EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » DO YOU HATE EGYPTIANS !!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: DO YOU HATE EGYPTIANS !!!
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like egyptian people very much.I have to anyway, I don't meet many foreigners around here, so everyone I know is Egyptian.
Love the humour. Love the idea of family. [but couldn't marry into one, even if anyone asked!]
I can't handle the 'class system' here though.Smells like racism, 'upper Egypt', 'low class', poor/rich, dark-skinned/fair-skinned. Silly!

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mother Egypt,
maybe as Tiger has already pointed out you may find part of your answer here.

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/IRIN/dfb356b901df1a5ebca296a2cbeae8c1.htm

Are you still blaming the Euro's, why you can't find work, why so many egyptians are in poverty?
This is just one of the many reasons why!!

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mooneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe he is discussing it openly, Mimmi? Why not?
Posts: 810 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mooneal:
Maybe he is discussing it openly, Mimmi? Why not?

Yes it is ok to discuss but he has an wrong attitude.
And I still think that those are issues that should be dealt among egyptians themselves that is if you don't want more forigners to come and work there and put Egypt in to order.

Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mooneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My impression is that he talks about foreigners who are rude to locals and earn double salary becuase they're foreigners.And treat locals awfully. Is it fair? I observed something like that in Egypt...
Posts: 810 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no is not fair. But who is responsible for that?
Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it is ok to discuss but he has an wrong attitude.
And I still think that those are issues that should be dealt among egyptians themselves that is if you don't want more forigners to come and work there and put Egypt in to order.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i do not think that it is a wrong attitude, as Mooneal said he just wants to highlight the fact that some foreigners who are rude to locals which I think in some circumstances it may be true...

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mooneal:
My impression is that he talks about foreigners who are rude to locals and earn double salary becuase they're foreigners.And treat locals awfully. Is it fair? I observed something like that in Egypt...

That is wrong but why does that happen ,who allows it.
Who has employed the forigners.
Why does Egypt allow it!!
I hate it when people are put in to different categories and I have always wondered why it is so common in Egypt not only between the forigners and egyptiens but also between egyptiens them selves.
I love and respect Egypt but there are things that should be improved

Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MotherEgypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, if you can help Ayman Nour here i guess we can help each other only for better understanding , why some of you guys are practicing double standards ,,
earlier in this post i admit it that might be the wrong place for all of this questions but i was only trying to talk it over and i was not expecting help from any of you because simply you can not offer any kind of help ,
any way as usual we left the main issue and some of you were just trying to point at the negative things here in Egypt,i have no idea why some of you felt like attacked and start taking a defensive attitude and just get all of his or her bad memories in Egypt whatever it is a shoping or broken heart stories .
after i get primak reply and some other logic replies i thought this might be the wrong place for this questions and later i was only replying to some memebers concerning thier strange behavior just attacking the others personally even without reading the full thread , they are just having a fixed thoughts and they are ready to fire anytime without thinking . i have nothing personally against any one lives here in Egypt and i always feel great to find some good, educated ,gentle Europeans around here pushing the ecnomic system forward and teaching us new things and they have respect to Egyptians no matter if they are owners or staff or some simple guy selling Bamia in the street.
i am only against whose losers whom are here just because they do not have any other chance anywhere else. i am against disrespect for anything concerning Egypt.

--------------------
The only way for evil to prevail, is for good men to stand by and do nothing

Posts: 565 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MotherEgypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You and me can not take any actions.
but how the change will happened
at least we can talk to each other to have better understanding.
our attitude to the world around us , our care even only emotionally, all of this are just roads leads to the change but if i just put my head under the sand and said to my self this does not concern me , nothing will change and we will just keep complaining.
you all here putting your thought in a forum called EGYPT serach , no one force you to express yourself here and no one force you to live in Egypt. it was your choice and always choice comes along with responsbilities.
being responsible does not mean to make the change by your own hand if you are not in a position to do so but it means to use your tools to help making the change , ES is a tool for all of us and as long as you are a member in ES even if you are hiding behind a nick name , but you still can be responsible and it is your choice .

