EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » what if u become a presedent ???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what if u become a presedent ???
Mon_Savage
Member # 6971

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Mon_Savage   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
always i was asking my self what if anyone has the chance to become a presedent what is the first thing he is going to do ??? just this question comes to my brain in the current time and the things which is going to happened to egypt if Mubarak will FINALLY be kicked out ....

Posts: 211 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what is the one key thing that would start to make Egypt a better place.

If it was me I would look to economic reform and start with the banking system. There are so many capable individuals that would like to start their own business, but can't get that first foot on the ladder with a small loan to get them going. Was it the Morrocan government that gave a loan to every young person to get them started in life?

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I was President I would abolish Egyptian time. It drives me nuts that 5 minutes can mean anything from a nano second to three weeks later.
Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ViVaLaDiVa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LMAO akshar!!
If i was a president i would save the street animals and clean the city.it may sound a little childish maybe but it really makes me sad so much whenever i see all those homeless dogs and cats around trying to live their lives day by day..Then ,when i see them dead at the high ways,well thats terrible.
about the timing..it pisses me off also lots of times that i have an appointment with someone whos supposed to meet me at 4pm..ofcourse i have to count that she wont b there before 5 at least.and whenever i call her to ask where is she she is telling me all the same answers :Aww honey im on the bridge..or im in the tunnel.
If i was in my country sure i wouldnt wait at all coz immediately i would take it as a disrespect towards me.Anyhow,egypt is a funny place

Posts: 140 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If i was to become president....mmmm that would have been cool Lets see.
1. Would stop this propaganda where you have to have a pic of the president. No more pic of the president! only of the national landmarks of the country itself.
2. free spirit! That you can write and say whatever you like, on the newspaper on tv. abit of democracy
3. I would try to work on workers who still doesnt have any jobs. and see what oportunities we have to make them work.
4. focus on putting as many youngster in our universities as possible.. cause this will assure our future.
5. will also focus on exporting as much of our delicious grapes and clemintines and other fruits and vegetables to the other countries.
6. have an organised system over how many orphanage homes we have and how well they are working.
7. Make the ppl more aware of the diseases that are spreading in this country and how important hygiene is.
well yeah thats about it

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ladies, I do agree with you all, as animal lover, I would round the poor creature off the streets and put them at a safe clean place( my farm )

I would STOP people breeding like rabbits. I would give away a free cork to each woman to block it so they would have no excuse.

I would stop foreigners buying off our assets (sorry, Akshar) and make them cheaper for Egyptians to buy them.

I would plant trees and rose beds all over Cairo and elsewhere.

I would put a fountain and my statue in each cross raod.

I would clean off the grave yards and move their inhabitants very far away!

I would send back the Fellaheen and the Saiedis to their villages giving them plots to farm.

I would get rid of the name Arabic Republic of Egypt and regain EGYPT.

Oops, I forgot !! I would hang a huge picture/ poster of me on every available wall in the republic.

Peace.

[This message has been edited by salama (edited 21 May 2005).]

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ViVaLaDiVa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROTFL salama!
I would also decrease the taxes grr.
And would try to find a solution for the poor Orphans too.

Posts: 140 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for salama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ViVaLaDiVa:
[B]ROTFL salama!
I would also decrease the taxes grr.
And would try to find a solution for the poor Orphans too.

Correct, but one of the solutions regarding the orphans is to open the door for adoption.

Posts: 1873 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
Yes right!But here the traditions and the religion doesnt allow adoption the way its supposed to b (as i see it in europe).I meanok here u can adopt but u cant put the kid on ur name then he/she cant inherit after u.People are scared from adoption in egypt and they usually say ;whyshould i adopt i dont even have my owns..after she has her owns why should i adopt i have my own problems.I would really liketo knowthe reason adoption is such a taboo here.In my country its no unusual for a couple to adopt kids even tjough they may have 3-4 already ,but they r happy to help these abandoned littlekids.Marriage isnt a problem afterwards as people usually dont ^blame^the child for being thrown out to the street as here its almost impossible for a grl coming frm a good standard family to marry an orphan..Maybe the problem is also that here the governmenet is not helping the orphans in studying and so on..ermm this i really donno..In my country every orphan gets 10.000$ whn they reach 18 to start a life somehow and the government makes them finish at least highschool.And lets not forget Hungary is not a rich country.
Huggs

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would never want to become a president, too much politics, too much in the public eye, too much work, too much stress. Please vote for someone else.

But I would like to become a millionaire, I'd knew how to spend my money in a nice and relaxing way........

