EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Halls

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Halls
Sohyla
Member # 8287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sohyla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the deal with Halls cough drops in Egypt? I always used to take them when I was sick but here they are either eaten as candy or breath mints!
Posts: 516 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Rose Immortal
Member # 10497

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black Rose Immortal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to admit, I eat them as candy and breath mints lol they are irresistable.

--------------------
^_^

Posts: 27 | From: Death pit | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nanouk
Member # 10384

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nanouk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by minry80:
What is the deal with Halls cough drops in Egypt? I always used to take them when I was sick but here they are either eaten as candy or breath mints!

All the quirky things that are Egypt. [Big Grin]
Posts: 143 | From: Silicon Valley | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One day my husband hands me a pack of Halls.
He smiled as if to say 'my gift'. I said 'I'm not sick'. He looked so confused. He took one out, popped it into his mouth and smiled. I said, 'does your throat hurt?' he said, 'what? no, why??' I said 'do you know what those are for?'...at this point he started to look a little embarrased. I said 'these are for if you have a sore throat or a nagging cough'. LOL
I started to laugh so much and after that he always gets them for me if I have a sore throat and won't eat them as candy or mints anymore! ROFL, I kept asking 'why don't you read the package before you put something in your mouth??'

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Halls also have extra vitamins in them and that's already a good argument for me.
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
He smiled as if to say 'my gift'. I said 'I'm not sick'. He looked so confused. He took one out, popped it into his mouth and smiled. I said, 'does your throat hurt?' he said, 'what? no, why??' I said 'do you know what those are for?'...at this point he started to look a little embarrased. I said 'these are for if you have a sore throat or a nagging cough'. LOL
I started to laugh so much and after that he always gets them for me if I have a sore throat and won't eat them as candy or mints anymore! ROFL, I kept asking 'why don't you read the package before you put something in your mouth??'

That is sooo funny! First, they don't taste good! [Eek!] Second, people *like* walking around with medicinal smelling breath? [Big Grin]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
quote:

That is sooo funny! First, they don't taste good! [Eek!] Second, people *like* walking around with medicinal smelling breath? [Big Grin]
Why not? Do you prefer people that stinks from their mouths??
Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always wondered about the medicinal breath too! If they are using it to cover bad breath, there are better ways than a Halls Mentholiptus (by the way MENTHO says it all).
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerry
Member # 6310

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmmhh the purple and red ones are the best [Big Grin]

--------------------
~InsHallAh~

Posts: 147 | From: Mainz,Germany/ Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I always wondered about the medicinal breath too! If they are using it to cover bad breath, there are better ways than a Halls Mentholiptus (by the way MENTHO says it all).

A trip to the dentist for starters.
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
I always wondered about the medicinal breath too!

When i found out those mentholiptus halls i was eating them all the time like a child playing with new toys the day after Christmas . You're so surprised at first and then you can't stop playing, just like you are afraid of losing your toys.
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only difference between most cough drops and hard candies is that the cough drops generally have some eucalptus or menthol or some other additive. Aside from that, they're really just sugar candies.
Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
ROFL, I kept asking 'why don't you read the package before you put something in your mouth??'

Hmmm ... the implications of your statement. What happens if that "package" comes with no instructions?
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love halls, always had them in my bag in egypt
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LiveItUp
Member # 4811

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for LiveItUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is too funny, noticed it too. I don't think the taste is good at all with menthol and can't even suck on one when sick. I had a friend that carried a tin case of "Altoids" peppermint all the time with him" for fresh breath while out, the case is cute too. They are soo strong too. Me I prefer certs lifesaver types of spearmint but no, can't afind them here. I don't know how one likes the taste of the Halls..either.
Posts: 395 | From: Whereever I go | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Do you guys ever hear of clorets?

It's a chewing-gum that can keep fresh breath for a long time.

But when you chew it too long the taste leaves.

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by 7ayat- nefsi fe sobya:
i love halls, always had them in my bag in egypt

still better than running around with gums.

