EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Huge Congrats to Egypt in African Cup.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Huge Congrats to Egypt in African Cup.
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched the game and wanted to offer congratulations to the team, the supporters, and the country. A bit iffy about the ? Senegal penalty though...... Lucky result..........
Good luck for next week, and hey!! what fantastic supporters the egyptians are.........Reminded me of Scotland games. We never win anything, but we love the spectacle, the social event and of course the 'Vino Collapso' [Wink] hic hic [Wink]

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol yeah, when i was in egypt i used to avoid going out after a match, the streets were just crazy!
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Labibah
Member # 9742

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Labibah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am prood! Now ana masria! lol! Yalla yalla masr!

--------------------
everything is possible!

Posts: 84 | From: Norway, Trondheim | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate football [Frown]

--------------------
No papa! No mama! No whisky soda!

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7ayat- magnouna khales taralaly:
lol yeah, when i was in egypt i used to avoid going out after a match, the streets were just crazy!

no no 7ya it is totally diffrent, ppl are nuts, and even girls, most of the cars are covered with Egypt Flag, fireworks, streets are closed, my sister who know nothing about foot ball was begging my father to agree about attending the match with her friends, as she said all the school will go!!
really i was shocked this year...

Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Corvinous:
I hate football [Frown]

Really, a man who dislikes football? Usually I just expect this statement more from women - like me.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Tiger, The ref was as has been shown in all the other games 'half asleep'
Whats with the taking the rings off? even though they were taped!! A bit like being at school eh?
[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I hate football [Frown]

Love you Corv [Wink] You are among few men who say don't like football! [Smile]
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nooralhaq20055
Member # 9255

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nooralhaq20055     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tootifrooti:
Just watched the game and wanted to offer congratulations to the team, the supporters, and the country. A bit iffy about the ? Senegal penalty though...... Lucky result..........
Good luck for next week, and hey!! what fantastic supporters the egyptians are.........Reminded me of Scotland games. We never win anything, but we love the spectacle, the social event and of course the 'Vino Collapso' [Wink] hic hic [Wink]

my husband is totally addicted to watching this african cup, I find myself getting into the game now, having never been interested previously.
We have another game Friday.........

Posts: 1074 | From: Menufia, Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is great to see so many women supporters in the crowd during this competition.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wonder how well we'll do after mido was kicked out
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:
I hate football [Frown]

Really, a man who dislikes football? Usually I just expect this statement more from women - like me.
You are a woman ? [Eek!]

I was so talented in other field... noses smashing .....later called Boxing which I thought meant putting people in a box, so I was always in a hurry to finish them off to put them in the box which I never found by the Ring

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by karla:
quote:
I hate football [Frown]

Love you Corv [Wink] You are among few men who say don't like football! [Smile]
My Pleasure [Smile]

Since I was a kid it made me feel so stupid, andeach time I try to play it I kick the kids legs not the ball... their fault, they keep changing between their legs, if they stay still their legs would not get kicked [Big Grin]

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nooralhaq20055:
quote:
Originally posted by tootifrooti:

my husband is totally addicted to watching this african cup, I find myself getting into the game now, having never been interested previously.
We have another game Friday.........

My Uncle used to set a reward for me if I could stay a whole football game in front of the TV watching the game, my top record was 15 minutes [Big Grin]
Merima
Member # 9658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Merima     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Asooma:
quote:
Originally posted by 7ayat- magnouna khales taralaly:

no no 7ya it is totally diffrent, ppl are nuts, and even girls, most of the cars are covered with Egypt Flag, fireworks, streets are closed, my sister who know nothing about foot ball was begging my father to agree about attending the match with her friends, as she said all the school will go!!
really i was shocked this year...

Sounds great! It must be an awesome atmosphere. I just canīt wait for the world championship to start here in Germany this summer.

As for tomorrow: I hope that itīll be a fair and interesting game!

Posts: 173 | From: Germany | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merima
Member # 9658

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Merima     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerman:
quote:
Originally posted by Merima:

and somehow Egypt win the CUP ... [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [/QB]
Yeah, Iīll keep my fingers crossed [Wink]
But playing at home, they better win tomorrow [Big Grin]
Unfortunately, Iīll be working so I wonīt be able to see the match on TV. But I guess, EuroSport will show it again and again in the next few days.

Posts: 173 | From: Germany | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merima
Member # 9658

Member Rated:
quote:
[QUOTE] But I guess, EuroSport will show it again and again in the next few days.

Wait a minute, EuroSport wonīt! The Olympic Games are starting tomorrow...
Well, anyway, letīs hope that Egypt will win.

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerman:
quote:

and somehow Egypt win the CUP ... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Yeah, Iīll keep my fingers crossed [Wink]
But playing at home, they better win tomorrow [Big Grin]
Unfortunately, Iīll be working so I wonīt be able to see the match on TV. But I guess, EuroSport will show it again and again in the next few days. [/QB]

Hey, one of my friends crossed her fingers and she could not un-cross them back [Frown]
Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE] But I guess, EuroSport will show it again and again in the next few days.

Wait a minute, EuroSport wonīt! The Olympic Games are starting tomorrow...
Well, anyway, letīs hope that Egypt will win.

EUROSPORT SHOWS IT ALIVE!!
Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com