EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Searching for wife

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Searching for wife
sh_amin
Member # 4385

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sh_amin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm 28 Years old Electric Engineer Work with a good salary and is searching for wife

any interested girls should add my msn mail which is kokozzz@hotmail.com for photos and more info

or reply here

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Wallahy el Azeem....fadahtoona fi wesst el aganeb we khaletoona ala lessan eli yesswa welli mayesswash.......

quote:
Originally posted by sh_amin:
I'm 28 Years old Electric Engineer Work with a good salary and is searching for wife

any interested girls should add my msn mail which is kokozzz@hotmail.com for photos and more info

or reply here

quote:
malo bas el email mosh 3agbek leeh ??

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 24 May 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sh_amin
Member # 4385

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sh_amin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Monica! you have me in hysterics...tee hee!!!
Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homesick2
Member # 3093

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for homesick2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Monica:

Wallahy el Azeem....fadahtoona fi wesst el aganeb we khaletoona ala lessan eli yesswa welli mayesswash.......

I missed those truly egyptian expressions.

Posts: 220 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homesick2
Member # 3093

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homesick2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Having said the above, I don't see anythng wrong what you're doing...good luck.

Posts: 220 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saleh
Member # 835

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monica

You make me laugh . I know what you mean.

Posts: 23 | From: BROOKLYN , NEW YORK | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tab el hamd lellah!

quote:
Originally posted by saleh:
Monica

You make me laugh . I know what you mean.

citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monica, don't be so sensitive. Every magazine/newspaper in the West has a lonely hearts column where men and women seek spouses, lovers, etc. It's not a big deal!

el aganeb akhtara3u el kalam da!

Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
it is not a big deal...ala ra'yak...

quote:
Originally posted by citizen:
Monica, don't be so sensitive. Every magazine/newspaper in the West has a lonely hearts column where men and women seek spouses, lovers, etc. It's not a big deal!

el aganeb akhtara3u el kalam da!

egy_prince
Member # 2853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egy_prince     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Monica:
[B]

Monica, I was thinking that u r not Egyptian from ur nick name...but now I became sure that u r very Egyptian bendahrag elmessa ya assal

Posts: 471 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dajjal supreme
Member # 4381

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dajjal supreme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what if foreigners read this post? He wants to find a wife then let him, not discourage him by typing messages in Arabic so foreigners are unable to decipher what your trying to say to him. Good luck with finding a wife man.
Posts: 170 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saladin
Member # 4220

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saladin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know why Monica seems to think this thread is embarassing.

The man is looking for someone to share his life with. He obviously looked within his own cirlce and did not find anyone promising, and is expanding is search.

Its not like he is going to get married to the first one that replies, he is merely stating his interest in meeting that special someone and making it clear he is not afraid of commitment.

In this era of shows like "Joe Millionaire", "The Bachelor" and "Average Joe", I could hardly say the original poster is out of order.

Sh_Amin good luck in finding that special someone.

Posts: 94 | From: Boise, Idaho, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Saladin...I thought his email address was embarassing, as simple as that!
Not a big deal after all! I should have ignored it...and looked at it with humour! I guess that I was over sensitive alashan mahadesh yihaza a el masreyeen...bass it's not important...eli yihaza a naffssoh yehaza a ana maly

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Foreigner" who lives in that society of "Average Joe"s, "The Bachelor"s etc may dare to share an opinion...

THIS DARN AD IS VERY OFFENSIVE. With the translation of his email...IT IS ABSOLUTELY Disgusting. Good for you, Monica, for putting this man in line. Bravo

To the rest of the support group of this sh_amin... Do you think it is respectful to treat women this way and invite them to such email address? Is this how you treat Egyptian women, folks or is this a special ad for foreigners?

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dajjal supreme
Member # 4381

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dajjal supreme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Katrina it was the concept of a man asking to marry a woman on a board that stirred this uproar initially not the email address. And how is the email offensive? I thought the proper term ended with s not z in addition to it having the letter 'k' only once.
Posts: 170 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dajjal supreme:
Katrina it was the concept of a man asking to marry a woman on a board that stirred this uproar initially not the email address. And how is the email offensive? I thought the proper term ended with s not z in addition to it having the letter 'k' only once.

dajjal supreme, fine. I admit my Arabic language impairment Again I cannot understand the cute Arabic dialogue on this thread. But from a very broad concept if a man can ask to marry a woman on a board like this, let's be more specific... I would curious if you or anybody can educate me on this:

Do Egyptian men ask Egyptian women to marry them on boards such as this????? Would an Egyptian woman accept this offer and email the guy seemingly eager to tie the knot ?

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 24 May 2004).]

Posts: 995 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Guys we are on ES and this means people will meet here somehow somewhen online. Some of us might start a friendship and some people might even find/have found their partner online here. Would be interesting to know......

Remember, we had numerous threads on ES about people meeting online and falling in love with each other. I don't believe it would have worked for me but it did and does for others. Its their private choice. And its up to these people to start or not to start a relationship with all consequences.

