EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » DO YOU HATE EGYPTIANS !!! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: DO YOU HATE EGYPTIANS !!!
MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MotherEgypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHY MOST OF NONE EGYPTIAN LIVING IN EGYPT ARE COMPLAINING ? !!!
WHY THEY CAN NOT SHOW SOME RESPECT TO LOCALS ? !!!!
WHY THEY TREAT THE EGYPTIAN STAFF SO DIFFERENTLY ?
WHY THERE IS A LOT OF EUROPEANS (MORE EAST EUROPE)HAVING BUSINESS HERE WITHOUT PAYING TAXES OR HAVING LEGAL PAPERS AND MAKING THE PRICES VERY LOW ?
WHY HURGHADA AND SHARM BECOME A PLACE FOR VERY LOW CLASS EUROPEAN RESIDENTS ?,,,
WHY A JOBLESS EUROPIAN CAN COME HERE AND GET PAID MORE THAN A QUALIFIED EGYPTIAN ?
WHY SOME EROUPEAN USED TO DO VERY SIMPLE JOBS IN THEIR HOMES , THEY CAN BE EASILY MANGERS HERE FOR DIVING CENTERS AND TRAVEL AGENCIES ,,,ETC
SOMETIMES I WISH I HAVE BLUE EYES AND BLOND HAIR BUT ALL OF THE TIME I AM HAPPY TO BE EGYPTIAN !

Posts: 565 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all it does seem that you don't like (I will not use the term 'hate') Europeans in general and what they are able to achieve.

Secondly doesn't your religion teach you to be happy with what you have and not to be jealous of others, their assets and achievements?

Thirdly if all these "very low class europeans" don't come anymore to your beloved Hurghada - then you can call yourself jobless too. Oh my, since you call these people like that I can more than imagine how you treat them.

Hm, btw, Egypt your homecountry is the one and only you can blame for having special contracts with Eastern European countries which create such a massive tourist flood.

And believe it or not, if Eastern or Western European, these people do work and deserve every minute of their vacation.

Lastly I am neither blondhaired nor blueeyed but I do have the ability to avoid generalizations.

And I am happy that you are happy to be Egyptian. I love your country and intend to come back every year.

Let me know where your shop is exactly located so we can talk things out another time (I am not sure if you do remember me, we had the pleasure of confrontation before here on ES..... long long time ago [Wink] ).

Take care...... [Smile]

Oh, I forgot to mention, especially last summer while being on vacation in Hurghada I did feel I was being on holidays at the Black Sea rather than at the Red Sea. [Big Grin]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *Tigerlily*:
First of all it does seem that you don't like (I will not use the term 'hate') Europeans in general and what they are able to achieve.

Secondly doesn't your religion teach you to be happy with what you have and not to be jealous of others, their assets and achievements?

Thirdly if all these "very low class europeans" don't come anymore to your beloved Hurghada - then you can call yourself jobless too. Oh my, since you call these people like that I can more than imagine how you treat them.

Hm, btw, Egypt your homecountry is the one and only you can blame for having special contracts with Eastern European countries which create such a massive tourist flood.

And believe it or not, if Eastern or Western European, these people do work and deserve every minute of their vacation.

Lastly I am neither blondhaired nor blueeyed but I do have the ability to avoid generalizations.

And I am happy that you are happy to be Egyptian. I love your country and intend to come back every year.

Let me know where your shop is exactly located so we can talk things out another time (I am not sure if you do remember me, we had the pleasure of confrontation before here on ES..... long long time ago [Wink] ).

Take care...... [Smile]

Oh, I forgot to mention, especially last summer while being on vacation in Hurghada I did feel I was being on holidays at the Black Sea rather than at the Red Sea. [Big Grin]

lol. Well said Tiger. For a country who depends so much on tourism because its own government won't step up, I find it ironic that the citizens complain about these things. Try living in Egypt and looking non-Egyptian and being charged 100 times the normal amount because I am assumed to be a rich tourist. Egyptian people (many) will take advantage of foreigners faster than you can say astagfurallah but I don't see a lot of outcry from the citizens about that.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said both girls.
The thing that bugs me so much is why can't an egyptian shopkeeper just stay in his shop. They feel the need to drag you in to look inside at what they have and then charge you a ridiculous price. Can't they learn that most shoppers will go inside a shop if they dont get hassled. If the shopkeeper hassles me to come in I walk straight on past.
Motheregypt, be thankful that you have so many tourists coming to your country. It is what puts the bread in your childrens mouths.
I love egypt I will be moving there in about 8 weeks for good. I hope I dont bump into you!! [Eek!] luckily I wont be near Hurghada.

