EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » 'Best wishes' to christmas from a moslem?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 'Best wishes' to christmas from a moslem?
Sara the miserable
Member # 5571

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Sara the miserable     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salamalekum, dears,
I am a german moslem since 11 years. My parents are not believers (...) but celebrating christmas and birthdays. Prophet Mohammed(pbah) told us to celebrate the islamic Eid only. Every Year my parents are so sad from me, because I do not phone at christmasday to say "Happy Christmas". So, can it be right ? I feel bad, maybe I am doing wrong ?
Salam
Sara (notsomiserable...)

Posts: 83 | From: Zahraa El Maadi, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hodaifa
Member # 5739

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hodaifa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aleykumes selam
ok sara insaallah you will win cennetullah.

maybe you must tell with your parents

how did you find islam???

mabrooooukkk congralations

quote:
Originally posted by Sara the miserable:
Salamalekum, dears,
I am a german moslem since 11 years. My parents are not believers (...) but celebrating christmas and birthdays. Prophet Mohammed(pbah) told us to celebrate the islamic Eid only. Every Year my parents are so sad from me, because I do not phone at christmasday to say "Happy Christmas". So, can it be right ? I feel bad, maybe I am doing wrong ?
Salam
Sara (notsomiserable...)

Posts: 20 | From: turkey | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MohdAnwar
Member # 5528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MohdAnwar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am afraid most or Fatwa i saw up to now like http://www.al-eman.com/Ask/ask3.asp?id=15270&hide1=2&Next=&select1=*&select2=*&rad1=&dbegin=&mbegin=&ybegin=&dend=&mend=¥d=&rad2=MOF&idser=&wordser=ÇáßÑíÓãÓ
and http://www.al-eman.com/Ask/ask3.asp?id=7496&hide1=2&Next=&select1=*&select2=*&rad1=&dbegin=&mbegin=&ybegin=&dend=&mend=¥d=&rad2=MOF&idser=&wordser=ÇáßÑíÓãÓ

are telling not to do something like that just to be honest with them cause as Fatwa saying
how u are not beleive in Jesus as son of God and u congraltuate them with his birth ?

and if u congraltuate them so u cheating them cause u must be honest with what u beleive and how u deal with ppl

[This message has been edited by MohdAnwar (edited 18 November 2004).]

Posts: 435 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Salamalekum, dears,
Salam
Sara (notsomiserable...)

Sara wishing someone a "happy christmas" is not like celebrating it. Anyway here is a scholar say:
http://understanding-islam.com/related/text.asp?type=question&qid=1299

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
primak
Member # 494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for primak         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sarah, going through such extremes is very disturbing - we all wish everybody a happy christmas, some of my friends even have christmas trees...come on you are clearly going through a severe identity crisis, get out of it , call your parents and become normal..wishing a happy christmas to your parents will definitely not in any way take away paradise from you!
Posts: 1516 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Salamalekum, dears,
Salam
Sara (notsomiserable...)

you don't have to view it as a religious holiday - think of it as a family tradition with no religious significance.

why can't you wish someone a merry xmas? are your parents forcing their religion on you over the phone between you saying "merry" and "christmas"?

i wonder what you would think if you opened up your home to someone and invited them to iftar and they took this as you imposing your muslim beliefs on them.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MohdAnwar
Member # 5528

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MohdAnwar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Salamalekum, dears,
Salam
Sara (notsomiserable...)

if i am in your position i will call them before christams with one month or 15 days but i will not tell them happy christams but i will ask about their healthy and how they are and wish to them that god guide them to the right way without saying anything about christams as it is not any occasion but take care u must call them in another time not only this time cause god told us to obey them and be good with them in anything else they saying something not as god said and with that u called them in a time that not annoying from not calling and same time u didn't call them in christams

Posts: 435 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sokarya@hotmail.com
Member # 5853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sokarya@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Sara the Miserable. There is not the slightest reason why you cannot celebrate Christmas and be a Moslem at the same time. If people tell you this is wrong, then they are ignorant and intolerant. If you believe in the one God then believe in the one God, and those that tell you that you are wrong are limiting God to their own conjecture and turning God into an idol. Knowing God is to know yourself and not to be trapped into religious intolerant dogmas. Hope this helps. Your friend Charlie the happy!
Posts: 431 | From: luxor egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiN_iNN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why don't u call and wish happy new calender year instead.
You could pray and ask GOD to forgive u,If that's worng.
Plus GOD goes by intentions.Loving your family is a good one.