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
Mon,

The Prophet was adapting orphans. He himself was an orphan. The Quran has waned us from badly the orphan and promised us the Paradise if we treat orphans kindly.

Three years ago, my family and I decided to adapt three families (widows and orphans).
To start with, we were concerned about the financial implications, but then we gave to Allah wisdom.

Today, three years later, I can honestly tell you that our concerns had no basis. Allah has provided us with even more than we ever expected. Alhmdu Lilah.

For me, it was only a few sterling each month with which my new three families buy the schooling needs.

My sister told me, in many occasions that taking these kids to town to buy them cloths made her a different person.

My older brother is responsible for the Eid needs.

The greatest rewards and blessings for helping those kids and their families do not compare.

No, Mon. we have plenty of orphanages in Egypt. A fact that I did not know about till last year. Walking out of the train station into Ahmad Helmi, I found a little boy (8 yr.) sleeping under the burning sun. I tried to wake him up, but in vain.

A few hours later, I returned crossing the station into my Metro to realise that the kid still sitting there.

I asked him why he was not home? he replied that he came from Fayioum, escaping from father and his new wife. I asked around if any one knws that kid, but none did.

I took the kid to some shops in Shoubra street and I bought him a few things planning to take him to Fayioum, but no way.

He started to cry, and ran away. After many attempts and my promise not to take him back to his father, I started the horrible search for a nearby orphanage.

Taking Shobra street from Ahmad Helmi asking and resting here and there. There were many Chritian orphenages but was told it would not appropriate to take him there. The little boy was a moslem.

After two aching hours, I went to the mosque near al Sahil sq. to be advised about the Ladies orphanage nearby to where I have taken Tariq.
The Imam told me that they have to contact his family first as he is a minor, to take a permission to keep him in the orphanage, also with the police permission.

Before I left for England, I went back to Al Sahil Orphanage to be overwhelmed with the kindness of the people there who-despit being a women shelter-decided to take Tariq in and spoiling him to death-One of the mosque regulars was the primary headmaster, who decided to take tariq into his school.

Bint Musr, is well known orphanage that many people go to visit and donate or even just to help around.

salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tigerlily:

But I would like to become a millionaire, I'd knew how to spend my money in a nice and relaxing way........ .

LooL, Tiger..!

But if I became a millionaire, I would set up the biggest animal shelter in Egypt to accommodate all Egyptian stray cutie doggies and cats.
What would you spend your million in, Tiger?

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by salama:
[
What would you spend your million in, Tiger?

Hm, a million is not much, which currency anyway????

Well, I would buy a nice house down in Southern Germany (Munich area) for the family and settle down. Also I'd purchase a flat somewhere in Cairo to have a place to stay when we are coming for vacation. And I'd love to travel the world some more if the money was there and I'd knew my kids are well taken care off. My husband always tells me we will go to Russia, Kenia, on a cruise ship in the Carribian Sea when the kids are teenagers.

And I wish my husband's military days were already over. We have many plans, still 4.5 years more to go for........ we will make it.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 22 May 2005).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
[QUOTE]But if I became a millionaire, I would set up the biggest animal shelter in Egypt to accommodate all Egyptian stray cutie doggies and cats.

That's so kind of you, Salama. You'd definitely make a change to the horrible situation.

I lived for one year in the US, in a Southern States. I rescued, fostered also couple of dogs and we donated many times to various shelters. But actually it wasn't very useful. F. e. in the US people need to be educated, maybe even be pressured by laws, to sterilize their pets. There should be only a certain amount of breeding licences be available for all kind of dogs. I was shocked while living there.

We do also have problems here in Germany with stray and abandoned animals but its not in such huge amount. And we certainly don't euthanize whole litters of puppies or cats.

Please check out www.petfinder.com You will find various shelters and rescue organizations listed. Pictures of adoptable animals are available - most of them get put to sleep though.

The problem in Egypt are the strays because hardly any Egyptian household is owning cats or dogs. You can just try to control animal overpopulation by sterilizing. And you need many people who are interested in the welfare of animals and love to help. And you need money - of course.

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ViVaLaDiVa:
I meanok here u can adopt but u cant put the kid on ur name then he/she cant inherit after u.People are scared from adoption in egypt and they usually say ;whyshould i adopt i dont even have my owns..after she has her owns why should i adopt i have my own problems.I would really liketo knowthe reason adoption is such a taboo here.

Hi ViVaLaDiVa!

