EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Western women low class? Depends which way you look at it (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Western women low class? Depends which way you look at it
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by gigli:
Im not so sure about the blatant provocative sms and photos they send him plus they make it pretty obvious they want him. In a not so nice way. Ive never come across this!!

You know in group events it can easily become like hmm.. what do you call a soccer game where two countries compete against each other? Our country against their country! All logic goies lost there as well as original purpose , and it usually becomes just matter of winning or not winning.

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigli
Member # 7682

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said! Thats what I dont understand. these s are pretty, intelligent, form good families, educated, why do they hunt in this way? Is is because good men are far and few or?

quote:
Originally posted by nevermind:
When you feel so low and little the only solace you have is trying to make someone else feel even lower.

But honestly, why a great nation like Egyptians should have such problems with appreciating themselves.. I do not have clue what the reason(s) might be.

Posts: 458 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redmarrakesh
Member # 8201

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for redmarrakesh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Im absolutely furious at some of the simple-minded comments that has been made in regards to foreign women. Firstly not all foreigners are from the same country with the same culture. No i was not raised Muslim. But hey guess what. I was raised God fearing, self respecting and important I have respect for other people. I find Egyptians are very much more interested in other peoples mistakes than their own. Of course I am not generalizing here but people wake up, look at your own faults first before you judge others. All of us are sinners before God. Its for him to judge, not for people. As regards to Egyptian girls?! Not all are as respecting as they seem so maybe foreign judging girls have a look at your own back yard first.Ive been with my fiance for almost two years now. Im not a jealous person in the least and trust him with my life. I have however noticed that some, so called classy Egyptian girls have little respect for other peoples relationships or feelings. Is this because Im not Egyptian? Ive been harassed, my email hacked, my phone number gotten somehow, horrible emails sent to my friends, sneaky things to make me look guilty, other girls have met me chatted with me then proceeded to hunt my fiance in the most disrespectful way. I find it insulting. My fiance worked in the tourist industry and met many foreign girls who liked him a lot, but knowing he's enganged, proceeded to be only friends in a very respectful way. In my country girls might be less religious in general, but we have respect for relationships and other people's feelings. Further when I walk with him in the street, Im always dressed respectfully and behave myself as is fitted to Egyptian moral society, but find that girls stare at him in a sleazy, sexual manner and then give me dirty looks!!! What is this? So Masriya Girls if any of you are nice relationship respecting girls, I would really like ot hear from you and your opinion in regards to these girls.

Hi,
since you live in Egypt (as i realised ),you have to accept that unless you go everywhere with the company of a man ,you will be stared at and teased etc. Not all Egyptians think or talk disrespectfully to foreign women ,but many do unfortunately.A tourist wouldn't mind (you won't see them again will you) ,but if you live there you got to make the society around you treat you with the respect you deserve.
Some men also have the hypocritical mentality that its ok for them to go meet girls ,even sleep with them (foreign or egyptian girls it doesnt matter)..but if it was their sister..alas I dare not imagine.Thus,they feel threatened by western women who are not men's slaves and have free sexuality.So they act in a bad manner.
Double standards,I know .But you must deal with it.

Posts: 182 | From: greece | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scarlet water
Member # 8185

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for scarlet water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
am also foreigner,and face the same problems,at first i was really angry and upset.even once one of masreya girl said that my skin is "tooo white,like dead ppl" and i dont deserve my bf,he is too sweet for me am not the one who likes to insult ppl,am intelligent enuf,but excuse me,so why if am soo damn white guys r going crazy ab that point and never,i swear,never noone of my friend among guys have told me that i have any problems with skin,and another thing is if its not nice then why u egyptian girls r trying to do everything to make ur skin white,ha?
the problem is not about skin actually,this is only one point between millions.long time ago i heard ab arab girls that they r very jealous and envious,and am convinecd ab it myself now!ur problem is that u cant accept someone's beauty,but this is wrong.be smarter,respect others and u will get the same back!