Thats my personal opinion,Am not religion expert.Go and ask expert.

Posts: 140 | From: Cairo | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man this is weird. According to my relatives in Misr, they celebrate Christmas much like we do, only difference is the kids get the gifts.

Muslims don't believe in the resurrection of Christ. But believe in his birth is a specail occasion.

I even know some Gulf Arabs who who couldn't fathom not celebrating Christmas every year.

I look forward to Alex at Christmas or possibly in the town where my husband's family reside. People go from home to home eating, celebrating, exchanging gifts with their Christian neighbors. If they didn't they wouldn't be a good Egyptian. Yet of course my husbands neighborhood is more middle class and more proNassarist than others.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:

i wonder what you would think if you opened up your home to someone and invited them to iftar and they took this as you imposing your muslim beliefs on them.

Good example. I wish Muslims a happy ramadan, a blessed eid and so on, and I mean it. It doesn't mean I automatically share all of their beliefs.

By wishing your parents a merry christmas you simply acknowledge that it's a somehow important and festive day for them - for whatever reason. In a way you show them your love and respect which is something Islam asks you to do anyway.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara the miserable
Member # 5571

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Sara the miserable     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hodaifa:
aleykumes selam
ok sara insaallah you will win cennetullah.

maybe you must tell with your parents

how did you find islam???

mabrooooukkk congralations

Salamalekum, Hodaifa,
alhamdulillah I became a moslem by myself . In the past I was known by Tv interviews and newspapers; I was proud, but never happy. There was a black whole in myself and I always dreamed the same strange dream : I tryed to walk, but didn't move. So, I began to search. I took from the library a germantranslated Koran for 4 weeks, but there was many questions open, because one page describes a subject soandso and in another page differend. So I found a Telefonnumber of the nearest mosque (Mannheim) and asked them everything. I learned also, that you must not explain the koran by yourself, it needs the hadith, or the human does a big mistake, can understand many things wrong. So, after about another month I decided to become a moslem. Alhamdulillah. My mother always came with me to the mosque, we covered our hair inside the mosque. But her heart is still closed, she cannot believe there is really a god, because many bad things happen on earth. She always keeps asking me: and now, look at all this killing and suffering, look at yourself, now tel me where is your god...?
"It's an examination" does not answer her question. I am so sad and I ask in every 5 prayers for help;Since my husband learned me to do so(since about ten years).
And my father was always proud to walk beside me - now I am complitely covered. When they visit me in egypt and walk with me in the street, then I feel, that my father feels shame and unsafe.
My knowledge about the humanbe makes me much problems; I call it my privatwarexamination.
And I ask Allah to help all humans, to give them strongness in the right way and a open mind to be ready to understand the real islam-what means PEACE.
Salam
Sara

Posts: 83 | From: Zahraa El Maadi, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara the miserable
Member # 5571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sara the miserable     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sara
quote:
Originally posted by MohdAnwar:
i am afraid most or Fatwa i saw up to now like http://www.al-eman .com/Ask/ask3.asp?id=15270&hide1=2&Next=&select1=*&select2=*&rad1=&dbegin=&mbegin=&ybegin=&dend=&mend=¥d=&rad2=MOF&idser=&wordser=ÇáßÑíÓãÓ
and http://www.al-eman. com/Ask/ask3.asp?id=7496&hide1=2&Next=&select1=*&select2=*&rad1=&dbegin=&mbegin=&ybegin=&dend=&mend=¥d=&rad2=MOF&idser=&wordser=ÇáßÑíÓãÓ

are telling not to do something like that just to be honest with them cause as Fatwa saying
how u are not beleive in Jesus as son of God and u congraltuate them with his birth ?

and if u congraltuate them so u cheating them cause u must be honest with what u beleive and how u deal with ppl

Salamalekum, M.,
I am so sorry, but your advices are in arabic. Alhamdulillah. Allah give you million hassana netherless.
Salam
Sara

