it seams to be an easy task, however, it is certainly not
buddhists use it when they start to teach someone how to do meditation...with this exercise they show u how far u are from controlling your thoughts...

if someone asks u not to think of a kangaroo...it is almost sure that your mind will grab it and fix it. than u start to say to yourself "no, i do not want to think of a kangaroo" but still it is in your head, no escape.

question: who is the boss then? u or the thoughts?
good news: by practicing meditation u can be able to empty your busy mind whenever u want, and u do not have to worry about boxing kangaroos conquering your head lol

kay in love
Member # 3444

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kay in love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kangaroos all the way for me

im obviously not grown up enough to controle my thoughts!!!!!

much love kay

Posts: 128 | From: uk | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com