EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Legal Marriage... Pls help! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legal Marriage... Pls help!
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Kelly

Like you say you are too young for all this s**t in your life. I'm glad you found out now before you got even more hurt and that you were so strong and told him exactly where to go. I know it hurts so dam much to be taken in like this, I get so sick and tired of seeing the games these men play. Who the hell do they think they are that they can muck up peoples lives in this way.

Keep busy and get back to your old life as fast as possible.
Take care of yourself, it will get better.
Love Penny

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ge Ge
Member # 3868

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ge Ge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelly, you will get over it you have the right attitude.In Egypt always be very dubious about a man who has one or two wives and you have not met them.In fact be very dubious about most Egyptian men until you have known them for a long time.

I wish you luck.You are only 19 you have your whole life ahead.Where are you in England? Keep smiling.

Posts: 343 | From: Wiltshire, England | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I have to say you have a lot of guts to come back to give this update. After everything that you posted, a lot of women would have just quietly melted away. Takes a pretty strong person to do that - chin up.
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xkellyxmichellex
Member # 5529

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for xkellyxmichellex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks *Hugs*

Its a good bloodey job I am a tough cookie!! For a while there i turned into a bit of i Shirley Valentine i think! ! ! I did love him, very much though. I am so fed up of the lying and story after story which were all built up on lies, he has called my dad so many times today bothering him about me, What i dont get is what i mean to him, How can i mean that much to him - Im just another 'wife' - After he had the cheek to tell me and warn me of Most Egyptian men how they have Wives and Girlfriends etc etc!! What a prick im so glad i caught him this early, Its sad because for the past 8 months although he has not been here he has had my heart and been with me in my mind and on the phone everyday, But in time i know i will fall back in love again with the country when this is all settled and go back out there for a good holiday and visit Aswan and Egypt doesnt just end in Sharm, I will see it all one day! I dont need him, i pitty him actually. I feel bad for his first wife i remember how he described her to me and looking back on some of the **** he fed me i cant believe i fell for it.. "Oh no my wife she said to me, just have another wife i dont mind, All i want is to take care of the kids thats all i want in my life are the children" - I mean, for a start if thats the case why wouldnt they divorce then? Ahh so many things, Its all behind me now. Maybe its a good job we dont live in the same country - Else id be ringing his neck right now!!!!!!!

Thanx 2 all
Ill start back for some chats regular -This forums wikid

Posts: 8 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trojca
Member # 5599

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for trojca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi I'm glad you got your eyes opened before making a big mistake. I'm about your age, in love with an egyptian guy, for 2 years now, I still don't know where will all this end up with.
Anyway, don't worry I know it hurts right now but you'll be laughing about it in a few weeks.
I wish you the best

Posts: 33 | From: kansas city, ks, usa | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kel... believe me.... i'm so happy you found out now.... you can get on with your life!!! Best wishes girl, it takes a lot to admit you were wrong!!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnotherNewMember
Member # 5014

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnotherNewMember     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
deleted

[This message has been edited by AnotherNewMember (edited 14 October 2004).]

Posts: 323 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacqueline
Member # 498

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacqueline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The term 'registration' does not apply to local courts it applies to the recording of a legal marriage at the record office. For marriage to non egyptians this record office is in cairo. You can get egyptian citizenship by virtue of living in egypt for long enough it is not necessary to be legally married to an egyptian to get citizenship. If you dont have citizenship you still need a visa to enter egypt. Anyone can keep getting a visa renewed indefinitely very easily without having to be married to an egyptian. If you want to get a residence visa on the grounds of owning property and having business interests in egypt this is easy you dont need to be legally married to an egyptian. I have a residence visa and a work permit in my passport, i applied for it on the basis of my marriage which they accepted because i have legal papers from the mazoon at lazoughly. I can come and go from egypt as much as i like without buying any visa at the airport until my residence visa runs out in another 5 years, after that i can get another one. They made it very clear that local lawyers papers would not have been acceptable for this. I have it on the authority of the egyptian embassy in london and the british embassy in cairo that lawyers papers do not constitute a legally recognised marriage either in egypt or in england.I dont wish to hurt anyones feelings by saying these things i merely wish to inform. Lawyers papers are not worth the paper they are written on. If you had any problems in your relationship you wouldnt have a legal leg to stand on with these papers. You have no legal protection whatsoever.
Posts: 92 | From: Britain | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenprincess1
Member # 2933

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for jenprincess1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelly,

I am just checking in, having been gone from here for several months... I was very dubious when reading your first few posts. I was sure you were headed into one BIG mistake, but you found out that the others here were just trying to save you much grief. Congratulations, you have just taken one big leap into growing up.... seeing that you were about to make a mistake, stopping yourself, and most importantly, ADMITTING it. You're doin' great!
ps... I am American, married to a wonderful Egyptian from Helwan (outside Cairo), living in the US, awaiting his visa to come to me from Kuwait where we met last July and married in March.