Sara the miserable
Member # 5571

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sara the miserable     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troubles101:
Sara wishing someone a "happy christmas" is not like celebrating it. Anyway here is a scholar say:
http://understanding-islam.com/related/text.asp?type=question&qid=1299

Thanks a lot, T.
this page is in english and very helpful. I desided to post my question there, but they let me know that their day is full. I will try tomorrow, inschaallah.
Salam
Sara

Sara the miserable
Member # 5571

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by primak:
Sarah, going through such extremes is very disturbing - we all wish everybody a happy christmas, some of my friends even have christmas trees...come on you are clearly going through a severe identity crisis, get out of it , call your parents and become normal..wishing a happy christmas to your parents will definitely not in any way take away paradise from you!

Salamalekum to you,
you have to know, that it is maybe not a extrem, somethings we call it little can put us in hell, even keeping others peeple needle. Only Allah knows, of course.
And I heard that, if you do like other believes, then you will 'WAKE UP' with them in the 'big day' and be punished like them.
So, it is maybe not an extreme. Only Allah knows.
Thanks again
Sara

Sara the miserable
Member # 5571

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
you don't have to view it as a religious holiday - think of it as a family tradition with no religious significance.

why can't you wish someone a merry xmas? are your parents forcing their religion on you over the phone between you saying "merry" and "christmas"?

Salamalekum,
it's really right. May I should differend between 'celebrating' and 'how are you on this day'?
Thanks so much to you
Sara

Sara the miserable
Member # 5571

Rate Member
quote:
if i am in your position i will call them before christams with one month or 15 days but i will not tell them happy christams but i will ask about their healthy and how they are and wish to them that god guide them to the right way without saying anything about christams as it is not any occasion but take care u must call them in another time not only this time cause god told us to obey them and be good with them in anything else they saying something not as god said and with that u called them in a time that not annoying from not calling and same time u didn't call them in christams

Good idea, alhamdulillah !

Sara the miserable
Member # 5571

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by sokarya@hotmail.com:
Hello Sara the Miserable. There is not the slightest reason why you cannot celebrate Christmas and be a Moslem at the same time. If people tell you this is wrong, then they are ignorant and intolerant. If you believe in the one God then believe in the one God, and those that tell you that you are wrong are limiting God to their own conjecture and turning God into an idol. Knowing God is to know yourself and not to be trapped into religious intolerant dogmas. Hope this helps. Your friend Charlie the happy!

Salamalekum Charly,
Of course, our one and same god cannot be our idol, but prophet jesus was and the latest prophet mohammed should be an idol. People changed the messages of jesus, now it's mohammeds turn and god made it unchangeable until the big day.
And we have to be aware of that god is NOT TOLERANT for some mistakes. God can be notforgiving if we are doing mistakes and we know that we are doing wrong.
Please charly, you studyed theologie; please, in your freetime try to read a islamic book which is written by a moslem, not by believers of the church. And read about the evidence of science in the koran; you will be surprised.
Thanks again and a lot for your reply.
Salam
Sara

akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Britian loas of cards sold around Christmas time carry the message compliments of the season.

So what is the harm in wishing your parents that you are not saying anything about religious beliefs merely acknowledging the is is a special time of year when people think about families and you are thinking about yours. The prophet was also very keen to have people show respect to their parents and this is one way you could do so

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara the miserable
Member # 5571

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by SiN_iNN:
Why don't u call and wish happy new calender year instead.
You could pray and ask GOD to forgive u,If that's worng.
Plus GOD goes by intentions.Loving your family is a good one.

Thats my personal opinion,Am not religion expert.Go and ask expert.

Salamalekum,
I think the 'new calender' makes the same problem...? If we try to move to god he can forgive us, but if we know that we are already doing wrong with desire.......? I don't know really.
By the way, in my mind you are an expert, because you think in Allah.
Thanks
Salam
Sara

primak
Member # 494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for primak         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by primak:
[b]Sarah, going through such extremes is very disturbing - we all wish everybody a happy christmas, some of my friends even have christmas trees...come on you are clearly going through a severe identity crisis, get out of it , call your parents and become normal..wishing a happy christmas to your parents will definitely not in any way take away paradise from you!