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
primak
Member # 494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for primak         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MotherEgypt:
WHY MOST OF NONE EGYPTIAN ARE COMPLAINING !!!

Do egyptians not complain? criticism is not bad, on the contrary it shows us egyptians that we need to correct a lot of things, doesn't it?

WHY THEY CAN NOT SHOW SOME RESPECT TO LOCALS !!!!

it's a two way street, remember?

People get treated the way they want to get treated..how are egyptians treated by their own
egyptian bosses?

WHY THERE IS A LOT OF EUROPEAN (MORE EAST EUROPE)HAVING BUSINESS HERE WITHOUT PAYING TAXES OR HAVING LEGAL PAPERS AND MAKING THE PRICES VERY LOW ?

Because your government has not set up a system to control this yet, it will come, patience.

WHY HURGHADA AND SHARM BECOME A PLACE FOR VERY LOW CLASS EUROPEANS,,,
WHY A JOBLESS EUROPIAN CAN COME HERE AND GET PAID MORE THAN A QUALIFIED EGYPTIAN .

Ask yourself why europeans accept some very low class egyptians in their countries? and lots of them? all certainly jobless, useless and generally criticising the europeans, all the time.

WHY SOME EROUPEAN USED TO DO VERY SIMPLE JOBS IN THEIR HOMES , THEY CAN BE EASILY MANGERS HERE FOR DIVING CENTERS AND TRAVEL AGENCIES ,,,ETC

maybe the egyptian owners of the businesses would trust a european a bit more? whatever his quailifications? it's good you're asking yourself these questions . Maybe a european ,of whatever background will deal in a better way with a fellow european tourist? as they are on the same wavelength? speak their language ?

SOMETIMES I WISH I HAVE BLUE EYES AND BLOND HAIR BUT ALL OF THE TIME I AM HAPPY TO BE EGYPTIAN !

I am proud to be an egyptian and can certainly assure you I prefer being tanned and with dark fizzy hair than a blue eyed blond .
But I know that egyptians in Hurghada and other tourists places have given us - the good ones - a bad name ; you should ask yourself why they remain in these places and why the government doesn't send them back ( the bad ones ) to their villages!

Posts: 1516 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can answer to some of your questions:

WHY MOST OF NONE EGYPTIAN ARE COMPLAINING!!!

Well for me is because I’m always in the bad mood and complain almost everywhere I go, is not only when I’m in Egypt. You know French are famous for that…. [Big Grin] But when I’m in Egypt I don’t complain that much. don’t know for the rest of western people

WHY THEY CAN NOT SHOW SOME RESPECT TO LOCALS!!!!

Well you know when you are a western woman you are often stick with the image of an easy girl, witch is not very nice, for us, if some western people can not show respect to locals people well is very bad, from what I have seen some western are extremely free in their country, and for them, the word freedom has a totally different meaning and when they come to a different country like Egypt they may think that, it should be just as how it is where they come from otherwise is not normal. They just forget that there is a world around them

Don’t know, you should may ask to your Egyptian colleagues, or friends

WHY THERE IS A LOT OF EUROPEAN (MORE EAST EUROPE)HAVING BUSINESS HERE WITHOUT PAYING TAXES OR HAVING LEGAL PAPERS AND MAKING THE PRICES VERY LOW ?

Because when you are running a company, you are suppose to make as much profit as you can, and if somewhere in the world there is a country where you can make business without paying taxes and making the prices very low, is normal that people would come and make profit of it, what is not normal is that the government of those countries allow foreigner to make such kind of business ……

WHY A JOBLESS EUROPIAN CAN COME HERE AND GET PAID MORE THAN A QUALIFIED EGYPTIAN .
Well I have no idea, I do know some westerns people who works for western companies and they got an Egyptian salary.

