EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » PizzaHut and Kentucky Fried (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: PizzaHut and Kentucky Fried
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
I am missing a good foul sandwich, haven't had one in ages........ [Frown]

You can sometimes get canned foul in Arabic and Turkish supermarkets. It's ok but it doesn't taste like the freshly made stuff.
[Frown]

Hehe ... I went to the Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas Market) the other day and there was a stand selling foul, tameya and hummus. I was tempted to buy some but it was 3,50 Euros per portion and that just seemed too bizarre to me, plus I was sure it wouldn't be as spicy as in Cairo. [Wink] So I decided I'll just have to wait a bit longer for my next foul sandwich ...

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fudruckers is a hamburger joint. We have a few here in Michigan. They serve ginormous burgers, no one really needs that much red meat at one sitting.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bad bad influence you guys!

I'm ordering pizza as we speak. [Wink]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by karkoora:
Fudruckers is a hamburger joint. We have a few here in Michigan. They serve ginormous burgers, no one really needs that much red meat at one sitting.

I remember also that the Hardee's chain offered burgers with lots of meat. We usually just asked for that meat and brought it home for our dog. And she loved it.

No Fudruckers in Alabama though.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
Bad bad influence you guys!

I'm ordering pizza as we speak. [Wink]

Enjoy it to the fullest. [Big Grin]

BTW, how are your wedding plans coming along? You must be overly excited. Tell us, please!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Okay, I remember something really awful. I mean at least I felt very sad. So there is a restaurant chain in the US called "Red Lobster", you know they serve you any kind of sea food. Well, you can even point at the lobster inside the water tank which you would like to eat. Anyway, I was really disgusted about that. I mean I can't chose my food like that with the animal staring at me knowing I will be the one ending his life. Could you?
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Okay, I remember something really awful. I mean at least I felt very sad. So there is a restaurant chain in the US called "Red Lobster", you know they serve you any kind of sea food. Well, you can even point at the lobster inside the water tank which you would like to eat. Anyway, I was really disgusted about that. I mean I can't chose my food like that with the animal staring at me knowing I will be the one ending his life. Could you?

Very happily, yes ...
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by karkoora:

Hmm, I normally cut the burger in half and bring home a half-portion of the meal to eat for lunch or dinner the next day.

My eat a $8-$10 meal in one sitting when it can be two?

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TigerLily-you would have hated my wedding reception!
We had to choose all the live fish and lobster and crab from the tanks for the chef to kill and cook.Its better-its at least fresher!
Even better in Chinese thinking if you see them actually killed( they are sort of humane)
I think for you guys thats disgusting-but when you think about it its actually pragmatic.At least you cant get cheated on what the quality is-I think thats why they do it.
My son is also non-squeamish
He checks out eels in the fish tanks and asks to eat( you know chinese restaurant tanks).
Sorry-thats probably awful for you!

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger1225:
Tiger loves soshi and sashimi..and Japanese bar...yum..yum...I need a tuna roll now..or a california roll...or lotus roll..and some genger and wasabi..yum yummy [/QB]

Yukkkkkkkkk! I hate sushi!! and kim chee..hate them hate them!!
I love Thai food though. Tom Yum....Yummy!
Japanese, tapanyaki...
Oh dear..sushi, im gonna faint!!

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ngeg:
quote:
Originally posted by Tiger1225:
Tiger loves soshi and sashimi..and Japanese bar...yum..yum...I need a tuna roll now..or a california roll...or lotus roll..and some genger and wasabi..yum yummy

Yukkkkkkkkk! I hate sushi!! and kim chee..hate them hate them!!
Japanese, tapanyaki...
Oh dear..sushi, im gonna faint!! [/QB]

PLEASE DO NOT ...YOU DO NOT HAVE TO EAT IT....
THERE ARE SOME COOKED SOSHI TOO..

I love thai food too....

Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Never thought about this...but it is interesting ...when I was in Cape Cod...MOST resturants are like that...to insure freshness..
By the way Red Lobster is really great...

Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Japanese, tapanyaki...

That was a cool thing about moving to Washington, DC -- a city big enough and diverse enough that I can get thai food delivered to my door. And *excellent* thai food at that!
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ove Pad Thai noodles.
I also like their little round eggplands yuuuuum
Snoozin my ( ex) sister in law is in Washington-in
first of all edmonds and then in lynwood. Is that washigton dc or state?
She will study there in computer programming before back to LA.I think there are 2 washingtons?
But I dont know if they are in the same place?

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Sorry, different Washington.

Your ex SIL is in Washington State on the west coast...

I'm in Washington the city on the east coast....

We're 3,000 miles apart. [Frown]

But Washington State is beautiful! [Smile]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com