EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » I need a power of attorney

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I need a power of attorney
LifeIsTooShort
Member # 4652

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LifeIsTooShort     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in a kind of a mess here. I married an egyptian last year in June, went through all the visa's and paperwork involved in getting him to be able to come over here, and now all of a sudden just because of the war and his mom refusing for him to come here, he says he can't come now. So we're divorcing, and there shouldn't be any problem with this, but I'm not sure when I will be coming back to egypt and I need someone to sign my divorce papers for me in my absence. So what do I do? I know this is something completely out of the ordinary but I'm considered married here in the u.s. and I just want my life back. It has been hell these last couple of months since she suddenly changed his mind. Believe me we talked about everything that could possibly get in the way of him coming here but he stabbed me in the back in the end. I thought I was doing the right thing when I married him but his family never knew we got married. He said they would never accept him marrying someone older, divorced, and from the u.s. So he wanted to wait and tell them when his visa got approved. We were only 2 or 3 weeks away from his visa getting approved when all this crap started happening about the prisoners. He said his mom cried every day and knew that her first born son was going to live in the u.s. with an american woman, who she thought was just his friend, and she said she will not allow him to come here. My god, we get our heads chopped off, the body parts dragged through the streets then hung up by the bridges, but I dont ruin our marriage over this. I should of known the warning signs before I got myself into this mess, but it's too late now. He has agreed to give me a divorce without any problems because he knows he has hurt me real bad, but I need someone to sign for me. Does anyone have any suggestions? I tried asking the u.s. embassy for lawyers and they gave me a name of one who wanted $1,500.00..........Imagine that.....I'm a single parent with 3 kids and no child support and I'm by no means have alot of money just because I live in the u.s. Could anyone please help me? I love egypt very much, and the people are very very good, I just happened to meet a very immature one who would destroy our marriage because he went about it all the wrong way.

Please help me, thanks,

Denise

Posts: 7 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Denise,

This could be a solution:

Go to the Egyptian Embassy near you. They should be able to accomodate you.
I'm almost sure that you can sign the documents ~ that your husband will send to them ~ right in front of 'authorized Egyptian representatives, in your own country, as 'they' will act as proxy.. (substitute for the authorities that would witness your signature, if you were in Cairo).

All the best!!

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 09 September 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have a friend who can do it on your behalf. You must know someone who can give you the fax number of a lawyer in the relevant area. Is this just a registered Egptian marriage or are you married through the US Embassy. Ask one of the European Embassies to e-mail you a copy of their own list.

It only takes a copy of your passport and a letter of authorisation for a proxy to be made. You can fax these to someone. Most embassies have a list of preferred lawyers but being on the list gives them prestige and that makes their fees higher.

Someone should be able to sort out a lawyer for you, once that is done the proxy is easy.

[This message has been edited by Luxorlover (edited 10 September 2004).]

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dr_judge
Member # 5223

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dr_judge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
I'm working in the legal field in egypt
have a master degree from the usa
you can contact me on my email msaaads@yahoo.com
thanks
bye
Mohammad

Posts: 191 | From: cairo, Egypt | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LifeIsTooShort
Member # 4652

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LifeIsTooShort     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys, thanks for you help...When he went there to find out out to make our divorce official he said he was lucky to get an answer from them and they were very rude as usual. So I think asking him to go get these divorce papers from them to send here may be out of the question. We were married at the Ministry of Justice and this is where the U.S. embassy told us to go to where they would accept it. And they are very rude and we almost didn't get married just because one line wasn't translated to english and the lawyer didn't like how my divorce papers looked, so two of them argued over it until the one let in. I wanted to just call them myself but he didnt have the number and didn't know the name of the lawyer that he talked to. He said he was lucky to even get that much information out of them. I can't believe a goverment office is so hard to deal with. Your advice about me signing the paper here is a great idea, maybe the Egyptian Embassy here has one already, so I'll try this first, then if that fails I would greatly appreciate your help Dr. Judge.

And the embassy did give me a list of lawyers which were very high, and no, I dont know anyone there as I only talked to my husband and one other guy but he parties quite a bit in hurghada and i'm not sure about sending him this when it's basically my future at stake.

I appreciate all you guys help, your terrific...

Thanks,
Denise

Posts: 7 | From: United States | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
welsafty
Member # 5051

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for welsafty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mohammed, Have you ever conceder changing your username to [I_GOT_MASTERS_FROM_THE_USA] ????instead of repeating it over and over and ooooover
quote:
Originally posted by dr_judge:
Hi
I'm working in the legal field in egypt
have a master degree from the usa
you can contact me on my email msaaads@yahoo.com
thanks
bye
Mohammad

Posts: 785 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LifeIsTooShort:
I'm in a kind of a mess here. I married an egyptian last year in June, went through all the visa's and paperwork involved in getting him to be able to come over here, and now all of a sudden just because of the war and his mom refusing for him to come here, he says he can't come now. So we're divorcing, and there shouldn't be any problem with this, but I'm not sure when I will be coming back to egypt and I need someone to sign my divorce papers for me in my absence. So what do I do? I know this is something completely out of the ordinary but I'm considered married here in the u.s. and I just want my life back. It has been hell these last couple of months since she suddenly changed his mind. Believe me we talked about everything that could possibly get in the way of him coming here but he stabbed me in the back in the end. I thought I was doing the right thing when I married him but his family never knew we got married. He said they would never accept him marrying someone older, divorced, and from the u.s. So he wanted to wait and tell them when his visa got approved. We were only 2 or 3 weeks away from his visa getting approved when all this crap started happening about the prisoners. He said his mom cried every day and knew that her first born son was going to live in the u.s. with an american woman, who she thought was just his friend, and she said she will not allow him to come here. My god, we get our heads chopped off, the body parts dragged through the streets then hung up by the bridges, but I dont ruin our marriage over this. I should of known the warning signs before I got myself into this mess, but it's too late now. He has agreed to give me a divorce without any problems because he knows he has hurt me real bad, but I need someone to sign for me. Does anyone have any suggestions? I tried asking the u.s. embassy for lawyers and they gave me a name of one who wanted $1,500.00..........Imagine that.....I'm a single parent with 3 kids and no child support and I'm by no means have alot of money just because I live in the u.s. Could anyone please help me? I love egypt very much, and the people are very very good, I just happened to meet a very immature one who would destroy our marriage because he went about it all the wrong way.

Please help me, thanks,

Denise

Could you get the paper work couriered to you? Then you could sign it yourself and send it back.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by welsafty:
Mohammed, Have you ever conceder changing your username to [b][I_GOT_MASTERS_FROM_THE_USA] ????instead of repeating it over and over and ooooover [/B]

Good idea.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com