Good for you, so that your idea about western people, they are all blond with blues eyes, well I’m not, I also have brown hair and eyes, and also are happy to be what I’m, can you imagine if all western people have stereotype, about Egyptian people, as much as some Egyptian people have some, about western [Eek!]

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MotherEgypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, i am not talking about tourists ,,i am talking about very high numbers of low class european residents.

secondly ,,i am sorry but you have very limited vision.
i am talking about facts here but you turn it into Religion, achievements,jealousy and blablabla blablation.
any way chill out and you are welcome any time to my country .

--------------------
The only way for evil to prevail, is for good men to stand by and do nothing

Posts: 565 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
WHY MOST OF NONE EGYPTIAN ARE COMPLAINING !!!
WHY THEY CAN NOT SHOW SOME RESPECT TO LOCALS !!!!
WHY HURGHADA AND SHARM BECOME A PLACE FOR VERY LOW CLASS EUROPEANS,,,

So tell us why does Egypt allowes all of this.
In my country no one can make business with out the rquired papers or with out paying tax(we pay a lot of taxes)
So ask your government why they allow forigners to work there.
In my country we do not employ any forigners if they are not qualified and even than we favour our own citizens.
In my country everybody get eaquel salary.
So everything you mentioned is just because you allowe all of that so why do you allowe it!!
I love and respect Egypt even if it has it's faults and would need quite many improvments on government level.

Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
primak
Member # 494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for primak         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do you say " low class" ? are you yourself "high class" ? how do you define your class system?
Posts: 1516 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
primak and the rest thanks a lot for your logic replies,i figure it out after posting ,,,this the wrong place for my post ,,,i should post it to the Egyptian government ,,and i just did

--------------------

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tootifrooti:
Well said both girls.
The thing that bugs me so much is why can't an egyptian shopkeeper just stay in his shop. They feel the need to drag you in to look inside at what they have and then charge you a ridiculous price. Can't they learn that most shoppers will go inside a shop if they dont get hassled. If the shopkeeper hassles me to come in I walk straight on past.

No kidding, they drag you in, if you go in and don't buy they get pissed off....if you do buy they rip you off...charging you such high prices for JUNK! [Roll Eyes] I hate the women in the clothes shopes that follow you around and bring you clothes (usually ugly ones) to get you to choose some things or to help you shop. OMGGG shopping should be fun not a hassle of me running to avoid these annoying people.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
primak
Member # 494

Thanks. Self Criticism is always good for us anyway.
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
well, i am not talking about tourists ,,i am talking about very high numbers of low class european residents.

secondly ,,i am sorry but you have very limited vision.
i am talking about facts here but you turn it into Religion, achievements,jealousy and blablabla blablation.
any way chill out and you are welcome any time to my country .

oohh thank you! but according to you, we are more welcome than you are right? but thanks for the hospitality all the same.
MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
a low class person is a person that he has no manners or principles , he has no respect for the others simply cos he has no respect to himself , a person that he can step on the others to reach to his goal regardless if he is right or wrong , a person he is ready to give away his dignity and pride for little material things.
this my defination for low class , and according to this defination ,,yes i am very high class person even if i am driving 1985 old car ...

--------------------

Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes one thing I hate in Egypt is shopping.
I really hate shopping there.
I can still handel a grocery store but that is about it.
With a different behaviour the shop keepers would get much more sold.

Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by Mimmi:
Yes one thing I hate in Egypt is shopping.
I really hate shopping there.
I can still handel a grocery store but that is about it.
With a different behaviour the shop keepers would get much more sold.

yes it's quite strange, I've been to many different countries but Egypt is only one I experience with this strange behavior. Also if you try on clothes, the women who work there are so fast to come to you and tell you something looks 'helewa awy' even if it is 5 times too big?. I just look at them like they're idiots and roll my eyes.

I have learned now when I go shopping to immediately tell them that I know well what I like and don't need any help, but thanks anyway.

