EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » My Egyptian Budget!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My Egyptian Budget!!
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by molly:
Expat, I'm sorry, I meant to say 'yous'

My MIL was an old B*tch, and if my husband reads this, too bad

I have a great deal of repect for Misr, I go there all the time

When I go to Misr, I like it a lot...but I have to let my inlaws bring up my daughter, bcs the IRS makes demands on my husband.

I am LEGALLY married, not like the other British sluts on ES, I just don't bring up my own daughter, bcs I want her to be brought up in Misr.

Nothing lovelier than a drunk lashing out.

How do you manage?

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
molly
Member # 6744

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for molly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do I manage what, sonomod? to bring up my own children, to have a marriage that's lasted for over 30 years, to have met people on the internet in real life, that I actually regard as friends?

Tell me, just out of interest........I know the first two don't apply to you, but how about the third one, have you ever actually met anyone from the internet? Has your online personality actually made anyone feel that they want to meet you in real life?

Posts: 52 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
How do I manage what, sonomod? to bring up my own children, to have a marriage that's lasted for over 30 years, to have met people on the internet in real life, that I actually regard as friends?

Tell me, just out of interest........I know the first two don't apply to you, but how about the third one, have you ever actually met anyone from the internet? Has your online personality actually made anyone feel that they want to meet you in real life?

I'll ignore your spat of myopia.

No I haven't met anyone from the internet. Probably won't. No interest to.

My online personality is sober, so naturally its not appealing. My online personality doesn't judge Misryan life and customs in regard to my western lifestyle.

My online personality hasn't every been to a touristy area. My online personality doesn't discuss provacative topics and expect members to play along in disregard to their deen.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
molly
Member # 6744

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for molly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:

My online personality doesn't discuss provacative topics and expect members to play along in disregard to their deen.

ooooooops, just pmsl again

Posts: 52 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
ooooooops, just pmsl again

Just that... has anyone made any statistics how many postings it takes on average for any topic to turn into the traditional "but she is bitch", "no SHE is" (or he)??
The moderators could then maybe automatically regulate it that each topic gets somehow "locked" immediately before that average.

goodnightie!! :)

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Moll top alpha female of Egy boards.

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's so funny...
I am not even going to respond to any of those attacks...

Posts: 432 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brian04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Primack,
Thanks for your phone call and your offer.
I will be in contact with you.

Salam,
Brian

Posts: 432 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
quote:
Okay Moll has hit her "English Moment".

Brian have you given thought to buying the actual furniture, kitchen stuff and electronics?

Are you going to eat out until your married?

If thats the case you will probably buy your electronics first.

Just wondering because I am now discussing these purchases with my in-laws.

Hi... I will have somebody check the apartment for me first.

Salam,
Brian

brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
quote:
Nothing lovelier than a drunk lashing out.

How do you manage?

Moll,
You know something.. i wasn't going to respond.. but hey what the hell.. it's only cyberspace... you post all the b.S. you want.. i don't care... cause sooner or later or it's going to splash in your face.
i didn't even mention you in this post... but yet here you are...

i guess we need an alph female on egy boards...

molly
Member # 6744

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by brian04:

i didn't even mention you in this post... but yet here you are...

[/B]

You didn't even mention me in this post? Big bloody deal......I never even knew you existed until you decided to chase me all over the internet with your attacks.

Pathetic creep.

brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
quote:

You didn't even mention me in this post? Big bloody deal......I never even knew you existed until you decided to chase me all over the internet with your attacks.

Pathetic creep.

Thank you for showing your true colors...
LOL

brian04
Member # 3553

Rate Member
quote:

Pathetic creep.

Forgot.. From now on I am totally ignoring you...

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

No I haven't met anyone from the internet. Probably won't. No interest to.

Good. We are even then. Anyone want to meet Sonomod? Brian even? Anyone at all, please speak up... I'd be very very interested to know if someone would bother.

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by primak:
:-) Good morning Debbie, habibti!

[img]http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/liebe/love-smiley-018.gif[/img]

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Debbie:
Good. We are even then. Anyone want to meet Sonomod? Brian even? Anyone at all, please speak up... I'd be very very interested to know if someone would bother.

Debbie why you even take this that seriously?

As I have been told, dealing with foreigners can be a real reputation breaker. Must be selective. But you deal in cash, I must deal in mores. Big difference

RetirementBitches
Member # 6332

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RetirementBitches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

i would like to meet sonomod...she certainly is more interesting than you've ever been or ever will be....

