EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Caught in the middle

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Caught in the middle
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been thinking why is it that we always concentrate in beginnings and endings of things rather than what really matters...The MIDDLE!

I mean generally speaking, in a fight, a relationship, race...etc. We tend to always analyse things based on reasons and consequences, though the middles are what deserve attn.
It's only in the middle that we cant go back. Ends and beginnings can be postponed or even denied..

It's the middle that matters!! I hope this thought helps anyone to start his day concentrating on what we actually started..the middle, what we really have.

[This message has been edited by ngeg (edited 21 August 2005).]

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
U r very wise honey…YEAH, it’s true, for those who r troublemakers, they concentrate in that trivial detail which sounds like bullshit, and the most important thing is nothing 2 them…
Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lonely
Member # 8661

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lonely     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because alawys the end that count,

for example if we are talking about any relationship that it is ended. we start by thinking how it starts and then jump to the miserable end . if we think about the middle how wonderful it was and how we were enjoying doing this and that ...., we are often hurting ourselves, because it doesnt end as we wish

May be i am wrong

quote:
Originally posted by ngeg:
I have been thinking why is it that we always concentrate in beginnings and endings of things rather than what really matters...The MIDDLE!

I mean generally speaking, in a fight, a relationship, race...etc. We tend to always analyse things based on reasons and consequences, though the middles are what deserve attn.
It's only in the middle that we cant go back. Ends and beginnings can be postponed or even denied..

It's the middle that matters!! I hope this thought helps anyone to start his day concentrating on what we actually started..the middle, what we really have.

Posts: 115 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Show Time     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Well we always think mainly in the begining of any thing we are going through, in the middle ,It is time when we are trying to fix or sustain our situation and when we fail in that it is just the end which is the result of the second process( the middle); And the circle goes on.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Real life
Member # 7982

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Real life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

So true and that is how I am looking on 'the journey'.
Even if things don't work out with my man once we meet up again - I've had a fantastic 3 months of being 'loved up', lost 12kg without effort (after years of trying) and everyone I know says I've been so happy and much more fun, and I'm doing things I would never have dreamed of even 6 months ago (not just in relation to him and Egypt!)
He has bought such happiness into my life that even if we break up I will treasure it forever

Posts: 148 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Catlover:It's a very good method to work on the middles really, to be grateful for what u have and work on keeping yr happiness regardless of the fear of ends..enjoy yr relationship.

Sam on line: you got my point, it's useless to move in a circle that way! And is it possible to grasp middles before ends come?

Lonely: Why talk abt ended realtionship, the whole point is talking, thinking acting and working on it while it's in the middle..and the end could be potponed or denied!

Ya Asoom: It's not wise, it's a mistake i do in my daily life and for a second thought to stop and think..

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
agree with you ngeg, but at the same time disagree.
I agree sometimes, instead of getting grumpy or depressed of what has happened in your life, you should see the good things you learned on the way.
but sometimes, its good to see the consequense, some ppl get too blind when they are in the middle, like youre topics name gets "caught in the middle" that you forget what may the consequenses of your actions can be, cause you may not only turn up hurting yourself, but people around you too. so its better to look the whole picture, The beginning, the middle and the end. it will balance it all.
if you concentrate on one of these, you will end up forgetting something, it can be, why you started the journey, or the teachings you learned, or the consequenses.

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Show Time
Member # 8513

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Show Time     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Catlover:It's a very good method to work on the middles really, to be grateful for what u have and work on keeping yr happiness regardless of the fear of ends..enjoy yr relationship.

Sam on line: you got my point, it's useless to move in a circle that way! And is it possible to grasp middles before ends come?

Lonely: Why talk abt ended realtionship, the whole point is talking, thinking acting and working on it while it's in the middle..and the end could be potponed or denied!

Ya Asoom: It's not wise, it's a mistake i do in my daily life and for a second thought to stop and think..

one can never be in the middle , the middle is always an introduction for a new start, cross roads, and what ever road you choose is a way for an end and a new start as well.
It is never possible to hold what we have,and keep life in a strait line,it is never strait line; cause we are not the only master players.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is highly commendable to apply the brain analytical function before getting involved in any kind of relationship, but overdoing it by visions of doom each time is killing the joy of life and even ceasing to live years before our official funeral day. I strongly believe in the magical power of 'aurea mediocritas': the golden worth of 'the middle', but applying it in real life calls for a high level of our spiritual development and sometimes may seem a bit overwhelming. Which, of course, should not discourage us from trying! InshaAllah, we will all understand the need of peaceful cooperation of all human beings: it is not a question of quality of life any more, it is a question of our global survival.
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com