Posts: 120 | From: egypt,cairo | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by scarlet water:
am also foreigner,and face the same problems,at first i was really angry and upset.even once one of masreya girl said that my skin is "tooo white,like dead ppl" and i dont deserve my bf,he is too sweet for me am not the one who likes to insult ppl,am intelligent enuf,but excuse me,so why if am soo damn white guys r going crazy ab that point and never,i swear,never noone of my friend among guys have told me that i have any problems with skin,and another thing is if its not nice then why u egyptian girls r trying to do everything to make ur skin white,ha?
the problem is not about skin actually,this is only one point between millions.long time ago i heard ab arab girls that they r very jealous and envious,and am convinecd ab it myself now!ur problem is that u cant accept someone's beauty,but this is wrong.be smarter,respect others and u will get the same back!

Girl I am white too, they used to call me snowwhite when I was little. but I am an arabic girl My mum has blond hair and skin white as porcelain. but she is an arab women too.
And the only thing I am envious about is how in Gods name could Shakespeare write soo many poems, plays and all that in his short life!! I wish I could do the same! makes me very very very envious of him!!

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

i'm sorry scarlet but you are a liar. egyptians are obsessed with white skin, its a symbol of beauty for most of us. even though the westners go crazy about the tan, egyptians think the whiter the better.
so you're a liar, liar, liar

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scarlet water
Member # 8185

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for scarlet water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7aya:
i'm sorry scarlet but you are a liar. egyptians are obsessed with white skin, its a symbol of beauty for most of us. even though the westners go crazy about the tan, egyptians think the whiter the better.
so you're a liar, liar, liar

am not lier at all,maybe u missed my point.am sure that egyptians r obsessed with white skin,but unfortunately they r soo jealous and envious about someone's advantages that they cant admit them.
think b4 calling someone a "lier".

Posts: 120 | From: egypt,cairo | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
am not lier at all,maybe u missed my point.am sure that egyptians r obsessed with white skin,but unfortunately they r soo jealous and envious about someone's advantages that they cant admit them.
think b4 calling someone a "lier".

you're right i'm not going to call you a liar, but i'm going to call you hateful!! there might be some egyptian women who were jealous of you, but that doesnt mean that all of them are. besides that are many foreign women who are jealous of egyptian women, and of each other. this is human nature.its very rude to call all egyptian women "soooo jealous and envious". maybe YOU should think before you speak.

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scarlet water
Member # 8185

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for scarlet water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7aya:
you're right i'm not going to call you a liar, but i'm going to call you hateful!! there might be some egyptian women who were jealous of you, but that doesnt mean that all of them are. besides that are many foreign women who are jealous of egyptian women, and of each other. this is human nature.its very rude to call all egyptian women "soooo jealous and envious". maybe YOU should think before you speak.

sorry to tell u but u r wrong again.am not hateful at all.am very kind and pieceful person.u dont know anything ab me,and u r so agressive,which actually shows me smth too.ok,if not all then most of them.and unfortunately this is not only my opinion.
u know if smb says smth bad,but true ab my country or ppl,i will agree,coz am not stupid or blind to prove to death things which r obvious.btw i have some good egyptian friends,they r nice girls

smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to smile.. not because i find what you are saying funny GIGI but becaue over the years my experiences in egypt and abroad.. When I married my husband I was almost 18.. very young very niave.. my Husband had come to the u.k to study.. we met and it was not love at first sight as we were friends at first... admiration grew and finaly we were inseperable... all well and good but I am from a very small community in the south west of england...each time he came to meet me the neighours all stared at him... my father ~god rest his soul~ gave me a very hard time so did my mum~god rest her soul~but you see they were village people and niave.. not ignorant just niave... They said it would never last... but here we are 38 years on still together our anniversary is on the 20th July ilhumduliallah.... when I came to egypt his family protectd me well.. his Mother took me into her heart and yes at times we had differences.. I had met her btw before we married so sort of knew her and the family....I was always treatd a little dfferently.. but well so was he when we were in my society... now no-one treats me differently at all.. or if they do I do not notice.. neither do I care.... when we were young we were walking on the corniche in alex... we had had a little fight as all couples do and he was walking just beside me... i remember this young lady called to him to at least hold my hand... as I was ~helwa~... she tried flirting with him and he just grinned and said.. I am with my helwa.. ohh i blushed.. and he held my hand and walked on...if you are being treated badly.. my dear just ignore it.. as long as you know you are not at fault.. why worry about the rest.. and if one person is juged because of the actions of many..then there is no wonder the world is in such a bad state.. my motto.."live and let live"
Posts: 230 | From: uk/U.A.E | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 7aya:
[b] you're right i'm not going to call you a liar, but i'm going to call you hateful!! there might be some egyptian women who were jealous of you, but that doesnt mean that all of them are. besides that are many foreign women who are jealous of egyptian women, and of each other. this is human nature.its very rude to call all egyptian women "soooo jealous and envious". maybe YOU should think before you speak.

sorry to tell u but u r wrong again.am not hateful at all.am very kind and pieceful person.u dont know anything ab me,and u r so agressive,which actually shows me smth too.ok,if not all then most of them.and unfortunately this is not only my opinion.
u know if smb says smth bad,but true ab my country or ppl,i will agree,coz am not stupid or blind to prove to death things which r obvious.btw i have some good egyptian friends,they r nice girls [/B][/QUOTE]

its not most of them even. and don't you show off with your egyptian friends. as if that makes up for your rude comment. kind and peacful people do not go around insulting people. and yes i am agressive because i am sick and tired of people judging my country and people.

Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder how forigners define "low class" and "High class" and even how Egyptians do...

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
on the height of the heels they wear? maybe?
Posts: 230 | From: uk/U.A.E | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by smiley:

Yes, that would be a start!

Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by smiley:

wont be very helpful to a man ?

I'm really curious I see people Egyptians and non Egyptians useing those words but never succeeded in knowing the standard by which those terms are applied. Is it the financial status or where you live or education or behaviour or all of that? but hwo can people get to know all that when they speak generally? ummm Can anyone help me classifying the poor specie me

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigli
Member # 7682

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troubles101:
wont be very helpful to a man ?

I'm really curious I see people Egyptians and non Egyptians useing those words but never succeeded in knowing the standard by which those terms are applied. Is it the financial status or where you live or education or behaviour or all of that? but hwo can people get to know all that when they speak generally? ummm Can anyone help me classifying the poor specie me

I would reckon it would be your morals that gives you your class, as people with money are not always classy.

Posts: 458 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for me the poor ones its the ones who lack the ability to live..
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigli
Member # 7682

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
for me the poor ones its the ones who lack the ability to live..

Sadly.
But what would you reckon defines class?

Shara
Member # 8289

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Shara   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I have been lucky that Ive not been subjected to the glares some of you ladies recieve. Im sure this is because I do not look as if Im from a western country. Ive been to several gulf countries and because of my dark hair and eyes I am always mistaken for arabic, weather Im with my husband or not. My husband always find it comical that waiters and store clerks will speak arabic to me for several minutes before they realize I do not understand half of what they say.
Posts: 16 | From: UAE | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiley
Member # 8255

Rate Member
funniest thing for me is to go to sharm..when we are out they think that my Husband is my tour guide or my gigilo... i keep very quiet for some time...until I hear them ask him where I am from and how much I pay him.... my husband whispers~uhoh~~ cos it is then that i tell them in arabic exactly who and what I am and to have respect.... a few times I have seen a guy almost reduced to tears apologising....as for being glared at... it has never bothered me as long as I do not glare back.. I merely walk on and mind my own business... low class high class itis not tattooed on peoples foreheads....it is in their actions in public...
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
Sadly.
But what would you reckon defines class?