Farstar
Member # 9772

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MotherEgypt:

All what you mentioned falls under "DISCRIMINATION" and unfortunately, discrimination in Egypt is very high, especially among Egyptians themselves.. Discrimination against Egyptians is becoming very obvious everyday, which is practiced against them by EGYPTIANS, POLICE and now EVERYBODY else as you mentioned.. It is sad story.. check this out:
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=008435#000000

Posts: 275 | From: the Globe | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
primak
Member # 494

quote:
a low class person is a person that he has no manners or principles , he has no respect for the others simply cos he has no respect to himself , a person that he can step on the others to reach to his goal regardless if he is right or wrong , a person he is ready to give away his dignity and pride for little material things.
this my defination for low class , and according to this defination ,,yes i am very high class person even if i am driving 1985 old car ...

thanks , it is indeed a perfect definition of low class . You're very right. and there's nothing better than driving an old car, very chic, trust me, much chic'er than driving a new mercedes or other, which I personally consider very baladi.
Farstar
Member # 9772

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what do you mean by baladi here? do not you see that Egyptians are so confused about using this term??

When they say, Chicken Baladi, that means it is good, better than Afrangi or imported.

Baladi is used for authentic and original

In El BALAD, means, corageous and you find him when you need him..

BUT BALADI is low class!!!!!

EEH DAH, what a confusion!!!!!!!!!!!! [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 275 | From: the Globe | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farstar
Member # 9772

Rate Member
in el BALAD is *IBN EL BALAD* the B is missing, sorry!!
primak
Member # 494

sorry, meant it as " bad taste", "nouveau riche",
pejoratively.

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about just having some manners and minimal respect for others, whether you are Egyptian-born or an immigrant? [Wink]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Farstar:
what do you mean by baladi here? do not you see that Egyptians are so confused about using this term??

When they say, Chicken Baladi, that means it is good, better than Afrangi or imported.

Baladi is used for authentic and original

In El BALAD, means, corageous and you find him when you need him..

BUT BALADI is low class!!!!!

EEH DAH, what a confusion!!!!!!!!!!!! [Roll Eyes]

oh dear.... we dont have these problems in england.

but thats because English is wicked!

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although I agree with this I will say something as far as quality goes. I've read the tags inside the clothing for sale in Egypt. Most of the tags say "made in China". Much of the clothing we buy here in the states is made in China, Taiwan, etc. The quality is much, much higher here in the states than anything you can find in Egypt. I find that very unfortunate. Why aren't Egyptians offered the same quality as we are here in the West? I realize that Egypt, for the most part, is an economically poor country. But I don't agree that the Egyptian people should be punished for their gov't's economic downfall. While I was there I saw some of the most pathetic sights. Small children, alone, begging in the streets. Where are their parents? Does poverty really make people lose all dignity? It's really the Egyptian Gov't's fault why some of the people have it so hard and are reduced to pandering, begging, lying and cheating. I love Egypt very much and plan on living there permanently one day, inshallah. I have great respect for the people and their culture. I was never mistreated by anyone during my time there.

The only instance of a shop keeper trying to rip my husband and me off happened outside of Mohamed Ali Mosque/Sala'adin Citadel. We bought batteries from this shopkeeper the first time we went and he charged us 8LE. Two days later we went again and bought batteries from the same shopkeeper, he wanted to charge 15LE. Why you ask? Because the second time he actually heard me speak to my husband. He knew I was a foreigner and figured he could get more money. My husband called him out on this and told him he will pay him the same price he paid him two days before.

quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:

[/qb]

No kidding, they drag you in, if you go in and don't buy they get pissed off....if you do buy they rip you off...charging you such high prices for JUNK! [Roll Eyes] I hate the women in the clothes shopes that follow you around and bring you clothes (usually ugly ones) to get you to choose some things or to help you shop. OMGGG shopping should be fun not a hassle of me running to avoid these annoying people. [/QB][/QUOTE]
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Madame M.:
He knew I was a foreigner and figured he could get more money. My husband called him out on this and told him he will pay him the same price he paid him two days before.

I have really mixed feelings about this. On one hand, even the highest prices I was quoted were cheaper than what I'd pay in the States, and I have no problem putting money into the Egyptian economy. On the other, I feel badly for foreigners who live in Egypt, on Egyptian salaries, who get harrassed for more $$ than an Egyptian would pay.

Whattaya do?

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you still have your old car Mother Egypt. Did you ever get a dog?

