EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Help with my arabic ;-)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help with my arabic ;-)
egyptfind
Member # 7388

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptfind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there!

I am studiying arabic (first level) and I have my speech/oral exam on monday...I just forgot how to say:

-"small,huge,nice and ugly" (referring to a city or a town, for example...)

-"Housewife"...in the sentence "my mother is a housewife..." Specially the endings of that Idafa;-)

Your help is so so appreciated, as soon as i see it written i will remember how my teacher told us;-)

Thanx a lot!!!!

Posts: 25 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ah_farrag
Member # 4717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ah_farrag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egyptfind:
Hi there!

I am studiying arabic (first level) and I have my speech/oral exam on monday...I just forgot how to say:

-"small,huge,nice and ugly" (referring to a city or a town, for example...)

-"Housewife"...in the sentence "my mother is a housewife..." Specially the endings of that Idafa;-)

Your help is so so appreciated, as soon as i see it written i will remember how my teacher told us;-)

Thanx a lot!!!!

Hello Egyptfind,

A- smal (sagheer) - Huge (dakhm) - Ugly (qabeeh)- Nice (lateef)

B - housewife (rabatBayt) or (rabatManzel)

Good Luck

Ahmed
(Arabic Private Tutor) http://arabic-private-tutor.faithweb.com

[This message has been edited by ah_farrag (edited 09 June 2005).]

Posts: 674 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptfind
Member # 7388

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptfind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shukran!!!

And how do you end thay rabat bayt? I mean...Rabatun beiti??(sorry for the spelling but i am studiying standard arabic, with those vocalic endings;-)

quote:
Originally posted by ah_farrag:
Hello Egyptfind,

A- smal (sagheer) - Huge (dakhm) - Ugly (qabeeh)- Nice (lateef)

B - housewife (rabatBayt) or (rabatManzel)

Good Luck

Ahmed
(Arabic Private Tutor) http://arabic-private-tutor.faithweb.com

Posts: 25 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ah_farrag
Member # 4717

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ah_farrag   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
Dont mention it.
You mean how would you say the phrase according to vowel marks....
Let's have an example
Ex: My mother is a housewife.
In Arabic (Modern Standerd)it would be
{Ummy Rabat(O) Bayte(N) }
The 1st word is ended by KASRAH
The 2nd is ended by DAMAH
The 3rd is ended by KASRAH with TASHDEED

Good Luck
Ahmed

Posts: 674 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FunnyGirl
Member # 7511

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FunnyGirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi ...

and what means "malak" ???

Posts: 7 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptfind
Member # 7388

Rate Member
shukran "again"!!! useful hints!
quote:
Hi
Dont mention it.
You mean how would you say the phrase according to vowel marks....
Let's have an example
Ex: My mother is a housewife.
In Arabic (Modern Standerd)it would be
{Ummy Rabat(O) Bayte(N) }
The 1st word is ended by KASRAH
The 2nd is ended by DAMAH
The 3rd is ended by KASRAH with TASHDEED

Good Luck
Ahmed

ah_farrag
Member # 4717

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by FunnyGirl:
Hi ...

and what means "malak" ???

Hi FunnyGirl
It seems like someone calls you (Enti Malak)
I guess......
It means you are an angel

G Luck
Ahmed.

egyro2005
Member # 7938

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyro2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, i want to write to my bf some nice words, so can someone help me.
I want to help me how to spell and write:"you mean life for me, and you are my precious gift"Thnks for help

Posts: 34 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philosopher
Member # 7965

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for philosopher   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egyro2005:
Hey, i want to write to my bf some nice words, so can someone help me.
I want to help me how to spell and write:"you mean life for me, and you are my precious gift"Thnks for help

*enta leya hayaty we enta aghla hedeyyah*

Posts: 5 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyro2005
Member # 7938

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyro2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for help, i just sent it to him and wait his reaction
quote:
Originally posted by philosopher:
*enta leya hayaty we enta aghla hedeyyah*

Posts: 34 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyro2005
Member # 7938

Rate Member
quote:
Thanks for help, i just sent it to him and wait his reaction

hey, again plz if someone could help me to write another messages to my egyptian bf, i want to make him happy because i could speak his language.
i want to know how i cant write to him: i dont know if you love me so much how i love you.You are my angel"Thanks for help

Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hi FunnyGirl
I guess......