Salamalekum to you,
you have to know, that it is maybe not a extrem, somethings we call it little can put us in hell, even keeping others peeple needle. Only Allah knows, of course.
And I heard that, if you do like other believes, then you will 'WAKE UP' with them in the 'big day' and be punished like them.
So, it is maybe not an extreme. Only Allah knows.
Thanks again
Sara

[/B][/QUOTE]
Allah is merciful, Allah is compassionate, Allah is not waiting for you to make a mistake and shove you into inferno ...
You seem to have misunderstood Islam - in my
personal opinion -
Allah seems to be there to punish you all the time ? you describe yourself unconsciously as "miserable" and have this
punitive image of Islam all the way ; don't you think you have a personal problem that should be analysed by experts?
Allah is good , Allah forgives, Allah is not the tyrant you seem to want him to be..
You should seek help Sara and discover the beauty and kindness in Islam- You should realize that life has been given to you to enjoy and not to suffer.
Why are you crucifying yourself?

Posts: 1516 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nike
Member # 5843

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Nike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Sara,

I think that Primak is right!
The most important in life is to be good people with plenty of love in our hearts. We should love all our friends and family and life!
Would there be a sense if Allah punished you for making your parents happy???!!!

My daddy is a strict atheist, since he was seven and a pedophile priest was trying to get closer to him. Will he go to hell? He is the best man I know in the World!!!

Nike

Posts: 207 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assalamu alaykum Sara!

Can I suggest that if you have questions about your personal practice of your religion that it would be better to consult the scholars of the religion rather than here. People on the forum will answer you according to their own personal belief system, not necessarily yours. These are some answers to your question from an English fatawa site, I am sure if you check around you will find a similar German one:
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=947&dgn=4
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=1130&dgn=4
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=11650&dgn=4
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=7856&dgn=4

[This message has been edited by newcomer (edited 18 November 2004).]

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Sara, you should love your parents no matter what they believe in or not including making a phone call on Christmas to them.

Remember, there was a time when you used to celebrate Christmas? Remember the nice decorated windows and the Christmas tree in your family's living-room? Baking cookies, having a wonderful family dinner and hoping for a nice present from Santa Claus?

Your parents love you and respect your beliefs..... just try to meet them halfway.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asiaq
Member # 4323

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for asiaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by asiaq (edited 24 November 2004).]

Posts: 363 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Salamalekum, dears,
Salam
Sara (notsomiserable...)

I am a Muslim and my whole family is Muslim and WE celebrate xmas. I know I know, a lot of people will tell you it's a sin and stuff and start quoting ahadith that are bogus and unfounded. All I know is as a Muslim I believe in Jesus as a human and a prophet and if anyone is celebrating his bday, so will I! And if those celebrating his bday think he was God or something that's their problem, but it doesn't mean they can't buy me a gift if they wanna.

Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am Muslim, my kids and family are not. They wish me Happy Ramadan and Happy Eid and I also wish them Happy Christmas and do the family and present stuff with them. When I was christian I always celebrated it as the birth of Jesus, not the birth of GOD as I never ever believed Jesus was God anyway.

Family is a very important thing in Islam and mine are christian (our closest cousins in Islam)Wishing them Happy Christmas does not make me a hypocrite or a believer that Jesus was God, same as them wishing me Happy Eid does not make them Muslim. It makes us tollerant of each others religion. lakum deenukum wa liya deen (my arabic is not good) to you your religion to me mine

So a Very Happy Christmas to all christians

------------------
I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sokarya@hotmail.com
Member # 5853

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sokarya@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Sara, Hope you are well. I do of course read many books on the Koran, but I guess the ones you tend to read are for initiates and are written more for their literal understanding. The ones I read nowadays are allegorical to show the underlying and deeper meaning of the simple story-line rather much in the same way as the parables are for beginners in Christianity. It is all a question of knowledge and intellect, for some of the advanced hidden meanings are not understood by everyone and in the words of the greatest sheik who ever lived rely on Divine Intuition. If you find what I write about too advanced for you, then it is better you do not read it or you might confuse yourself. When I am talking about the Koran, I do not do so from a Christian perspective, and when I am writing about the Bible I do not do so from an Islamic perspective. Of course, there are comparisons to be made, and these are made clear at the time. But do feel free to ask any questions if you would like to know the deeper meaning. I should say that these are NOT my own personal opinions. All what I say is based on firm foundations and is all proveable, but as I say not everyone has the intellect to understand! All my best wishes. Charlie
Posts: 431 | From: luxor egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheMark
Member # 5541