--------------------
Whitelily

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
semsema
where are you now ? are you back home ?
i saw CH some weeks ago taking you lovely dog for a walk.
finally i got a dog and because of him , i had to move upstairs for larger flat ,,so he has his own room now ,,and i never tied him to the stairs and make sure i will not do ,

--------------------

MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
i meant YOUR lovely dog

--------------------

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think foreigners should have to pay more simply because most of us have more money.

I agree, even the highest prices are so much lower than what we pay for things in the states. We went to Carrefour one day and spent 96LE (about $17US), nothing compared to what I'd spend in the states for the same stuff but very expensive in the eyes of my husband. He told me to think this way, a dollar is a dollar in it's own country. So something that should cost $1 in the states should only cost 1LE in Egypt. Once he taught me that I started looking at things differently and watching prices.

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by Madame M.:
He told me to think this way, a dollar is a dollar in it's own country. So something that should cost $1 in the states should only cost 1LE in Egypt. Once he taught me that I started looking at things differently and watching prices.

Yes, my husband said the same. There are variations, of course...electric appliances and cars are much more expensive there than here in the US.
MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
if you all can really feel Egypt ,,,if you all can think a bit more humanity ,,,if you look more carefully to the simple faces in the streets , if you just look into people eyes ,,,i am not trying to find an excuse for them or for us ,,just give it a try and you will learn a lot and please Do not make us feel like that we do not deserve this land ,, Egypt is Egypt because Egyptians live here ,,and i am sure sooner more than u think it will be the best not because of the pyramids or the red sea , no it will because of the Egyptians
mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mooneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mother..., I understand u. U observe what anw it is going...
Madame, I bought underwear for my family in GB: Mark & Spencer made in Egypt... I was so surprsied.
Perhaps Mark... lost his splendour long time ago, but they still produce good quality clothes or perhaps they found another cheap power to do it for them.
Anyway, the truth is as usually between.
Take care

Posts: 810 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 10 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I may going to surprise some people but me I don't like Mark and Spencer that much. In my country they all close down, all they have inside is stuff export from other countries, like food,and the quality of the clothes is not that good,and is all made in China, that does not mean anything but I bought a couples of shirt, some troussers,in Egypt, on the label it says " made in Egypt", is 100% cotton,I bought them 3 times less than in UK, and the quality is much more better.
Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you all can really feel Egypt ,,,if you all can think a bit more humanity ,,,if you look more carefully to the simple faces in the streets , if you just look into people eyes ,,,i am not trying to find an excuse for them or for us ,,just give it a try and you will learn a lot and please Do not make us feel like that we do not deserve this land ,, Egypt is Egypt because Egyptians live here ,,and i am sure sooner more than u think it will be the best not because of the pyramids or the red sea , no it will because of the Egyptians

Hey Mother Egypt

Yes you are right, but a lot of western people (not all of them) tend to look at the material aspect of the life, in the western countries we do have more than you do (in term of material) but in Egypt you do have more than we do, in term of many other things. If you go to some western countries you may be shock from some people attitude, like for them when they come to Egypt, they may be shock from other things. But what you have described about humanity, unfortunately there are a lot of people who will and have missed out this part of Egypt.

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

I bought a pair of jeans here and they were made in Egypt. Good quality ones too. I found that in Egypt the stuff actually made in Egypt was of good quality but the stuff imported was of a poorer quality.

quote:
Originally posted by mooneal:
Mother..., I understand u. U observe what anw it is going...
Madame, I bought underwear for my family in GB: Mark & Spencer made in Egypt... I was so surprsied.
Perhaps Mark... lost his splendour long time ago, but they still produce good quality clothes or perhaps they found another cheap power to do it for them.
Anyway, the truth is as usually between.
Take care

seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:

MotherEgypt, I agree with you. Most of us do the humanity and love the people, which keeps us coming back or why we live here. Your people do deserve the land, if us whities had we would have torn it up long ago believe me~
candy
Member # 10393

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for candy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree when visitors come here to England they pay the same as i do for everything, the price Does not go up if u speak english dutch american etc, why then when i go to Egypt do i have to pay over the odds????
My bf will have me wait outside a shop rather than go in with him simply becoz we will get charged alot more for.
I work hard here in England, and have to pay much more utilities bills mortage etc much mcuh higher than in Egypt....