But why wouldn't he use the female form?

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

i want to know how i cant write to him: i dont know if you love me so much how i love you.You are my angel"Thanks for help

yeeeeaaaauuukkkk!!!!!!
Just tell him.... ana andee felouz keteer!! he will love you forever!!

[This message has been edited by Samia (edited 12 June 2005).]

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
r_wood
Member # 7119

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for r_wood     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dalia:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ah_farrag:
[b] Hi FunnyGirl
I guess......

But why wouldn't he use the female form?

[/B][/QUOTE]

Hi Mr. Expert
I think you have a so long nose....
Robin

Posts: 45 | From: Miami, FL / Cairo, EG | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Samia please translate ana andee felouz keteer. Thanks!

Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
hey, again plz if someone could help me to write another messages to my egyptian bf, i want to make him happy because i could speak his language.

Be careful, since he got already once upset with you because you are chatting with other guys on the net....... he could have another chance to be jealous and question where you have all this vocabulary from.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
yeeeeaaaauuukkkk!!!!!!
Just tell him.... ana andee felouz keteer!! he will love you forever!!

[This message has been edited by Samia (edited 12 June 2005).]

Come on, Samia, be nice. Karla already had once problems before with her boyfriend because someone translated her beautiful words into something bad - and it hit her hard.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freeman
Member # 2671

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for freeman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by karla:
Samia please translate ana andee felouz keteer. Thanks!

hi Karla,
The Exact translation
for ana andy felous keteer
I have lots of money ( but the idea of saying this to a woman)
is I am broke and I want to marry you to spend your money on my girlfreind

Posts: 482 | From: EGYPT | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL.Thanks for explanation freeman

Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by r_wood:
Hi Mr. Expert
Robin

I don't get your comment - my question was serious. I noticed that some people always address me in the male form, my bauwab always does it, for example, and I'd really like to know the reason for that.

FYI - it's "such a long nose".

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
freeman
Member # 2671

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for freeman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by r_wood:
[b] Hi Mr. Expert
Robin

I don't get your comment - my question was serious. I noticed that some people always address me in the male form, my bauwab always does it, for example, and I'd really like to know the reason for that.

FYI - it's "such a long nose".

[/B][/QUOTE]

have you ever asked your self why he addressed to you in a male format

Posts: 482 | From: EGYPT | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by freeman:
have you ever asked your self why he addressed to you in a male format

LOL ... I was sure someone would make that kind of comment. But I can assure noone would ever mistake me for a man.

On a serious note - someone told me that whenever a khawaga shows up in an Egyptian movie or on TV he / she usually speaks very bad Arabic and only knows the male form of words, thus many people assume that's the way to address a foreigner. That's a reasonable explanation but I'm wondering if there are any other reasons ...

Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by freeman:
[b] have you ever asked your self why he addressed to you in a male format

LOL ... I was sure someone would make that kind of comment. But I can assure noone would ever mistake me for a man.

On a serious note - someone told me that whenever a khawaga shows up in an Egyptian movie or on TV he / she usually speaks very bad Arabic and only knows the male form of words, thus many people assume that's the way to address a foreigner. That's a reasonable explanation but I'm wondering if there are any other reasons ...

[/B][/QUOTE]

Addressing a woman in the male form happen in Egypt specially in love talk, flirting and songs as for male form with forigners, I guess some Egyptians may find male form will be easier to understand. In Egyptian movie usually the western women speak in female form even to men, and this has some truth between those who can't make the distinction ,they address both women and men in the same way they are addressed by a

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptfind
Member # 7388

Rate Member
My god what a mess!!!
That's why arabic seems so difficult for me???
I wanted to go to any arabis speaking cuntry to learn good the language, which are your preferenes referring to hearing and learning a the most stantard arabic (I amb an spanish native speaker...;-)

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com