I don't see anything wrong with his ad, really!

Come on!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok before this becomes too hilarious and really embarassing to handle let me say this:

I did not find the ad of looking for a wife embarassing.,.

I found his email address embarassing...

If some of you did not notice, or did not understand or pretended not to...what can I do...? Not a big deal...

Have a good evening everyone, and sh_amin I wish you a wife that does not understand arabic, and never heard embarassing words in arabic in the streets, that does not understand the culture, and never asks about the meaning of anything she hears that could be embarassing or vulgar, and has a great sense of humour too !

quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

Guys we are on ES and this means people will meet here somehow somewhen online. Some of us might start a friendship and some people might even find/have found their partner online here. Would be interesting to know......

Remember, we had numerous threads on ES about people meeting online and falling in love with each other. I don't believe it would have worked for me but it did and does for others. Its their private choice. And its up to these people to start or not to start a relationship with all consequences.

I don't see anything wrong with his ad, really!

Come on!

Saladin
Member # 4220

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saladin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Katrina its not like he is proposing to the first person to send him an e-mail. Most egyptian women will not have an intimate relationship with a man until she is married to him.

Most women would not go address a man unless he had 'honorable intentions', and that means he plans on marriage

Posts: 94 | From: Boise, Idaho, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
homesick2
Member # 3093

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for homesick2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ok before this becomes too hilarious and really embarassing to handle let me say this:

[b]I did not find the ad of looking for a wife embarassing.,.

I found his email address embarassing...
[/B]

Sorry I did not pay attention at all to his email address, you are right yet again.

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by katrina (edited 24 May 2004).]

katrina
Member # 3747

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for katrina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Saladin:
Katrina its not like he is proposing to the first person to send him an e-mail. Most egyptian women will not have an intimate relationship with a man until she is married to him.

Most women would not go address a man unless he had 'honorable intentions', and that means he plans on marriage

Saladin, I disagree. here is the quote from the original post:

"any interested girls should add my msn mail which is kokozzz@hotmail.com for photos and more info

or reply here"

It is addressed to anyone who is 'willing adn interested in". Since as you point out exactly (that is what I exactly meant when I raised my question) most Egyptian women will not regard this as a decent enough proposal, the original post implies that it is addressed to foreign women then. I found it very INSULTING

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Right Monica, but maybe he meant something totally different like "cocos" (= coconut) for example and he just spelled it wrong?

PS: Just to tell you this much. Sometimes it was actually easier for me NOT to understand what some people say because it would have driven me coco-nuts!

Good night, everyone!

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 25 May 2004).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eastern girl
Member # 4363

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Eastern girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it is very intresting that this word has the same meaning in some other languages so i agree with monica from the first point, girls plz be careful with email and chat friends, in most cases it is a big lie, so plz be careful, god may show us our way inshallah.
Posts: 7 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Tigerlily..loved your sense of humour on this one

Easterngirl.. exactly ..

Katrina..you understood right..

Homesick2..happy you got my point..

A sense of humour is wonderful ya gama'a bass balash yikun ala hissab karametna, dahna welad balad wahda

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
actually, when i read " kokozzz@hotmail.com for photos and more info"

...i thought...for photos and more info on WHAT?!

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Well egy_prince...now you know!
Check this: http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/Forum2/HTML/003206-3.html

quote:
Originally posted by egy_prince:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Monica:
[B]

Monica, I was thinking that u r not Egyptian from ur nick name...but now I became sure that u r very Egyptian bendahrag elmessa ya assal

Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member

quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
actually, when i read " kokozzz@hotmail.com for photos and more info"

...i thought...for photos and more info on WHAT?!

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 25 May 2004).]

anuna
Member # 4022

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anuna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI... I am from the West and I live in the US...although I have had the pleasure of being raised with egyptians... I would have definately spelled the word differnetly in the e-mail... but Monica is right... the e-mail is quite offensive and very slang... It is almost down right disrespectful... however since I am not the one talking with him romantically- I have not been disrespectied...
I hope he does not find someone who speaks arabic and understands these terms... because surely he will not marry talking to his would be wife in this manner.

Posts: 39 | From: West St. Paul, MN USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mooly El Din
Member # 1987

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mooly El Din     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

[This message has been edited by Monica
(edited 24 May 2004).]

Folks, I understand very well Monica's concern and I totally agree with her. However, I would used the term "awkward" rather than "embarrassing"

The main purpose of this forum is to exchange information about the life in Egypt and debate/discuss matters of concern in Egypt. It is not a dating site. However, potential relations between regular members might emerge due to frequent web encounters and exchange.

It is also very clear that this forum is heavily loaded with foreign women . There are quite few Egyptian and foreign men, and handful of Egyptian women.

So if you are posting a marriage aid in this forum, a part from the fact that it is not the appropriate place, it is obvious that you are fishing some Blondie's from BALAD AL AIM SAM, and again the suspect of the gigolos business could become apparent

Cheers to the smartly Monica

Posts: 289 | From: Europe | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com