Posts: 149 | From: england | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mooneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My intention was to support Egyptian products...
Posts: 810 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by candy:
I agree when visitors come here to England they pay the same as i do for everything, the price Does not go up if u speak english dutch american etc, why then when i go to Egypt do i have to pay over the odds????
My bf will have me wait outside a shop rather than go in with him simply becoz we will get charged alot more for.
I work hard here in England, and have to pay much more utilities bills mortage etc much mcuh higher than in Egypt....

You are absolutely right. There are plenty of tourist sites in America and they do not charge higher prices for people not speaking American English. I guess in Egypt the thinking is 'well they don't know better, so get all of their money if you can'. I had a woman try to charge me MUCH more for simply potatoes over the Egyptian woman next to me! What?? She said to the Egyptian lady, 'she is foreigner she doesn't know'. [Eek!] I hate thieves, and they come in all packages. I can't imagine this type of behavior is well known and just accepted as the norm. There are great things about Egypt that I love but I must admit this is the biggest issue that bothers me. Your people are kind and nice and care for each other (generally) sure, but on the whole these people would (generally) steal your nose if it wasn't attached to your face.
MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
if you hate thieves because some simple egyptian wants to charge you one pound more for potatoes , i do have the same feelings to some one is here trying to steal my work and my value and above all this he treats Egyptians badly , may be he does not even want to see Egyptian next to him in a public bus ,,
guys you have no idea what is the situation in Hurghada and sharm it is simply a european colonies and Egyptians are really badly treated by Mr.Euro whom he has no proper education or even a sense of dealing with others, above all of this there is some of them are drug dealers ,, so please stop talking about how you do your shoping,how to find your lost boy friend or how to get him back after you caught him with a younger russian girl or finally how can you cook bamia or the rest of your silly posts and get a bit serious .

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
taking you lovely dog for a walk.

ROFL
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
quote:
taking you lovely dog for a walk.

ROFL
this an old game MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari ,,,
we have learned our lesson
we got the Americans are doing the same in Iraq .
israel in the whole middle east.
and finally MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari in ES
but semsema is more smarter than this ,,,she will not fall into your entrapment niether me .

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
if you hate thieves because some simple egyptian wants to charge you one pound more for potatoes , i do have the same feelings to some one is here trying to steal my work and my value and above all this he treats Egyptians badly , may be he does not even want to see Egyptian next to him in a public bus ,,
guys you have no idea what is the situation in Hurghada and sharm it is simply a european colonies and Egyptians are really badly treated by Mr.Euro whom he has no proper education or even a sense of dealing with others, above all of this there is some of them are drug dealers ,, so please stop talking about how you do your shoping,how to find your lost boy friend or how to get him back after you caught him with a younger russian girl or finally how can you cook bamia or the rest of your silly posts and get a bit serious .

Alright, Mr. "High Class" person, you can't be for real to complain here online about tourists who try to bargain with you about ONE LE if you at the same time overprice other tourists immense. I really don't see your point. It's an open market in Egypt and you as a shop owner take full advantage of it.

You know I feel very sorry for you that you think about your costumers that way, that you are trapped in an "European colony", that you have to deal with all these uneducated people coming on vacation (btw where did you get your business management degree - at Harvard???), and I think if you are that unhappy you should change your life and your job, move away from Hurghada and stay away from low class tourists in general.

You also gave me a big laugh when you said that some of the tourists are drug dealers. Do you think your own people are clean? Your bango s*** and other things are easy and widely available for purchase and use in Egypt. Many of your guys enjoy a good joint anytime so don't try to fool anyone.

