EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » And now, the shoplifter...!!!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: And now, the shoplifter...!!!!
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ngeg:
quote:
Originally posted by 7ayat- magnouna khales taralaly:

i think if your friend is not poor or suffering from financial problem, then this is probably a psychological problem, cliptomania (horrible spelling, and i'm too lazy to look for the correct one). so i think you should encourage him to seek therapy, it might really help him. if he refused to get help, then stop talking to him

La2 he's not poor! He gets paid 4 times as much as I get paid. Lives in an apartment that costs 2300 dollars a month! ...
Thanks for sharing that story. My brother's bestfriend-they were brought up together at our place- stole my mom's jewelary last summer and left Egypt! We r talking hundreds of thousands here! What to say?
It seems that this is becoming a normal thing. It doesn't surprise me anymore.

A sign of Youm el-Qiyamah...
where "trust" will only come at a price...(even between family i think [Confused] )

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jesus Cesar:
[
But these three guys still ask themselves who forced the safe, and they suspect the director, that they know.
]

lol. this is a funny story... [Roll Eyes]

quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
Insurance is a business, too, they don't give out money for the warm huggy feelings they get.

Nothing is free.

Insurance companies are scam-artist!!
wonder where the idea came from...

Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyGherkin:
Ngeg

This must be such a disappointing thing to find out about such a close friend. You definitely have to protect yourself. Laws may be different depending on which country you are in, but where I'm from, if you are with someone and they are caught shoplifting, you both get charged with the crime.

that's so funny, if someone is caught shoplifting and the stolen goods are on him everyone else goes to jail?! which country is that?
Posts: 956 | From: nowhere | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
your arguments brings that really bad egyptian idiom to mind: as long as it's not my arse go ahead and screw!
Helllloooooooooooo, planet earth there? This is a universal motto mister misfit!! I don't believe for second that it's an Egyptian thing. The first time I heard someone say "it's non of my business!" was on an American soap. Not back home.

in all cases you've committed no crime being with him![
I think I have. By being with him and JUST NOT GO SHOPPING TOGETHER, I have implicitly made myself part of his saga! No thank u!

and like it or not; one day you'll have to be someone's shrink.. that's when you'll eventually get married since all men are natural born psychopaths
Never...NEVER!!! If men are psychos, Iam one of those bad things that happen to bad ppl!!!!!! You just watch!!!!

Of course you are teasing me! Since I kicked u out of al basateen's flat, u can't stand me. Now seriously! If u don't believe shoplifting is a serious topic, let's leave it here!!!!!! wekolon menona yerou7 le7alloh!

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kiss heaven, is that u? ur debt to islam???
Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
my closest male friend

Ngeg, with stating he is your CLOSEST friend - gender doesn't play in this case the important role - do you consider him as a very dear friend also.

So your closest friend has a problem and you don't want to help him?

I am not saying that you should indanger yourself next time it happens again (refuse to go with him shopping until he's freed from his compulsive behaviour) but you need to talk straight to him, you have to tell him to stop it immediately, get psychological help and also tell him he is very much jeopardizing your friendship by his inappropriate behaviour and actions.

I don't know what is the punishment for shop lifting in Dubai but in this part of the world usually a finger or a whole hand gets cut off from the individual who commited the crime if catched and prosecuted. And on top of it he might has to go to jail for couple of years.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Helllloooooooooooo, planet earth there? This is a universal motto mister misfit!! I don't believe for second that it's an Egyptian thing. The first time I heard someone say "it's non of my business!" was on an American soap. Not back home.

you misinterpreted my words, i'm not saying at all it's an egyptian thing, but the dirty idiom is, it's one of the dirtiest idioms i've ever heared, just translate the words into egyptian dialect and it might ring a bell, it's so much different than "it's non of my business", besides what i'm concerned with is the moral judjement over the whole matter, shoplifting Vs infidelity, what is more immoral and more detrimental to people and the whole society, yet the latter is much condoned as you stated yourself!
quote:
I think I have. By being with him and JUST NOT GO SHOPPING TOGETHER, I have implicitly made myself part of his saga! No thank u!
i'm not suggesting you should go shopping together, matter of fact this is the one thing you should avoid doing, i'm simply saying you don't get arrested for that!

quote:
[Never...NEVER!!! If men are psychos, Iam one of those bad things that happen to bad ppl!!!!!! You just watch!!!!
they all say that then they spend the rest of their days nursing a nut case in a mad house they call home!

quote:
Of course you are teasing me! Since I kicked u out of al basateen's flat, u can't stand me. Now seriously! If u don't believe shoplifting is a serious topic, let's leave it here!!!!!! wekolon menona yerou7 le7alloh! [/qb]
ana 3omri ma7ansalik 7araket sha22et elbasateen di, ba2a ba3d mahallebtaha min el7izb bi3ara2 gebeeni antirid kidah sharr tardah [Frown] sa7ee7.. checher la femme!

now seriously, if you don't believe infidelity is a more serious topic than shoplifting then la yaslamool sharafool rafee3oo mina al'aza, 7atta yoraqoo 3ala gawanibihi eldamoo!

besides, wynona rider was caught shoplifting thongs but i never turned my back on her, she's still my best friend!

Posts: 956 | From: nowhere | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:
my closest male friend

Ngeg, with stating he is your CLOSEST friend - gender doesn't play in this case the important role - do you consider him as a very dear friend also.

So your closest friend has a problem and you don't want to help him?

He's one of my closest MALE friends. And yes, being an Arab I still feel my girlfriends are dearer to me than my male friends.
So, somehow stating his gender had a reason, yet again I had to put the word closest to imply that we spend lots of time together. I hope it makes sense.