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheMark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you wish a friend happy birthday, why you do that? not because it's YOUR birthday, YOU have nothing to celebrate on someone else's birthday, but simply you want to share the happiness of your friend. The same is for Xmas: if your parents are happy for the birth of Christ, saying happy Xmas is just sharing their happiness, no sin in this!
I don't believe in Allah, I don't celebrate Ramadan, but I learned how to say "Ramadan Karim", and I told this to all the muslim people I met, 'cause I knew that they were celebrating.
This, in my opinion, means being open-minded, which unfortunately seems to be a quality not present in some of the posters here.

Posts: 23 | From: Milan-Italy, living in Cairo | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sokarya@hotmail.com
Member # 5853

Rate Member
Hello the Mark! You are quite right. Islam is an all-embracing tolerant religion. I mean by that it tolerates all other religions so those that are posting here in such negative terms cant possibly be anything but Islamic by name and ego.
MohdAnwar
Member # 5528

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by sokarya@hotmail.com:
Hello Sara, Hope you are well. I do of course read many books on the Koran, but I guess the ones you tend to read are for initiates and are written more for their literal understanding. The ones I read nowadays are allegorical to show the underlying and deeper meaning of the simple story-line rather much in the same way as the parables are for beginners in Christianity. It is all a question of knowledge and intellect, for some of the advanced hidden meanings are not understood by everyone and in the words of the greatest sheik who ever lived rely on Divine Intuition. If you find what I write about too advanced for you, then it is better you do not read it or you might confuse yourself. When I am talking about the Koran, I do not do so from a Christian perspective, and when I am writing about the Bible I do not do so from an Islamic perspective. Of course, there are comparisons to be made, and these are made clear at the time. But do feel free to ask any questions if you would like to know the deeper meaning. I should say that these are NOT my own personal opinions. All what I say is based on firm foundations and is all proveable, but as I say not everyone has the intellect to understand! All my best wishes. Charlie

What i see u doing or what is your organization do is as the next example:-

if i say "I drink water cause i am thursthy"
so anyone will understand that i drink water
but with your way of thinking u do the next

I >> means the "digestive system"

drink >> means "operation that happend to supply something its name body with some elements it needs"

Water >> H2O >> 2 parts H = Hidrgoen >> 1 part O = Oxegen and each one is a nuclear and it have a nucler weight

cause >> a word in the English dictionary means beacuse

thursthy >> means a action happend when there is a lecage of water in the body and the body we already explained it before

so the overall meaning means

(digestive system -make an operation that happend to supply something its name body with some elements it needs - which are H2O and H2O is 2 parts H = Hidrgoen and 1 part O = Oxegen and each one is a nuclear and it have a nucler weight cause an action happend when there is a lecage of water in the body and the body we already explained it before)

so what we have at last nothing

the wise say don't need all this complication and god don't need all the complication u do

sorry to say that but what i see in your other post about something amazing is like that i can think and think in anything but in something will lead to something not astry.

if u read quran really there is a story of Bakara that god order jewish to sacrific to know the person who kill another one and they complicate the explanation of the cow with their hands so god told us a small versus if u understand it u will never use the meaning of Quran as u use

Alkamar - 17
[17] And We have indeed made the Qur-an easy to understand and remember: then is there any that will receive admonition?

so god didn't say we complicate the Quran see

Nike
Member # 5843

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Nike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May I tell you my idea about religion?

For me, "God" or "Allah" is not "someone" who would judge us, but rather "something" difficult to describe, and we are part of this something- or rather a part of us is part of this something.

So we need "Re-ligion", we need to find back to this source.

There are many different religions, but they have all the same target: the re-ligion.

Someone once asked a greek priest how many ways go to God. He answered with the question: How many people exist on Earth?
We all have to find back to ourselves to find inner peace.

The rules praised by religions exist already in our hearts (don t kill! Love your next as you love yourself- which is the problem of some politicians: they don t love themselves so they are making war )

Religion should help us on the way back, but as we are all "sons of God", finally we will all arrive their, no matter if we are muslims, christians, buddhists, atheists, pantheists or anything else.