Do you mean like "class" of people?
middle class? low class? and upper class?
I never belived in that.
I know that some ppl still divide ppl in classes. but to be honest with you that is ridiculous. what defines an upper class? Money? Honor? Reputation? Or Honesty? good heart? and loyalty?

I belive that so called classes doesnt exist, it was invented only for the need of belonging somewhere, specially in the old days when there were tribe wars, imperialism and nationality. Everybody seek for a group to belong to either it is a social group or a member club as f.ex the football clubs over in Egypt.

i still hope i understood your question right and answered it

gigli
Member # 7682

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
Do you mean like "class" of people?
middle class? low class? and upper class?
I never belived in that.
I know that some ppl still divide ppl in classes. but to be honest with you that is ridiculous. what defines an upper class? Money? Honor? Reputation? Or Honesty? good heart? and loyalty?

I belive that so called classes doesnt exist, it was invented only for the need of belonging somewhere, specially in the old days when there were tribe wars, imperialism and nationality. Everybody seek for a group to belong to either it is a social group or a member club as f.ex the football clubs over in Egypt.

i still hope i understood your question right and answered it

Yup!

BUT...I see class as defined by manners and behaviour,so would low class then not just be a term applied to someone who behaves in an innapropriate way, showing little respect or self-respect?

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I wonder how forigners define "low class" and "High class" and even how Egyptians do...

I find 90% of the time the way a person speaks will define what class they are from. I am not prejudice between classes but have to admit to very quickly pigeon holeing people within seconds of them speaking.
I can only do it within my own country of course.

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
I find 90% of the time the way a person speaks will define what class they are from. I am not prejudice between classes but have to admit to very quickly pigeon holeing people within seconds of them speaking.

The way they speak? is it about manners or accent?
I'm trying to understand the characters of a low class person and high class be it by Egyptian standard or western (british in your case)

In Egypt, before the revolution classes were much clear than now. High class were the richest, had titles, special villas or palaces, the way they dress (western like)was different from common people and they married between themselves. Then after revolution some of the common people became very rich and some of the high class lost their wealth and then some kind of mixed marriages happned. The rich low class trying to gain connection and status by such marriage while the high class trying to keep the life style they used to have by relying on the money of the low class person and this happned between low and middle and middle with hight. SO, RIGHT NOW it looks confusing and I don't know when an Egyptian here mention the word "low class" what exactly they mean but usually it's used to refer to people who don't live in areas like Maadi and zamalek yet those areas have many people who are seen as low class in the way they speak because accent matters as well. having an accent different from that of Alex or Cairo might get in the low class area no matter your education or wealth, the way you dressm matters the more westerner you get the more credits and so on...Still not clear

Troubles101
Member # 4543

quote:
Yup!

BUT...I see class as defined by manners and behaviour,so would low class then not just be a term applied to someone who behaves in an innapropriate way, showing little respect or self-respect?

This is a nice decent and good way to define things but I'm trying to be realisitic by understanding how those terms are truly applied. It's very common in Egypt to hear something like "Most Egyptians are middle to low class" that usually speak of financial status when used by government or in newspapers but when those same terms are used by people they seem to include other things with the financial status , like connections, kind of job, ancestors, people you mingle with, clubs you attend even your accent and words

Member # 8301

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am american women living in egypt and i feel the way u do alot of women give me looks that could kill and when i see them looking at me i smile and say hello to them and this just makes it worse all i can say is the ones that treat other women in this way are the ones with problem not us.

Posts: 72 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tonya Loves Mohamed
Member # 8634

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tonya Loves Mohamed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI I am sorry to hear what happened to you and your fiance. I am also engaged to an egyptian man. can we be friends? I have no one who understands me becuase i am an american and everyone wants to know WHY i love an egyptian man. no one can stop who they fall in love with?? right or wrong? please i need someone to talk to....i hope u can email me....thanks...tonya in USA
Posts: 4 | From: WV,USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
tonya, i'm egyptian, but if you need any support just email me at yasminefathy@hotmail.com
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:

I don't define class by how a person speaks, because if they are from the Southern States their speech is different from the Northern states and that creates loads of resentment.

