EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » LOTS OF SNOW TODAY

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LOTS OF SNOW TODAY
Mike R.
Member # 9984

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Mike R.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey - here I was lookin forward to the clocks changin and the springtime when I get out of bed to find 10 inches of snow - wow winter is not finished yet.
Lookin forward to comin to Egypt for some fab weather soon

Posts: 15 | From: SCOTLAND | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've never seen snow in my life [Frown]
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7ayat- nefsi fe sobya:

Really? [Eek!]

Does it snow anywhere in Australia?

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

7ayat, believe me, you didn't miss out on anything. Funny I remember I used to teach a little boy in Mohandseen German and one day he said to me: "When you come back can you bring me some snow? I've never seen and touch some." I think that was really sweet. And I thought of how could I arrange that. Egypt does have a snow layers on the top of the hills in Sinai in the colder time of the year.

And in certain areas of Australia it does snow too. 7ayat, tell your hubby you want to go skiing! Good luck with that! [Smile]

http://skicentral.com/australia.html

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *Tigerlily*:
quote:

7ayat, believe me, you didn't miss out on anything. Funny I remember I used to teach a little boy in Mohandseen German and one day he said to me: "When you come back can you bring me some snow? I've never seen and touch some." I think that was really sweet. And I thought of how could I arrange that. Egypt does have a snow layers on the top of the hills in Sinai in the colder time of the year.

And in certain areas of Australia it does snow too. 7ayat, tell your hubby you want to go skiing! Good luck with that! [Smile]

http://skicentral.com/australia.html

you know the grass is always greener on the other side. you dont think snow is nice because you are used to it, and i find it fascinating because i never saw it [Smile]

snoozin i think it does snow in some areas in australia (not sure though) but i dont think i can take tiger's advice and go snowing! i tried ice skating in cairo, and by the time i went home i was one big bruise [Smile]

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It snows in the " snowy mountains"( original name eh!!) -like thredbo and jindabyne and down in victoria .
Most people go to New Zealand south island to ski-its about the same cost.To Queenstown and Mt Hutt.
I went toboganning once on a school excursion but I never dare to ski.Looks way dangerous!

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

7ayat then... I invite you in Romania! Here you will found enough snow [Smile] I'm not kidding.
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love snow [Smile] i used to skate all the time.
but i dont like to freeze to death [Big Grin]

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by karla:
quote:

7ayat then... I invite you in Romania! Here you will found enough snow [Smile] I'm not kidding.
oh id love to go to romania some day inshallah. do you thnk i can bump into illie nastase? [Big Grin]
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
I love snow [Smile] i used to skate all the time.
but i dont like to freeze to death [Big Grin]

Sweety here isn't "freeze to death"...then...when you will come?? [Smile]
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MousseT
Member # 9226

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MousseT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Yasmine, two days after you left from here we had one meter of snow in Milano!!!!!!!
Such a pity you were not in Italy anymore to see it, I would have taken you skiing with me for one day in the mountains...
Next time we meet, I hope! [Smile]

Posts: 285 | From: Milano, Italy | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

quote:
quote:
quote:

oh id love to go to romania some day inshallah. do you thnk i can bump into illie nastase? [Big Grin]
7ayat sure! Even if he isn't my friend...I can make an appointment...it's no problem [Smile]
And really girls...if you decided to come it's enough to tell me. I will prepare everything. [Smile]

karla
Member # 5472

quote:
Originally posted by MousseT:
quote:

Yasmine, two days after you left from here we had one meter of snow in Milano!!!!!!!
Such a pity you were not in Italy anymore to see it, I would have taken you skiing with me for one day in the mountains...

And today...my sister told me that she put the shoes because it's nice day at Milan [Smile]
Volevo essere anche qui tempo bello...pero noi siamo sfortunati..qui nevica [Roll Eyes]

MousseT
Member # 9226

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MousseT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MousseT:
quote:

And today...my sister told me that she put the shoes because it's nice day at Milan [Smile]
Volevo essere anche qui tempo bello...pero noi siamo sfortunati..qui nevica [Roll Eyes]

Karla, qui è una giornata bellissima che ti viene voglia di ballare sotto il sole! E io chiusa in ufficio..... [Roll Eyes] Finalmente arriva la primavera, non vedo l'ora di vestirmi leggera!
Ciao bella!

Posts: 285 | From: Milano, Italy | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

MoussT sento la stessa cosa...comunque io devo aspettare perché da noi non verrà così immediatamente la primavera [Smile]
But I will come in three weeks at Milan to see your spring [Wink] I have to see for myself [Smile]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

snoozin i think it does snow in some areas in australia (not sure though) but i dont think i can take tiger's advice and go snowing! i tried ice skating in cairo, and by the time i went home i was one big bruise [Smile]

Well, you don't have to go skiing, just look at the snow and enjoy. You need to move to the snow, I don't think the snow will come to you unless the weather drastically changes in Sydney. [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike R.
Member # 9984

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike R.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For you guys who haven't seen snow its great fum when it falls and is new on the ground...but when it starts to melt its horrible, wet feet, wet everything!
Anyway the kids have built a snowman but its melting in the sun!!

Posts: 15 | From: SCOTLAND | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com