The difficulty is in the difference between what salama is talking about, i.e. sponsorship of a child, and fostering, and adoption. Islam allows the first two but not the last. With sponsorship you give money to help support a child, but someone else gives the daily care and makes the decisions about his/her life.

With fostering you take over the daily care of the child as well as giving financial support (unless you are in a country where the government will give you an allowance for this), but the child legally remains as the child of their parents if they are still alive and carries their name. If they are not alive the child still bears their name and maintains its legal relationships with any surviving members of their own family for reasons of inheritance, marriage, etc. He/she would not legally inherit from his/her foster family, unless they included him in their will. Islamically he/she would be able to marry any members of his foster family as they are not among the forbidden people for marriage, this also means that after puberty a girl would have to wear hijab in front of all the male members of the family and the females of the family would have to cover in front of a boy. They could also not be alone in the house with them.

This is all so unless the child has been breastfed before they were two years old by the foster mother, as this changes the legal relationship in Islam and they are then treated like one of the family in that they cannot marry anyone from the family and can therefore spend time as a member of the family with out hijab. But the child would still carry their family name and I think they would only inherit from their natural family (can someone confirm this?).

Adoption is different because with this a child takes the adoptive family’s name and is treated totally as a member of the family, inherits from them, and I think in the West they cannot marry them (not sure on that though). This was forbidden for Muslims in the time of the Prophet (peace be upon him) as he had originally freed his slave Zayd and adopted him when he was a child, but Allah revoked this:

“Allah has not …nor has He made those who you claim (to be your children) your children. This is but a saying of your mouths. But Allah says the truth and He shows the way. Proclaim their real parentage. That will be more equitable in the sight of Allah. And if you know not their fathers, then (they are) your brethren in the faith, and your clients. And there is no sin for you in the mistakes that you make unintentionally, but what your hearts purpose (that will be a sin for you). Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.” (Al-Ahzab: 4-5)

Lineage is very important in Islam and people should know what their blood line is; this helps to prevent any confusion as to whether a person is marrying someone they are legally not permitted to.

So you can see that unless a family could take a child under the age of two and breastfeed them, or if there are no members of the opposite sex in the family, it could create many problems having a fostered child in the family, which accounts for some people’s reluctance to foster and preference to sponsor a child.

There is also the sad fact that apparently many people have taken children in as foster children and have abused them, using them as free servants and treating them very badly, so although fostering is allowed here in Egypt, the requirements are quite tough to be able to get a child and I understand that they don’t allow a Muslim child to be adopted by non-Muslims or non-Egyptians.
Hope that explains a bit about the reluctance here.

[This message has been edited by newcomer (edited 22 May 2005).]

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a strange idea.

Now ignore the Presidential election completely. America's president is chosen by the Skull and Crossbones group, most of our presidents have been from that group or freemasons. I am sure there is some sort of private club within the 'Free Officiers Club' for that.

What must be kept in mind is the bureaucracy is no meritocracy and is far becoming one. Now that Saddam is out and blood money has run dry eventually the corruption pits within Egyptian governments will be much transparent. I hear of corruption being rutted out at a faster pace than ever. Side work within education department has been banned. Auditing is been done through the gauze of putting records online and any kind of paperwork being transmited for AID agencies and international communication is via electronic communication.

You can't tell if physical records have been tampered with, but you can tell if its electronic. Naturally Egypt is getting financial help paying for all of this and it is well worth it. Stadium sized storage buildings for records are being cleared out and with it loads of information long forgotten that will explain how corruption is easily hid.

I'd be more interested in internal changes.

Mubarak has huge pride in his country, he can't control everything. And nor is he a perfect person. A bloated bureaucracy is what is stiffling and because of it if anything is going to happen economically or in reference to justice better accountability of bureaucracy is what people should be focusing on.

We all know GWB is a figurehead for something much worse. Its the people behind him. And that is what people should focus on in terms of improving life in Egypt. The people who are able to keep corruption from coming to the surface and these same people don't want to be known or come in contact with the President of Egypt.

