EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » For converts to Islam (just an observation, not a thesis) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: For converts to Islam (just an observation, not a thesis)
kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mokoo:
Again you think you think and you think....
no proofs, no validation ...simple!!!

"I seem to recall you called yourself an atheist"

Quote me saying such...where did you get that from too...

What earth you're talking about "the flat one" where the sun goes down at the end of it in a well??
[This message has been edited by Mokoo (edited 28 July 2004).]

Is that some more ahadith you're quoting or what?

No actually I am talking about a flat Earth supported on columns standing on water where a firmament separates the water above from the water below An earth where if I climbed a tall tree I would be able to see ALL of Earth

Now tell me Mokoo, what is your religion then? Because whenever we try to compare Christianity and Islam you always wriggle out by saying you don't believe in either. So come on tell us once and for all, please, pretty please

Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mokoo
Member # 4576

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mokoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again no resources means you said "nothing"

"Now tell me Mokoo, what is your religion then? Because whenever we try to compare Christianity and Islam you always wriggle out by saying you don't believe in either".

again your mocking yourself ASS U Ming things....next poste you either QUOTE me saying such or simply retreat....

what I believe in is >>>whispering >>"a secret"...

quote:
Originally posted by kimo_the_maniac:
Is that some more ahadith you're quoting or what?

No actually I am talking about a flat Earth supported on columns standing on water where a firmament separates the water above from the water below An earth where if I climbed a tall tree I would be able to see ALL of Earth

Now tell me Mokoo, what is your religion then? Because whenever we try to compare Christianity and Islam you always wriggle out by saying you don't believe in either.

Posts: 195 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Again no resources means you said "nothing"

"Now tell me Mokoo, what is your religion then? Because whenever we try to compare Christianity and Islam you always wriggle out by saying you don't believe in either".

again your mocking yourself ASS U Ming things....next poste you either QUOTE me saying such or simply retreat....

what I believe in is >>>whispering >>"a secret"...

hehehe, lame. You are starting to get itchy Mokoo, am *I* starting to get under your sking

Okay here goes:
"You implied I was an ass, your rhetoric is beneath mine, unfortunately Mokoo, I had higher hopes for you, I thought you were a pedantic kindred spirit. Instead I have to discover you are just part of the riffraff masses who use obscenities like these ..."
muahahaha

So yalla, come on Mokoo, tell us your religion. What? Are you ashamed of it? Is it so embarassing that you have to keep it a secret. So come, on you can tell me, what? Messianic Jew? Eastern religions? Scientology? It has to be Messianic Judaism, I absolutely know it from the pages you quote here.

How about that tree from which you can survey Earth Mokoo

Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mokoo
Member # 4576

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mokoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I said before your standards are low...I suggest you relax now...you will see soon a couple of new topics you will just admire...I have to admit though you're beyond "women" in following my foot steps...it's a general forum where there are topics that are intellectualy discussed not a fancy meaningless wording //show off women chit chat rooms...I will not answer your next post because you are basically not answering any of my topics, and when you do you assume things that are not suppoted by resources, simple. Hence, once you feel defeated you wine about personals which in everyway irrelevant.

quote:
Originally posted by kimo_the_maniac:
hehehe, lame. You are starting to get itchy Mokoo, am *I* starting to get under your sking

Okay here goes:
"You implied I was an ass, your rhetoric is beneath mine, unfortunately Mokoo, I had higher hopes for you, I thought you were a pedantic kindred spirit. Instead I have to discover you are just part of the riffraff masses who use obscenities like these ..."
muahahaha

So yalla, come on Mokoo, tell us your religion. What? Are you ashamed of it? Is it so embarassing that you have to keep it a secret. So come, on you can tell me, what? Messianic Jew? Eastern religions? Scientology? It has to be Messianic Judaism, I absolutely know it from the pages you quote here.

How about that tree from which you can survey Earth Mokoo

Posts: 195 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dunno about anyone else but I think kimo is winning, just putting my bit in
quote:
I will not answer your next post because you are basically not answering any of my topics, and when you do you assume things that are not suppoted by resources, simple. Hence, once you feel defeated you wine about personals which in everyway irrelevant.

[This message has been edited by Mokoo (edited 28 July 2004).][/B]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayazid
Member # 2768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayazid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Ayazid (edited 28 July 2004).]