--------------------

Posts: 565 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
I can't agree more. There is a place for everybody. Take care
mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
Well, but am still against offending each other.
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I completely understand how Egyptians feel. The politics is a bitch. Sorry for that.

I think Egypt is an "occupied" country.

Egyptians should be first to get the jobs. They are citizens.

In Germany, you can't possibly get the job if the German citizen is interested for that position.

In USA, the immigrants are exploated - basically.

I hope Egyptians stand up for their rights and search for solutions to free the country of all "those" who are using the country, and in addition - not respecting the good will and tolerance they get in return for the bread they are taking from unemployed Egyptian people who deserve to have a job in their own land.

Egypt is not rich country. This country need to be given, not taken for granted. Egyptians are way too kind and tolerant. This kind of treatment you will find nowhere in the world.

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

*********THE END ***********
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
******* S E Q U E L ******* [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I simply love egyptians.....with good and bad altogether.... [Smile]
Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
if you are strong enough to show up again i need an apology from tigerlilly and some other memebers shared in this thread ,,if you still want to gain some respect.

--------------------

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MotherEgypt:
if you are strong enough to show up again i need an apology from tigerlilly and some other memebers shared in this thread ,,if you still want to gain some respect.

Excuse me, what is that? What do you want? Listen to me, you are the only one who was and still is disrespectful throughout the whole thread. I am very sorry that no one can measure up to your high classness. And if these low class tourists - as you described them - wouldn't come anymore into your country what would you do then, hm? Don't even try to shift around your topic because you insulting whole nations - even better a whole continent - and at the same time you can't take critism even a bit. Show respect to others and you will get it back. Otherwise it's a cul-de-sac..... But what I am talking about, you call others shallow, practising double standard...... look in the mirror. Here we go! Get off your pipe and face reality!
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

mooneal
Member # 8782

Member Rated:
I do think that u misinterpreted Mother's post. Secondly, u treat him like those people who he writes about. Do u feel better? Moreover, u put into his mouth words he has never said.
MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
dear Es members i have no idea what to do to explain to tigerlilly that I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT OUR DEAR TOURISTS ,,,please can some one explain to her this point ,,or some one tell her to read the threads before posting because i am tired telling her this ,,I ALLREADY DID 3 TIMES IN ONE DAY or may be she has some ready one way posts regardless to what other are writing.or may be tigerlilly is a computre program or an answer machine she gives you the same answer every time no matter what you are saying , in this case i need no apology ,,

--------------------

MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
statement
for any one did not follow the whole thread , i have all respect to European whatever their country is and i as an Egyptian would welcome any tourist even in my own house with great pleasure and I as the 4th pyramid of Egypt (kidding )feel just more and more happy to see more tourists landing in my beloved Egypt from all over the world specially Somalia and Sudan .
I did not call any one shallow except tigerlilly and this meant to be a fact not an insult.
i am off my pipe now just because i ran out of tobacco.....

--------------------

Corvinous
Member # 6578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corvinous   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
WHY MOST OF NONE EGYPTIAN ARE COMPLAINING !!!
WHY THEY CAN NOT SHOW SOME RESPECT TO LOCALS !!!!
WHY THEY TREAT THE EGYPTIAN STAFF SO DIFFERENTLY ?
WHY THERE IS A LOT OF EUROPEAN (MORE EAST EUROPE)HAVING BUSINESS HERE WITHOUT PAYING TAXES OR HAVING LEGAL PAPERS AND MAKING THE PRICES VERY LOW ?
WHY HURGHADA AND SHARM BECOME A PLACE FOR VERY LOW CLASS EUROPEANS,,,
WHY A JOBLESS EUROPIAN CAN COME HERE AND GET PAID MORE THAN A QUALIFIED EGYPTIAN .
WHY SOME EROUPEAN USED TO DO VERY SIMPLE JOBS IN THEIR HOMES , THEY CAN BE EASILY MANGERS HERE FOR DIVING CENTERS AND TRAVEL AGENCIES ,,,ETC
SOMETIMES I WISH I HAVE BLUE EYES AND BLOND HAIR BUT ALL OF THE TIME I AM HAPPY TO BE EGYPTIAN !