We just have to listen to the very soft voice in our heart...

Kisses
Nike

Posts: 207 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MohdAnwar
Member # 5528

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Nike:
May I tell you my idea about religion?

"God" or "Allah"

sorry for this note but just to clarify something to all western people here
God = Allah or with another meaning can u tell me what is arabic translation for God even the arabian christains they saying allah for meaning of god so it is translation of god with arab language

Nike
Member # 5843

Rate Member
quote:
sorry for this note but just to clarify something to all western people here
God = Allah or with another meaning can u tell me what is arabic translation for God even the arabian christains they saying allah for meaning of god so it is translation of god with arab language

Ok
I really would like to learn arab!
Maybe when I finish with my studies...

MohdAnwar
Member # 5528

Rate Member
quote:
Ok
I really would like to learn arab!
Maybe when I finish with my studies...

another thing i would like to clarify and also it is comman with christians and musliums in Egypt suppose u taste something delcious or sweet or u saw something beautifull any Egyptian will said "Allah" and u can test with any Egyptian

Sara the miserable
Member # 5571

Rate Member
quote:
Dear Sara,

I think that Primak is right!
The most important in life is to be good people with plenty of love in our hearts. We should love all our friends and family and life!
Would there be a sense if Allah punished you for making your parents happy???!!!

My daddy is a strict atheist, since he was seven and a pedophile priest was trying to get closer to him. Will he go to hell? He is the best man I know in the World!!!

Nike

Salamalekum,
hope you are right and it sounds fine to me.
So my parents are atheist and for me the best and trustfulst people on earth.
Also Primak is right, netherless a little unblide...I really have much problems...not with myself, but with my pennyless life in egypt...
By the way I am trying to change my username, don't know how...I didn't know it will apper in public..
Salam and best wishes
Sara

Nike
Member # 5843

Rate Member
Dear Sara,

didn t it work to register again?
anyway, we all know that you aren t miserable

your pennyless life? Have you financial problems? I wish you best luck!!!

Nike

Sara the miserable
Member # 5571

Rate Member
Salamalekum, my dears,
Aesha, Tigerlily,Asiaq,N,usw.
right are you all in a special way.
I think a moslem should not celebrate christmas , birthday, etc, as a 'believerfeast', but, if we are too strong, then we can never come near to them and invite them to islam. And we should be careful with our family, especially parents, they deserve the best. If we wish them 'merry christmas', then we just do it for their sake, to make them feel easy and happy. If parents are upset, never they will be able to understand the other believe.
Am I wrong ?
Netherless, my parents are atheists, celebrating christmas because it is a familytogethercoming (I wished me I could be there, for their sake..)... Yes, I think I will phone them and wish them a merry christmas !!
Allah only knows, what's in our hearts, and he knows, why we are doing or saying something...!!!
And for charly, I hope, I am getting tonight the translated evidence for the Koran and against the christianity. I do not want to attache you, never, but I would like to show you the truth and that it DOESNOT need a big intellekt to understand a believe. In the german schools the teachers always answered religios questions with : Don't ask, just believe it.... This already made me not believe in the christianity when I was 6 !!!

Dears, buddys, I hope I didn't make you a big headache...
Salam
Sara

AnotherNewMember
Member # 5014

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnotherNewMember     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
I am Muslim, my kids and family are not. They wish me Happy Ramadan and Happy Eid and I also wish them Happy Christmas and do the family and present stuff with them. When I was christian I always celebrated it as the birth of Jesus, not the birth of GOD as I never ever believed Jesus was God anyway.

Family is a very important thing in Islam and mine are christian (our closest cousins in Islam)Wishing them Happy Christmas does not make me a hypocrite or a believer that Jesus was God, same as them wishing me Happy Eid does not make them Muslim. It makes us tollerant of each others religion. lakum deenukum wa liya deen (my arabic is not good) to you your religion to me mine

So a Very Happy Christmas to all christians

I agree Ayisha, there is nothing wrong with celebrating the birth of Jesus, even if just as a prophet (if not the son of God), as many muslims in the world celebrate the birth of the Prophet Mohammad--> Shahr al-Mawhid. My issue is I don't celebrate Christmas in the commercial way it has become. I wish all a merry Christmas, thankful for the birth of Jesus, but for those that don't believe Jesus was Christ (the savior) you could eliminate the Christ and just say Merry x-mas. Many advertisers in the US have just began saying Happy Hollidays, so as to not 'offend' any non believers, but still want them to buy their products. It's so commercialized it's ridiculous.

