EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Puppy information

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Puppy information
MissSalsa
Member # 10273

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissSalsa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone!

I will be living in Cairo this year and i'm searching for someone/somewhere i can buy a TOY BREED puppy.
Either; Bolognese (which is rare i know) or Maltese or King Charles spaniel breeds.

So far, all my research has failed! I've checked out www.petsmarche.com.

But i'm looking for anywhere else?

Help much appreciated.

Thanks guys

-Salsa x

Posts: 12 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the board MissSalsa!

Here they are... some of the links...

http://www.breedersonline.co.uk/findapuppy.asp?breedsel=Bolognese

http://www.annasheavenlymaltese.com/maltese_birth_announcements.html

http://www.terrificpets.com/dogs_for_sale/cavalier_king_charles_spaniel_for_sale.asp

Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ViVaLaDiVa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But these are not in egypt Sadeegy and i guess she is looking for someone who has this breed here in cairo [Smile]
Posts: 140 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooops...sorry! [Roll Eyes]

I didn't find dogs breeders in Cairo, but maybe you could ask at some pets owners clubs.
Due to the fact that you share a similar interest, maybe they will be able to provide you the information you need. Good luck! [Smile]

"Pampered Paws" - 560 Main Street, Cairo
"The Equine Edge" - 305 Mountain Avenue, Cairo

Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Miss S.... there are a lot of small white fluffy dogs in Hurghada known as 'Lulu dogs' .. maybe ask a vet or pet shop if they know of any Lulu dogs!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ViVaLaDiVa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Samia isnt it that Griffon type?? that one is so arrogant..
Btw Sadeegy i have a Bolognese puppy but even when i go to vet here in cairo the doctor has no idea what kind of a dog it is..this breed is not common here at all unless someone brought it from europe like me.I wanted a yorkishire terrier but that breed is also not known here.

Posts: 140 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissSalsa
Member # 10273

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissSalsa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone!

Thanks alot for your suggestions!

Will check them out!

x

Posts: 12 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ViVaLaDiVa:
that one is so arrogant..

ROFL
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ViVaLaDiVa:
Samia isnt it that Griffon type?? that one is so arrogant..
Btw Sadeegy i have a Bolognese puppy but even when i go to vet here in cairo the doctor has no idea what kind of a dog it is..this breed is not common here at all unless someone brought it from europe like me.I wanted a yorkishire terrier but that breed is also not known here.

Hi viva my friend...... long time no see!!! [Smile] Not sure... maybe a griffon... just a small white fluffy ball..... we found one in the street in Hurghada 2 years back..... dirty skinny, covered in fleas..and wandering the streets.... she was really cute.... sorted her out and gave her to a woman who took her to Germany!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the puppies, i think you can get cheap ones really easily. Or even sometimes free, egypt is full of bastards that want masters.

And why want higher quality dogs when the most important thing is to have company?

Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
I wouldn't have put it quite like that, but I agree with your sentiment!!! Egyptian baladi dogs are highly intelligent and make excellent pets!!! And there are too many puppies on the street!!!
Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
I wouldn't have put it quite like that, but I agree with your sentiment!!! Egyptian baladi dogs are highly intelligent and make excellent pets!!! And there are too many puppies on the street!!!

CUTE [Smile]
Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissSalsa
Member # 10273

Rate Member
Sure! I'm not saying "egyptian dogs" are not good enough lol But the point is the size of the dog, i'm looking for a very small one that would be perfect for apartment life/travelling.

Plus you have to take into account that not all homeless older dogs are suitable to live with a family because of psychological/behavioural problems.

And the fact that i have alot of love for those breeds i mentioned.

But i accept that point! And its definitely something to look into.

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Miss S.... I would never suggest taking an adult dog from the streets... it would never work... but these dogs often have 6-8 puppies, and only maybe 1 or 2 survive!!!
MissSalsa
Member # 10273

Rate Member
It's really sad that they are not respected at all in society.

Do you do any work with animals Samia?

kimbo57
Member # 9486

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimbo57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why not have one sent over from england???
Posts: 68 | From: england | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by MissSalsa:
It's really sad that they are not respected at all in society.

Do you do any work with animals Samia?

Diving with them!!! [Big Grin] One of my last dives before I came home recently was a dive with a pod of 22 dolphins..... awesome!!!
The last work I did with animals was last year, I spent my birthday helping our local Hurghada vet, Sameh, to abort 8 puppies and sterilise a street dog, who was less then 2 years old and on her 3rd litter..... she was very weak and in danger of dying!!!
She's fine now... back on the street, fit, healthy and strong!!!
Reminded me of my first ever job..... trainee vet nurse in Belgravia, London.

htrexists
Member # 12079

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for htrexists     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salsa,

I've been facing the same problem the past couple of months, till i reached the PetsMarche guys! They're amazing! They got me my Pedigree Basset Hound in minutes!!!

I think they have listings of all the breeders in Egypt & internationally!

Try contact them directly, i have their e-mail info@petsmarche.com

hope that helps,
best of luck!

Posts: 1 | From: Egypt | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com