Now, as to whether I should help him or not. I have my own theory. I only help ppl who will help themselves!! I don't waste precious time lecturing and advising someone who's not willing to even listen. And like I mentioned earlier, he ignored the fact that I'm mad abt this incident in particular. Though I made it clear. And started trying hard just to go out and have a good time as if that's all what we share!!!

Thanks for yr reply. Your words did make me think twice in some way. And gave me a chance to talk slightly abt male /female friendships from an Arab perspective.
Good day,
N

Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Misfit,

Enta betghales 3alaya wekhalas..!!! A2ool shemal te2ool yemeen a2ool a7mar t2ool akhdar a2ool shadya t2ool m7amad el 3ezabi. Eh dah ba2a????

Enta maba2etsh bet7ebeni zay zaman!
Plus, u shouldn't think of sha2et el basateen in that manner. Howa mesh ana harabi weladna fiha. Weba3dein 3ayezni aseeb el ragel yesra2 wen2akel weladna 7alawayet 7aram???

--------------------
Same crap...Different toilet

misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
quote:
Misfit,

Enta betghales 3alaya wekhalas..

aah.. leih? [Confused]
quote:

!!! A2ool shemal te2ool yemeen a2ool a7mar t2ool akhdar a2ool shadya t2ool m7amad el 3ezabi. Eh dah ba2a????

Enta maba2etsh bet7ebeni zay zaman!

di elnihaya eltabee3eyya likoll elmetgawwezeen, yareetna fedelna makhtoobeen, kanet a7la ayyam [Frown]
quote:

Plus, u shouldn't think of sha2et el basateen in that manner. Howa mesh ana harabi weladna fiha. Weba3dein 3ayezni aseeb el ragel yesra2 wen2akel weladna 7alawayet 7aram???

eza kanet heyya elsha22a aslan kollaha mal 7aram, da7na sar2een mal elsha3b wi nasbeen 3al 7izb el watani elli naseb 3al balad kollaha, !! shofti elli yemshi wara elshitan biyegraloo eih? adeena kheserna 7obbena eltaher elbaree2, ehe2 ehe2 (crocodile tears)!

anyway, khalas.. ana moosh 7aza33alek, ma32ool nekhsar ba3d 3ashan wa7ed shoplifter? give me his name and i will report him to the authorites immediately!

Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Ya misfit,

Dah amrikani. Hatigi tebalagh 3anno neroou7 ana wenta weshwayet el shabab betoo3 el ba7s 3an masr dole (Egypt search yaani) wesha3b masr koloh wara el shams fi sabeel 7arami el 7alla!

Wemesh be3eed nela2i nafsena etrameina fel share3 aw fi el mo3takal eyah (mesh ha2ool asma2 ya 3am) wefel akher tab3an masr hatetar teda7i beena men agl el sha3b..wana tab3an omm, 7adena..maynfa3sh arroou7 keda waseeb weladna yetshardo. Hattar -zay masr- adda7i beek!!!

How enta bgad mesh bet7ebeni zay zaman..tayeb wel a7mar wel akhdar eli lebestoholak ayam shahr el 3assal? neseit?

--------------------

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Why do you make the bulk of your judgements of America based on soap operas?

Don't you have any other access to American culture besides the TV?

And most people know that their 'stories' scripts are often not typical of America. Loads of references to what soap opera script writers consider high-class is Euro-trash.

And most of America's adult population is working. Thus they have no time for soap operas, which the script writers are aware of and thus don't always direct their intentions of script content to the Ameircan masses.

American soaps are more for international audiences than for us. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Sono,
Thanks for the input. But I was saying that I heard it for the first time as a CHILD. So, at that time I had no other access to american culture but TV.

No judgements made there though. I also said the words UNIVERSAL next to it...but anyways,

Of course now that I have experienced the american culture-on personal level- for myself..it's a different story.

--------------------

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Of course now that I have experienced the american culture-on personal level- for myself..it's a different story.

Thank you for stating this.

But I will state this, in some towns, cities a friend of a shoplifter can be charged as an accomplise.

Why because often teams of shoplifters are recruited to shoplift certain items to be resold later. I am not kidding its part of organized crime.

So what happens is a person is chosen to hold the merchandise (a mentally delayed friend will often not be held accountable or a adolescent is also a good choice).

And sometimes a person is charged as an accomplise for racist reasons.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
quote:

But I will state this, in some towns, cities a friend of a shoplifter can be charged as an accomplise.

Why because often teams of shoplifters are recruited to shoplift certain items to be resold later. I am not kidding its part of organized crime.

So what happens is a person is chosen to hold the merchandise (a mentally delayed friend will often not be held accountable or a adolescent is also a good choice).

Thank you, thank you ,thank you!

MISFIT (and others)!! PLZ READ THIS: I COULD GO TO JAIL in america BCZ OF HIM! HAPPY NOW??????

Sono, he's american. A white american. The racist reason (thank god) wouldn't apply.

And now I'm glad I didn't accept his invitation to spend christmas with his family! I could ve ended up in a prison cell somewhere in texas!

I have to admit that he's the most generous friend I ever had. Heh, anyways. Thanks again for the info.

sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
quote:

Thank you, thank you ,thank you!

MISFIT (and others)!! PLZ READ THIS: I COULD GO TO JAIL in america BCZ OF HIM! HAPPY NOW??????

Sono, he's american. A white american. The racist reason (thank god) wouldn't apply.

And now I'm glad I didn't accept his invitation to spend christmas with his family! I could ve ended up in a prison cell somewhere in texas!

I have to admit that he's the most generous friend I ever had. Heh, anyways. Thanks again for the info.

White man in Texas get arrested?

How could that ever happen?

No I'd go to see him (depending on what city he lives in) but avoid going shopping with him.

If I can avoid shopping trips with the women of my family you can avoid the mall in Texas with your Klepto whitey dude friend!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com