But over time it seems as though EID has become just as commercialized. I have muslim friends that felt they all had to go out and buy new clothes for EID.

Posts: 323 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sokarya@hotmail.com
Member # 5853

Rate Member
Thank you so much MohdAnwar for thinking of my digestive system and giving me so much useful information. I really cant think what to do with it all, but of courese you will know where all this eating and drinking ends up - - Charlie
germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for germansara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Dear Sara,

didn t it work to register again?
anyway, we all know that you aren t miserable

your pennyless life? Have you financial problems? I wish you best luck!!!

Nike

Salamalekum,
thanks for the flowers......

I got it ........I am not more the mis....

"germansara" sounds much better!?

Nike, I lost the payment of my injurence, because they decieved me with bringing a new law ( DEBEKA ).
My husband left the police, wanted make more money as a lawyer...her failed, wanted go back to police. They refused, because the 1 Year-deadline was over...I do not get any socialmoney or childrenmoney, because I live in egypt, So, in egypt, without money,
its simply......miserable...
My husband is now applying for a univerityplace in germany to get amechanicingenieur, inschaallah. But the answer (way) needs weeks.
Need DOAE. Don't know if it is better or not...?
But for the sake of my small children...
Salam
Best wishes
Sara

Posts: 909 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Sara on the name change.

All this talk of Christmas so early gets me down...it is bad enough that all the decorations are up in the shops already and the adverts on the TV.

Sara my husband is muslim and I would descibe myself as religiously in limbo. He always wishes me and the rest of my family Happy Christmas and also buys me a present. Just as I always give him my best wishes in Ramadam / Eid....Oh and he buys me an Eid present too

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AceSpade
Member # 3954

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AceSpade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best thing I love about being an Egyptian, is that we all used to greed ourselves in EVERY Islamic / Christian special days

I am a Muslim man lives with my family and our “Christian” neighbors did the following in this Ramadan:

They helped us decorating the entire building and lighting the lanterns
Invited us TWICE to have iftar in their place
And they baked us cookies for Eid el Fatr

And I am SURLEY will whish them a merry Xmas and I will help them decorate the tree

This is the Egyptian style of life since forever, and I certainly FEEL that we are subjected to an EVIL attack from other jealous nations who just can’t stand the intimate relationship between people in Egypt which doesn’t exist in any other country
And the attackers choose the Religions prospective knowing that it is a very short way to convince people, and what they want is to plant hate among Muslims & Christians by convincing them to DO or Not to DO things …which seems small but it counts A LOT

AND I AM ASKING THEM TO GO AWAY

By the way, I have Christian friends of mine who were asked to sign a memorandum (from a foreign organization) stating that Christians are maltreated from Muslims,…
they just tore it and threw it in the trash can .

What I am saying here that this is an alert for all Egyptian, we are attacked by a very malicious way, so ALL of us have to stand against it .

Egypt is the land of piece (as said in the Qura’n ) ; we don’t need this imported Fatwas
We are welcoming any thing that says we have to praise Allah in a healthy and peaceful environment

We were and we will be always blessed by Allah, for being peaceful and tolerant

Posts: 65 | From: Cairo | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asiaq
Member # 4323

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for asiaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 363 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asiaq
Member # 4323

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for asiaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by asiaq (edited 26 November 2004).]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
asiaq, beautiful pictures, where do you get all these from

------------------
I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germansara
Member # 5920

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for germansara     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 909 | From: Germany/Egypt | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asiaq
Member # 4323

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for asiaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by asiaq (edited 11 December 2004).]

asiaq
Member # 4323

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for asiaq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by germansara:

Yes you are

[This message has been edited by asiaq (edited 27 November 2004).]

Nike
Member # 5843

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Nike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hihi!!!

I think in some hours this poor angel will have a headache!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com