THAT IS WHY EGYPT IS ALWAYS TOP PRIORITY FOR LOSERS FROM AROUND TH EWHOLE WORLD, WHORES AND CHAM-OUTAS AND ANY LOSER CAN BE A HUMAN HERE.

EGYPT IS TOO GENEROUS SINCE THE DAWN OF TIMES.

BRITS AND ITALIANS ARE ON TOP OF THE LIST.

EASTERN EUROPEANS ARE FOR BELLY-DANCING AND HOOKING.

Posts: 3903 | From: The Moon | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

[Eek!]
Sorry, didn't you say 'Low Class Europeans'? Whether or not you meant tourists, that's still pretty disrespectful. Tigerlily would never irresponsibly attack someone. You remind me of the chess player who always loses because you can't think ahead 3 or 4 moves and anticipate responses. Gain respect? Hmmmm...that starts with yourself expecting respect and not earning it.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
thanks alot guys for putting your thoughts into this thread, i am not willing to go through arguments because this not our issue. it is time and energy waste , may be we can just open a new one for Suggestions and Solutions.

--------------------

Khadija_Diagne
Member # 10149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Khadija_Diagne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel you, Mother [Wink] . Sometimes you just have to blow off steam [Mad] . It's cool. [Cool]
Posts: 478 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel what you are trying to say too mother BUT your use of language was inappropriate.
Time and time again on this forum the native speakers of english say one thing and the non native speakers think something entirely different from what is being said. This is a huge problem here on the forum. But instead of the english speaker being able to explain in more detail to the non native speaker what they meant. The non native speaker accuses the native of lying, trying to change things, deceiving them?????
I have no idea what the solution is here. Maybe before non native speakers reply to natives in a disrespectful way they should first check what their text actually is saying as opposed to what they think it is saying.
A bit like the Qu'ran, kept in arabic so it cannot be distorted!! do you understand what I mean?
So keep english within the context it is meant to be said, dont accuse US the english of not understanding our own language. It is OUR understanding of YOUR interpretation that is bewildering [Confused]
Tiger lily owes you no apology whatsoever. Dont await it because it's not going to come.
Have a nice day.
[Smile]

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia
Member # 1230

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Dalia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
WHY MOST OF NONE EGYPTIAN LIVING IN EGYPT ARE COMPLAINING ? !!!
WHY THEY CAN NOT SHOW SOME RESPECT TO LOCALS ? !!!!

I don't think that most of the expats living in Egypt are complaing.
But there is indeed a number of them who do. They are usually the ones that have been sent here by their companies; they live in their isolated little expat bubble, they don't learn Arabic, don't befriend locals and so on.

I usually don't hang out with those people. I'm not interested in expat clubs, embassy parties and the like. My friends in Cairo are a very diverse mixture of people who have come to Egypt for all sorts of reasons.

And, yes, we do complain sometimes but certainly not all of the time. [Smile]

quote:

Do they? My observation is rather that foreigners treat Egyptian stuff better than many Egyptians do.

I often cringe when I see how Egyptians treat people that are in a lower social class than themselves. I usually treat everyone – be it my cleaning lady, office boy, bauwab, secretary or whatever with politeness and respect, something I noticed many Egyptians don't.

For example – our secretary alway used to scream for the office boy in a very commanding, rude tone of voice. My South American colleague finally couldn't stand it anymore and told her to please call for him in a more civil manner.