Posts: 20 | From: Springfield, MO, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreigngirl
Member # 4054

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreigngirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These women are trying to HELP you. Why would anyone be jealous or bitter about a woman involved with a married man with 3 kids. They really are trying to open your eyes. You are only 19 going on 20. What is going on with your education. And don't you think these people living here would have a lot more experience in knowing and dealing with situations like these?
quote:
Originally posted by xkellyxmichellex:
Jealous wasnt a good word to use, Bitter however, Was the correct word and what i should of wrote. I feel like there are alot of people on here who from there own experiences just think every one similar to is the same and is going to turn out bad.
I know i am going to get critized etc for what i write and i can take it, But let me have my opinion to! I have read what everyone else thinks and i have said thats fine but i have an opinion also and i want to tell you all that..
And i know there are people on here who support others and i will be one of those people who will try to help to but i understand why you all think as you do but when i say i dont agree with any of you it doesnt mean im not letting any one have there comments or opinions im giving mine back.
I know i write like im in love and i wont listen to anyone else, i admit i do - I wont listen to anyone else until he has proven me wrong because i believe in innocent until found guilty especially in this case. I will except his kids and his first wife, I am going on what he says because i trust him like he does with me. If there wasnt trust in a long distance relationship i wouldnt have one! So i trust him and i believe what he is saying, I agree that i should be very wary of him and find out what i am getting myself in to first but i will not judge him based on his past - I would hate someone to do that to me. He lives alone, away from his family he sees them maybe 6 times a year for a week each time. When i return i WILL be haveing words with his first wife and until then i still believe what he says, If things look doubtful and i find out hes been lying then i will go ballistic :| And that will be the end but there are plenty more fish in the sea!! Im serious enough about him to wait until i can go back and we can discuss and sort things out and stick with him and what he says. For now.
I met him in Sharm, He is a cab driver but owns his own business its a car rental place and he runs it with his friend. He told me he loved me and cried and cried and cried when i left towards the end of the holiday, He had been honest from the start about his wife and kids and all things he had never lied to any of me and my family. He got on very well with my dad and before he had told me he loved me he told my dad the day before he needed to speak with him about me but anyway, it was to tell my dad first, i said no and it pretty much went like that. I knew him for 3 weeks and spent the last 1 and a half weeks with him because he had then told me, he told me it was love at first sight - He had seen me arrive at the hotel although i had not seen him or anyone. I did not fall in love with him as soon as he did with me it took me a few weeks maybe over a month but i can honestly say i do love him so much now and im happy with that. I have not seen him since April this year but i am going back because of money matters more than anything in Jan, New year. It is all booked now and i am staying with him a while before we marry i am meeting his family and friends etc then we will hopefully wed if all troubles are solved and settled. I have never done anything so crazy in my life but then im 19, I know its crazy but i love it all. And i love him. We may live in england or egypt it looks like Egypt will be where we live but we might well split the year up and do half in 1 country then in the others???
His family live in Cairo yes, Mohamed is i think its 15 years older than me hes 35 in Jan im 20 in March.

His dad was not in Sharm but we travelled to visit his apartment i am not certain of the name all i know is that it took about 3 hours in the car to get there and its still in Sinai, His mother i am not sure about but i will be speaking with her for a second time when i return to Sharm as we are travelling around Egypt. If i work in Sharm i will be working with my boyfriend for his business, His friend has an english wife already who is ALOT older than him they have like 25 years apart who is currently working for there business but they are both moveing to england and Mohamed will have his own business in Sharm alone.

Penny thats great i would love to talk with you Can i ask please what happened with you and your egyptian husband and your experiences with Egypt?

Thanx 2 all of u and im not mad at anyone!

X

Posts: 145 | From: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemonspice
Member # 5667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemonspice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey kelly,ur certainly too young,especially for the troubles yet to come.To be honest,i cannot imagine anything but trouble from this guy.Its very clear he is committed to his wife,and not only for his chidren.no one really 'comes' from sharm,just people who from all over the country(usually not the best) who went to settle there-and they dont really settle,just on the lookout for more fun/girls/low jobs.im not being crtical of people in sharm,but the kind of people that sharm pulls nowadays.

it is allowed& accepted to marry 1-4 wives in islam& arab countries.but once a man does-especially to a foreigner-then he doesn not have intentions of settling with her-infact thats why he chose her in first place,an egyptian woman wouldnt agree,unless its for critical reasons.
i am awfully sorry to say this,but many(not all but majority) of egyptian men dont actaully respect forein women,they know that they can easily be someone else/do things and never be caught out-due to their lack of knowledge.
please be careful,ask for more opinion,esp from people who went through it,and to tell u the truth,being in sharm and 19,it would be a shame getting married! best of luck.

Posts: 604 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big hug from moi too. I checked with the fishes (many ) in the sea; they all say hi to you waving their fins and tails seducingly. Take care and chin up girl - my good wishes are right behind u.
K.

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com