You see and there are people who interested in to know how to cook bamia, there are women who want to get a clue if there Egy boyfriends are for real or not and all these other things you can read here on this ES forum. And I am deeply sorry that it doesn't match you interests. And lastly I don't have a clue what the US has to do with your post, why do you bring America and Iraq even Israel into this thread? [Confused]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

How many millions of Egyptians can't afford even to have and maintain a car?
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by primak:
[/qb]

thanks , it is indeed a perfect definition of low class . You're very right. and there's nothing better than driving an old car, very chic, trust me, much chic'er than driving a new mercedes or other, which I personally consider very baladi. [/QUOTE]

Is someone "butt-kissing" here? [Big Grin]

MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
Dear Tigerwhatever
I have no idea where did you get this information from !
first of all i am not a shopkeeper
second i am not talking about tourists ,,,tourists are very welcome here ,,and this my second time in the same post i am trying to tell you i am talking about a great number of uneducated European living in Egypt and they are causing a great damage to the Egyptian ecnomy and they are reducing the chances for Egyptian to have a job ,,,
you have no right at all to tell me to leave Hurghada for a temporary situation i do not like , i am not living in Hamburg frau,,the same goes on you here please if you do not like something here in Egypt better to stay in your own country and never come back here but i would not advise you this , because simply i have no right to do so Egypt is a place for every one as long as he or she will respect this land,cultur, people and and above all respecting your very simple doorman AM MOHAMED OR HASSAN and if you can not, make sure Egypt will not miss you.
yes there a European drug dealers in Hurghada and sharm ,
and my point lady if you agree to get paid 4 times more than Egyptian in EGYPT ,,i guess you do not mind paying one pound more for your Bamia
for those memebers who are interested to cook Bamia, why do not you just call your mother in law or ask the wife of your doorman if you are not allowed to go out and meet your Egyptian friends or just buy ABLA NAZIRA book.
well, they have the right to make thier comments in your BAMIA FORUMS ,,,but i do not apperciate their comments in my post with a sticky bamia mentality as i will not advise them how to cook Bamia or how to teach them to be better in bed to keep their boy friends .
lastly if you have the right to talk about Bamia i guess i have the same right to talk about America and Iraq and please note the huge difference between your bamia and the issue i posted.
by the way all of my studies i did was in public Egyptian schools but i am still able to answer you with your own langauge which ich glaube Deutsch or whatever langauge fits your education and in any topic you would like to know about .
my last word to you ,,,the older you get the wiser you are but for you it is very different , you are the same and even you are getting more and more.....................
well,,as i dislike talking to shallow people or very limited vision people like you ,,i decide from now and then i will just ignore your lovely comments and i would appreciate it more if you avoid bringing youe wise comments into my threads

*Souri*
Member # 9095

Member # 10393

Rate Member posted 09 March, 2006 12:55 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry but when you are foreign in UK you don't always pay the same price as if you were British, I’m a foreign who lives in UK, and I can tell you that I do not receive the same services or often pay the same price as if I was British and the thing is that because people there always seems to be polite and well educated, that at first you don’t realize, but at the end of the day is the same everywhere, is just the way people do it that change, also in my country, foreign have often to pay a higher price than the local,
You do work hard to pay your bill or mortgage, but in Egypt some people may have to work even harder, just to be able to eat everyday.
And never forget that in England local people do not need to steal from tourist, to feet their family.

Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
DEar Mother Egypt,
All the issues you are complaining about is absolutely the business of Egyptian and the government there.
We here keep unwanted people and business away from our country and that according to laws our covernment has made.
So there is nothing we here on ES can do to help you to get ridd of your problems.
Why does Egypt allow Forigners to do business in Egypt,why are they not stricter with the regulations.
Why is it so easy for a forigner to work in Egypt , why do the egyptians employ forigners why not empoly an egyptian instead!!
Why do they not have more controll of who is staying in the country,why do they let the "low class people" to stay there.
Please turn to some egyptian authorites with these questions and let us on ES learn how to cook some egyptian dishes.
All of those things you have pointed out are wrong but this is the wrong forum to do anything about those issues.
You are in Egypt you are egyptian so do something we can not help you.
Most of the people on thos bord is contributing much to the economy in Egypt not profiting so think about it and go somewhere with your complaints where they belong and can can do something about them.

mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
Actually, I agree with MotherEgypt's speech and his arguments in 90%.Why shouldn't he talk about it on the forum?
Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by mooneal:
Actually, I agree with MotherEgypt's speech and his arguments in 90%.Why shouldn't he talk about it on the forum?

I agree with the issues also but why they exicist is just because Egypt allows those things to happen.
Mother Egypt wants to blame somebody else for that.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com