No I define class by manners, consideration of others, by how open-minded they are, and their ethics.

Then you have the old standy of dress code, body language, cars they drive and people they know.

Sometimes you must take both the personality and superficial context into consideration.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The way they speak? is it about manners or accent?
I'm trying to understand the characters of a low class person and high class be it by Egyptian standard or western (british in your case)

In Egypt, before the revolution classes were much clear than now. High class were the richest, had titles, special villas or palaces, the way they dress (western like)was different from common people and they married between themselves. Then after revolution some of the common people became very rich and some of the high class lost their wealth and then some kind of mixed marriages happned. The rich low class trying to gain connection and status by such marriage while the high class trying to keep the life style they used to have by relying on the money of the low class person and this happned between low and middle and middle with hight. SO, RIGHT NOW it looks confusing and I don't know when an Egyptian here mention the word "low class" what exactly they mean but usually it's used to refer to people who don't live in areas like Maadi and zamalek yet those areas have many people who are seen as low class in the way they speak because accent matters as well. having an accent different from that of Alex or Cairo might get in the low class area no matter your education or wealth, the way you dressm matters the more westerner you get the more credits and so on...Still not clear

Still manners are everything, and often tourist don't understand a lick about 'Egyptian manners'.

Take for instance my experience: I could not say hello back to 'males' of any age, I cannot wave or smile to people I don't know.

It really took me about 6 days on the first trip to realize that 'friendliness' wasn't allowed as a woman married to an Egyptian. Took a toll on me and our marriage.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kafir4ever
Member # 8581

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kafir4ever   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Wall Street Journal: In Saudi Arabia, there is the concept of blood money. If a person has been killed or caused to die by another, the latter has to pay blood money or compensation, as follows:

100,000 riyals if the victim is a Muslim man

50,000 riyals if a Muslim woman

50,000 riyals if a Christian man

25,000 riyals if a Christian woman

6,666 riyals if a Hindu man

3,333 riyals if a Hindu woman
That is, a Muslim man's life is worth 33 times that of a Hindu woman

Posts: 249 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kafir4ever:

Keep in mind currency exchange rates!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
The Wall Street Journal: In Saudi Arabia, there is the concept of blood money. If a person has been killed or caused to die by another, the latter has to pay blood money or compensation, as follows:

Thanks for the info. very handy info.I am sure Buffy the vampire slayer will be interested in that info...

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:

Now Darling, did the KSA wahabist clerics get this idea from the Quran or elsewhere?

I'd really like to know.

kafir4ever
Member # 8581

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kafir4ever   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saudi Arabia is just practising pure Islam.

Sura #282
"O ye who believe! the law of equality is prescribed to you in cases of murder: the free for the free, the slave for the slave, the woman for the woman. But if any remission is made by the brother of the slain, then grant any reasonable demand, and compensate him with handsome gratitude, this is a concession and a Mercy from your Lord. After this whoever exceeds the limits shall be in grave penalty." http://www.wam.umd.edu/~stwright/rel/islam/Quran/2.html

This means
1.If a slave is killed by a free man, then the innocent slave of the killer free man has to be killed (who is not the killer)
2.If a female is killed by a male, then a female (probably owned by the killer male) has to be killed

Is there any way an apologist can defend this as the word of God? http://www.answering-christianity.com/laws_of_murder.htm

He did needed to specify a slave for a slave, a freeman for a freeman and a female for a female. He did not just say kill the one who kills another human being, because equality was a concept alien to Muhammad.

[This message has been edited by kafir4ever (edited 14 August 2005).]

Posts: 249 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com