Posts: 653 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mokoo
Member # 4576

Rate Member
Ayisha...It's not a race, I'm trying to help you and expose you to some reality, open your mind, read the posts and don't get drifted with attacks...the information is valuable, get a hard copy of every thing I have on this forum and read...that's all ...
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
dunno about anyone else but I think kimo is winning, just putting my bit in

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dear mokoo, you are not 'helping' me, yourself, or anyone else here from what I can see. I have reality, I live reality, my mind is open, thats how I found Islam to be a much more logical religion than any other. I have read from the anti-islam sites you quote from long before you quoted them. I dont want hard copies of your anti-islamic posts thanks and I already have Sahih Bukhari books, which I might add are not the same as the quotes you post from the bukhari site you have on the net. You have already been told by someone else regarding ahadith, so quote Quran if you want to try to convert anyone of the muslims here. I am very happy with Islam but thank you very much for your 'concern' and 'help'in trying to show the 'mokoo' way to life, the universe and God,if you believe in a God, as I dont think you have been brave enough yet to tell what, if any, religion you follow.
quote:
Ayisha...It's not a race, I'm trying to help you and expose you to some reality, open your mind, read the posts and don't get drifted with attacks...the information is valuable, get a hard copy of every thing I have on this forum and read...that's all ...

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ama1001
Member # 4912

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ama1001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Allah does not listen in only in Arabic. Allah understands all languages. The prayer does not have to be 100 % Arabic. Only the essential parts need to be in Arabic in order to unify all Muslims and to prevent corruption of the prayer over the years. For example, what must be in Arabic are: The initial Takbeer, surat Al-fatiha, the takbeer between movements, the tasha-hud and the salam. You can ask Allah for anything in any language for example when you are making sujood. It’s OK to make mistakes in the beginning. You can also right down the Arabic words in your Latin alphabets.

People should not get upset when sex is mentioned as long as it is for educational purpose. The women of “Madina” during the prophet’s time used to ask him such questions.

It is true that books give you the opinion of the writer, but in any subject you study, books are the main source of knowledge and in developing your own understanding of the subject. Of course, the writers can never be totally impartial, which is why you read to many writers to achieve better understanding.

What parts of Islam are “conveniently not passed on”?
Of course you cannot accept part of Islam and reject others. You have to accept that five pillars of Islam: Testimony, 5 daily prayers, paying zakat, fasting during Ramadan and performing pilgrimage. If you accept those then you are a Muslim. However, you can miss some prayers as long as you do not reject the idea that prayers are part of the religion. You can skip days of fasting as long as you do not reject fasting. You can also reject Hijab if you think they indicate the superiority of men. However, on the day of judgment, there will be a balance sheet for everyone. The balance sheet will include all the positives and all the negatives. If the negatives outweigh the positives, then you are damned.
I don’t know if we should put the prophet on trial for marrying a 9-year old. For one thing, if one is put on trial he should be able to defend himself. Since Muhammad is not here, we cannot put him on trial. There are many arguments about this marriage. One thing was that there was no indication there was even sex performed with Aisha when she was 9 years old. In addition, Aisha lived with Muhammad until he died. She was a gown woman with strong personality. There was no indication of any resentment on her part due to the marriage at such as early age.
You are correct that what was normal at that time is different from what is normal today. The Europeans for example married girls who were very young. The ancient Egyptian kings married their daughters.

Posts: 1 | From: Clifton, NJ, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
elmagnoon
Member # 4199

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for elmagnoon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Luxorlover:
Agreed also. It was just nice to have someone to discuss things with. If you question your faith and still believe, then the faith is stronger.

Sorry if my shock at some of the hadiths offended you. Who with, or where else, will I discuss it? My local sheikh does not speak English and my English friends do not have a clue about Islam even though some say that they are Moslems and some even wear hijabs on Friday when they go to meat their lover's families..

I was not moaning to you or to anyone. I was just responding to a line that interested me in a negative sort of way. Also it was something that I did not know - and now I do, so I can thank Monoo for that. If it was my shaken faith, rather than someone else's, that prompted you start this lilne then I am surprised.

PS: You are right - it is my problem. I never once said it was yours. And you are also right that I do not know what an "isareliyat" is either.

[This message has been edited by Luxorlover (edited 22 July 2004).]

[This message has been edited by Luxorlover (edited 22 July 2004).]

http://www.islam-canada.com/pn/modules.php?op=modload&name=UpDownload&file=index

Posts: 343 | From: Magnoon Land | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BahYBasha
Member # 4522

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for BahYBasha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by elmagnoon:
http://www.islam-canada.com/pn/modules.php?op=modload&name=UpDownload&file=index

great link for people who dont speak arabic.

Posts: 180 | From: halifax, nova scotia, canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com