Chewing people are vulgar.

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by _Masrawi_:
quote:
ROFL, I kept asking 'why don't you read the package before you put something in your mouth??'

Hmmm ... the implications of your statement. What happens if that "package" comes with no instructions?
dont put it in your mouth?
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
posted 18 March, 2006 09:08 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Halls also have extra vitamins in them and that's already a good argument for me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 785 | From: Home | Registered: Oct 2005 | IP: Logged |

Hey je ne veux pas avoir l'air idiote, alors je te pose la question a toi et en Francais.
C'est quoi des halls ? [Frown]

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
quote:
Originally posted by _Masrawi_:
quote:

dont put it in your mouth?
I don't ... but have seen so many do so ... up close and personal. [Eek!]
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Bombon:
posted 18 March, 2006 09:08 PM
Posts: 785 | From: Home | Registered: Oct 2005 | IP: Logged |

Hey je ne veux pas avoir l'air idiote, alors je te pose la question a toi et en Francais.
C'est quoi des halls ? [Frown]

Des halls c'est comme des ricola
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha bon merci grace a toi ce soir je ne vais pas dormir idiote [Smile]
Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband bought a pack of cigarettes one day and instead of change the lady gave him two Halls cough drops. He hands me one of them and I give him this look like are you nuts? I told him I didn't have a sore throat so, no thanks. He thought they were candy. I explained that back home they are marketed for sore throats. He told me he saw a commercial for them and they were candy so he popped both of them in his mouth. Ugh!
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by LiveItUp:
That is too funny, noticed it too. I don't think the taste is good at all with menthol and can't even suck on one when sick. I had a friend that carried a tin case of "Altoids" peppermint all the time with him" for fresh breath while out, the case is cute too. They are soo strong too. Me I prefer certs lifesaver types of spearmint but no, can't afind them here. I don't know how one likes the taste of the Halls..either.

Altoids are great! Especially the ginger ones. [Smile]
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i but a packet of blackcurrent tunes whenever i fill up with petrol????
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

ROFL OMG You cannot believe how I am laughing at this thread! LOL
I see them give these Halls back with change at the stores too, as if it's something extra*. LOL
When they give it to me, I think, 'why not give me a bottle of cough syrup instead'? [Big Grin]

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
OMG OMG...... do you get tunes in egypt??!!!!!
seabreeze
Member # 10289

what kind of tunes do you mean?
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!

that means you dont get them. im not coming!!!
they are mentholated boiled sweets in a couple of flavours.... there add is 'tunes, helps you breath more easily' they are soooooooo good. actually i dont eat many at all... its purely a habit thing... buying them when i fill up with petrol.
i'll bring a box with me..... anyone want some????!!!!!

Karena
Member # 9835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Love some Charm, blackcurrant only please, eat them like sweets, they are so addictive [Smile]
Posts: 200 | From: uk | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
[in the syle of homer simpson] mmmmmmmmmm blackcurrant tunes
seabreeze
Member # 10289

hmmm, if they are here, I haven't noticed them.
I love menthol though~

Karena
Member # 9835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They do all different flavours, Lemon, blackcurrant & strawberry and I think they also do honey, I love honey hmmmm.
Posts: 200 | From: uk | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
what is blackcurrant
Karena
Member # 9835

Hi Learner

Blackcurrant's are a very small round dark purple fruit, you can make juice with the fruit which is also delicious and full of vitamin C

Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
thank you [Smile] , good evening.
Snapdragon
Member # 9036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snapdragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG LOL that is so funny. I was just asking my husband why everyone in his law office eats those things like breath mints or fruit candy. I told him ...read the side of the pack...they are for sore throat. LOL [Smile] He always comes home smelling like a Halls menthol. YUCK!

quote:
Originally posted by minry80:

Posts: 525 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karena
Member # 9835

Your welcome Learner and Good evening to you [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com