[This message has been edited by RetirementBitches (edited 02 March 2005).]

Posts: 67 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by RetirementBitches:

i would like to meet sonomod...she certainly is more interesting than you've ever been or ever will be....

[This message has been edited by RetirementBitches (edited 02 March 2005).]

Well I might be considerably more boring. No drugs, do liquor, no bars, no nightclubs, no touristy joints, no men. Must have permission or let me clarify my in-laws must understand where we are going and what we are doing to see if its socailly kosher.

Most likely will bring both sister-in-laws, 3 or 4 cousins, a neighbor or two and possibly a neice. That's how I travel or go out. It looks like the frickin middle-class mafia!

Yup I have a feeling I won't be making many foreign friends, but thats okay. Most of them couldn't refrain from activities that will harm my reputation. Reputation is everything if you are considered part of their society.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i personally would LOVE to meet sodomod
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Yup I have a feeling I won't be making many foreign friends, but thats okay. Most of them couldn't refrain from activities that will harm my reputation. Reputation is everything if you are considered part of their society.

You know ditching your daughter with your in-laws so you can go to America doesn't exactly win lots of brownie points in the reputation catagory.... or maybe if you are desperately in need of an education they can forgive it. Miss Holier than thou.... explain that one.

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by RetirementBitches:

OHHHHH...go for it then...with my best wishes. Your idea of "interesting" is quite unique. You probably would have liked MS back in the old days too. She was more "interesting" than me too. And then there is Louisa over on EM. She is more "interesting" than me too.

Issabellem
Member # 6837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Issabellem         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there --

I have a similar situation - I am Egyptian and my fiancee is Polish. I found a 2 bedroom furnished flat in Mohandessein furnished for 900 pounds..

it takes a little looking around -

but i agree - 6th October is realllly far. Look for something in Giza or even Haram - that will be closer

Best of Luck
Hams
issabellem@yahoo.com

quote:
Originally posted by brian04:
Hi everyone,
Well I am coming to Egypt in June to be with my girl who is Egyptian. But I am hangling over how much my budget should be.

Let me explain first, I plan to live in Cairo and live on the outside of the city in a place called 6th october city. My girl told me rent is pretty cheap. I can rent an apartment for 6 months for like or 1,500 LE more or Less. So when I arrive I will spend at least one month or two months to look for a suitalbe job. During this time we will get engaged. So my idea is about 9,000 LE for this time period. I am not exactly a rich guy.

Please let me know what you guys think who have been living in Egypt for a while.

Salam,
Brian

Posts: 29 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
You know ditching your daughter with your in-laws so you can go to America doesn't exactly win lots of brownie points in the reputation catagory.... or maybe if you are desperately in need of an education they can forgive it. Miss Holier than thou.... explain that one.

It wasn't an easy choice to make. I could divorce him and raise her single. But at the time I thought it would last 5 months top, then the regulations changed and I was stuck.

I'd prefer to spend a year apart than to raise her without a father. Brownie points for keeping a family together. And you are totally missing out on an opportunity to bash my husband for not being with her too. Yet I know how you love double standards, it keeps you warm at night once in a while.

Yet, I have feeling that since 'certian' members post in this fashion 'myopia', and reading back how you backed out of a Orfi marriage, I am guessing you hadn't had kids.

Sour grapes. Hey have you checked the expiration date on those eggs? Wasn't a Romanian woman delivered a baby at 67 recently? You got a few years left, why break her record?

strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
quote:
It wasn't an easy choice to make. I could divorce him and raise her single. But at the time I thought it would last 5 months top, then the regulations changed and I was stuck.

I'd prefer to spend a year apart than to raise her without a father. Brownie points for keeping a family together. And you are totally missing out on an opportunity to bash my husband for not being with her too. Yet I know how you love double standards, it keeps you warm at night once in a while.

Yet, I have feeling that since 'certian' members post in this fashion 'myopia', and reading back how you backed out of a Orfi marriage, I am guessing you hadn't had kids.

Sour grapes. Hey have you checked the expiration date on those eggs? Wasn't a Romanian woman delivered a baby at 67 recently? You got a few years left, why break her record?

WTF? Do you think I want children? You must have me confused with someone much younger lady.

molly
Member # 6744

Rate Member
quote:
WTF? Do you think I want children? You must have me confused with someone much younger lady.

LOOOOLLL, she got THAT wrong, Debbie

But then what's new?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com