Flying below the radar is what corruption does best.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
newcomer thank u for ur respond
The fact is that i all understand these things,but maybe for me it wouldnt b enough just to donate money for an orphan monthly coz i would like him to b raised in a FAMILY.That is wht adoption would mean for me.Anyway i learned something while living here in Egypt..that i shouldnt ^judge^ anything with a westerner eye,even though sometimes my mouth is about to explode
The two culture is really so so different.
Take care

ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
Dear Tigerlily!
thank u so so so much for welcoming me
I was at home in hungary.Hope ur fine
By the way when will u b back to egypt?
Take care of urself please,Huggs

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if i had one million dollars..i would surely open a orphanage home one in egypt and one in Iraq too. and work my way up from there. maybe work on building a campaign working to help homeless those who have special needs like handicap,children, old ppl and divorced mothers. that would be my dream!
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Serendipity:
[B]if i had one million dollars..i would surely open a orphanage home one in egypt and one in Iraq too. and work my way up from there. maybe work on building a campaign working to help homeless those who have special needs like handicap,children, old ppl and divorced mothers. that would be my dream.!

It does not have to be a dream, I am ready to help you.

' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
always i was asking my self what if anyone has the chance to become a presedent what is the first thing he is going to do ???

-I would work VERY hard on solving poverty, because I believe that poverty is #1 factor that contributes to crime involvment, prostitution, abuse, and other problems all over the globe.
-I would make 2 years of College mandatory for all people.
-I would make a Course in "Logic" mandatory in elementary schools.
-I would fire every police officer or official who takes bribes and punish him with huge monetary penalty.
-I would impose financial penalties for distroying the nature or throwing garbage on the street.
-I would completely abolish FGM and increase the legal age of adult to 18.
-I would change the laws and abolish cruel and unusual punishments and replace it with some other forms of justice.
-I would make laws that every student will grade a professor and his income would depend on student's evaluations.
-Education for all, not just some.
-I would abolish poligamy in Egypt completely.
-I would make only 1 marriage legal and give equal rights for women to divorce.
-I would appoint female Judges and female Doctors, female Representatives everywhere including Politics.
-I would work VERY hard to prevent domestic abuse at home, and on the street or in public places.
- Same for all forms of sexual exploatation and abuse of children, and women in general.
-I would make every person to have free medical insurance.

I would probably read public forums and ask people what would they want and visit poor areas and see it myself. Etc.... President can do many changes if he wants.

[This message has been edited by ~Sharon Stone~ (edited 23 May 2005).]

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
[B]if i had one million dollars..i would surely open a orphanage home one in egypt and one in Iraq too. and work my way up from there. maybe work on building a campaign working to help homeless those who have special needs like handicap,children, old ppl and divorced mothers. that would be my dream.!

It does not have to be a dream, I am ready to help you.

i really want to do something about that..maybe we can do something here in ES maybe some of us here those who are interested can start step by step helping ppl. like start a small campaign or soemthing..what do you think Salama?

[This message has been edited by Serendipity (edited 23 May 2005).]

SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiN_iNN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
i really want to do something about that..maybe we can do something here in ES maybe some of us here those who are interested can start step by step helping ppl. like start a small campaign or soemthing..what do you think Salama?

[This message has been edited by Serendipity (edited 23 May 2005).]

If i became a president !

I would choose another president cause for sure I dun fit for that post

Posts: 140 | From: Cairo | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
salama
Member # 5941

Member Rated:
[B] i really want to do something about that..maybe we can do something here in ES maybe some of us here those who are interested can start step by step helping ppl. like start a small campaign or soemthing..what do you think Salama?

I am ready for action.

What do you think ladies? I am sure many of you have shown the intention and the willing to do good. Lets think of something to help in this aspect .

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Being Egypt's president must be a nightmare!

Read this:
http://1pissedarab.blogspot.com/2005/01/hosni-mubarak-interview-on-al-arabeya.html

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 23 May 2005).]

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Anyone else willing to join to try to help a bit?
SiN_iNN
Member # 5754

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiN_iNN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
Anyone else willing to join to try to help a bit?

Count me in

Posts: 140 | From: Cairo | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
so we are three for now...PEOPLE IS THERE ANYONE WILLING TO HELP! we can do something that wont take more than two to three hours a week...something to begin with!
ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
Count Me Too!I would like to help.
Maybe with salama we could also help for the animals .what do u think?

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big things can grow from many small steps, count me in too.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
thats really great! really good start here!
we can help animals too why not...poor animals...we can start step by step...I am just going to fix my home pc..so we can really do something about it..

ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
WoooooHoooo!
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Ok I just fixed my laptop...OK those who are interested in helping out..check the new topic that I just posted... I hope there will be lots of us who are willing to help I know many of us here are very busy with work and our homes and many other things..but you dont need to do a lot to help..just by giving ides of what we can do, or giving charity to some old things that you dont need anymore helps more than enough...
Mon_Savage
Member # 6971

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mon_Savage   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderfull !!!
Posts: 211 | From: Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com