EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » How should I dress in Egypt??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How should I dress in Egypt??
hannah_dad
Member # 8433

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hannah_dad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

HI, I'm a spanish girl who's going to work for a year with an internship in Cairo. I don't know a lot of your culture and I'm wondering what kind of rules do I have to follow when I arrive: can I wear short sleeves or t-shirts? how about the length on my skirts?
I'm used to live with muslims in Spain but I'm not very sure they are going to be so tolerant in Egypt...
Thanks

Posts: 2 | From: Madrid, Spain | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the street, cover yourself as much as possible. Mainly to survive those assholes, scumbags, trash of the earth that have nothing to do but bug women, and they lie on every corner like amoeba.

What I do is wear a long wide shirt on my clothes until I reach my destination. Then I take it off.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 3491

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah those pervy ones are a damn nuisance!!! I just wear really conservative clothes which are mostly around 3 to 6 sizes too big for me. That way i can keep cool, hide everything from view, figurewise. And look like a sack of potatoes!!! lol
Posts: 461 | From: Kelantan, Malaysia | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
strangelookingnegro
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for strangelookingnegro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Egypt.

Just use your head and just remember to be conservative. No bare shoulders, no bare breasts or cleavage, no bare tummies or thighs, and you'll be fine. You can dress nicely without going nuts. Remember to look for clothes that are mostly natural fibers, and remember that winters are chilly. You will want clothes for all seasons. Warm sweaters, turtlenecks and leather jackets are used here in winter.

You will figure it out by watching your neighbors, co-workers and friends.
www.casualcairodetours.pyramids.net

Posts: 3246 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com