I know many examples like this. And the sad thing about it is – most people in Egypt are so used to being treated like this that they will not cooperate if you're too friendly with them.

quote:
WHY A JOBLESS EUROPIAN CAN COME HERE AND GET PAID MORE THAN A QUALIFIED EGYPTIAN ?
WHY SOME EROUPEAN USED TO DO VERY SIMPLE JOBS IN THEIR HOMES , THEY CAN BE EASILY MANGERS HERE FOR DIVING CENTERS AND TRAVEL AGENCIES ,,,ETC

You are absolutely correct – many Egyptians assume that a foreigner is better equipped to handle a job than an Egyptian and there are expats who take advantage of that. They wouldn't be successful in their homecountry, yet in Egypt they can feel they are someone special ...

But that's not the foreigners' fault, they just take advantage of this ...

Posts: 2334 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I just add a final thought???? I have been working in Egypt for 3 years now.... with both Egyptians and Europeans....
The salary earned in my dive centre is the same for all dive staff regardless of nationality.... either it's accepted or it's not... it's our choice.... despite the fact that the Europeans have to pay bigger rents etc... it's the system there.... take it or leave it, I choose to take it!!
I live happily in Hurghada , I accept the bad with the good!!
There's no place to live in the world that's perfect!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Well said Samia.
I am glad that you dont pay in regards to ones nationality. The pay should be the same for the same job no matter what.
I am moving soon to egypt and I should expect to pay the same price as an egyptian no matter where I go. I know it wont happen but it should. Here there is one price for everyone regardless.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tooti, when are you moving to Egypt and where are you going to live? [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
UP. Thanks Dalia.

Gosh I totally forgot about this thread. Oh well it's almost four years ago when the discussion happened but now I remember.

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Thanks Dalia.

I see you're talking to yourself again, Tiger. [Razz]

Arrghg ... hang on ... I guess that actually means *I* am talking to myself, right? [Embarrassed] [Eek!] I'm getting seriously confused now ... damn this multiple personality disorder!!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pink cherry
Member # 13979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pink cherry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] [Razz] [Big Grin] [Smile]
Posts: 643 | From: Over there | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
now pink cherry is here, obviously another TL login name, so can the rest of us take a break now please? Dalia is right about it getting confusing......but then I would think she is right as I am also her impersonating another TL personality [Big Grin]

and I thought Akmad would make me dizzy ROFL [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
now pink cherry is here, obviously another TL login name, so can the rest of us take a break now please? Dalia is right about it getting confusing......but then I would think she is right as I am also her impersonating another TL personality [Big Grin]

and I thought Akmad would make me dizzy ROFL [Big Grin]

Yes, take a break. I'm about to go outside for another smoke. You are welcome to join me.
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pink cherry
Member # 13979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pink cherry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
now pink cherry is here, obviously another TL login name

[Cool] [Cool] [Cool] [Cool]

Posts: 643 | From: Over there | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*joins my other personality outside for a smoke leaving new personality in charge* [Cool]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
WHY MOST OF NONE EGYPTIAN LIVING IN EGYPT ARE COMPLAINING ? !!!
WHY THEY CAN NOT SHOW SOME RESPECT TO LOCALS ? !!!!
WHY THERE IS A LOT OF EUROPEANS (MORE EAST EUROPE)HAVING BUSINESS HERE WITHOUT PAYING TAXES OR HAVING LEGAL PAPERS AND MAKING THE PRICES VERY LOW ?
WHY HURGHADA AND SHARM BECOME A PLACE FOR VERY LOW CLASS EUROPEAN RESIDENTS ?,,,
WHY A JOBLESS EUROPIAN CAN COME HERE AND GET PAID MORE THAN A QUALIFIED EGYPTIAN ?
SOMETIMES I WISH I HAVE BLUE EYES AND BLOND HAIR BUT ALL OF THE TIME I AM HAPPY TO BE EGYPTIAN !

These things are all the fault of egyptians and their vicious self-loathing and lack of respect for themselves and each other.

You sir are an industrial strength retard.

Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com