EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Reality TV

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Reality TV
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How far are you with or against reality TV?

I have a feeling that all we got out of this revolutionary idea is getting used to invading other's privacy-especially if the audience are kids and teenagers.

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ngeg:

I have a feeling that all we got out of this revolutionary idea is getting used to invading other's privacy-especially if the audience are kids and teenagers.

i don't have TV, i watch it only at the shop window on my way back home!
Posts: 956 | From: nowhere | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought all Middle/Upper class Egyptians own TV?
[Confused]

--------------------
--
here...
[url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0955020700/qid%3D1133898517/026-7853042-0414807= Recommended...![/url]

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kamal211:
I thought all Middle/Upper class Egyptians own TV?
[Confused]

uh, that's where the confusion came from, i'm actually lower class!
Posts: 956 | From: nowhere | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Reality TV is total crap!! It gives the tabloids here something to rave about though, pages and pages of trash (and people really fall for it, so sad) - are they following suit yet in Egypt?

Big Brother is the perfect example of such nonsense!!I just read that apparently, thinking Big Brother is a load of crap means you are a culturally constipated snob who hates the human race in general and the working class ... LOL [Smile]

Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reality tv is BS! its so popular in Norway. but its sick.. all they seem to do is to have sex!!
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Farhana:
I think Reality TV is total crap!! It gives the tabloids here something to rave about though, pages and pages of trash (and people really fall for it, so sad)

Now they even have message boards for star academy!! and ppl actually spend their time on these message boards discussing the latest updates on who's with who, who's cool..etc!
Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
Reality tv is BS! its so popular in Norway. but its sick.. all they seem to do is to have sex!!

I agree, but in the Arab version they do get married in the end!
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Farhana:
I think Reality TV is total crap!! It gives the tabloids here something to rave about though, pages and pages of trash (and people really fall for it, so sad) - are they following suit yet in Egypt?

Big Brother is the perfect example of such nonsense!!I just read that apparently, thinking Big Brother is a load of crap means you are a culturally constipated snob who hates the human race in general and the working class ... LOL [Smile]

about a year ago before the last 2 channels reception when out (FOX 9&29), I watched Simpson's, That 70's Show, and Malcolm in the Middle about 4 times a week because that was the only channels I got!

I would turn in for the finals of those reality shows, "My fat big obnixous fiance" and naturally "Joe Millionaire".

I mean come on, if you hate reality shows, its very nice to see the object of the spoof, trick be massively flabergasted.

It was great, and you don't need to see the whole series to understand the final show.

Now I don't get squat for reception. No TV. [Mad]

But I would love to see that reality show "Mariam" which was on the GB tele about Mariam being a very convincing transexual. I really need to see that. No way that could be aired in America.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by misfit:

What are you, Amish? [Big Grin]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

i wrote an article about that a couple of years ago, when star academy's mohamed atia won. i was in the airport, i coudln't believe the thousands of people who went to meet him. and i couldn't believe the chaos, people running, stepping on each other, and fainting. i can't believe how airheaded some people are.
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeepinItReal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
quote:
Originally posted by misfit:

What are you, Amish? [Big Grin]
LOL, Amish!!! That was funny! I wonder if he speaks Pennsylvania Dutch too. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1063 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amish? Because one might not watch TV!! I think NOT...
Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
I think the only acceptable reality tv show is The apprentice..I realllllllllllllly like it. I think it's motivating just to watch it.

--------------------
Same crap...Different toilet

AceSpade
Member # 3954

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AceSpade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you believe how sick they reached..

there is a show called "who's your daddy?"
in which they get an adopted boy/girl and ask them to guess who is his/her bio-father amongst many same looking men!

Posts: 65 | From: Cairo | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeepinItReal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FINE! [Embarrassed] Here I will admit it.......I watch Survivor, I love that show and I watch it every season. I also enjoyed the show Amish in the City....it was excellent(wish they would have another season). The Apprentice I watched the first 2 seasons but even the second season I couldn't get in to(loved first season)....so I'm done with that. I also thought the show Hells Kitchen was great! I will also admit I watched Beauty and the Geek(this one embarasses me).......it was just alright and only tuned in here and there. So there you have it. I am guilty........ [Frown]
Posts: 1063 | From: Oregon | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leila
Member # 8539

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leila     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After KeepinItReals confession i will also come out of the closet.. i admit i actually like some reality tv shows.. idol, the apprentice, joe millionaire and the swan [Embarrassed] I know its mindless tv but sometimes after a long day thats just what you need..
Posts: 201 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by AceSpade:
Do you believe how sick they reached..

there is a show called "who's your daddy?"
in which they get an adopted boy/girl and ask them to guess who is his/her bio-father amongst many same looking men!

Omg! This is so unfair! and heartbreakingly stupid!
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by KeepinItReal:
FINE! [Embarrassed] Here I will admit it.......I watch Survivor, I love that show and I watch it every season. I also enjoyed the show Amish in the City....it was excellent(wish they would have another season). The Apprentice I watched the first 2 seasons but even the second season I couldn't get in to(loved first season)....so I'm done with that. I also thought the show Hells Kitchen was great! I will also admit I watched Beauty and the Geek(this one embarasses me).......it was just alright and only tuned in here and there. So there you have it. I am guilty........ [Frown]

Hahahahahahaaaaaaaa....do u watch miss lebanon as well?
LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only like Makeover where they really fix up someone who really needs it bad teeth, protruding nose etc. ...I don't like them at all....it's sad our t.v. viewing has come to this type shows.
Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KeepinItReal
Member # 7946

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by KeepinItReal:

Hahahahahahaaaaaaaa....do u watch miss lebanon as well?
LOL! No but I'm sure it's great. [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com