EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » BOYCOTT THE MOVIE FLIGHTPLAN

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BOYCOTT THE MOVIE FLIGHTPLAN
AceSpade
Member # 3954

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AceSpade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen the movie Flightplan by Jodi foster ...
though i liked her unique performance in the movie , i was shocked by how far the movie attacks the Arabs!

i don't want to go on details, but for the Arabs who sow the movie , i am sure that they felt the same insult as i did..
In this movie, Arab palne passengers are aggressively accused by a panicked mother for being kidnappers and hijackers ..
and her point of view was unquestionably supported by the other plane passengers !

even if the end of the movie was a twist , that doesn't mean that the idea of having arabs within the aircraft was essential for the movie makers for the plot .. and i am sure they didn't worry about how many arabs would watch this movie, they just didn't give a damn, that's why i felt guilty for spending EGP 20 on this movie ,and i am asking you too , if you believe in human rights , if you believe that a person's race is not a proof of ANYTHING ,if you believe in humanity
please don't pay money on this movie , we have to send a message to the movie makers.

Posts: 65 | From: Cairo | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of those block busters should be avoided anyhow. And they are too loud in the cinemas.
Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pablowablo
Member # 9129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pablowablo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maybe they just wanted to show how some people can get all stereotypical about certain things like that movie the siege with bruce willis
now that gave a big slap to arabs but i still think it was a great movie one of my favs

Posts: 113 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well its no shock.. back in the cold war they used the "bad boys" were russian.

and before when the cinemas it was the germans.
(I am sure you have seen charlie chaplin or some banned old looney tunes and disney cartoons)

It will come a time they will get tired of it, and try to find the next new "exotic" enemy to entertain ppl with.

and I never did like jodie foster.. too much dramaqueen for me.

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the movie, close to the scene you are mentioning, there were also an actor who said at least 3 importnat lines in defence of these men.. and the ending did show the main character and this Arabic man share a moment where it was an apology..so you did not mention these two important scenes. I also think that the point to was she was in a tragic state thinking her daughter was abducted because she knew the design of the plane. If the two scenes I mentioned were not in this movie than it would be definite racism but because of these I did not feel this to be true.
Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com